TV can’t see the phone through HDMI
Many people even now use ordinary phones (without OS) are not prejudiced against smartphones. They prefer to use the phone for its direct purpose. as a simple means of communication, “talker.
At the same time, even simple models of modern phones, you, have a built-in photo-video camera, so there is a desire to view media files in the cinema TV. In this material we will understand how to connect your phone to the TV.
Signal source not selected
When connecting a laptop through HDMI, you must properly specify the signal source on your TV, otherwise the laptop’s desktop picture won’t come through. Find the source control button on the remote control.
If your TV has two HDMI ports, then you should choose the connector to which you connected your laptop. If your laptop is connected to HDMI2, choose HDMI2.
Video card drivers
Unfortunately, a very common situation among novice users. an attempt to update the driver in the Device Manager, getting a message that the most appropriate driver is already installed and the subsequent confidence that the driver is really updated.
In fact, this message only indicates that Windows has no other drivers and you may well be told that the driver is installed, when the Device Manager shows “Standard VGA graphics adapter” or “Microsoft Basic Video Adapter” (both of these options tell you that the driver was not found and installed the standard driver, which can only perform basic functions and usually does not work with multiple monitors).
And therefore in case of problems with connection of the second monitor I strongly recommend to install the video card driver manually:
Download your graphics card driver from the official NV website Or another driver-related issue: The second monitor was working, but was suddenly not detected. This may indicate that Windows has updated the video card driver. Try to enter the device manager, open the properties of your video card and on the tab “Driver” rollback the driver.
When the sound is not transmitted via HDMI to the TV, most often the breakdowns lie in the following elements of the connection:
- The cable is damaged. There are kinks, bends. Or it was located under heavy furniture.
- The sound on the TV is set incorrectly. The settings have been turned down to the minimum value.
- Broken TV speakers. There is interference on any channel and without digital TV connection.
- Incorrect PC settings when watching movies from a laptop or PC.
- Program failures of digital or satellite set-top box.
Each of the listed malfunctions affects the sound quality. Often they lead to complete silence from the TV speakers.
Check the cable integrity
The first thing you can do if there is no sound coming through HDMI to your TV is to check the cable integrity and condition of the connectors. To do this, just look carefully at the wire. Make sure there is no damage or kinks in it. Then, examine the condition of the connector. That shouldn’t have any dust, foreign objects, or broken pieces. It’s also worth checking the integrity of the inputs on your TV. You can clean them with a soft brush. But do it with the utmost care.
After all the manipulation you can reconnect the cable. And make sure that all the connectors are in place. If the sound problem is not solved, check the TV settings.
Setting the sound in the TV
The reason why there is no sound through HDMI on your TV can be the adjustment of the TV itself. Do the following to check for this malfunction:
- Press the “Mute” button on the TV remote control. Make sure it has been turned off.
- Enter the menu. The settings are for sound. Check the settings.
After that turn up the volume on your TV and check if the sound is gone. If not, check the video source. computer or digital set-top box.
When you connect the TV to your computer, the operating system automatically detects the new audio and video playback format. This switches the sound from the built-in or connected speakers to TV options. But there are system failures when the laptop does not automatically detect the new settings.
Instructions on how to switch the sound from your computer to your TV:
- Find the “speakers” icon in the Quick Launch bar. It is most often located in the bottom right corner on Windows7, XP.
- Right click on it. In the window that opens, select “Sound.”.
- Find the “Playback” tab. This will display all devices through which you can broadcast audio files.
- Find your TV model and select the checkbox to “use as default”.
- Saving the changes. Restart the movie.
If the TV is not displayed when you open the sound settings, you need to click on the empty space of the window with the right mouse button. And select the item “show disconnected devices”. There must be a TV in them.
The path to the sound settings can vary in different OS versions. It is possible to enter through the admin panel or Control Panel. But in any case you need to find the sound settings.
Restarting the digital set-top box
If the sound from a digital set-top box or satellite receiver is not played back via HDMI on the TV set, it is worth restarting the equipment. To do this:
Automatic channel tuning can start. You need to wait. And once again check the sound.
If the reset does not work, you can try to reset the digital set-top box to “factory settings”. To do this open the menu and find the “settings” item. And “factory reset”. Enter 0000, 1111 or 1234 if needed. Wait for the equipment to restart, wait for automatic channel settings.
Check the sound quality through other cables
If after all the manipulation, still no sound on the TV through HDMI, try to connect the device through other cables. For example, you can connect a digital set-top box through the tulips that come with the equipment.
Remember. You can’t watch Full HD or 3D movies when you connect your equipment via the tulip. This wire does not have a high bandwidth and does not support the new video, audio, film playback protocols.
The problem is fixed? Then the cable is broken or you have the wrong cable. For example, a DVI-to-HDMI adapter will not work if you have a VGA-to-HDMI input. To select the correct wire right away, read the TV’s manual. There are recommended interfaces for connecting external equipment.
When you need to buy a new HDMI
The need to purchase a new wire is advisable in the following cases:
- Significant defects were found upon external inspection;
- The length of the cable is not long enough for a correct connection;
- The connectors are broken. you can see bends on them, broken plugs;
- Wrong type of adapter is selected.
In other cases, when there is no sound on the TV when you connect HDMI, it is necessary to make a diagnosis. And also check if the speakers of the TV work. If they break, take the TV to a service center.
Physical damage to the port
If all manipulations with the settings do not help, and the laptop does not connect to the TV, then perhaps the laptop does not work HDMI output. The problems can also be on the side of the TV, to determine the source can only be experienced.
By the way, you should connect the cable to the turned off equipment. The HDMI standard specifies that it supports “hot plugging”, but it is better to play it safe and turn off your notebook and TV in advance.
Hello I have a problem. The picture is there but there is no sound and sound devices do not show what to do, and even if you select the disabled device does not see the TV as a sound device.
Hello. Check the settings carefully
Hello! My question is this: I connect my laptop to the TV through HDMI sees everything, everything is connected, but only when the laptop is not plugged into the network (charging), as soon as I connect the charger to the laptop, the image disappears from the TV. WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
Hello, it will be difficult to help without seeing the device.
Hello, one laptop does not see the TV. I checked it with another laptop. The cable is intact, the HDMI input in the TV works, everything is normal with the TV. Thought the problem was in the Intel Grapfics video device driver. On the site of Intel ran diagnostics and downloaded the appropriate driver, but failed to install. Received a message about the installation error. Please advise how to solve the problem.
Hello, if I understand you correctly, the laptop does not react to the cable (the word completely).On some devices you need a separate function to enable the output on the screen.Or it is the driver, or the problem is in the connector itself
Hello. The TV set shows no signal on the laptop does not show a second monitor. Although TV set-top box sees. On the other TV set all works fine.
Good day. You need to diagnose the device.
Good afternoon. We are already in despair!) Tested the TV and the cable on another laptop. All is fine. Mine doesn’t see it. Reinstalled the Windows, drivers. The system says everything works. Select the “Duplicate screen”. But nothing. No signal.
Afternoon. need diagnosis in this case.
Good afternoon. The problem is most likely with the settings.
If the laptop does not see the TV through HDMI, but the TV responds to the computer inscription no signal, and when I pull the cable out, the inscription No connection Approximate repair costs
Good afternoon, first thing you need to try another HDMI cable
Good afternoon I have a laptop laptop lenovo G505 Samsung TV can not connect via HDMI.The TV set is correct.
Good evening. There may be a problem with the cable or the settings in the laptop.
Hello. I have a netbook “TOSHIBA” I tried to use HDMI to connect to a TV “Philips” netbook works, I checked with my father works, but at home does not, the cable also works. tell me if there could be a problem with the TV if we have never connected HDMI ?
Hello! It is difficult to say, but the problem may be in the TV itself!
The system is not set up
To send an image to the TV, you not only need to select the source, but also adjust the screen on the laptop itself:
Right-click on the desktop. Open the “Screen resolution” section.
On some models of laptops turn on the second screen by key combination FnF8 (instead of F8 may be another button from the series F1-F12). After such a setup, the laptop desktop should appear on the TV screen. If the sound continues to play through your laptop’s speakers, make additional adjustments:
Click on the volume icon in the tray and open “Playback Devices.
If you can’t see anything after selecting source and configuring the system, check your video card drivers and settings.
HDMI not outputting to TV. Causes and Solution
If after connecting the personal computer to the TV via HDMI nothing happens, then you need to check again if all the steps in the previously discussed procedure have been followed correctly.
If the user is sure that he has done everything correctly, but the signal from the PC does not transmit to the TV, it is worth checking the devices and connection for faults.
- Incorrect connection settings.
- Damage or problem with HDMI cable.
- Problems hidden in devices: a computer or TV.
Each type of fault has specific cases that require a specific solution. Therefore, they should be disassembled separately.
The first thing to do is to inspect the HDMI cable for physical damage. It is necessary to check the outer sheath throughout the entire wire strand, but some areas should receive special attention.
The first place to check is where the cable folds. That’s where breakage is most likely to occur. Then you should inspect the areas that touch the corners of nightstands, stands, and other furniture. The risk of detecting a breakage in these areas is also great.
HDMI cables are often chewed by pets, mostly cats. It is extremely difficult to see damage from such tampering. All that is left on the cable are small fang marks. However, such bites can be felt.
If there is no physical damage along the entire length, you should pay attention to the cable ports. This is where the wire connects to your computer or TV. You should definitely check that the ports are not bent.
Faulty cable can be proved by replacing it. If changing the HDMI cable to another one solved the problem with the image output, then it is likely that it was due to a broken cable.
Do not try to solder the broken wire yourself, since HDMI cables are “fussy” about tampering with them.
The TV set is not set up
When turning on the HDMI cable to the TV, many users encounter a screen that reads “No Signal Detected” or “No Signal. Most TV owners believe that they have connected the cable incorrectly, but the main problem with such inscriptions on the display is the lack of the simplest settings of the device.
You’ll also need the TV settings if the display still shows a different signal when you turn on the HDMI cable: a cable TV or a VGA cable.
To switch the TV to HDMI playback mode, you need to press the “SOURCES” button:
- Press the “SOURCES” button. Usually, this button is in the upper right corner of the remote control and represents a square with an arrow in it.
- The TV will display a list of all possible sources to receive the signal.
- You need to select the exact HDMI source that the signal is coming from. These are usually signed with the same numbers as the external connector on the TV.
- Select the desired source with the arrows on the remote control and confirm your choice with the “OK” button.
If everything is correct, the TV will switch to HDMI signal.
On some TVs, the SOURCES button has a different name. Usually it is “INPUT” or “Sources”.
Your notebook or PC is not set up correctly
A desktop or laptop computer also needs to be set up properly to be able to send HDMI signals to the TV. First of all, you need to make sure that your computer can transmit the signal from its desktop to the projector, and therefore to additional monitors, which includes the TV.
- Right-click on any free space on the desktop of the personal computer.
- Open the “Screen Resolution” subsection.
- In the window that appears select the “Connect to a projector” tab.
- In the settings any mode except “PC only” must be activated.
If the user performs all steps of the instruction correctly he/she gets the PC connected to the TV set via HDMI.
The case when “Connect to the projector” cannot change the mode indicates that there is no connection between the devices. The user should check the integrity of the cable and the PC and TV ports.
In addition to the long step-by-step instruction, you can use the Windows shortcut (the button with the flag drawn on it) P. This combination will cause a mode change in the “Connect to a projector” function.
Video card problem
In the case of desktop computers, the image signal to the TV does not come from the entire PC system, as is the case with laptops, but only from the video card or video adapter device. And this part of the computer system has a habit of often breaking down due to a large overload that occurs during operation.
The problem in the work of the video card arises because of outdated drivers that serve this part of the system PC. You can update the software of video adapters on your own by downloading the installer from the manufacturer’s official site, or automatically by running a system update.
nVidia video cards have a specialized program that scans your computer system, checking for the latest update and running it on the device. You can download this software from the developer’s website.
To start the automatic system update you should
- Run the Windows command line by pressing the hot keys “Win” “R”.
- In the window that will open enter the value “devmgmt.msc”.
- The device manager appears in front of the user. In it you need to open the “Video adapters” tab, in which you need to find the video card you are interested in.
- Right-click on the item of the device of interest.
- Select the “Update drivers” tab.
- The assistant-Windows instructions follow.
After updating the video card drivers it is necessary to reboot the computer operating system.
Causes of problems and their elimination
Why the computer or laptop does not see the TV? There are several reasons. Let’s list the most popular ones:
- The equipment is connected incorrectly;
- HDMI cable is damaged;
- Faulty interface on a PC, laptop or TV;
- Problem with the video card drivers;
- Incorrect monitor settings;
- Wrong settings on the TV set;
- The GPU processor of your PC or laptop is broken.
Now let’s study in detail, why the connection of the computer to the TV does not work. Here are the basic steps to diagnose the hardware
- Assessment of the correctness of the wiring scheme and visual inspection of the integrity of the wires.
- Checking the computer and TV settings.
- Testing your computer’s operating system for viruses.
- Diagnose port functionality by connecting to other devices.
- Check for graphics card driver updates.
Now let’s look in detail why the TV doesn’t find the PC or laptop. We offer useful recommendations for troubleshooting.
In situations when the picture was transmitted correctly from the laptop connected to the TV, and then the synchronization is interrupted, you need to start with checking the integrity of the cable. The plug may have come loose or the wire may have been broken. Problems mostly occur because the plug has come loose. It could even be due to the fact that the user just walked by. Mechanical damage of the cord is less common. Cables come in many lengths. So users have the opportunity to find the best solution for themselves. This rules out interruptions.
If your notebook is connected to the TV, but there is still no picture, first check that the plugs are correctly inserted in the sockets. If the TV does not see the HDMI cable from the TV, try another cord. Do not exclude that the failure in the connection arose as a result of a damaged wire.
TV not tuned
Some TVs do not have an option for automatic signal detection. Particularly if you previously configured the synchronization of the TV with other devices. In situations when the TV does not see the laptop or PC when connected via HDMI, take the remote control and then select the list of available signal sources. Select “HDMI” from the suggested list.
If signal detection does not happen automatically when you plug in the cable, then you’ll need to do all the work manually. Step by step algorithm of actions:
- One plug of the cable should be inserted into the port which is located on the side or back of the TV. The second plug is inserted into the corresponding PC or laptop connector.
- Take the remote control and press the “Source” or “Input” button. The name may vary, depending on the model and manufacturer of your TV. When a list of available sources appears on the screen, select “HDMI”.
- Go into the TV settings to select a specific connector. TVs are mostly equipped with two HDMI inputs. You will find the connector number directly below it. In the settings, select the one in which the cable was inserted. You can switch between the ports using special buttons or numbers 8 and 2.
- Press the “Enter” or “OK” button on the remote control to make the changes you have made to the settings take effect. If there are no such buttons on the remote control, then just go down to the menu a little bit, and then select the command “Apply”. In the English version of the menu will be called “Apply”.
The remote controls on many modern TVs have an “HDMI” button. That means you can ignore the second point of this instruction. Just press this key. The result will be a switch to this signal source. Pre-select the desired port. How to do this is described in the third and fourth paragraphs of the manual.
If during the selection of the signal source you have any difficulties, carefully review the instructions that came with the TV. There is a detailed description of how to connect additional devices using the HDMI connector.
Incorrect monitor settings
If there are no problems with the signal transmission, then you need to diagnose the settings of your laptop or computer. Very often the computer does not see the TV set via HDMI precisely because of the incorrect system settings. This does not require any special knowledge. It’s easy enough to follow the simple instructions:
- Move your mouse to an empty area of the screen, and then click on the PCM.
- In the context menu that appears, select “Screen resolution”. Sometimes this is referred to as “Graphic Specifications”. It all depends on the version of the operating system.
- Choose the best way to show the picture on your big screen TV. Stick to the resolution that is listed in the technical specifications of your TV.
Setup tool is much easier to activate on your notebook. Press FnF4. Press and hold this combination until optimal resolution is defined automatically. As soon as the laptop or PC goes to sleep mode, the image fades. That’s why it’s better to disable the automatic sleep transition in order to establish a seamless connection with your TV.
There is a problem with the video card
Video card failure is another common reason why the TV stops seeing your laptop or PC. The inscription “No signal” appeared on the screen, what to do in such situations? To fix the problem, you need to update the drivers. It is not very difficult to find them on the Internet. You can download an update package from the GPU manufacturer’s official web site.
Start by reading the video card specifications. The thing is that not all graphics modules support the option of displaying an image on multiple monitors. You can read about such characteristics in the documentation, which comes with the video card. If all documents have been lost, then you can use special software.