I forgot my password to enter the computer. Took out the flat battery for 2 min, went into the BIOS. I forgot my password to log in to my computer.
This method is suitable not only for resuming access to your computer with Windows 7, but also for resuming access to your computer with Vista. We need a startup disk or flash drive. ➀Restart your computer after plugging in the startup disk. If you have any problems booting, enter BIOS and specify CD/DVD-ROM as first disk to boot from and Hard Disk as second disk. ➁In the boot window, click “Restore System”. ➂The window where you will select the OS you want to restore will appear. Click on “Next”. ➃In the “System Restore Options” program window, click “Command Prompt. ➄Enter the word “regedit” at the command prompt. ➅Click on “HKey_Local_Machine” in the registry editor. ➆Select “File” tab.”Load bush”. Select the file to load: “C:Windowsystem32configsystem”. ➈After this the registry editor will offer to name the new branch. ➉In “HKey_Local_Machine” find our name. Click on the plus sign next to it. Unfolds the directory tree where you click on “Setup”. ⑪The file must be selected in the right field. Select “SetupType”. ⑫Open it and in the “Value” field, type 2. Change “CmdLine” file by specifying in the “Value” field cmd.exe. ⑭Close the Registry Editor window and reopen it. ⑮Go to “HKey_Local_Machine” and select the created branch in n. 9. ⑯ From the “File” menu, select “Unload bush”. ⑰Close all windows and restart your computer. ⑱The console window will appear on startup, where you should enter the previous username and new password. Done! What to do if you forget your computer password on Windows 8 You can log in to Windows 8 using your local account or Microsoft account. If the password from the first one is lost, it can be restored either through the Administrator account or with the password reset disk. It is possible to restore access to Microsoft account only via Internet. Restore access to your Microsoft account Restore can be done from any device that is connected to the Internet. To do so: ➊Go to the Microsoft home page and search for “Reset your password” there. Select “I forgot my password” and “Reset password”. ➌Just follow the instructions. Now, when logging in to the OS, enter the password you received. Make sure your PC has an active Internet connection at this time. Restore access by means of the password reset disk This method is applicable if the disk has been created beforehand. Restoring takes place via the following steps:
Turn on your computer. Boot your OS and fill in your password. ➁If the login or password is incorrect, a message will appear. Press “OK”. ➂A field for entering the answer to the security question and a password reset button will appear. ➃In the meantime, connect the disk and click “Reset Password”. ➄The Reset Your Password Wizard will start. Click “Next”. ➅Specify the key storage address and click “Next”. ➆There will be two fields for entering a new password and confirming it. Enter! ➇Answer the security question and click “Next” and “Done”. Now you can use your operating system. If you forget the password, use the password reset disk.
You have forgotten the password to enter your computer, or to enter Windows? If it’s in Windows, removing the battery won’t help.
Press F8 on PC boot/reboot;. Select Safe Mode on Advanced Windows Boot Menu;. Select the built-in Administrator account, which is not password-protected by default (you can select any account from any member of the Administrators group whose password you know and/or do not have);. Click Yes on the Desktop window with a message that Windows is in Safe Mode;. Once the Desktop loads, click Start. Control Panel. User Accounts;. Click on the account icon in the Control Panel window;. Click on the User Accounts icon to display a message that Windows is in Safe Mode. Close the Control Panel window;. Restart the PC.
You ask Google, and then you ask him. “How do you reset an account password?”
Huh))) ) Of course nothing happens))) ) Т. to the password on the user account. It has nothing to do with the BIOS.
when the password field appears press ctrl-alt-del (possibly two times) will open the admin account from it go in and try to remove the old one if there is no critical information on the PC and wait was not previously formatted there is a chance to roll back the system to the factory settings = when you run altF10 (computer will return to the state at the time of purchase) good luck.
Press F8 after booting up your computer. The choice appears.
Safe mode Safe mode with Networking Normal mode
You enter Safe Mode. Run Windows, log in through the Administrator account. Continue to Control Panel. User Accounts and you bluntly remove all passwords. Restart your computer and start in normal mode. Everything!
If the administrator password, then reset it and set a new one will help Live CD Reanimator ERDCommander.iso Instructions on the internet.
Standard method of Microsoft account password recovery
If you have forgotten your Microsoft account password (it doesn’t matter what device. Nokia, computer or laptop with Windows 10 or anything else), provided that this device is connected to the Internet, the most universal way to recover/reset the password is as follows.
- From any other device (t.е., for example, if you have forgotten the password on your phone, but you have an unlocked computer, you can do it on it) go to the official site https://account.live.com/password/reset
- Select the reason why you are recovering your password, for example, “I don’t remember my password” and click “Next”.
- Enter your phone number or email address linked to your Microsoft account (t.е. that E-mail, which is a Microsoft account).
- Choose how you want to receive your security code (by SMS or email). Here’s the tricky part: you will not be able to read the SMS with the code, because your phone is locked (if you forgot your password on it). But: there is usually nothing to prevent you from temporarily moving the SIM card to another phone to get the code. If you can’t get the code by mail or SMS, see step 7.
- Enter the confirmation code.
- Set a new password for the account. If you have reached this step, your password has been restored and the following steps are not required.
- In case you can’t provide the phone number or e-mail address associated with your Microsoft account at step 4, select “I don’t have that information” and enter any other E-mail you have access to. Then enter the confirmation code that will be sent to that email address.
- Next, you’ll have to fill out a form that requires you to provide as much information about yourself as possible to allow the support team to identify you as the account holder.
- After you fill it in you will have to wait (the result will come to the E-mail address from step 7), and then the data will be checked: you may or may not get access to your account.
After you change the password for your Microsoft account, it will change on all other devices with the same account that are connected to the Internet. For example, if you change your password on your computer, you can log in with the same password on your phone.
If you need to reset your Microsoft account password on your Windows 10 PC or laptop, you can do the same steps simply on the lock screen by clicking “I don’t remember password” under the password input field on the lock screen and going to the password recovery page.
If none of the methods of password recovery help you, most likely you will have lost your access to your Microsoft account forever. However, you can restore access to the device and create another account on it.
Built-in OS tools
The operating system is thoughtfully designed. If you have forgotten your laptop or PC password, first of all, you can use the built-in hint. When you enter an alphanumeric value, you have created it yourself. For example, it could be a question about a pet’s name or your mother’s maiden name. There are many options. If the prompt does not work, you can use the Administrator account to change the login code for another account. The Administrator has these rights.
Go to Control Panel. Choose the item “Accounts”. Click on the line with the word “Administration. Choose an account that we can’t log in to. To the left of the icon will be a list of actions that we can perform as an Administrator. We will select “Change password”. Type in a new login cipher. Done. Here you can also enter a hint.
How to set a password on your computer when you log on to Windows 7
To set a password on your Windows 7 computer, you need to go to “Control Panel”. To do this, click on the “Start” button and on the right side of the menu, select the “Control Panel” item.
After opening the “Control Panel”, go to “User Accounts and Family Safety” and then to the “User Accounts” subsection. As a result, you should open a window with the settings for your account. If you want to set a password to log in to your account, then click on the link “Create a password for your account”. If you want to set a password for another user, then click on “Manage another account” and select the desired user. But keep in mind that you will need administrator rights for this.
Next, you’ll need to enter a new password twice, enter your password hint, and click the “Create Password” button.
After that the password will be created. Now you will be prompted for a password when you try to logon to the account.
Please help me. I forgot my computer login password, can I unlock it??
Reset Windows Password. Professional software for resetting, changing or recovering passwords for all types of Windows accounts. The utility supports all versions of Windows, works with local and domain accounts, recovers passwords to accounts almost instantly, and has a Russian interface and Russian-language help function. support for. Reset Windows Password. necessary if you have lost the Administrator password, if you have forgotten your Windows password, you can not activate your account. The program is loaded from a bootable CD or USB disk. The application interface is in the form of a wizard. So, the operation does not seem complicated even for an inexperienced user. Unlike other tools of this kind, Reset Windows Password is the ONLY one that works correctly with all types of Windows accounts. Features. Simple, intuitive graphical interface Reset and change passwords for local users and administrators, domain administrators, user accounts, DSRM accounts Activate and unlock user accounts Disables password expiration option Advanced password search algorithms Supports all versions of Windows, including Windows 7 Supports Windows (X64) Bootable CD/DVD or USB drive Large collection of IDE, SATA, SCSI, RAID drivers Discovers multiple operating systems installed on a computer Allows you to undo changes. Supports Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7. File Systems: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5.
Reset Windows 10 password via recovery mode
This method is a bit complicated, but does not require any additional programs. Works only with local accounts, not Windows Live accounts.
You will need a disk or flash drive with the installation image of Windows 10. You can find out how to get it in this article. Restart the computer, insert the media and boot from it. the key you need for this is usually displayed. Or try pressing F2, F8, F9, F11 or F12. Then proceed as follows:
- When the Windows 10 installer appears, press Shift F10. Or Shift Fn F10 on some laptops if the first combination does not work. This will open a command prompt.
- Type regedit and hit Enter.
- In the registry editor that comes up, select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder on the right. Then click File → Load Bunch.
- Open the path to the file C:Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM. Please note, that in recovery mode disk names can be confused, for example disk C is displayed as E. This is fine. You can find out which disk you have the Windows folder on by looking at their contents.
- The system will prompt you for a name for the registry hive. Enter any so it doesn’t match your existing ones, such as lifehacker. and press OK.
- Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder in the left pane, and under it you will find the Setup.
- Find the CmdLine parameter, double-click, and in the “Value” field, type cmd.exe. Click OK. Then, in another SetupType parameter (it is below), set the value to 2 and click OK again.
- Highlight your lifehacker folder in the panel on the left and click “File” → “Unload bush”.
- Close all windows and reboot your PC. Remove the flash drive, and let it run as usual.
- On reboot the system logo will not appear. This will open a command line instead. Enter net user name_user_new_password. and the password will be changed to the one you specified. If you want to remove the code altogether, write net user name “” (two quotation marks without spaces or other symbols). Press Enter.
- Type regedit and open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Setup section. In the CmdLine parameter, delete cmd.exe. SetupType in the SetupType setting.
- Reboot your computer. Then you can enter the system with a new password or without it at all.
Sometimes step 11 does not work because the registry editor does not have a cursor. If this is the case, just shut down your computer and turn it on again. Windows 10 will start up as usual. Open the Registry Editor through the Start Menu and change the CmdLine and SetupType to the usual values, as mentioned in step 11.
As you can see, everyone can get rid of Windows 10 password. So if you want to really protect your data, it’s better to use the encryption feature.
If you have forgotten or lost your Windows 10, Windows 8 1 or Windows 7 password, you can change or reset it. Select your version of Windows from the tab below to get started.
If you already know your current password and want to change it
Select Start Account Settings login options. In the Password area, select Change and follow the instructions.
If you have forgotten or lost the Windows 11 password for your local account and need to log back in to your device, below are options to help you get started. For more information about local and administrative accounts see. In Windows.
If you added security questions when setting up your local account for Windows 11, you can answer them to sign in again.
After entering the wrong password, follow these steps.
Select the Reset Password link on the login screen. If you use a PIN instead, see. Section Problems with logging in using a PIN. If you are using a working device on the network, the PIN reset option may not appear. In this case please contact your administrator.
Note: If the security questions do not appear on the screen after you select the Reset Password link, make sure that the device name is not the same as your local user account name (the name you see when you log on). To see the device name, right-click on Start, choose System and scroll to the Device Specifications section. If the device name is the same as your account name, you can create a new administrator account, log in as an administrator, and then rename your computer (you can also rename your device while viewing the device name).
Log in the usual way with the new password.
For full instructions on how to do this, please go to
Method two. using a password reset program.
To reset the password, you need to create a bootable USB stick and use it to remove the password.
Create a bootable USB flash drive (all data on the flash drive will be destroyed) by downloading the program and the image:
Unzip the contents and run the file rufus_v1.4.1
In the opened window of the program click the disc icon, choose the image in the unpacked folder named BootPass and click the start button.
Wait, when a bootable flash drive is created.
Now insert the password reset flash drive into the password-protected computer and select “boot from USB” when booting. (When you boot your computer, press F10. F12 Esc depending on your computer model)