What you can’t do without an Apple ID password
You shouldn’t keep your password in an accessible place, such as your notes or photos on your iPhone. If an intruder gains access to an unlocked phone, in a minute it will be unlinked from the Apple ID.
Store your passwords in applications with code or Touch ID locks, such as 1Password or VKarman.
Used iPhones: ask the previous owner to activate the iPhone
Quite often, instead of buying a new phone, some people choose to buy a phone from other people. In other words, buying a used phone is just as common as buying a new one. While this looks absolutely simple, it is also worrisome.
As with iDevices, such as the iPhone, a new user may not be able to access this used device. Usually, these devices are locked with a password that consists of 6-4 digits. New users can get directions and request a password key from the previous user. Once they get the password, they can easily unlock the iPhone or access to reset a new password for the lock screen.
So, when you ask the previous owner or seller for the Apple ID and password; the new user can get their account. In the event of a crash or if they have forgotten the Apple ID and password to activate the iPhone, the following steps in the section will also be absolutely helpful.
Finding the ID
If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, there’s still a way to remove the iPad activation lock. To do this, try to find the ID using the appropriate function on the site.
It’s best to enter as much information as possible to get results from your search.
The necessary ID will then be displayed.
You can use it to do other things, like try one of the reset methods described above. Or try your luck communicating with support via https://getsupport.Apple.com/ to try to regain access via it. In this case, various auxiliary data will help, such as: a card attached to the account, a receipt proving the purchase of the device, a phone number, and so on.
Restore via the official website
If you do not have enough information to restore the password: it is not possible to open the mail, the trusted phone is lost, etc. Restore your data through the official service of the developer. Use the instructions to do this.
- Open the official Apple ID website.
- Click on “Forgot your Apple ID or password?”.
- Fill out the form in as much detail as possible, and make a complete request.
- Click on the “Send” option.
- Open your email address, the details of which you left in the request.
Within several minutes, you will receive a reply from the developer that your request has been accepted, and an indication of the time needed for recovery.
Check your mailbox regularly during this time, you will receive step-by-step instructions with technical instructions on what to do. To get access to your account.
Information! If you have provided a contact phone number, information about how to restore your account. of the record can be dictated by the company’s operator
To speed up the recovery process, specify your bank card number in the request, if your bank card number is mentioned in the account services as a means of payment. Apple Support will send an authorization request to the bank that issued your credit (debit) card in this case.
Information! In 40% of cases, the automated banking system rejects authorization requests. You are recommended to call the bank personally and inform them about the possibility of data transfer using their service
How to find out the Apple ID on a locked iPhone
To protect yourself from such problems, you should clearly remember that Apple ID can be restored quite easily in three cases.
- If you used your ID to download games, music, etc., you may need to call your bank. Through iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime apps.
- Through your computer, you can find your Apple ID when your iPhone or iPad is locked or disabled.
- Developer Support will restore your ID if you have a receipt for the purchase of the gadget.
Let’s consider each case of recovering a forgotten Apple ID and answer the question of how to remember and never forget the recovered ID
Features of the Apple ID
When you register your account for the first time, your email that was used to bind your gadget will act as your login, i.e.е. That’s the Apple ID.
When you activate the device, the login is displayed in encrypted form. User does not see his full ID, you can see the whole set of data on PC, activated iPad and iPhone.
Reset your password
What to do if you have lost your password and are unable to recall it yourself? Trying to recover the Apd Id on iPhone. There are two ways to reset the key: via email or by answering the control questions. Both procedures are available on any platform, whether iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows PC.
Reset via email
First, let’s understand how to reset the password via email. The procedure is implemented according to a standard algorithm, it is almost impossible to get confused during the execution:
- Connect your mobile device to a network (Wi-Fi or 3G).
- Go to “iCloud” in your settings. Click on “Forgot Apple ID or Password?”.
- Include your Apple ID, which is the primary mailing address used to register your profile.
- Choose to recover your password via email.
You will receive an email with a guide to reset the security key. If you have a backup email in your profile settings, check it. there should be a similar message. If the email does not come, make sure you enter the email address correctly, and look in your spam folder-some services mistake auto-dispatch for junk mail by default.
Look for the “Reset Password” link in the email. Clicking on it will launch the browser with the reset page open. To regain access to all of Apple’s services, enter your new password twice and click the Reset button. Done, now you can download free apps again, make purchases and synchronize your device with iCloud.
By the way, notice who the email with the reset link comes from. The sender must be an Apple corporation with the address appleid@ID.Apple.com. If the message came from a different domain, or if you haven’t tried to reset the security key at all, don’t open the message or click on any links. this is a phishing attack aimed at gaining access to your device.
If you need to reset the passcode on your Mac, you’ll do the same thing: Click the “Forgot your password” link in Settings or iTunes?”, write an email and go to the security key reset page.
As noted, you can do a password reset on any platform. If you happen to have an Android smartphone or Windows PC at hand, you can reset the key by going to the management page in your browser to https://appleid.Apple.com/en/ and click on the familiar “Forgot your password” link?”Your Mac and follow the steps above to reset your security key.
Answers to test questions
If you can’t get into the email account that was used during registration, you can’t restore access via email. What to do in this case? Try to reset your Apple ID by answering the three control questions.
- Turn on Wi-Fi or mobile data transfer to access the internet.
- Open settings, under “iCloud,” click the Forgot password link?”.
- Provide your ID (your main email).
- Select “Answer to Checklist”.
The first question is a standard one. date of birth of the phone owner. If you set up your Apple ID yourself and entered real data, it’s easy to get the answer right.
Then you will be asked two questions that you specified when setting up your profile. If you answer them correctly, you’ll only have to write a new password twice to regain access to all Apple’s services. You will not need to do anything else, the old password is invalid, a new security key will be used for authorization in the future.
The easiest way
Naturally, it is best to find out your registration details directly from the company representative. To do this, just go to the official website of Apple and enter the necessary data in the request form. If you didn’t enter false information during registration, the methodology of how you can get Apple ID is pretty simple:
- Visit the official site.
- Go to the “My Apple ID” page.
- Find the “Find” item.
- Enter the requested data: first name, last name, email address, and so on. If you forgot the exact address, you may enter more than one (the system provides such an option). Use the email address you most often used for various registrations.
Then the system will propose to reset the access password. It’s not possible to find out your Apple ID password, but you can change it. Protection from intruders is simple: not only is it necessary to specify the date of birth of the owner of the ID, but also to go through additional authorization procedure. This can be either a confirmation from the email address provided in the registration data, or the answer to the security question you entered when you first created the ID.
If everything is done correctly, the user gets his Apple ID and a new password to it. The new password, of course, is better to change immediately for security purposes.
Recover Apple ID password
Apple ID with extended authentication can be restored and reset using any device connected to the account. If you can’t use a trusted gadget, you can use any Apple device.
Resume access on your iPhone
You can reset your password on any version of your device.
- Open Settings on your trusted device.
- Click on the line with the user’s nickname.
- Go to “Password and security” section.
- Click “Change Code” and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you experience difficulties it is recommended to check iCloud authorization and repeat the suggested steps
Resuming access on a Mac laptop
When working with a laptop, you should go to the Apple Settings section and perform the following manipulations:
- Go to “System Settings” and click on iCloud line.
- Go to Account Settings, go to Tools and click “Change Password.
- In the window that appears, enter the cipher used to unlock the computer and follow the system’s further instructions.
If iCloud is not authorized, click on “Forgot your passwords or Apple ID” and follow the onscreen instructions
Applying a recovery key on your Mac
On devices with the latest versions of the operating system, the extended authentication process creates a key that can be used to reset or create a new code. Use your Apple ID and cipher to know your password and get access again.
- Reboot your device.
- Click on desired account.
- Click on the question mark next to the code field and select the “Reset with recovery key” line.
- Enter the key in the suggested window and follow the system’s recommendations.
If you don’t have a key, you won’t be able to use it
Restore access with key on iPhone or iPad
You can regain access to the Apple ID on your iPhone only if you have a recovery key and a trusted gadget.
- Go to the Apple ID Accounts page and select “Forgotten your password.
- Enter your ID and go to Reset Code.
- Write the recovery key into the suggested field and select the necessary device.
- Enter the code that came to your gadget and continue the reset procedure.
If while performing the actions described above, the system offered to reset your phone number, enter the requested data, and follow the recommendations on the screen.
After removing the old code, you’ll need to log in with a new password on all devices.
Resuming access from a third-party Apple device
If the user doesn’t have access to trusted gadgets and can’t remember the code, any iPhone or iPad device will do to resume access.
- Open the “Find iPhone” app.
- Ensure that the “Apple ID” line is blank in the opening window. Erase all third-party data.
- Click on “Forgot ID or password” and follow the system’s instructions.
Please note! If the login window does not appear, log out of your activated account and follow the steps above
Restore your ID if you can’t reset it
If you are unable to restore access using the above methods:
- Go to “Manage your accounts” on the Apple website and click on “Forgot your Apple ID or password.
- Fill in the fields provided and go through the restore procedure.
- Wait until you are notified by email or cell phone and follow the instructions to complete the password recovery process.
The detailed instructions on the website will provide all the details on what to do and what data you need to enter. It may take several days from filing the request to the password recovery.
Resuming access using email
If the user doesn’t know how to remember the account password, you can resume access via email or through checklists. To do so:
- Open the Apple ID accounts page, click “Forgot your username or password” and enter your Apple ID information.
- Go to “Reset password” section.
- Choose how you want to regain access and follow the instructions.
Then you’ll be prompted to sign in with a new password.
Important! On all devices in use, you will need to update the password through the “Settings” menu
If “Find iPhone” is enabled on your device, you can remotely erase your device and restore it from a saved copy. This will reset your password too. To do so:
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Authorize using your Apple ID and password.
- Click “Find iPhone”.
- A map will appear on the screen with a dot indicating the location of your iPhone.
- Tap on this point and in the window that appears select “Erase iPhone”.
Your device will be reset to factory defaults. You can restore your data via iCloud or iTunes.