You can hide the statuses of certain contacts, and then they will no longer appear at the top of the Status tab.To hide contact status updates:
To block spam in WhatsApp on Android, launch the app and open the “Chats” section. Go to “Menu”, where we select “Settings”, then “Account”. Look for the “Privacy” line, press it, and you will get to the list of “Blocked contacts”. Here are all the accounts that have fallen under your merciless ban.
To ban a person on WhatsApp is possible in several ways. This feature is available on all platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone.
To block a user through a conversation with him or her, you must:
- Chat with the person you want to add to the blacklist.
- Go to Learn more (3 dots in the upper-right corner of the screen).
- Tap either or View Contact.
- Block the user in the menu that appears.
- Confirm the action.
You can also ban a contact from your contacts list. To do this you need to:
- In the section where all the dialogs are displayed, click on the button to create a new chat (green icon).
- Go to the Details section (the three dots in the top right corner).
- Click Contacts.
- After you select a user, go to Details.
- In the Detail section, select the action Lock contact.
How to Permanently Remove Blocked Contacts from WhatsApp on iPhone
To ban a caller who is on the contact list, you must:
- Go to settings (gear icon in the menu).
- Click on the line Account.
- Go to the Blocked section.
- Tap the words Add new.
- From the list of contacts that appears, select the friend you want to ban.
On iPhone you can block your interlocutor in the chat, just like on the Android-based smartphone. To do this, it follows:
- Go to dialog.
- Tap the caller’s name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the end of the menu and click on the Lock button.
- Confirm the blocking.
If you want, you can immediately delete the correspondence and complain about the user (for example, in a situation where spam messages come from this number).
WhatsApp support will look into the complaint and possibly restrict the subscriber’s access to the messenger.
On Windows Phone
From a Windows Phone, there’s only one way to block your conversation partner on WhatsApp, and that’s through a dialog.
Blocked WhatsApp contacts won’t know they’ve been banished. they won’t receive an angry notification or a threatening picture. You will not be able to exchange messages (or rather, the person you are talking to will not be able to read them). The same situation will occur with calls. But then, of course, by a number of indirect signs your friend will suspect something is wrong.
How to see a blocked contact on iPhone
Contacts added to the blacklist don’t disappear from your iPhone. They continue to remain in the messenger memory, but do not appear in the general list. That is, the blocked number is hidden among other contacts, so that its avatar does not bother the user.
If you have carefully read the previous section of the material, you probably already know where the list of blocked numbers is displayed in WhatsApp. Otherwise, we recommend referring to the following instructions:
- Open the messenger app.
- Go to “Settings” menu.
- Go to “Account” and then step by step to “Privacy” and “Blocked.
It’s in the “Blocked” menu item that all the numbers that have ever been added to the blacklist are displayed. To open a user’s profile, just click on his name.
Blocking a contact on Windows Phone
There is a vast class of smartphones that have Windows Phone installed as the operating system. Even if you are using Nokia Lumia with the increasingly popular Amber update, you will have to act according to the scheme described above. To begin, you will need to run the context menu and move to the call log. With a long tap, mark the unwanted call. An additional menu will open where you will be interested in the option Block number. The caller is blacklisted on WhatsApp, his calls are automatically reset.
We recommend installing Spam filter is a special program that allows you to operate with numbers that are listed in an ES. See the list of banned contacts, disable the blocking if needed, and view the history of calls and text messages.
WhatsApp allows you to set up individual alerts for each group of contacts (completely disabling audio notification of all events) or for each individual contact.
If a WhatsApp user doesn’t want to be bothered by audio alerts about calls coming through the app, they can disable audio alerts. You need to perform 7 steps:
- Launch the application.
- Click on the “3 dots” icon located in the top corner to the right of the search icon.
- Select “Settings” button at the bottom of the menu that appears after the previous step.
- In the window that appears, click on “Notifications”.
- Scroll to the end of the page that opens and press the “Ringing tone” button under the “Calls” heading.
- In the window that pops up, click on “Media storage.
- In the appeared list of available signals select the “No sound” position.
If you want to disable the beeper that notifies you about calls and messages from one subscriber or group, you need to:
- Go to the chat room you want to disable notifications;
- Press the “Menu” icon;
- In the drop-down tab, select “Mute”;
- In the window that pops up, select the desired duration of mute from the options offered by the application.
You can disable the incoming call beep in Votsap on iPhone using the same procedure as on Android:
- From the menu of your profile you need to go to “Settings” section.
- Open “Notifications”.
- Press the “Sound” button located in the “WhatsApp Call” section.
- Select the “Mute” option.
How to Block WhatsApp Call on iPhone | How to Block WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone.
To ignore an individual contact, you need to disable the sound in the dialogue menu with it.
How to view blocked contacts in WhatsApp
If you mistakenly blacklisted someone by mistake and now want to fix it, you just need to know how to see blocked contacts in WhatsApp. It’s very easy to do, and the procedure is similar for all platforms.
- Go to “Settings”
- Select the section “Account” or “Account”.
- Then go to the privacy settings and look for the “Blocked” section.
- Going into this section you will see everyone you have previously blocked and can immediately remove them from this list.
You can get the exact answer to this question by looking at a friend’s phone with WhatsApp installed. You can see the contacted and inactive numbers.
When deleting a locked user, he may notice the following changes:
- Stop updating contacts’ activity data. Status stays the same, so person cannot understand if user is in the system.
- Stop updating photos. Even if the image is updated, the blocked user does not see it.
- Unable to deliver messages sent to chat. They are displayed as sent, but two blue ticks do not appear under them.
- Disappearance of voice and video call functions.
How to block contacts and complain about them
To stop receiving messages, calls and status updates from certain contacts, you can block them. You can also report them if you think they are sending you questionable content or spam.
How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
To block a contact:
- Open WhatsApp Settings Account Privacy Privacy Blocked Add New
- Select the contact you want to block from the list and click on it.
There are also several alternative ways to block a contact:
- Open a chat with a contact and click on his/her name and click on Block or complain about him/her (in this case the contact will be blocked and a complaint will be sent to him/her).
- In the Chats tab, swipe to the left on the chat with the contact you want to block, then click Contact Data to Block Block or Complain Contact to Complain and Block (in this case, the contact will be blocked and a complaint will be sent to them).
To block an unknown number:
There are two ways to block an unknown phone number:
- If this is the first time you’ve been contacted from this number, open a chat with that number and click Block Block.
- Open a chat with an unknown number, then tap on the number Block the contact Block or Complain about the contact Complain and block (in this case the number will be blocked and a complaint will be sent to it).
- Blocked contacts will no longer be able to call you or send you messages.
- The time of your last visit, “online” status, status updates, and changes to your profile picture won’t be visible to contacts you’ve blocked.
- Blocking a contact does not remove them from your phone’s address book, and it does not remove your number from that contact’s address book. To delete a contact, you need to delete them from your phone’s address book.
- If you’re concerned about whether this contact will know you’ve blocked them, read this article.
To unlock a contact:
- Tap Settings Account Privacy Blocked.
- Swipe the contact’s name to the left.
- You can also click Edit red minus sign.
- Press Unlock.
There are also other ways to unlock a contact:
- Open a chat with the contact, click on their name Unblock.
- On the Chats tab, swipe to the left on the chat with the contact, tap Contact Data Unblock.
Note. If you unblock a contact, you won’t get the messages, calls, or status updates that that contact sent you while you were blocked.
To complain about the contact:
- Open a chat with the user you want to complain about.
- Swipe the contact’s name, then tap Complain about the contact.
- Press Report and Block.
Note. WhatsApp will retrieve the last five messages sent to you by the user or group that the complaint was sent to. They won’t be notified. WhatsApp will also receive the identifier of the group or user who received the complaint, information about when the message was sent, and the type of message sent (image, video, text, etc.). д.).