Change the source code of the page
Right away I want to explain why you may need to change the source code of the page. Naturally, showing off takes the lead. Many people like to measure their pigs. Or just fake a correspondence or something like that for a laugh. Many have seen the jokes about support agents, so here I will teach you how to forge such correspondence yourself. Probably not very clear what I’m getting at all, so it’s better to show by example and in screenshots, to make it more understandable.
AutoCount Tips #How to change item code
How to change the text of the message via the code of the element?
Before giving step-by-step instructions, it is important to mention one peculiarity of such a change. It will not be permanent. That is, after refreshing the page, all changes will disappear, because we are not sending information to VK servers, but change it at the cache level of the browser.
How to change a message in VK through the element code:
- Open the desired message.
- Click on it with the second button of your mouse and select “Explore item” (“View code” in Google Chrome).
- If you clicked exactly on the text of the message, the code will be expanded in the right place. We only need to find the text itself.
- Next, you need to click on it twice so that you can change it.
- Delete the old text and write a new one.
- Press Enter.
After you have done this the LS will change, and you can safely take a screenshot. But if you refresh the page, the changes will disappear. you can do this only on a PC or laptop.
How to change the html code
This post will show you how you can change the code of a page in the Google Chrome browser. In other browsers it is done in the same way. I do not think there will be any problem with it.
You do not need to know HTML and CSS to change the source code of a page. You will see it later.
Editing html code in the browser
We will change the data on the site. Only we will be able to see the changes. When you refresh the page, they will disappear.
Open in your browser the page of the site where you want to change the code. You can do it
do the following directly on the page of the site. Right-click on the code. After that a piece of code will appear on the right side of the window. Which we will edit.
In the context menu press Edit as HTML and you will see the selected code.
If you edit this way, you will see the result.
At the top of the image marked with a red frame is the HTML code, which is in the header of the site. Which style we will change.
At the bottom, the red arrow shows the style.css:473. Found in Console AppearanceTheme EditorTheme File Style.css line 473. How you can use it?
You can use these changes as follows. Copy it into Notepad with an html extension. If this is your site, then make changes to the files on the web server.
Or you can do it in the Console of the site admin panel. In the File Theme Editor.
By changing the HTML code, we can change the opened web page as we wish. Knowing how to change the source code of a page is a great skill for the advanced Internet user.
The changes made to the page code will remain as follows. Until we refresh the page. This will return to the initial state.
Editing CSS in the built-in editor
You know CSS can edit and preview the changes in the built-in CSS editor.
This is done by entering the console of the admin panel. When you hover your cursor over Appearance, a menu pops up where you click on Edit CSS
The window on the left side will open for editing.
Click on Advanced Styles and the box to load the CSS code.
Copy and paste the CSS code to apply the changes in the above field.
After loading edit the code and see the result, if everything is ok. We press the Publish button. All changes in the site design will be the same as in the preview.
If you are not ready to publish the changes you made. Click on the gear icon. Additional window will open
where we can make a Save note. Changes will be saved and can be shared. With the changes made, without publishing. This will remain as a draft.
You can also schedule the changes you make to be published by time. Day, Month, Year and Time can be set as you like.
Then we can see the full history of our changes. This is very handy in the history reflected changes to the data before and after.
Or we can just undo changes. by clicking on the trash can icon.
- Use google chrome.
- press ctrl shift i.
- click the items tab
- right-click on the html you want to edit and choose “edit as html,” or double-click on the text you want to edit in this tab
To edit the pages of the site, go to the admin panel and click on “Pages” in the menu on the left. In front of you will open a list of pages that fill your site. Select the page you want to edit and click Edit.
- Open your browser.
- Go to the page you want to download.
- Click on the browser menu or click on the screen.
- Select the Save Page As function and specify the type for the file you want to save Web page in full.
- Highlight the text you want to change the color of.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click the arrow next to Font Color, and then select a color. For quick text formatting you can use the mini toolbar with formatting options.
Ctrl-Shift I key combination or right mouse button → “View code” is a convenient command to view not the whole source code of the page at once, but code of separate elements on the page.
- Open the site in the classic version of Google Sites on your computer.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the “more actions” icon Manage your site.
- From the menu on the left choose Themes, Colors, and Fonts.
- Change the background and click Save at the top of the page.
Press ctrl F (in Notepad with the index file open in it). html). In the window that appears, go to the “replace” tab (there is a small button at the very top of the window that pops up, click on it).
- Highlight the text whose color you want to change.
- On the Home tab, in the Font group, click on the arrow next to Font Color, and then select a color. For quick text formatting, you can use the mini toolbar with formatting options.
To open the source code of a page in Google Chrome, right-click on the context menu and click on “View Page Code”. Option Command U.
- Open in your browser the page where you want to change the code.
- Press F12.
- This will open a window with the code of the page.
- Find a piece of code on the left side of the window that you want to change.
- Right-click on the found piece of code and select Edit As HTML in the menu that opens.
How to open the source code of a page in your browser
There are two ways to open the source code of a web page in a browser:
Ctrl U is a keyboard shortcut for viewing the source code of an entire website page in a separate new window. Standard for all browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Yandex browser, IE.
You can also enter the developer tools as follows:
- Call the context menu by right-clicking in any part of the website page where you need to view the HTML, CSS code;
- Press the View page code item in the context menu, as shown in the screenshot below. (Screenshot taken in Google Chrome. In some other browsers the menu item will be slightly different. For example, in Opera there will be Source code of the page)
Viewing the code of a web page in a browser
How to open the source code of a website page
In order to quickly find the desired code, word or text on a page you can use the search hotkeys, which are standard for all browsers: Ctrl G.