To recognize that the back window of your iPhone has been changed, you just need to look closely at a few things.
Note the connection of the glass to the case around the glass is a thin plastic trim. The joint should be smooth and without gaps. Check it with your finger, you should not feel any steps, and even more so, any traces of glue.
Also look at the fit of the camera eye to the glass, it must adhere to the entire plane, and the camera should not be a single speck of dust.
What the original glass looks like and how to tell the difference
Take a look at the lettering on the back of your iPhone.
Let’s warn you right away: they come in two kinds with recycling icons and certificates (trashcan and CE icon) and without, t.к. you might just have the iPhone written on it!
Look closely at the fonts edges should be clear and smooth. The original lettering is thin and very flat! You should have no questions about quality.
A Chinese copy has an aged font with jagged edges.
Below are two examples of the original and a Chinese copy of the glass:
How to check your iPhone for authenticity
Below we’ll look at a few ways to make sure that what you’re looking at is not a cheap knockoff, but an original. To be sure, when examining the gadget, try to use not just one method described below, but all at once.
At the production stage every iPhone is assigned a unique IMEI identifier, which is programmed into the phone, printed on its case and also written on the box.
When checking iPhone for authenticity, make sure the IMEI matches both in the menu and on the case. If the IMEI does not match, it means that either the device has been modified but the seller didn’t say anything about it, for example the body has been replaced, or it is not an iPhone at all.
In addition to the IMEI, each Apple-device has its own unique serial number, which you can use to check its authenticity at the official Apple website.
Knowing the IMEI of the device, when checking the phone for originality, it is definitely worth using the online IMEI service.info, which can provide a lot of interesting information about your gadget.
Go to online IMEI service.info at. A window will pop up asking you to enter your device’s IMEI, and then confirm that you are not a robot to continue.
Be sure to check the appearance of the device and its box, no Chinese characters (unless the iPhone was purchased in China), there should be no errors in the spelling of words.
On the back of the box look at the specifications of the device they should match exactly what your iPhone has (you can compare the specifications of the phone itself through the Settings General About this device).
Fake vs Real iPhone 6!
Of course, there should be no antennae for your TV and other irrelevant parts. If you have never before seen what a real iPhone looks like, it is better to take time to go to any store that distributes Apple equipment and carefully study the exhibition sample.
As the software on Apple smartphones is used the iOS operating system, while the vast majority of fakes run Android with a shell, extremely similar to the apple system.
It is easy to tell if your iPhone is a fake: the apps downloaded from the App Store is done with the original iPhone, while fakes use the Google Play Store (or an alternative app store). The App Store for iOS 11 should look like this
To make sure you have your iPhone in front of you, follow the link below to the WhatsApp app download page. Do it from the standard Safari browser (this is important). Normally, the phone will prompt you to open the app in the App Store, after which it can be downloaded from the store.
These are the main ways to determine if you have a real iPhone in front of you or not. But perhaps the most important factor is price: an original working device with no major damage can’t be much lower than market price, even if the seller justifies it by the fact that he needs the money in a hurry.
In addition to this article, there are 12708 other instructions on the site. Add the Lumpics site.bookmark (CTRLD) and we will definitely still be of use to you.
Thank the author by sharing this article on social networks.
How to Test Your iPhone Before Buying?
Online stores offer the iPhone much cheaper than the original ones. However, such a purchase involves certain risks.
How to properly check iPhone and what problems you may encounter when buying a phone over the Internet?
First of all make sure that such an inspection is possible. To do this, carefully read the terms of delivery and warranty. Do not hesitate to ask the manager for more details.
We will tell you in more detail how to check the iPhone for originality and performance, as well as what you should pay attention to when buying:
- It is necessary to carefully check the iPhone externally. There should be no dents, scratches, chips, cracks or other damages on the body and screen. iPhone screen protectors should fit snugly (no “bubbles” underneath). Pay attention that the box was not opened before you. If you see signs of tampering it is worth wondering why it has been opened before you and not bought the iPhone.
- It is also necessary to check the completeness of the iPhone. Perhaps will be lying charging adapter is not under the European sockets, in this case the seller can replace them. Or give you an adapter as a gift.
- To make sure you are buying an authentic device, it is worth checking your iPhone on the official Apple website (https://checkcoverage).Apple.com/en/ru). For this you need to know the serial number of your iPhone, as well as its IMEI number. The required information is usually found on the iPhone itself and on the packaging box. It’s easy to check iPhone IMEI on Apple’s site. You’ll find out if your iPhone is listed in the company’s database, its model, color and date of manufacture. It is also useful to check the iPhone by IMEI, if you use it as a second-hand phone, or if it is a phone taken from the showroom window.
- Make sure that the online store does not sell you a REF (a refurbished, repaired or returned to the seller for other reasons) iPhone for the price of a new one. To do this, check that the serial numbers as well as the IMEI numbers on the iPhone case, on the SIM card tray and on the box are the same. Another sign of a refurbished iPhone is a white package without a picture with the words “Apple Certified Refurbished” or “Apple Certified Pre-Owned.Also you can check it via the official site by IMEI. A refurbished iPhone will be activated before you and will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Rostest and Eurotest certified iPhones are most commonly sold in Russia. iPhones “Rostest”. These are officially imported into the country and adapted to its mobile networks, “white” devices with a full warranty and service. “Eurotest” gray phones are much cheaper, but may be tied to one carrier, unserviceable in and out of warranty. The choice is yours. To distinguish one from the other, pay attention to packaging and documentation. If the abbreviations “PCT” or “EAC” are present. it’s “Rostest.”.
- Pay attention to the attached documents. Together with the box must be present. the instruction manual, cash voucher, receipt (coupon) for purchase and letter of guarantee for the right of service. The documents must be certified by an official Apple dealer. These should contain a description of the phone (model, serial number), purchase date, price, number of the receipt or invoice, and contacts for contacting the dealer.
How to check the iPhone before buying a second-hand
It is more difficult if you are buying an iPhone from a hand. Such a purchase requires a more careful approach and additional checks. To be sure of your purchase, to fully protect yourself from the possibility of fraud and to correctly check the purchased iPhone, you will need the following:
- You should check the appearance of your iPhone, check for dents, chips, cracks and other damages. As a rule, it is better not to buy an iPhone with major mechanical damage. Phone will stop working after another shock. In this case the repair can cost a pretty penny.
- The most reliable way to check your iPhone is to use the serial number on Apple’s official website (https://support).Apple.com/en-ru/HT201296). Here you can check all the necessary information about the model of iPhone, color and date of issue.
- iPhone box is always a plus for the seller. But even here you need to be careful. Check iPhone by IMEI and serial number again. They must be the same as on the iPhone packaging. If that is not the case and the previous iPhone owner was silent about it, he may be hiding something.
- It’s not superfluous to check your iPhone at www.chipmunk.nl, IMEI.info or iphoneimei.info. Using the IMEI number here you can check such valuable information about your iPhone as the model, color, date of manufacture, expiration date, and also check if the phone is listed as stolen or wanted by its former owner.
- There are 3 categories of purchased devices iPhone: 1) compatible with SIM-cards of any operators without additional settings. “unlocked” or Neverlock; 2) iPhone, tied to a particular mobile operator and requiring additional settings to work with other GSM networks. “locked” or Lock; 3) iPhone, reprogrammed to no restrictions on the network. “unlocked” or Softunlock. We recommend buying only Neverlock category iPhones. With the rest you usually have problems. Check the “locked” iPhone by the presence of the circuit in the tray for the SIM-card, as well as by how easily the iPhone will catch the network with your SIM-card and whether it will require additional settings.
- Next, check that your iPhone works properly: 1) The buttons and switches should not jam, stick and respond slowly; 2) The Home button and the TouchID function combined with it should work by light, effortless pressure; 3) There should be no debris behind the camera lens, the photos should be clear and sharp; 4) The iPhone screen should not contain “broken” pixels, the image should be bright and focused; 5) The sensor should respond quickly and easily to touch, icons should easily follow your finger; 6) The headset jacks, charging jacks and data cable should not be loose, should provide a strong connection; 7) The battery should withstand the test work in a conversation mode, watching video over the Internet using Wi-Fi for several minutes with the maximum charge level decrease not more than 1-3.
- Notice the phone’s screen. Ideally if it is still genuine, not repaired or replaced with a copy.
- Check how your iPhone is charging. It should charge quickly and not be warm at this time.
- You need to check the frequently used applications. GPS navigation, text editors, media players, etc.д.
- Be sure to require the seller to disconnect the iPhone from the account and reset the previous settings. You can check the iPhone’s connection to iCloud at iCloud.com with a serial number or IMEI number.
We wish you a successful purchase and only positive emotions from using Apple devices!
How to check iPhone via IMEI
IMEI is a unique 15-digit numeric code, which is assigned to your Apple device (like any mobile device) at the production stage. This code is unique for each gadget and you can find it out in different ways, already discussed on our site.
Informative online service IMEIpro.info will allow you to instantly check the device’s I.M.E.
Another online service for viewing IMEI information.
Following the parsing of online services for checking IMEI, let’s talk about IMEI24.com.
The final online service in this review which gives you information about your phone based on specified IMEI number.
Go to the iPhoneIMEI web service page.info. In the opened window, enter 15-digit code in the “Enter iPhone IMEI Number” field. On the right side click on the arrow icon.
If you are going to buy a second-hand phone or through an online store, bookmark any of the online services mentioned in this article in order to quickly check your potential purchase and not to make a wrong choice.
In addition to this article, there are 12708 other instructions on the site. Add Lumpics site.We will definitely still be useful for you.
Thank the author by sharing this article on social networks.
What you need to know about the iPhone?
It is this brand, among other smartphone companies, that fraudsters like to counterfeit. It is known that the lion’s share of the cost the buyer pays for the brand, since the cost of the gadget, in fact, is much lower. That’s what the creators of fakes use. they put in cheap, non-original parts (bodies, screens, buttons, jacks for charging and headphones, etc.).д.) and get a lot of money for their dishonest work. Therefore, as was said before, it is better to buy the iPhone at official dealers.
Such places include communication salons, registered resellers, stores of technology and electronics, trusted online stores with reviews.
The most popular way to save on the original price is to buy a used iPhone by posting on Avito or YouTube, which has minor flaws (scratches, a battered screen, maybe some minor defects).
Another case. the dealers take a commission for transporting goods from the seller to their own store, so they inflate the price by 20-30% of what Apple sells. Accordingly, users sometimes do not want to pay this difference and try to order the gadget from the United States themselves.
The chance to run into a cheater increases many times, and you are likely to get a locked gadget. The fact is that in the U.S., they produce iPhones that work only with U.S. carriers. For the rest of the countries unlocked phones are sold. It is pretty easy to check if your iPhone is locked. just insert your SIM card and try making a call. If there is a network, it means that everything is fine. America also offers gadgets that have been unlocked (mostly remanufactured devices turned in by someone to a store under warranty due to substandard specifications).
This is what you need to check:
No special equipment or special skills are needed to check. You have to be careful. It is easy to tell a fake from certain nuances. First of all, you need to understand that the signs are different for most iPhone models. We’ll talk about one and then the other.
When inspecting the case we look at the back. It often happens that it burns out and changes color in places, especially when the phone was worn in the case and in the area of the notch, for example, where the camera remains burned out trace. This indicates that the case is not original. Then carefully inspect the apple on the back cover.
Another major distinguishing feature of the original apple must be recessed inside, to have a kind of cutout with a recess. If there is no cutout and it is just glued on top of the case, then it is a copy. How to check practically?
Using your fingernail, run your fingernail along the outside of the case around the Apple Apple, it is located at the beginning of the outline, so the Apple is glued on top of the case. Slide your finger inside the apple, if it clings to the edges it indicates that it is sunk. So it’s the original.
First of all pay attention to brightness. Ideal if you already have the same model iPhone orig. In that case you can absolutely see the difference when you compare it. Non-original display colors are cooler and sharper, less bright.
Try going out in the sun and look at the display in direct sunlight. Even in this situation the image will be visible in the original. When the sun shines on the copy it is hard to see anything, you can barely see the image.
Why? Because the screen is made from the cheapest materials. Look at the thickness of the screen on the side. It should not protrude from the body, but rather merge with it, no sharp edges and thickening. Everything must be organic.
Press the screen perimeter lightly with your fingers; there should be no play or gap between the case and the display.
In the original iPhone all of these features must work for sure. If they are not present or for example you want to buy a phone and the seller says it is the original, but the features do not work for some reason. You can not believe it. 90% of iPhone knockoffs do not have Touch ID, Face ID.
What is True Tone? This function allows you to automatically adjust the screen to the ambient light. Only available on models from iPhone 8 and above. Gives you more comfort for your eyes.
How can we use this feature to determine the originality? They don’t install it in fakes. It is also extremely rare in those phones which have been repaired. You can check it by.
Open the menu with the brightness setting, then click on the brightness level icon and we should see three icons in front of us. Dark Night Shift Ttue Tone. If there are two, then there is no True Tone.
In these models, pay attention to the display and the True tone function. See screen thickness and brightness. Pay attention to the black border of the display, it should run evenly around the perimeter. If it is thicker at the bottom, it is not original.
How to Test an Apple Device
Buying Apple products on the Internet you must be sure that you are buying exactly the original new device with an official warranty.
We advise you to check the serial number on the manufacturer’s official website before buying a product. This procedure allows you to make sure that the customer is buying a new and original device. And also after the activation of the device. To see the date of warranty expiration.
serial number S/N or IMEI (for devices that work with SIM-cards). is individual for each device. You can find it on the original packaging, on the case of the device, as well as opening a special section on the device in the menu: Settings General About This Device. For devices with cellular support. The serial number can also be found on the SIM card tray. Serial number must match in all cases for the same device.
On models: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus. You can find the S/N serial number in the Settings app, and the IMEI number in the SIM card tray.
On models: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5. You can find the S/N serial number in Settings, and the IMEI/MEID (MEID is the first 14 digits of the IMEI number) on the back of your iPad.
The S/N serial number for iPad Pro, iPad, and iPod touch devices can be found on the back. On cellular-enabled iPad models you can also find the IMEI number in Settings.
Airpods headphones and charging case have the same serial number. The serial number for the Airpods is on the inside of the cover. If the Airpods headphones are connected to the iOS device, the serial number can also be viewed in Settings, General About This Airpods Device menu.
Detailed video guide
On Apple’s website there is a section called “Checking the right to service and support,” where you can quickly and effortlessly check if the iPhone that you purchased has not been used before. All the user needs to know to work with the service is the serial number of the device. For activated gadgets, this number can be found in “Settings”, under “Basic”, menu item “About this device”. If your smartphone greets you with a welcome screen, you can find its serial number by pressing the “i” button in the lower right corner.
You can also find the iPhone serial number on a label on the back of the original box.
So, to test your iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Go to “Check eligibility for service and support” on the Apple website.
2. Enter the serial number of your iPhone into the appropriate field (to find out the serial number), then enter the code shown on the picture and press Continue.
The iPhone serial number NEVER contains the letter “O” (it uses the number “0”).
3. If when you check a supposedly new iPhone (or officially refurbished (refurbished) by Apple) the message “Activate your device” appears, it really confirms that the smartphone has no history and is really new.
After activation, the Right to Service and Support service will display (perhaps not immediately, but within a day) the estimated end date of the Right to Service and Repair, which is determined by adding 365 days to the day of activation. In other words, to find out the date of first activation, subtract exactly 1 year from the estimated date.
NOTE: The data on Apple’s server may not change immediately, usually between 1 minute and 12 hours.
Checking the iPhone when buying from hand
To save money people often buy phones from hand, but this process has many pitfalls. Sellers often deceive their customers, passing off, for example, an old iPhone model as a newer one, or hiding various defects in the device. Therefore, it is important to carefully check the smartphone before buying it, even if at first glance it is stable and looks good.