Why the Smart TV doesn’t have enough memory?
The main reason of frequent cache overflow is a limited functionality of browsers, which are installed on Smart-TV. To play any information the program first downloads it to internal memory, only after that you can watch a film or play an audio recording. Periodically, the cache is cleared automatically, but the device may not do it fast enough. As a result, the video may, for example, be downloaded up to half, after which the viewing will be interrupted, and the screen will show a message about the lack of free space in the browser cache. In this case, you have to clean it manually, and then continue watching. When cleaning, you need to take into account some peculiarities of the TV memory functioning:
- If there is not enough memory, the application can close several times, and after each new start the information begins to be downloaded again.
- The error will not appear on the screen if the information is downloaded slowly, and the cache has time to clear in the automatic mode.
- The internal memory of the browser cannot be increased by installing any external media, be it a hard drive or a flash drive.
- There is no need to clear the cache if you only use the TV to watch TV programs and not to access the Internet.
- Memory problems have nothing to do with content, they can occur when you view any Internet pages and media files.
How to clear the browser cache on your LG TV or other TV model? To solve the problem as efficiently as possible, you can install a newer version of the software. it may have more built-in memory. One more variant. to return the settings to the factory variant.
- Press “Menu” or “MENU/123” on the remote control;
- Go to the “Settings” tab;
- Open the tab “Support”, then. “Self-diagnosis”;
- Click “Reset”;
- Enter PIN-code, press “Yes”;
- Wait for the receiver to reboot.
- Press “Home” button on the remote control, the “Smart Hub” menu will open.
- Select the “Applications” sign at the bottom (in the form of a figure consisting of 4 small squares).
- Open the section with installed programs, select the item “Settings” (the icon in the form of a gear);
- Highlight the widget to be deleted.
- Go to the menu of the main screen saver. For this purpose, on the remote control press the “Settings” or “Settings” button.
- You will need to find the “Applications” item in the list that appears.
- Then click on the program to be deleted, opening its menu, and select the item “delete”.
- Use the “Smart” button on the remote control to bring the TV to the main Smart-mode menu.
- Launch the browser and switch to the settings mode by clicking the button to the right.
- Select “Clear cache” in the menu to delete all saved
- Switch your TV to “Smart-TV” mode by pressing the “Smart” button on the remote control.
- Launch your Internet browser. In the upper right corner select “Settings”.
- In the window that appears, select the “Clear cache” item. Confirm by pressing “OK” (“Done”).
- Connect the external storage device to one of the USB connections on your TV.
- Enter the system settings and find the “Storage and Recovery” menu here
- In this menu go to “Removable storage” and open the connected external memory.
How to clear the cache on your Samsung TV
In this article I’ll tell you how to clear the memory on Samsung, LG and other Smart TVs. In this video I will tell you how to clear the TV memory, what to do if the apps don’t work or don’t load, and what to do if your Smart hangs. Let’s look at the most popular solutions.
Let’s start with the LG TV. The first and easiest thing to do, suitable for Samsung and LG TVs, also works on other TVs with Smart TV function, is to clear the memory. Simply unplug the TV and the router from the socket. Unplugging both the TV and the router for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, plug in the router and TV. The problem should go away, if not, repeat the steps again.
LG televisions often have problems with redirection, that is, when you, say, use Forkplayer and instead of tvigle you load not Forkplayer, but the program itself tvigle, it means that the DNS does not work. Unplugging the TV and the router again. If the problem persists. After entering the tvigle app, press the Exit button on the remote (if you have a newer remote like mine, press the back button for 3 seconds), exit the app, then reopen it, should work. If this method does not work for you.
It is necessary to enter the settings of the DNS and put a tick next to the DNS automatically, then return to the default DNS. To do this, go into the TV settings. You should have a gear button on the remote, if you have an old remote, it just says set. On the left there are all the settings of the TV, use the arrows down and look for the network and go to the section. My TV is connected with an Ethernet cable. You can determine this by the inscription “Connected to the Internet”. You may be connected via WI-FI, the setting is no different. Depending on how your TV is connected, choose a wired or wireless connection, I choose a wired connection. Go to the section, and go down to the bottom, look for the edit button and press the “ok” button on the remote control. Check the box “automatic”, then remove it and reinsert the address of the DNS Server in the field and then, you can use Forkplayer back. LG in principle has less problems in this regard. That is, it is simple, either turn off from the outlet, or press exit on the remote (if you have a new remote, like me, press the back button for 3 seconds)
Let’s move on to Samsung TVs. For Samsungs, everything is basically the same. Unplug the TV and the router for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes we plug in the router and the TV. The second problem you may encounter. When you click on an application and it freezes at some point and does not load further. As a rule, all hangs because of the Internet. Take the remote control and press the exit button, if you have a smart remote control, press the back button and hold for 3 seconds. The application will close, the TV will clear the memory, forget about the problem and you can re-enter the application, everything should work.
If you have LG and Samsung and none of the methods helped you, the last option is a factory reset. Usually the first two methods help. Please note again if you unplug from the power outlet. Then turn off not only the TV, but the TV and the router together for 2 minutes. This is the most popular way and it often helps to clear memory and solve all the problems that are associated with smartphone when it hangs and when applications do not work.
To sum up. The most popular 3 ways to solve the problem: Unplug the router and the TV, press exit on the remote (if you have a new remote, press the back button for 3 seconds). And in extreme cases, it is of course a factory reset. Usually the first two methods help.
If you still have questions, write them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below the video. If you still have not installed Forkplayer on your LG and Samsung TV, the link was left in the description under the video with detailed instructions. That’s all for now, see you in future episodes.
Video. How to clear memory in Smart TV? What to do if your Smart TV hangs? Application doesn’t work in Smart TV?
Video. How to connect your TV to the internet with a LAN cable and Wi-Fi
Video. How to connect your iPhone/iPad to your TV? WITHOUT Apple TV and APPs
How to clear cache and cookies on Samsung Smart TV | How to Clear App Cache and Cookies
How to clear cache on your Samsung TV
In this video tutorial, I will explain in detail how to clear the cache on your Samsung TV. Clearing Samsung Smart hub cache is easy and simple. Here are 2 ways you can clear the cache on your Samsung TV. The same instruction will help if your TV is working slowly. I will tell you how to reset your Samsung Smart Hub.
On Samsung Smart TVs there is a problem when you are watching videos through the Internet browser, which is built into the Smart TV, after 10 minutes of watching movies or TV series, you can see the message “The browser was unexpectedly closed. Retrieve the last web page?You reload the page, turn on the film again and after 10 minutes you get the same error. The whole problem is a lack of memory on the TV. This method is used by people who for some reason did not manage to install ForkPlayer. And they have to use the browser to watch movies. Today, I will tell you two ways how to clear the cache of your Samsung TV.
As a rule, most applications, such as: Megogo, Ivi, okko all pay, and therefore most of us, watch movies through your Internet browser for free. But if you watch a movie with your browser, it may take a while to load, and then it may crash because the cache memory is overloaded, and that causes all kinds of crashes and errors. Also because of the overflowing cache in the browser, the TV works slowly. You often write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев that the TV has become slower to work, this is the main problem of slow TV. So, no matter what TV you have for 10 thousand or 50 thousand, it will be on any TV. All the producers want you to buy a subscription and watch movies for a fee, not for free through your browser.
In order to clear the cache memory, enter the Smart hub, pressing “home” button on the remote control. Using the left or right arrow keys, find the browser called Internet, and using the enter button, go to the browser. The browser is opened. We have a cursor in the form of an arrow on the screen. Cursor control with the arrows on the remote control, such an imitation of a mouse. Using the up arrow, move to the upper right corner of the screen to the icon “three horizontal lines”, you will see the “Internet Menu”. Using the Enter button on the remote control, go to the menu. An additional menu has appeared, using the down arrow we drop down to “Settings” and press the enter button on the remote. We went to the browser settings. Then, with the left arrow on the remote, go to the left menu. Using the arrows go to the item “privacy and protection” and press the input button on the remote control. We are in the “privacy and security” section. Now with the down arrow down to “delete browsing data”. This section deletes all browsing data, cookies and cache. We go down to the “delete browsing data” button and press enter on the remote. The browser will warn us if we really want to delete all the data and cookies. With the left arrow, go to the delete button and press the enter button on the remote. The “browsing data deleted” notification appears on the screen. We’ve deleted all the browsing data, cleared the cache and cookies. Now you can enjoy watching your favorite movies in the browser. I recommend that you clean the cache from time to time, to avoid errors.
Consider the second way to clear the cache. Press “home” button on the remote control and enter Smart hub menu. Then use the arrows to go to “Settings”, using the enter button, go into them. Opened the menu “settings”. Go to “Support” section with the down arrow and press enter button on the remote control, then select “Self-diagnostic” from the list and press enter button on the remote control. There are two items on the list: Reset Smart hub and reset (reset button, this is a factory reset). But reset, I do not recommend doing it until you figure out what kind of TV you have. Gray or official. If the TV is official, do the reset, there will be no problem. If the TV is gray, and you do a reset, the TV will lock (not the TV itself, but it will not work Smart hub (that is, all applications, until you change the region, and remove the lock) video is on the channel, the link left in the description under the video, in case you have encountered this problem. After resetting, you will need to reconfigure the TV. When you reset everything, the cache will be cleared and the TV will work faster. Here are two simple ways to clear the cache on your Samsung TV.
At the end of the video, I would like to say that there is a new method for installing ForkPlayer on Samsung TV, many users don’t have it installed. If you do not have ForkPlayer installed, try the new method. If you have any questions, write them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below the video. See you in future episodes.
- You will need to go to the menu on the main splash screen of the device. You need to press the “Settings” or “Settings” button on the remote control.
- In the list that opens, you need to find the “apps” item.
- Next, you need to click on the program to be deleted and open its menu and select the “uninstall” item.
- Press buttons 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 one by one on the remote control
- Here, click “On” next to “Developer mode:” and then click “Ok”
- In the upper right corner, press the “Settings” button.
- We select the application that we want to delete, such as “Okko”:.
- As you can see, the “Delete” button is inactive, and when you click on it, a window appears:
Another simple but effective way to clean the memory is to delete unnecessary or unused applications. To do this, go to the main page of the Smart TV, opening the applications menu, go to the settings through the icon in one of the top corners, find the applications that you consider unnecessary, click “Delete” and confirm.
Why do you need the Smart TV function?
When a user buys a “smart” TV, he, first of all, expects to use the device not only to watch TV channels, but also to access the Internet. With such a device you can:
- visit any sites on the Internet;
- watch movies online;
- listen to any tracks and view clips;
- view photos and various images;
- To correspond with friends on social networks;
- communicate with the friends through special video chat applications.
All of these actions result in overflowing the device’s memory.