How to connect a wired PowerA controller to your phone?
You can connect the wired controller to your Android phone or tablet via USB. You can also connect the wireless controller via Bluetooth. Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PS5, or Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers work with Android devices. Once paired, you can even stream your screen to your Android TV for big screen viewing.
- Make sure that your Nintendo Switch system is turned on and connected to your TV.
- Plug the USB cable into the USB port on the Nintendo Switch dock. Connect the other end of the cable to the wired controller. Now your wired controller is ready to use.
How to connect your Nintendo Switch to your phone?
To connect the Nintendo Switch to your cell phone, you first need to press the SYNC button This is a round button you can find on the side of each Joy-Con when you disconnect them. Hold down the button and you’ll see flashing lights, at which point your phone may recognize both Joy-Con.
To connect the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to your PC, you only need a Bluetooth receiver. The device is now officially supported on Steam (previously, the connection was only possible in the beta version of the client) with a USB cable connection.
How to connect the Pro Controller to the Switch?
From the HOME menu, select “Controllers,” then “Change the way you hold / order”. While the following screen is displayed, press and hold for at least one second the SYNC button on the controller Pro you want to sync. After synchronization, the player indicator light will light up, corresponding to the number of the controller.
To do this, select the Apple Bluetooth System Settings icon on the menu bar. Do not close the Bluetooth settings window. Click the connect button on one of the Joy-Con gamepads.
Connect the Xbox One joystick to your Android phone
To connect your Xbox One joystick to your Android phone, follow these steps:
- Open the Android settings and go to “Connected Devices.
- Tap on the “Add Device” button to make the Android phone search for available Bluetooth devices.
- Next, you need to turn on the Xbox One gamepad, if it is not already on. Click on the “Xbox” button in the middle of the gamepad.
- After turning on the gamepad you need to press the snap button and hold it for 3 seconds. The tethering button is on the back of the device, where a wired connection should have a USB cable.
- After clicking on the tethering button, the “Xbox” button on the gamepad will start flashing rapidly. This means the gamepad is ready for connection to the phone.
- Now you need to go back to the list of available devices on your Android phone. The device “Xbox Wireless Controller” should appear here.
- Tap on “Xbox Wireless Controller” to complete the connection of the joystick to the phone.
After this the connection should work. On your Android phone you can test the joystick directly from your phone menu. Pressing the “Xbox” button should bring you back to the main desktop, and you can use the sticks to navigate through the menu.
If the connection failed, then try repeating the instructions, starting from point 4.
How to connect a wired USB joystick to your phone
In order to connect a wired joystick to your smartphone via USB you will need to purchase an OTG adapter which allows you to connect a device that has a full-size USB input to a gadget with a micro-USB port. It looks like this:
Once connected, download the desired game emulator from Google Play and adjust the buttons on the gamepad.
Basically, that’s all. download the games and you can play.
In this tutorial we explained how to connect gamepads to the phone from different consoles. If you have any questions. write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
How to connect the joystick from the PlayStation 4 to the phone
For users of cell phones controls in games may not always seem convenient. If you have a gamepad from the console you can solve this problem by connecting the control device to the phone.
If you have the very Playstation 4 console, it is easy to connect the joystick from it. The connection is made using Bluetooth wireless network. If you have such a function in the phone to connect it should do so:
- Turn on the game console and connect the joystick to it.
- Turn the “Bluetooth” toggle switch on your phone.
- start device search in wireless settings.
- Find the joystick and Playstation profiles and connect to them, forming a pairing.
- As long as Bluetooth and gamepad are turned on, it is possible to use it to play games. This connection is possible for all Bluetooth-enabled phones.
Stable operation is not guaranteed in the absence of the console.
Connecting the joystick
1) The first thing you need to open the battery compartment and install them (by the way, there is often a USB adapter). Pay attention to the joystick body, on some models there is a spets. the switch: until you turn it ON (on/off), the LEDs on the joystick should light up (many models have more than one LED at the same time, see “ON”).). Joystick will not work.
2) If the joystick and batteries are okay. LEDs on the joystick must light up (many models have several LEDs at the same time, see photo below). example on the photo below).
3) Next, insert the USB adapter into the OTG adapter (this “goodness” comes with the wireless joystick; how it looks is shown in the photo below) and connect it to your phone’s MicroUSB.
If you have a Bluetooth joystick (without a separate USB-adapter). then immediately after turning it on, go to the settings of your phone, in the section “Connecting the device. Turn on the Bluetooth protocol and select a gamepad from among the devices found.
As a rule, the pairing is done in 1-2 clicks on the screen.
Connecting Bluetooth devices (Android 9)
4) After running the game, and go to “Settings” (settings control): there you can specify what buttons will be responsible for. My example below.
5) Actually, then you can start playing. everything should work! By the way, many believe that the wireless joystick gives “micro-delay”. my personal experience is nothing like that, the character reacts to the buttons at the same moment (by sight does not differ from the wired model).
What is the best game controller for Android?
You can connect any of these controllers to your Android phone or tablet with varying degrees of success. Although the connection is usually simple, some games just don’t work with the controller.
The best version of the controller. The one that’s right for you. However, despite the quality of Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch controllers, a controller designed specifically for mobile gaming may work better for you in the long run. Either way, as long as the games you play support console controllers, you’ll be fine.
Of course, some games have such innovative controls that you may not even need a controller!
Tired of the same old mobile games? These five unique games for Android and iOS allow you to play with a microphone, gyroscope and even touching the back of your phone.
Deputy editor for security, Linux, DIY, programming and technical explanation, and producer of really useful podcasts with extensive experience supporting desktops and software. Linux Format magazine author, Christian. Raspberry Pi wizard, Lego enthusiast and retro gamer.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive technical tips, reviews, free eBooks and exclusive offers!