If during the setup you selected “Removable Storage”, this gives you the option to move the files (music or photos, etc.) stored on your phone to the “Removable Storage” device.п.) to the SD card, thus freeing up the internal storage of your smartphone.
Copying files saved on your phone to an external drive
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Click Memory.
- Click on “Internal memory“.
- Select which type of files you want to move.
- Long press to select the files that you need to send to the external drive.
- Press the three dots (⋮), select “Copy to. “.
- Select Save → SD card.
- Select the folder where you want to save the files.
- Copy the selected files.
Deleting files saved in the smartphone’s internal storage.
- Go to the settings on your device.
- Select “Memory.”.
- Touch “Internal Storage”.
- Choose what type of files you want to delete.
- With a long press, select the files you want to delete.
- Select the trash can icon.
SD card as internal memory on Samsung Galaxy
As I said before, device manufacturers can control this feature. Samsung has long since disabled available storage on its Android devices. The reason: the company cannot control the performance of the device with this modification.
To test, I inserted an SD card into the Galaxy S8 to see if anything has changed in the new Android One interface. It turns out that no.
In addition, Samsung has created a corresponding webpage that confirms that Galaxy tablets and phones do not support Adoptable Storage, as it will “reduce the overall performance” of the device.
Nevertheless, there are rumors that Samsung will sooner or later implement this functionality on its devices.
On a pure Android smartphone, for example, use Google Files Go file manager. Any explorer allows you to view connected memory cards. To do this, open the app and select the section called “SDcard” or something similar (depends on the system and firmware).
- Turn the phone on.
- Then go to the settings menu.
- Select the apps menu.
- Next, select the app you want to move.
- Select the storage menu.
- Then select the change button.
- Then tap the SD card to move the app to the external memory card.
- Open the list of apps
- Press “Settings”
- Scroll down and tap Device Maintenance
- Tap “Storage”
- Press ⁝
- Tap Storage settings
- Tap on SD card
- Press “Mount”
How to enable: Yes just go to the Android settings section “Connecting the device”. Open the “USB” tab and put the slider in “File Transfer” mode (see “File Transfer”). screenshot below). Next, by launching explorer and entering into your phone memory, you will see that SD card started to show up (see “Installing an SD card” on your phone). screenshot below).
Inserting SD card into the slot of your Android device
How to install the card correctly
- Determine the location of the SD card slot in your device.
- Turn the device off.
- Remove the slot or open the back of the device. If necessary, lift up the card holder.
- Set the card to the right position. Lower the holder, if necessary.
- Return the slot and/or the back of the device to its original position.
How to turn on the SD card
After you turn on your phone, you will get a notification to install the memory card.
Select one of the memory setting options:
- Removable storage. If you select this option, you can save files (music, photos, and so on) on the SD card to any device that has a card slot, without losing any of your information.п.), transfer them with the SD card to any device that has a card slot, without losing the stored information. Application transfer is not available in this case.
- Internal memory. If you select this option you will be able to save applications on an additional storage device, but you can only use them on this device. When you move the SD card to another device, it will be cleared.
perform further settings according to the prompts that appear on the phone display.
When the memory settings are complete, press the “Done” button.
How to turn on the memory card on your Samsung Android phone
Turn on the memory card sd is not difficult on any Android tablet or phone, more precisely on a smartphone Lenovo, Nokia, LG and so on, but here I will focus on Samsung j1, j2, a5, j3, duos, and if there are pictures, will be used with Samsung Galaxy a3.
When you turn it on, check if it is inserted correctly. Make sure that your phone supports the type (e.g. MicroSD, etc.д.)
Make sure your smartphone supports e.g. 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB otherwise it won’t be able to “catch” it.
Samsung Galaxy A20 SD Card Helpful Tips | How to put memory card in samsung a20 | H2TechVideos
If you have Android 6.0, then compared to previous versions it has undergone significant changes in the use of cards.
Unfortunately, Google has not explained these changes to users, and they are not as simple and clear as it seems.
When Android 6.0 detects the format of the card, then prompts you to use it as a memory, which is almost no change from previous versions.
Here we lose the ability to move applications to the memory card (this option was reserved only for zephyr cards formatted as internal memory).
If the memory card still does not turn on, I recommend that you solve the issue by reading the ten reasons.
Of course, after getting root rights a lot of things can be changed, to do so in Android 6.0 not just.
If you use the SD card as internal memory, it will lose access to the internal memory and you can only store programs and data on it (again, if you have ROOT rights you can get around this) and the SD card becomes invisible to other devices (because it is encrypted).
Hopefully, this brief description will help you decide what to do with your memory card in Android 6.0.
Prerequisite steps to take before using
Even though the memory card is ready to use after installation, it is recommended to format it before using it. Use the following instructions to perform the operation:
- Open the Android settings.
- Go to “Storage”.
- Select the SD card you want to use.
- Press the “Format” button and confirm the action.
Note that formatting erases all data from the card. So don’t fill up your external drive before you start using it.
Because the MicroSD card is very small, and the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G phone does not seem to have a slot, it can be difficult to find the location of the drive. That’s why it is a good idea to follow the instructions:
Examine the case of the device and find the tray. It can usually be identified by a small hole nearby (just don’t mistake it for a microphone). The tray also stands out a bit with its edges.
After following the above steps, you should see a notification on the Samsung Galaxy A22 5G screen about installing the external drive. Do not hurry to start using it, because you also need to perform the preparatory steps.
Pre-Use Steps Required
Even though the memory card is ready to use after installation, it is recommended to format it before use. The operation is done according to the following instructions:
- Open the Android settings.
- Go to “Storage”.
- Select the SD card to use.
- Press “Format” button and confirm the action.
Note that formatting erases all data from the card. So do not fill the external drive before use.