Thus, the technology in question comes with a fairly simple setup, but getting a good experience with the Bluetooth adapter for the TV is much more difficult. You’ll have to work hard to find a really good adapter that helps you get a high-quality, low-latency audio signal.
Prepregs what is it? Pre-preg technology for small businesses
How to activate the engineering menu on a Samsung TV
As we wrote above, Bluetooth connectivity can be blocked for devices from other manufacturers. To solve this issue, you will need to activate the engineering menu in your Samsung TV, and configure it to activate Bluetooth and support third-party devices.
To activate the engineering menu on your TV, do not turn off your TV. Leave it on, then quickly press the following buttons on the remote:
The “OK/Select” button is located at. “Right,” “Up,” “Down.”. After dialing this sequence, a secret menu will open that allows you to turn the desired Bluetooth mode on and off (for example, “BT Audio ON”).
Recommended reading: How to connect the soundbar to the TV.
These units run the WebOS operating system. The graphic interface with a scrolling line of icons is convenient and understandable. To connect your headphones to your LG TV, you must first activate the wireless connection. Go to the settings menu, then do: “Sound” → “LG Sound Sync (wireless)”.
- Enter the Bluetooth settings menu.
- Select “Headset”.
- Turn on pre-charged wireless headphones and start searching.
- Select your device from the list that opens and enter the PIN code from your passport.
WebOS version 3.0 and up allow you to control your TV from a smartphone with the LG TV Plus app installed. You can use it to connect any Bluetooth headphones, even when there is no wireless connection in the settings menu. To do this you need:
The first time you turn on the app on your mobile device, it prompts you to connect to the TV via Wi-Fi by confirming the model and typing the suggested code. The smartphone can then be used as a remote control.
- Find in the menu of the application “Agent Bluetooth”, which will connect wireless headphones to the TV;
- turn on the device search, select “Headphones” in the agent and establish a Bluetooth connection with them.
Headset plays sound, TV speaker is silent. The “Connect to speaker” button will restore loud sound.
Which Bluetooth headphones to choose for Samsung Smart TV?
The range of Bluetooth headsets is incredibly huge, so it’s easy to get confused. One of the key selection criteria is the connection method.
- Wi-Fi. provides a large radius of coverage, high bandwidth and minimal distortion. However, such models are few and expensive.
- Infrared is an undesirable option, as it has a small range of communication, and signal quality leaves much to be desired.
- Radio channel is the preferred option for stationary devices. The quality of the signal is quite high, as well as the range of the capture. Buying headphones specifically for TV, it is better to choose this option. It is true that the price is relatively high, and the range is scarce.
- Bluetooth. the most popular niche universal models that can be used with almost all devices. They are available in all price niches and it is pretty easy to pick up a model with a suitable sound quality. Disadvantages are that the standard has a small range and there is a drop in sound quality.
Choosing the right one is a science, you should also consider the sensitivity, frequency, RES, autonomy. If you do not want to bother with similar characteristics (they are also difficult to find), it is recommended to choose by reviews.
How to connect to a TV of different brands?
Manufacturers of different brands of equipment strive to make their products unique. For example, Samsung does not guarantee support for devices released by other brands, in which case you will have to change the settings.
For a normal connection, just follow the instructions.
- Open the Samsung TV settings section. Turn on the headphones in pairing mode.
- Under the TV menu, find “Sound”, then “Loudspeaker settings”.
- Place the headphones close to the TV set.
- Select “List of headphones” option in the menu. Wait until the new device is detected. it should appear in the list. Activate the pairing.
The K series TVs in Samsung have a submenu in the “Sound” section: “select speaker”. Here you can set the type of broadcast: through your own built-in TV system or through Bluetooth audio. Select the second item and activate it.
If you use a non-branded wireless accessory with your Samsung TV, you must first change the settings. Press Info, Menu-Mute-Power on buttons on the remote control. The service menu will open. In it you need to find the “Options” item. Then open the engineering menu, in Bluetooth Audio move the “slider” to the On position, turn off and turn on the TV again.
If everything is done correctly, in the settings menu, in the “Sound” tab a new item appears: “Bluetooth headphones”. After that it will be possible to connect headphones of other brands.
Only branded wireless headphones are supported here, syncing third-party devices is not possible. You also need to act in a certain order.
- In the TV menu, enter the “Sound” section.
- Select the LG wireless sync in the available audio output options. If you select just headphones, the connection will not be established.
- Turn on the headphones.
- You’ll need the LG TV Plus mobile app to connect your devices. In its menu, you can establish a connection with the TV, detect and synchronize other wireless devices of the brand. In the future, the headphones will connect automatically when you set the desired acoustic mode.
How To Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Samsung TV
Thanks to the proprietary app synchronization is faster and easier, and all settings are convenient to configure directly from your phone.
How to connect headphones to a TV without a 3.5 mm jack?
Everyone determines comfortable volume. Suitable for you sound level neighbors and home can be perceived as intrusive or interfering noise. The situation is more complicated if a sick or resting person is near, a small child is sleeping.
Headphones (headphones, headsets) provide privacy of listening without inconvenience to others. Allow you to enjoy quality sound without extraneous room noise, without disturbing your loved ones. Today we will discuss how to connect different types of headphones to TVs of different brands.
Types of wireless headphones for TV
Wireless headphones for TV differ in the way the signal is transmitted. The most common and most common are 4 types of accessories with the following types of connection:
The headphones, functioning on the principle of radio communication, have a good, loud and clear sound. Their range reaches 100 meters, but depends on the obstacles in the way. These devices produce sound using a transmitter connected to source and broadcasting the signal over radio waves.
For your information! Expensive models of radio headphones can be equipped with a channel selector, which allows you to switch to another frequency in search of clear sound.
Significant disadvantage of such devices. high susceptibility to interference. If there are small children or pets running around in the apartment, as well as appliances like microwaves, routers, etc. are constantly on.д., It is not recommended to purchase this type of headset, since the signal will be constantly interrupted.
Infrared headphones work like a TV remote. Infrared communication is not afraid of interference, transmits high-quality sound, but has a significant disadvantage. limited range. The maximum distance for such a headset is 10 meters, but for a confident and reliable signal you need to be no more than 6-7 meters away from the TV set, and there should be no obstacles in the way between the equipment.
Bluetooth headphones can be connected to many devices both with built-in Bluetooth and with an external receiver connected. Range of such a headset is up to 15 meters, but it can be reduced if there are walls, furniture or other obstacles in the way. However, these accessories provide high-quality and stable sound.
Wi-Fi headphones transmit sound well and work over a long distance. You can also connect more than one headset to the same audio source.
For your information! The disadvantage of these devices is a very high price, as well as the sensitivity to interference. Usually interruptions occur if there are one or more Wi-Fi routers in the building.
Most often for home use, buy headphones that work via Bluetooth. IR headsets are hardly produced today and are rarely available on the market. Radio headphones have a bulky and inconvenient receiver, due to which their range of application is significantly limited. Wi-Fi earphones are easy to connect, they transmit a good sound, but because of the high price not every user is ready to buy them.
Unlike other wireless headphones, the Bluetooth headset is more universal in use, you can connect it to your TV, mobile device or other equipment. Accessories of this type are available in different price categories, including the budget, which makes them accessible to any user. Bluetooth headphones are made in mass production and by different manufacturers, which allows even the most discerning person to choose the most suitable sample for themselves in color, shape, sound, price and other parameters. Because of all these advantages, Bluetooth headsets are more popular today than other types of wireless headphones.
Connecting via Bluetooth transmitter
If your TV does not have built-in Bluetooth, you will have to buy an additional device. a transmitter. The main parameter of the Bluetooth transmitter is the number of headphones that can be connected at the same time. One wireless device can connect to any transmitter, two can connect to a more expensive product, but more. until modern technology can not do it.
Mpow Streambot. Bluetooth for the modern TV for 25-30, will give for one pair of headphones great sound. It has a built in rechargeable battery, plus it can receive the signal from other devices via Bluetooth. All devices that transmit sound to wireless speakers can be listened to without adjustment.
If users want to connect two pairs of headphones, the price of such devices immediately increases: for example, Avantree Priva will cost you 57, and Miccus Mini Jack one dollar more. These transmitters will help you connect your headphones to your LG or Samsung TV without any problems.
Here is a step by step algorithm of how to connect headphones to the TV using this device.
- We turn on the pre-purchased transmitter. it can have a separate power supply from the network or you will need to insert the batteries.
- You have to connect it to an RCA socket, if your TV has another input, then you have to buy an adapter.
- You can turn on the transmitter by pressing a special button, but many are activated immediately when you plug it in, as indicated by a special LED indicator.
- Communication between the transmitting device and headphones occurs automatically because they are tuned to the same frequency. If the sound does not appear, then press the reset button. the product will automatically find your gadget and connect to it.
Connecting to TV receivers without Bluetooth function
If TV without Bluetooth, here’s what to do about it. You will need to purchase a special transmitter. For a successful selection and rational spending of money you need to estimate how many devices can be connected at the same time, thanks to it. If there is a need to connect several devices, it is better to buy a more expensive model. The more devices the transmitter supports, the more expensive the model.
Through the Bluetooth transmitter
- Turn on the purchased transmitter;
- Connect in the connector (output) RCA;
- Turn on the transmitter by pressing the special button until the special light comes on;
Wait until the automatic tuning begins. If no sound appears, press the reset button. The product will automatically find the gadget and connect to it. If there is no such connector, you need to buy a special adapter.
How to connect a Lumax set-top box to the TV: step by step instructions
Via a TV set-top box
To connect your headphones to the set-top box you need to insert them into the appropriate jack.