How to transfer files from PC to iPhone
There are different ways to transfer files from PC to iPhone from iPhone to PC you can transfer files from PC to iPhone via Wi-Fi, through iTunes or even through AirDrop (iOS and Mac), although it is a common transfer from iPhone to PC For example, some special file types do not support transfer, for example, AirDrop does not support transferring music between iPhone / iPad and Mac. If you transfer iPhone files via iTunes, usually the old library is overwritten and you lose the data you had. there to. When you have the new iPhone 11, you may want to enjoy the new iPhone 11, such as watching movies, listening to music, reading ebooks, taking pictures, shooting videos, etc. Д. So how do you transfer music, video? and PC photos on iPhone 11 or other on iOS 13 / 12 devices?
If your device has a USB-C connector, you can connect it directly to the USB-C port on your iPad Pro. If your device has a USB-A connector, you can connect it to the Apple USB-C/USB adapter and then connect the adapter to the USB-C port on the iPad Pro.
First, connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable, which allows you to transfer files.
- Turn on your phone and unlock it.
- On your computer, click the Start button. and then select Photos. To open the Photos app.
- Select Import From USB Device and follow the instructions.
You can connect iPad via cable or USB adapter directly to a Mac or Windows PC. To connect, you need: Mac with USB and OS X 10.9 or newer. A Windows PC with a USB connector and Windows 7 or later.
- Connect your iPad to your PC using a USB cable.
- Wait for drivers to install.
- Open iTunes.
- Select iPad from the Device menu.
- Synchronize gadgets by clicking on the rectangular icon at the top left.
- Go to “Browse,” find “Options,” and click on “Synchronize iPad via WI-FI.
Launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows computer. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer using the USB cable that came with it. Then select your device in iTunes. If you can’t find your device, see the following.
Repeating the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch screen
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV.
- Open the Control Panel:
- Press Screen Repeat.
- Select an Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible Smart TV from the list.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect your iPhone to your PC via USB
It won’t take long to connect your iPhone to your computer if you have the right connection cable at hand, and if you have previously downloaded iTunes from the Internet to your PC.
You can use it to manage your phone and all of your phone’s files. Besides, it will protect your device from unexpected failure.
- First, use a cable to connect your computer and phone.
- Go to the iTunes app. Usually it opens automatically when you sync, but if it doesn’t, just click the icon, which looks like a musical note.
- In the upper left corner you can see a phone icon. click on it, and the screen will display all the information about the device and what is recorded on it.
- If you want to copy all data to your computer, select “Make a backup copy”.
- Specify what you want to synchronize (for example, music), check the box and apply the changes.
- After you press “Synchronization” button, the data will be copied to your PC.
Also in the settings of the program you can choose the automatic process. That is, each time you connect the phone, all the above steps will be performed independently.
Note that when connecting the phone and the PC without the app, you can go to the list of drives and find your iPhone there. This way you have access to photos and videos, you can copy them to a PC, but unfortunately there’s no way to write to it or delete anything.
Connecting iPhone to PC via USB
Despite rapidly advancing wireless technology, USB cables are still used in all iPhones. They allow you to charge your device from adapters with different capacities, as well as synchronize with your computer. The wire can even be used to transmit an Internet connection.
Choosing a USB cable
Unlike most Android devices, different iPhones use different USB cables. Older versions up to iPhone 4S were connected to a PC with a 30-pin connector.
In 2012, there was an innovative and more compact USB cable. Lightning. It is to this day the standard in the newest models, including the corresponding jack used to connect headphones. So if you have an iPhone 5 and up, only connect your device using Lightning.
The first time connecting a smartphone to a new computer, the user will get the question of whether it is worth trusting this PC. If you press “Don’t trust”, it will be impossible to view and edit data on the iPhone. In this case, the phone will only charge. Let’s see how to properly connect via USB.
Note that in order to synchronize your device with your PC you need iTunes, which you can download from the link below.
Connecting without iTunes
You can manage files on your iPhone using a computer without using the standard iTunes program. Windows Explorer can help.
Using this method you can only view photos and videos on your iPhone using Explorer and copy data to your PC. You cannot delete or edit files.
A third-party file manager can replace iTunes with a full set of similar features. For example, iTools or iFunBox. Connection and synchronization in these programs is fast and does not even require a password.
In several of our articles, we have considered in detail how to work in file managers for iOS. Read on.
Read more:How to use iToolsTools to synchronize iPhone with your computer
The USB cable is not only used for charging and syncing with your PC. You can use it to set up Internet access for a PC. This feature is called “Modem Mode”. It works both via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cable.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer and go to “Settings.
- Select the “Modem Mode” section.
- In the next tab, activate the function by sliding the switch to the right. If the PC is automatically connected to the network, you will see a special panel at the top of the screen, which shows the number of connections.
- If your PC does not automatically connect to an available network, go to “Network Service List” in Settings and find your iPhone.
Sometimes the user needs to override the trust to a particular computer to prohibit him from being able to control the files of the smartphone. It is not necessary to reconnect your iPhone to PC, just go to settings.
The trust function is reset for all computers that previously synced with the device.
- Open settings on your iPhone.
- Go to the “Basic” section.
- Scroll to the end of the list and find the item “Reset.
- Select “Reset Geo Settings”.
- Enter the password code to confirm your actions. After that, click “Reset Settings” in the menu that appears. No need to reboot your device. Don’t worry, all your data will stay on your device. After this procedure you only need to allow apps to access geo data again, because these settings are also reset.
I seldom but rarely encounter synchronization issues when I connect my iPhone to my computer. This is most often seen in iTunes. Apple recommends that you keep iOS as well as iTunes updated to the latest version to avoid errors. However, it can also be a problem with your smartphone. Learn more about the problems connecting your iPhone to a PC in the following article.
Read more: iPhone can’t sync with iTunes: What’s causing the problem
The Windows operating system also affects the successful connection between your iPhone and PC. Read on to learn more about this in our article and see if you can solve the problem for yourself.
Read more: Windows can’t see your iPhone: Solutions
iPhone 11 & 11 Pro: how to force restart, recovery mode, DFU mode, etc.
Currently, wired technology is inferior in efficiency and convenience to wireless. However in certain situations USB-cable can help to connect and synchronize iPhone with PC, when there is no internet or when Wi-Fi or Bluetooth is not working. Glad we could help you with your issue. Describe what is not working for you. Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Did This Article Help You?
Apple devices have a closed architecture. for many operations it is necessary to use a PC. This is why when buying an iPhone, the user must be prepared for the fact that this gadget will have to be connected via a USB cable more often than any of the Androids. The operation of connecting the iPhone via USB seems simple, but there are some nuances that do not allow you to work with this device as a standard data storage device.
The cable for connecting your iPhone to a computer is in the same box as the mobile device itself. You only need to use this and no other wire.
There are two types of cables:
- Lightning connector, it is a thin charger, it is used exclusively for the new generation iPhone.
- The thicker charger is a wider wire, and the connector is also wider, at 30 pins. Designed for older iPhone models.
Only connect the device to a computer with at least a USB 2 port.0.
Otherwise the computer will simply not recognize your iPhone. A notification will appear on the monitor that your device may be faster. However, in reality, this means that the connection is not established.
The following are instructions for connecting the device to the PC. There will be ways via USB cable, wireless over Wi-Fi, for Windows and MacOs.
- first connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cord;
- The USB plug is inserted into the corresponding USB connector on your computer;
- there is only one connection hole. the wire will not connect to the wrong place because of the difference in shape and overall design;
- The other end of the wire is inserted into the connector on the iPhone;
- install iTunes (preferably before physically connecting the device).
iTunes must be installed. The main reasons:
- It is an ideal program for many activities related to file transfer, restore system files, etc. д.;
- provides the correct identification of the device by the computer;
- and most importantly in the matter of connection. has a set of standard drivers for the correct recognition of the iPhone by your computer.
This completes the connection of your iPhone. Yes, it’s that easy and simple, but there can be all kinds of malfunctions, including not being able to connect. How to fix such shortcomings, we will consider later.
Connected iPhone is visible in the system as a separate device:
To connect your iPhone via Wi-Fi, you need to have iOS5 and iTunes version at least 10.5. If everything is available, you need a working network to connect (a laptop Wi-Fi module or router will do). Often, the wireless router that creates the Wi-Fi network will automatically resolve any connectivity issues. Т. к. the network is already present, it is enough to connect to it from the iPhone and synchronize with the computer via iTunes (this is done in the appropriate section of the program).
If there is no network and you need to create one, watch this video. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to do it on MacOS. This option is suitable for any computer and works with any iPhone device.
And this video clearly demonstrates how to create a Wi-Fi network in Windows. In both cases it simply creates a new connection, so the procedure is similar, but certain conditions are worth following.
Standard pairing, which is the same for all devices connected this way:
- on the computer turns on Bluetooth, the same on the iPhone;
- Going into “Search for devices” Bluetooth, you need to start “Search for new devices”;
- After finding the name of the iPhone (or computer, if the search is done from the iPhone side) you must select this device;
- You will be prompted to enter the code (the same window will pop up on the receiving device);
- the codes must match, and once they are entered, the devices will be connected to each other.
Connection via USB
You need a USB cable to pair it with your PC. It should be included with your iPhone. lying in the box. It is better not to use other wires. If you lose or damage the original cable, you can buy one. The main thing is to choose accessories that are suitable for your gadget. The cable with 30 pin connector (“thick charger”) is for older devices. Lightning connectors (“thin”). for the new generation devices.
You can only use USB 2 ports for this connection.0 and above. With a version 1 slot.0, the system will alert you that everything can run faster. And the gadget it will not “see.
Here’s how to connect your iPhone to your computer via USB:
- Install the newest version of iTunes on your PC.
- It is also advisable to download iCloud.
- Turn on your iPhone.
- Plug one end of the cable into it.
- Plug the other end into a USB port on your PC.
- It should detect your new device. If you are syncing your iPhone for the first time, the Apple Mobile Device drivers will be automatically installed. You can also download them from the manufacturer’s official site.
- Unlock your phone. It will give the message “Do I trust this computer??”. Click “Trust”. There may be a message “Allow this device to access photos and video?”. Click “Allow.”.
- iTunes should come up. If it does not, open it manually. You can interact with your gadget through this program.
- Wait until synchronization is complete.
- You will also see your iPhone icon appear in “My Computer” as a portable device or external drive.
- To go into the device overview in iTunes, click on the phone icon button. It’s at the top left.
In addition to connecting to USB, you can create a connection via Wi-Fi. To do this, all devices you want to synchronize must be on the same network. That is, access the Internet through the same router.
You will not be “tied” to the PC with a wire. But not all functions are available in this mode. For example, you won’t be able to restore your gadget from a backup or update the software. And that pairing drains the battery fast.
Here’s how to connect your iPhone to your computer using a wireless connection:
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Open “Wi-Fi.
- Slide the switch to ON. It should turn green.
- Choose your network and enter your password if it’s secure.
Now set the synchronization options. Plug your iPhone into a USB port. After this one-time setup you should be able to use your wireless connection. And use it to work with iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone with the cable to the PC.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the phone icon. It’s on the top left.
- Under “Review”, scroll down the page.
- Place a checkmark in the “Synchronize via Wi-Fi” box.
- Click on “Apply”.
Now you can try to connect “over the air” via wireless networks. Disconnect USB cable first. Then:
- Open the iPhone settings.
- Go to “Basic”.
- Scroll down the page.
- The “Sync with iTunes” menu.
- Tap on “Sync.”.
The settings and files of the device will now be available in iTunes.