Connecting Apple Watch to iPhone
First, check that Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone. Plug in the watch to charge it. Turn on your Apple Watch (press and hold the side button under the Digital Crown wheel until the Apple logo appears). Select the language of the Apple Watch.
To pair your watch with your phone:
How To Pair your Existing Apple Watch To Your New Iphone.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone;
- Click “Start pairing.”
- Point your phone camera at the watch so that the Apple Watch display hits the yellow outline that appears on the iPhone screen;
- The watch will connect to your iPhone and you’ll be prompted to either set the watch as new (or restore a copy from backup if you’ve used the watch before and backed it up);
- Choose which wrist you will wear the watch on;
- Enter your Apple ID;
- Tap “OK” on the next 3 pages with information about location services, Siri, and diagnostics;
- Set Password. The password must be specified on the Apple Watch;
- Specify whether you want the watch to unlock at the same time as the iPhone;
- Choose how to install apps. If the apps on your iPhone have watch versions, they can all be installed automatically, or you can install only the apps you need yourself later;
- Wait for the devices to sync.
Apple Watch does not sync with iPhone
Now we are going to find out why the Apple Watch does not sync with the iPhone and what you need to do to solve the problem.
This article applies to all iPhone 13/12/11/X/8/7 and Plus models on iOS 15. On older versions may be different or absent the menu items and hardware support mentioned in the article.
First, perform a pair connection check watch phone.
In a situation where you see a red iPhone icon or during the pairing it is not possible to see the “i” icon, connect the smart watch again to the device. The problem can be solved by properly connecting the gadgets, creating a gap and reconnecting the pair.
How to reset the Apple Watch
Faced with a hang-up, refusal to turn on or run individual apps, users wonder how they can reboot the Apple Watch. Sometimes switching your device to standby mode is enough to restore its functionality. After unlocking the screen functionality will return to normal.
Management is carried out with the help of keys, touch screen and gestures. Experts offer three options for unlocking:
If the device refuses to start, you can recharge it. There are 3 solutions to the problem when the device freezes completely:
Rolling back to the initial state can cause incorrect functioning. The developers do not advise using it. The best option is considered to be the standard shutdown, in the extreme case. forced restart of the gadget.
Standard restart of the Apple Watch
It is recommended to restart the gadget according to the standard algorithm:
- You need to press and hold the side key until the “off” label appears on the display.
- Move the slider to turn off the device.
- After the procedure, re-press the side button and hold it until the company logo appears.
Important! The gadget is unable to restart at the time of recharging. It is necessary to first turn it off and only then perform the step-by-step reset scheme.
Forced restart of the Apple Watch
The procedure is performed in exceptional cases, when any action does not cause a response from the gadget. To perform it, you need to press the side key and the Digital Crown wheel simultaneously. Holding them down for 10 seconds will cause the company’s apple logo to appear on the display.
On the correct implementation of the above recommendations depends on the further functionality of the device. Only by following these rules can a forced reset be performed safely.
Specialists pay attention to three main factors:
- When charging the device, it can not go through the process by any of these methods, you can restart the device only after disconnecting it from the power grid.
- You can not reboot the device at the time of the operating system update. you must wait until the scale is completely full and the company logo appears on the display.
- You can not perform the procedure during the update of any additional application. there is a possibility of a general malfunction of the device, it may freeze.
Important! Forced restart of the gadget refers to extreme measures, the user must use the standard algorithm of shutdown.
How to unlink (pair) the Apple Watch without the iPhone method 2
It is possible to disconnect the watch from the smartphone, even if the two devices are not near each other (for example, if the iPhone is lost). To do this, go to the Settings app on the Apple Watch (the gear icon), go from there to the “Basic” section, select the “Reset” menu and in it click on “Erase all content”.
This action will reset the Apple Watch to factory settings (all data will be deleted), and break the existing pairing with the iPhone.
How to connect the Apple Watch to your iPhone
To set up and use the Apple Watch, you need an iPhone with the latest version of iOS. Also, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone, and Wi-Fi or cellular connectivity is established.
WatchOS 7 is compatible with Apple Watch Series 3 and above and Apple Watch SE. Upgrading to WatchOS 7 requires iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later.
If the Apple Watch is already set up but you want to use it with another iPhone, you can transfer the Apple Watch settings and content to your new iPhone.
Turn on and put on your Apple Watch
To turn on the Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears. It may take a few minutes.
Learn what to do if your Apple Watch won’t turn on or if you need to enter your password but forgot it.
Hold the Apple Watch up to your iPhone
Wait until the message Use your iPhone to set this Apple Watch appears on the iPhone screen, and then tap Continue. If no message appears, open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap All watches, and then tap Pairing with other watches.
If this is your Apple Watch, tap Setup for yourself. Or click Setup for a family member, then follow the instructions to set up the watch for one of your family members.
The Apple Watch should be next to your iPhone until these steps are completed.
Position the iPhone over the animation
Place the watch face in the center of the iPhone viewfinder. Wait for a message that the Apple Watch has been paired.
If you can’t use the camera, the animation for pairing doesn’t appear, or the iPhone can’t accept it, tap Manual Pairing with Apple Watch, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
If your Apple Watch hangs during pairing
If your Apple Watch appears on a black screen with a white Apple logo, follow these steps.
- Press and hold the digital crown wheel and side button simultaneously until the watch restarts. Then release the digital crown wheel and side button.
- After the watch restarts, tap the screen or press and hold the digital winding wheel.
- Press Reset.
- After restarting the watch, you can connect your iPhone. Bring your iPhone to the watch and follow the on-screen instructions.
How To Connect Apple Watch To iPhone! (2021)
Synchronize your Apple Watch automatically
How to connect the watch to an iPhone? You can automatically sync the Apple Watch with your iPhone. To do this:
- There are app icons on the screen. Select Apple Watch.
- To start syncing, tap Start Pairing on both devices.
- The iPhone yellow video search should be aligned with the animation on the watch display
- When the pairing is complete, your iPhone will display a notification that the operation is complete. The user should press the Install as new Apple Watch button.
- The system will ask which hand the wearer intends to wear the watch, select one of the two options.
- Enter your Apple account information (username and password)
- The system will display information about geolocation services. Read it and press OK.
- Repeat the steps after meeting with the voice assistant Siri.
- The display will show diagnostic information
- You must now enter the 4- or 7-digit password for the watch.
- The system asks you to set up a simultaneous device unlock.
- You can choose to install apps automatically or install them yourself.
- After you complete all the steps, you will receive a notification on your iPhone that the pairing is complete.
Pairing is done in several steps:
- As in the first case, you need to click on the application icon.
- Press the start pairing button.
- A manual setup option will be offered at the bottom of the display. Select it and press the i button.
- Once the iPhone sees the watch, repeat steps from step four of the previous setup.
- Both devices must be close to each other when pairing.
Breaking a couple of hours with iPhone
In case you need to break a pair, you need to do the following:
If the devices are far away from each other:
Warning! Do not confuse the resetting of your iPhone with the resetting of the watch itself. This operation is done through the Watch app!
- Upgrade to iOS 13 via settings
- Go to Settings → Basic → Software Update;
- Wait for the update to appear and click “Download”;
- To start the update, click “Install”.
- Updating to iOS 13 through your computer
- Step 3.
Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch Series 3 require an iPhone 6s or newer with iOS 13 or newer. Specifications can be changed. Some features, applications, and services may not be available in all regions or in all languages.
The Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch Series 3 require an iPhone 6s or newer with iOS 13 or newer. Specifications are subject to change. Some features, apps and services may not be available in all regions or languages.
Apple Watch is currently only compatible with iPhone 6s and later. This is because their software support period is out. Updating to watchOS 6 or newer stops working with iPhone 5s, 6, and 6 Plus.
How to pair and unpair an Apple Watch and iPhone
To turn on the Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo is displayed. Bring your iPhone to the Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on the iPhone, then tap “Continue”. You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap “Pair with other watches”.
Check the “Do not disturb” option in the settings, make sure the feature is disabled. You may have blocked numbers, enter the “Block” and “Call ID” tabs. Turn off the “Call Forwarding” option. Make sure your smartphone has a SIM card, remove it and reinsert it.