How to connect your Playstation 4 to your LG TV?
Some people can’t rest without playing computer games. And quite a large number of them prefer computers over gaming consoles. This choice is due to the fact that it is cheaper to buy a set-top box than to build a gaming computer. In addition, to connect a gaming console to the TV is quite simple. In this article, let’s look at how to connect the Playstation 4 to LG TV.
To plunge into the world of games, if possible, you should choose the model of LG TV, which is planned to connect the set-top box. You should pay attention to the following parameters:
- To connect it is better to choose a TV with LED-display or plasma screen with a refresh rate of at least 100 Hz. This guarantees the quality of acoustics and picture.
- It is better if the resolution of the screen is 4K, because the image detail will be higher.
- Response time. The indicator determines the milliseconds in which the matrix builds the transformation of a pixel. The smaller the parameter, the faster the image transmission. Optimal response time of no more than 5 milliseconds.
- PQI Upgrade Index. Often this figure is not paid attention in the characteristics of the model. Meanwhile it is also important. The greater the index, the better for gaming. The possible range of the parameter is in the range of 1 000 to 3 000 depending on the price.
- Screen size. A large monitor appeals to the ability to immerse yourself in a virtual world, but make sure that being in front of such a screen is comfortable for your eyesight.
- Equipped with an HDMI 2 port.0. With it, the device is capable of transferring data in 4K.
- The presence of special modes (game optimization). Modern TVs already include a game mode, in which all unnecessary TV options are automatically turned off.
And before you start connecting to the TV, make sure you have a complete set of equipment:
Once you have made sure that the entire set is in place, you can proceed to connect the Playstation 4 (or Playstation 5) directly to your LG TV. Please note that before connecting, both devices (both TV and set-top box) must be turned off. If at least one device is plugged into the outlet, plugging the cable in can damage the HDMI input of the TV or the entire motherboard.
Consider the detailed instructions on how to connect your Playstation to your LG TV:
- Make sure that both devices are disconnected from the power source.
- Plug the LG HDMI cable into the appropriate connector on the side or back of the TV. Plug the second plug of the cable into the HDMI connector of the PlayStation 4 game console.
- Plug the power cord into the outlet, and connect the other end to the connector of the set-top box.
- If you do not plan to connect the console via Wi-Fi, then connect the network cable, which should be inserted into the LAN socket.
- Connect the smaller end of the microUSB cable to the DualShock joystick, and the other to the USB input of the PlayStation 4 game console.
- After that, turn on both devices, press the remote on the cable image and select the HDMI-input in the signal source, to which the console is connected, the connection is complete.
If your TV is an older model and it does not have an HDMI input, you can connect a game console using an adapter for cinchpipes. The main disadvantage of this connection method is poor picture quality. Connection algorithm is similar.
When the console is working through the HDMI port, the sound in the main menu can be played, while in the game itself it is missing. The problem is most likely the accidental resetting of presets or connection of TV-equipment of another manufacturer. For example, if you connect a game console to a Samsung TV set and perform the initial setup of the console, then after you change the TV device to a LG brand model, all the settings will return to basic. If the presets remain the same, then you can try to turn the console off and then turn it back on by holding down the power button until the beep again. The screen should display a request to connect through the HDMI port. Accept and the sound will appear again.
If the screen began to flicker, appeared vertical or horizontal black bars on the TV screen, it indicates a failure in the settings. The surest way is to reset all console settings to defaults (hold Power for 10 seconds until two beeps).
If the TV does not see the PS3 via HDMI or any other interface, the first thing you should check the signal source on TV. In the settings must be specified the appropriate output: HDMI, AV, RCA, etc.п. It is also useful to check the integrity of the cable.
Connecting the PlayStation 4 to your laptop
The presence of the screen on the laptop is accompanied by interest in the possibility of connecting a game console to this device. Especially since it has an HDMI channel. But the problem is that the channel is designed to distribute the image to other devices. It is not capable of receiving images on its own.
To be able to play video from the game console, you will need to use a special adapter to connect a laptop. It is connected to the USB port. Do not count on a high-quality picture.
Connecting to a laptop
Another option is a remote connection, similar to the previously considered variant.
How to connect your Playstation 4 to an older TV? You’ll need adapters if your monitors don’t have suitable HDMI jacks. The most common way. “tulip”. The main disadvantage of this option is the broadcasting of low quality images. To connect the adapters to the appropriate ports, then turn on the receiver, select the desired signal with the PU. The method does not assume the appearance of difficulties with synchronization. Figuring out how to connect the PlayStation 4 to the TV, you need to choose the right converter.
When buying card readers, you should pay attention to such factors:
- Prefer USB-powered adapters. There is a chance that the adapter without additional power will not work with the PlayStation 4.
- The presence of a 3.5mm jack in the converter. VGA and DVI can not play sound, so using a card reader without connector, the game on the console will be silent.
- Some adapters have different models.
When buying, it is recommended to read the characteristics or ask the seller about the features of the product, so you do not have to make a return.
Useful to know
Before you buy a TV or monitor, you need to know a few things. All this will help to make the right choice.
Rise of the Tombrider 4K graphics on PlayStation 4 Pro
If you have a regular console, not the Pro-version, and you’re going to buy a 4K monitor, we hasten to disappoint you.
If you want maximum smoothness during the game you should consider buying a screen with 60Hz or 120Hz refresh rate. The higher this value is, the smoother the picture will be.
Input-Lag is a characteristic that shows how long it takes your TV to process the signal. It is measured in milliseconds. The less time it takes to process, the better. The optimal value is 25-35 ms, the best figure is 13.5 ms. The record figure is fixed for some Sony TVs.
To reduce Input-Lag, you can turn on the game mode on the TV.
How to connect Ps4 to Tv
TV manufacturers rarely talk about this parameter, but experienced players always pay attention to it. Take some time and look up this on the internet.
What kind of TV can you connect your PlayStation 4 to?
The latest model of Sony Playstation can be connected to almost any TV, because the manufacturers are making a lot of adapters for easy use of TV in different situations. But there are special requirements for the TV to PlayStation 4, so that the picture is as good as possible:
- Type of technology and screen refresh rate. High-quality acoustics and clear image are possible only on modern LED models at refresh rate of the screen not less than 100 Hz.
- Screen Resolution. 4K reference point. Only in this case the picture will meet your expectations.
- Viewing Angle. Excessive side-backlighting when choosing a TV for PlayStation 4 affects the gaming experience. Distorted images, making it hard to play multiplayer games.
- Input-Lag. Displays the time it takes for the TV receiver to realize the signal on the screen. Responsible for the parameter of TV response to the player’s actions.
- PQI refresh index. The bigger is better for gaming.
- Screen Size. Of course, it depends on the taste of a player, someone likes a smaller screen, someone like a bigger one. A good picture on any will involve.
- Inteis. To quickly connect your PlayStation 4 to your TV, it’s best if it has an HDMI cable and a proper input.
Once you’ve connected your PlayStation 4 to your TV, you need to turn the console on with the button on the case. A menu will appear prompting you to connect your gamepad and click on the PlayStation 4 button. Once paired, users have access to further settings.
Connecting your smartphone to the Playstation app
Download the Playstation app for your smartphone
- You can download the app for free from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. You need your iPhone or Android device to use the app.
Connect your PlayStation 4 and smartphone to the same network
You can check the network settings for your PlayStation 4 by going to the Settings menu and selecting Network. If it’s connected to the router via Ethernet, just make sure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Click “Connect to PlayStation 4
Touch your PlayStation 4
It should appear on the “Connect to PlayStation 4” screen, under the word “Enabled. If your Playstation does not appear, double check both systems to make sure they are connected to the same network. Press the “Refresh” button to rescan.
Connect to your PlayStation 4
Turn on your PlayStation 4 control by pressing “Second Screen.”
- This will turn your device into a controller that you can use to navigate the PlayStation 4 menus. You cannot use this controller as a game controller.
- Swipe the screen to move through the menus, and tap your phone screen to make a selection.
Enable the second screen function (depends on the game)
- Some games allow you to use your phone as a second screen to play. If the game supports this, tap the “2” icon at the top of the PlayStation 4 virtual controller on your phone.
Use your phone as a PlayStation 4 keyboard
- By selecting the keyboard icon, you can use your phone as your PlayStation 4 keyboard. This can make writing much easier than using a controller.
Turn off your PlayStation 4
If you’re done with your PlayStation 4, you can turn it off using the PlayStation 4 app on your phone. Close the “Second Screen” controller and press “Power. If your PlayStation 4 is completely disabled by default, you will be prompted to do this. If your PlayStation 4 is set to enter Rest mode by default, you will be prompted to do this instead.
What is HDMI ARC on a Smart-TV and how to use it
Modern TVs don’t live alone. They are a key part of the home multimedia ecosystem, which also includes audio processing and playback devices. soundbars, DVD/BD players, A/V receivers, A/V processors, etc. д. And all this goodness is pulling its tentacle wires to the TV. And everyone gets their own remote control.
An apartment tangled with wires is like a spider’s den. It’s not much of a comfort to live in, unless you’re Peter Parker of course. That’s why ARC is born, the technology savior, designed to free our living space from the dominance of copper cobwebs. So, what is HDMI ARC in Smart TV, and how to use it.
In simple terms about the technology
ARC is a bidirectional audio channel. ARC HDMI is the same, but combined with high-definition multimedia interface. This technology eliminates the need to connect an extra cord to output sound from your TV to your playback device. It sends audio back and forth between devices through a single cable.
With ARC HDMI, you can combine more than two devices. HDMI-switches with ARC function are used for this purpose. Below is a schematic example of such a system based on a 5-port switch:
Mandatory condition for such schemes is that all devices support this technology and use special HDMI-ARC-cables. The latter, as a rule, are not included in the delivery set of audio/video equipment, they are purchased separately. and uploaded by more than ten thousand. the longer it is, the more expensive it is.
Technology of reverse transmission of sound through HDMI is not new. this year it turns 10 years old. And in 2017-2018 devices with support of a new standard. eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) capable of transmitting multichannel digital sound of higher quality started to appear.
The table below shows the formats of supported audio in different versions of the technology
As of 2015, Dolby Digital Plus (up to 5.1 channel)
Connecting devices via ARC-HDMI not only saves unnecessary wires, but also a cluster of remote controls. With it, you’ll be able to control the TV and the connected audio system with a single remote.
How to know if my TV supports ARC HDMI
ARC supports the vast majority of Smart TVs, even those models that have been discontinued as obsolete.
If your TV has HDMI version 1.4 and newer, most likely it has ARC support. And last year’s models with HDMI 2.1 already come with eARC.
Guessing is not our method. Take a look at the back of your TV. If you see a jack like the one on the picture below, that will answer your question.
How to connect a Smart TV to the audio device using HDMI-ARC interface
To use the Smart TV’s audio flip technology, you often need only to physically connect it to your audio device via HDMI-OUT(ARC) and HDMI-IN(ARC) jacks. But some models require a little extra configuration.
As an example, see how to enable HDMI-ARC on Samsung, LG, and Philips TVs.
On Samsung TVs, you must activate the HDMI-CEC Anynet protocol before connecting devices:
- Open the settings menu and go to “General.
- Select “External Device Manager.
- Switch “Anynet (HDMI-CEC)” to “On.
On some devices, the procedure is slightly different:
- Open settings.
- Go to “System” and then to “Expert Settings.
- Turn on Anynet (HDMI-CEC).
On LG televisions, the SIMPLINK function is responsible for sound transmission via HDMI reversal. To enable it:
- Go to General Settings, and then to the menu hidden behind the three dot button.
- Go to Audio. Output. Optical/HDMI(ARC) Output.
- Activate SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC).
Next, open “Digital Audio Output” and specify the desired audio output format.
On some LG TV models, the SIMPLINK setting has a different location.