How to install apps on the Apple Watch
- The first thing to do is go to the App Store on your Apple Watch with WatchOS 6. You can do this by simply tapping on the store icon, or if you’re lazy, ask Siri to run the app for you.
- Click on the search bar, then choose how you will search for the app you want. There are two ways: voice search or the Scribble feature for handwriting.
- Once you’ve finished typing the name of the app, click “Done” and then “get the app”.
- Tap on the “Password” option and enter it using the iPhone keyboard or use handwriting input. Then hit “Done” on your Apple Watch or “Back” on your iPhone. it all depends on what you drove the password from.
- Done! The app is already downloaded directly to the Apple Watch!
#Survey: watchOS 6 is killing Apple Watch batteries?
How to connect the Apple Watch to an Android smartphone
First of all, it’s worth noting that the Apple Watch can’t be connected to an Android gadget by pairing the device via Bluetooth. In this situation, the smart watch requires additional data for proper operation, which is present only on the Apple device with an authorized Apple ID. Nevertheless, a workaround has emerged that can still help connect an Android smartphone and a smartwatch.
- Aerlink: Wear Connect for iOS needs to be downloaded to your smartphone. The app works with BLE services to access and control iOS devices. Enables you to check the charge level, play audio or video recordings, and monitor calls. This is an official program from Google Play that does not hack the iWatch and will not harm the accessory.
- Install the BLE Utility on the Smart Watch. Universal assistant to mimic any Apple device. Allows you to connect to it via Bluetooth and does not require additional data.
The first step is to launch Aerlink and activate the iOS Service in it. Ignore disabling the notifications, as you will need them later.
Go to BLE Utility and open the Peripheral tab. Don’t touch the software again for now and move on.
Aerlink will now notify you that a new device has been detected. If it does not, then restart the application. When the message appears, just click on it, after which the Apple Watch will notify the user of a successful connection.
The capabilities of the watch will be limited, but the owner will be able to use the basic functions. For example:
- Receive a call alert on your watch;
- View your SMS from the Apple Watch;
- Will see incoming calls, but will not be able to answer them using the watch;
- Will be able to track the battery level of your smartphone.
Using the programs described above, it is quite realistic to combine Android Wear with the iPhone. Try this trick and you can easily use the smart watch in duet with your mobile device.
Using the Apple Watch without an iPhone
Apple Watch was originally a companion to “apple” phones, but now it is possible to use it without a smartphone of the same brand. In standalone mode, the Apple Watch has the following functions:
- Detecting the time, availability of a timer, enabling the alarm clock;
- Tracking workouts. running, walking and swimming. The modes preset on the watch remain operational;
- During your workout, the wrist accessory will count calories spent, workout time, distance traveled, or heart rate. However, the device will not make summary tables or store data in the memory;
- will help normalize your heart rate thanks to the Breathe app, which appeared in the third generation of the watch;
- monitoring of sleep. its duration, phases.
- the watch with sufficient memory can be loaded with your favorite songs and listened to through the headphones;
- payment for purchases;
- SIRI voice assistant, weather is available regardless of the connection to the phone.
The watch can do all of the above without connecting to a phone. But if you connect your phone to the Apple Watch, the latter will be able to connect to a wireless Internet network. but only to one of those networks that are available on your smartphone. In this case, the user is offered even more features.
The watch can now be used as a remote control and can be used to switch the TV, home theater, air conditioning and other appliances.
In 2019, smartwatches offer the most opportunities to communicate with friends, so even without syncing with your smartphone, you can access your profile. or Instagram to check for updates.
- Put the Apple Watch on your wrist
- To turn on the Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo is displayed.
- Bring your iPhone to the Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap “Continue”.
- On your smartphone, you need to download Aerlink: Wear Connect for iOS. The app works with BLE services to access and control iOS devices
- Install the BLE Utility on the Smart Watch. Versatile assistant to mimic any Apple device.
- Turn on and put on the Apple Watch
- Hold the Apple Watch up to your iPhone
- Position your iPhone above the animation.
- Set the watch as new or restore its data from a backup.
- Perform logins using your Apple ID
- Choose settings.
- Create a password.
- Select features and apps
To do this, go to the settings section and make sure the Bluetooth switch is in the on position. If the connection is fine, but no further calls are made, check the cellular settings and whether your iPhone can make calls without connecting to the Apple Watch.
Functionality is somewhat limited after this kind of pairing, but the watch will retain its basic functions, such as:
In any case, the question of how to connect the Apple Watch to Android has been successfully resolved, and this will be the right signal for developers.
Synchronizing iWatch with an Android device
At the moment all the working functions can be called basic, so we should expect the announced support for iOS and Android Wear platform or development of third-party developments. In any case, you can go to the store for a new Apple Watch. As always, everything is up to the user.
Roman Vladimirov, Apple product expert, manager of pedant.ru. Consultant appleiwatch website.name, co-author of articles. Works with Apple products for more than 10 years.
- Erase data from the Apple Watch.
- Set up your new iPhone and sign in to iCloud
- Open the Apple Watch app on the new iPhone and pair the watch with the new iPhone.
- Try to restore from backup copy.
You can’t use the Apple Watch in conjunction with a PC like you can with an iPhone or iPad. But Apple developers have provided the ability to unlock the Mac with the watch phone.
Forced minimum compatibility
But, as we said before, working with the watch will be completely limited. We can make and receive calls with no problem, and use some apps that work individually, without the need for an iPhone. And with the latest features given to it by watchOS, the watch has become much more independent with the built-in App Store.
Stop! And you can’t connect the Apple Watch to Android officially?
There is no official connection option
Not officially out. But if you can’t and badly want to, you can. albeit in a roundabout way.
Apple smart watches are officially only compatible with iPhones. Google Play is unlikely to offer an application for connecting your cherished gadget to the main competitor’s operating system.
The Apple Watch can’t be connected to an Android smartphone via Bluetooth to receive call and notification notifications like other smartwatches.
How to hack your Apple Watch to use it with your Android phone [i]
But can all this stop you??