How to connect your iPhone as a modem?
To use iPhone in modem mode via USB cable (use the native cable from the charger) in Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7 you must have Apple iTunes installed (you can download it for free from the official site), otherwise the connection will not appear.
First of all. the tariff plan
Before you set up modem mode on your iPhone, you must know that mobile operators are tricky companies, and giving away your Internet at the tariff must also be paid extra. So even if your tariff plan includes 4G-5G unlimited Internet, you will have to activate an additional Internet service. You can check about this with your operator.
It is better to clarify all the details before you start setting up the modem mode on your iPhone, because after its activation the operators may charge you more.
Connecting iPhone in Modem Mode to PC via Wi-Fi
After all the above steps you will be able to connect to the Internet from your PC through your iPhone.
How to distribute the internet from your iPhone via USB is explained in the following
To connect your iPhone in USB modem mode, connect it via Lightning to your PC and choose “Trust this computer” in the affirmative? Next, the PC will configure the network adapter, detect the new network and connect to it. Also via the new local network the PC will get access to the Internet.
If it doesn’t do so automatically, select your iPhone in the network settings and connect to it manually.
If your iPhone’s modem mode won’t turn on, go here.
Can I use my phone as a Wi-Fi adapter for my TV?
Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable, go to your phone’s settings section “Network Modem Settings” and activate the “USB Modem” option. Windows will automatically detect your phone as a network device.
But as it turns out, Android devices can share not only mobile Internet (EDGE, 3G, 4G), but also Wi-Fi. And that means you can make a full-fledged Wi-Fi adapter for your PC from your phone.
How to connect your iPhone to your computer as a USB modem without iTunes?
How to connect Android smartphone as USB modem
- Connect your phone to PC via USB. If it is a new device, wait until the installation of drivers is complete.
- Open the settings for your smartphone. Under “Wireless networks” (“Network”) find “Modem mode” (“Modem and hotspot”).
- Activate USB modem.
How do I use Bluetooth Modem Mode?
How you can use USB Modem mode
- Update iTunes.
- Connect your smartphone with modem function to PC via USB.
- Make sure that iTunes can recognize iOS.
- Open “System Settings”, then the “Network” field.
- Choose iPhone USB. If this option is not available, you should click on “”.
- Turn off the mode “Turn off if you don’t need it” in the “Status” field.
How you can use the modem function and connect to a PC via Wi-Fi
- On the device you’re going to connect, go to “Settings,” and then to the “Modem Mode” field, and make sure the feature is active.
- Check the password and the smartphone’s name. Wait for another gadget to connect to Wi-Fi.
- On the gadget you want to connect, select “Settings,” then the “Wi-Fi” field, and find the iPhone to pair in the list.
- Connect to Wi-Fi and enter the password, if you need to.
If you do everything correctly, you can easily and conveniently use your smartphone as a modem without any problems at any time.