A network adapter allows Sony Bravia HDTVs to access the internet wirelessly. It can be integrated or connected to the TV via USB input. Using the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) option, the receiver connects to your home network.
Built-in adapter helps you connect your Sony TV to Wi-Fi without any additional hardware. With this option you can easily access the Internet and use all the features and services of Smart TV.
Help! Availability of an adapter depends on the TV model. Either it’s available, or you buy it separately. Only the UWA BR100 is suitable for Sony TV.
The Sony Xperia can pair with your computer in two ways with a USB wire and a Wi-Fi wireless connection. To move content with the cable you can use the usual explorer or use special applications. Use the dedicated Media Go app for Windows or Sony Bridge for Mac to move, sort data, update, and sync your smartphone more easily.
USB connection instructions for Windows:
- Update or install drivers required for operation.
- Use the cord to connect the gadget to your computer.
- You’ll be notified that the SD card and internal drive are connected.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Wait until the drive and card appear as external drives.
- Use your mouse to drag and drop files between your smartphone and your computer.
- Download the official Sony Bridge app.
- Connect your gadget to your computer with a USB cable.
- Launch the app.
- Once connected, wait for the software to detect your device.
- Transfer files from your Mac to your device and vice versa via the app.
How to connect your phone to Windows via Wi-Fi:
- Turn on the multimedia mode on the smartphone (usually it is active by default).
- Connect the gadget to PC via wire.
- Once the phone icon appears on the screen, select Network Configuration and do everything according to the instructions.
- Once the pairing is complete, disconnect the cable.
How to connect iPhone to Sony Bravia TV via Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI
How to Connect an iPhone to a Sony Bravia TV? Sony is quite a popular company that specializes in the production of appliances and mobile gadgets. There are a lot of manuals and instructions for these devices, but not everywhere is it clear how to start the video from your mobile. In this article we will tell you about the ways and features of connecting iPhone to TV.
Options for connecting via wire
Wired ways to connect your Sony Xperia 1 to the TV are not the most convenient because of the use of cables, but at the same time, these options do not require advanced technical equipment TV receiver.
Sony Bravia Screen Mirroring- follow if you can’t mirror your phone. Activate Subtitle for more inf
This is the easiest way to connect the phone to the home screen. To implement it, the owner of the Sony Xperia 1 will need a USB cable, which comes with the device.
How to connect Sony Bravia TV with a Smartphone Wireless via Screen Mirroring | Screencast [Hindi]
Next, you need to insert one part of the cable into the smartphone and the other part into the TV receiver. Then you just open the TV menu using the remote control and select the USB port you want to use in the connection menu.
At the same time on the smartphone itself you confirm the data exchange with the TV by selecting the connection as a media device. If everything is done correctly, the TV receiver will identify Sony Xperia 1 as an external drive, and using the remote control you will play photos, audio and video on the TV screen.
This method is more complicated, but at the same time more functional. If the connection via USB to the owner of the device offers a basic set of features that allow you to perceive the Sony Xperia 1 as an external drive, while pairing via HDMI on the receiver screen will pop up a desktop smartphone, and will display the actions performed on the phone. In particular, the launch of certain programs.
The difficulty of this method is that the Sony Xperia 1 is not equipped with a HDMI port to connect to the TV. But this disadvantage can be bypassed with an MHL adapter or SlimPort. You can buy the appropriate accessory at an electronics store at a price of 200-300.
The connection will be as follows:
- Insert the USB plug of the MHL adapter or SlimPort into the smartphone.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect the similar plugs of the adapter and receiver.
- The TV settings are opened and then the list of available connections.
- Selects the HDMI port that is engaged.
If everything is done correctly, the desktop Sony Xperia 1 will be displayed on the screen of the TV receiver. After that, you can manipulate the smartphone and the movements will be displayed on the TV receiver.
Connection options via wire
Wired ways of connecting Sony Xperia L (Black) to the TV are not the most convenient due to the use of cables, but at the same time, these options do not require advanced technical equipment TV-receiver.
This is the easiest way to connect your phone to your home screen. To implement it, the owner of the Sony Xperia L (Black) will need a USB cable, which comes with the device.
Then it is necessary to insert one part of the cable into the smartphone and the other part into the TV-receiver. After that you will need to open the TV menu using the remote control and select the involved USB-port in the connection menu.
At the same time on the smartphone itself confirms data exchange with the TV, selecting the connection as a media device. If everything is done correctly, the TV receiver will identify Sony Xperia L (Black), as an external drive and using the remote control you will play photos, audio and video on the TV screen.
This method is more complicated, but at the same time more functional. If the connection via USB gives the owner of the devices a basic set of features to perceive the Sony Xperia L (Black) as an external drive, then when pairing via HDMI the receiver screen will display the desktop smartphone, as well as display the actions performed on the phone. In particular, the launch of certain programs.
The difficulty of this method is that Sony Xperia L (Black) is not equipped with an HDMI port to connect to the TV. But this drawback can be bypassed with an MHL or SlimPort adapter. You can buy the appropriate accessory at an electronics store for 200-300.
The connection will be as follows:
- The USB plug from the MHL adapter or SlimPort is inserted into the smartphone.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect similar connectors on the adapter and receiver.
- Then you open the TV settings and the list of available connections.
- Select the HDMI connector you want to use.
How to CONNECT iPhone to Sony TV! Watch anything on your iPhone on the TV by SCREEN MIRRORING!
If everything is done correctly, the desktop Sony Xperia L (Black) will be displayed on the screen of the TV receiver. After that you can manipulate the smartphone and the movements will be displayed on the TV-receiver.
Sony Xperia Z (C6603) is a complete multimedia device, which in standard use scenarios does not require synchronization with home appliances. But sometimes you need to connect your smartphone to the TV to access the following features:
- Watching videos on the big screen;
- Listening to music through the TV speakers;
- Gameplay on the screen of the TV receiver;
- Displaying the smartphone‘s desktop on the TV;
- wireless control of the TV.
The owner of Sony Xperia Z (C6603) can add to the list presented, showing his own imagination. But the fact remains that the connection of the phone to the TV is a feature that the developers have built into the Sony Xperia Z (C6603).
To set up a connection between the two devices, you can use several methods of synchronization. Both wired and wireless options are considered. The choice of a particular method depends on various reasons, including the technical equipment of the house, as well as the functionality of the TV. Therefore, it is advisable to consider all possible methods before connecting.
Display the picture via HDMI
There’s a corresponding jack in every TV. The result is a juicy picture.
You need to purchase an additional adapter for your iPhone. Selectable, depending on the phone model:
The procedure is also very fast. The whole process is automated. Manual setup is necessary when errors occur. Select the HDMI connector in the synchronization sources.
Let’s see. Let’s take a look at this free screen mirroring app that allows you to mirror your iPhone on a PC wirelessly. There are several practical features, including screen mirroring, screen recording, creating screen shots and an interactive whiteboard. In addition, you can conveniently view files on your phone.
All you have to do is voice and command “Okay, Google, turn on the TV.”.”And that’s how you turn on your TV with Google Assistant.
Why connect your phone to your TV
You can also connect your phone to your Sony TV. The main advantages of this connection:
- If the phone screen seems very small for viewing photos, once connected to the TV, this problem is solved.
- Just because your TV doesn’t have Wi-Fi doesn’t mean you can’t watch YouTube videos on it. If you connect your phone to the TV, you can watch movies from the network on the big screen.
- Watching video on the phone screen is not very convenient. The image is bigger on plasma TV.
- Games on your phone are much brighter and bigger when you move them to your Sony TV.
- If you’re presenting something, you’ll see it better on the big screen than on a small phone.
- Not all the sites have support for mobile viewing, it’s convenient to watch them on the TV.