How to connect your TV through a LAN?
You can connect your TV to your computer directly through the LAN socket. To do this, we’ll need a network cable. Note: There may be a slight complication here. the usual “straight” ethernet cable may not work, although modern network cards are able to sort of “flip” the cable logically.
- Press HOME on the remote control.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Network in the Network and Accessories category.
- Choose Network Setup.
- Select Just.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select a connection method.
How to connect your computer to your TV in Windows 7.
Today I’m going to show you how to activate the TV connection to your computer in Windows 7.
- The sequence of actions in previous versions is similar to this one, but some menu items may be different.In order for the computer to be able to broadcast the video on the TV, you need to instruct it.Right-click, context menu and select screen resolution.
- It opens a folder where you can change your screen settings.Now we see an icon of just one displaying device.And there is only one item in the drop-down list of the screen.To activate it, click the triangle at the end of the line.And we can see only one screen.
- Connecting your TV to your computer.Also click the right mouse button and call a context menu and select the screen resolution.Once the TV is connected, we see that another icon appears.And in the drop-down menu “screen” appears another device.In addition, there is another line “multiple screens”, it contains several items.
- For watching movies on the TV there are two items:. duplicate these screens. display the desktop on the second screen only.Which one you choose is a matter of convenience.Before selecting the desired item you will need to reduce the resolution of the monitor to television resolution.In my case it is 1024×768, you can do this by opening a drop-down menu.And use the slider to set the resolution you want.Next, select the desired item in the line “multiple screens”, I choose the item duplicate these screens.After that press the “apply” button.
- After clicking “save changes”.
- Now we are done with video, let’s move on to sound.To get to the sound setup program, you need to open the “my computer” folder.Next open the “control panel”.If you click on the right arrow on the control panel in the path bar, you will open a list of folders.Select the top line “all items in the control panel”.
- It is in this folder is the sound control program.In my case it is “CMI Audio Config”.If you don’t have such a program, search for it by keywords.
- Open it.We are interested in the area called Audio JACK.This area contains all the possible connections that the setup program can control.In the upper box is a visual representation of the rear patch panel.It shows six Mini Jacks in the same color as they really are.If my microphone and speakers are connected to the orange and green connector, then this is how they will be reflected in this area.Here you can find only analog connections.
- If you click on the arrows to the right and left of the sockets, the context menu will open.Here you can select the type of signal that will be transmitted through this connector.The analog part of the audio jack area can be useful only if you do not have a headphone output, which is located on the computer speakers.If you do not have one, you must plug the cable into any connector on the back panel and click on the arrow next to it.Select the item “Earphone/Headset”.If it is necessary to mute any connector, you can click on the arrow and select “unused/undefined”.
You can activate the digital audio connection in the connection area “digital i/o”.The principle is the same.Press the arrow next to the connector, the context menu opens.In this case it consists of three items.To watch movies you need to select Dolby Digital.
How to connect LG TV to the Internet via LAN cable
The functionality of modern LG televisions allows you to use them not only to watch TV channels, but also as a multimedia entertainment center: watch movies and TV series, as well as listening to music on streaming services, download to your TV games and other applications. All this is possible thanks to the Smart TV function.
In order to fully enjoy all the features of LG TV, you need to connect it to the Internet. It can be done in several ways, both wirelessly with Wi-Fi, and through a LAN cable. Recently, most TV owners prefer a wireless method, but sometimes due to various conditions it is not possible. There is also an important advantage of connecting via LAN-cable: the Internet signal is more reliable and stable, the chance of interference is much lower than with a wireless connection.
Connecting your TV LG Smart TV To the internet with a cable LANHere’s a step-by-step guide
You can connect your TV with a network cable in two ways: via a router or directly. The first method is preferred. Here’s what to do:
- A network cable is usually supplied with your TV or router.
- Connect the cable to the corresponding sockets of the router and the LG TV (RJ-45). On LG televisions, it’s on the back and is labeled with the acronym LAN.
- Wait until the “Wired network connection established” warning lights up on the TV screen, this indicates that your TV is connected to the Internet and all its features can be used without restrictions.
- For some LG TV models released before 2018, you may need to manually activate the connection. To do this, press the Smart button on the remote control of your TV. In the menu that opens, select the “Network” menu, then select “Setup connection” and activate the “Wired network. Confirm the action by clicking on the “Done” button.
If you don’t have a router, you can also connect LG Smart TV directly. You first need to check if your ISP uses a dynamic IP (DHCP), as this is the only option.
The TV will not work with PPoE, L2TP or PPTP connections. In this case you must use the TV connection to the Internet via a router.
The connection algorithm is the same: connect a LAN cable to the TV connector and, depending on the model, wait until the connection is automatically activated, or activate it manually in the TV settings menu.
ISPs rarely use a static IP connection. In this case it is also possible to connect TV to the Internet using a LAN cable, but you have to specify IP and DNS addresses manually in the settings.
How to connect your LG TV to the Internet with a LAN cable
The functionality of modern LG TVs allows you to use them not only to watch TV channels, but also as a multimedia entertainment center: watch movies and TV series, as well as listening to music on streaming services, downloading games and other applications to your TV. All this is possible thanks to the Smart TV function.
In order to enjoy the full capabilities of your LG TV, you need to connect it to the Internet. It can be done in several ways, either wirelessly with Wi-Fi or via a LAN cable. Lately, most TV owners prefer the wireless method, but sometimes due to various conditions it is not possible. Besides the LAN-cable connection has an important advantage: the Internet signal will be more reliable and stable, the chance of interference is much lower than with a wireless connection.
Connecting your TV LG Smart TV To the Internet with a cable LAN: step-by-step instructions
You can connect your TV with a network cable in two ways: via your router or directly. The first method is preferable. Here’s what you need to do to do it:
- A network cable is usually supplied with your TV or router.
- Connect the cable to the appropriate connectors on the router and LG TV (RJ-45). LG televisions have this cable on the back and it is marked with the abbreviation LAN.
- Wait until the warning “Wired connection established” lights up on the TV screen, this means that your TV is connected to the Internet, and you can use all its features without restriction.
- For some LG TV models released before 2018, you may need to manually activate the connection. To do this, press the Smart button on your TV remote. In the menu that opens, select the “Network” section, then find the “Setup connection” item and activate the “Wired network. Confirm the action by clicking on the “Done” button.
If you have no router, you can also connect LG Smart TV directly. You first need to check if your ISP uses dynamic IP (DHCP), because this is the only way to make a connection.
Your TV will not work with PPoE, L2TP or PPTP connections. In this case you need to use the TV connection to the Internet via a router.
The connection algorithm is the same: connect the LAN cable to the TV connector and, depending on the model, wait until the connection is activated automatically, or activate it manually through the TV settings menu.
In rare cases Internet service providers use static IP. In this case it is also possible to connect the TV to the Internet via a LAN cable, but you will have to set the IP and DNS addresses manually in the settings.
How to connect your TV to the Internet
To access the internet, you need to determine what model of TV you have, and whether it has a built-in Wi-Fi module. There are several ways to connect your TV to the Internet:
- Using a Wi-Fi network;
- via a network cable;
- Via a router;
- Using a media adapter;
- Using a PC or laptop;
- Using the WPS system;
- using a PLC adapter.
All Smart TVs have built-in modules for wired connection, so if you have such a TV, you won’t have to buy any additional devices or wires.
Using a Wi-Fi network
Using a wireless network has two significant advantages that make this method optimal:
But there is a disadvantage: unstable quality of high definition streaming in the presence of wireless access points around.
To connect your TV using a Wi-Fi network, you need to do the following:
- To switch on your TV-panel and to enter “Setting” settings.
- Then go to the tab “Network” and select “Network connection.
- Then you can choose if you want to connect via cable or wirelessly. Press “Configure connection”.
- In the list find your Wi-Fi, select it and enter the password.
- Press “OK” and wait for connection.
- When done, click “Finish” and you can use it.
For some TV models, the setup process will look different:
- Press “Advanced settings” in “Settings”.
- Then go to “Network” and click “Connect to Wi-Fi network.
- Choose your Internet connection from the list and enter your password.
From the disadvantages of wireless connection to the Internet can be allocated instability of the image when using streaming services, such as watching movies or IPTV, as well as possible freezes when loaded wireless channel.
Connecting through a network cable
To set up the Internet on your TV, follow these steps:
- Plug one end of the cable into LAN port on the TV-panel and the other end into the router.
- If, in addition to the TV-panel, a computer will be connected to the Internet, you will need a splitter.
- Press “Home” on the remote control, then “Settings” and go to “Network.
- Select “Network connection” and press “Connection to wired network.
- After a while, the connection will be made.
Through a cable connected to the router
Your router lets you create a local network in your apartment, to which you can connect phones, tablets, computers, or laptops, as well as your TV. Activate DHCP-server function in router settings and then connect TV-panel automatically (all settings will be copied by default). To connect your TV through a router, you need to use a network cable and do the following:
- One end of the wire connects to the router in the LAN port.
- Pull the free end of the cable from the router to the TV.
- A window will open to let you know the connection is established. You don’t need to do anything, it will shut down quickly by itself.
- Select “Settings” on the TV remote control.
- From the menu, find “Network” and click “Wired over Ethernet”.
If you’re in doubt about whether you can connect your TV to the Internet via modem yourself, then call a master adjuster.
Using a media set-top box
A modern media set-top box will allow you to connect your TV to the Internet quickly and without any problems. Modern Android TV set-top boxes have many advantages:
- user-friendly interface;
- compact look;
- many programs to choose from;
- low cost;
- Built-in popular user programs.
The set-top box can be connected to the Internet with a wire through the LAN port. But as a rule, modern Android set-top boxes have a built-in Wi-Fi module, which will allow you to use a wireless type of connection.
Using a PC or laptop
You’ll be able to use your TV as a large monitor by connecting it to your PC or laptop via DLNA. Thanks to this method it will become much more convenient and comfortable to play and use graphics programs.
To set up DLNA you’ll need the Smart Share program, which can be downloaded free of charge from the appropriate resource and installed on your computer. When installing, use the standard autosettings and agree with everything. After installation, perform:
- On the notification panel of your computer, right-click on the program icon and select “Program Settings”.
- Set the switch to the enabled position and click “Apply”.
- This opens access to files on your computer, and they can be displayed on your LG.
Smart TV can work via internet using WPS. The user will need to follow a few simple steps:
- Go to “Menu” and select “Connect,” then “Connect via WPC”.
- Quickly press the “WPC” button on the router for 2 minutes.
- In a second you will have a connection.
Using a PLC adapter
The PLC adapter is designed to extend the existing local network in your home, but it won’t be able to connect to an ISP directly. Adapter allows you to connect all the gadgets to the Internet without using cables. It works like this: the adapter connects wirelessly to the Internet, receives a signal from it, and then transmits it to the devices.
How to Broadcast Video from Computer to TV Using HDMI?
Connect your computer (laptop) to your TV using an HDMI cable. Plug one end of the cord into your computer’s HDMI out and the other end of the cord into your TV’s HDMI input. To avoid a decrease in image and sound quality, do not connect the DVI output (through an adapter) of the computer to the television HDMI input, and vice versa.
- On your compatible computer, turn on the Wi-Fi feature
- Press the Windows logo key and the C key at the same time.
- Select the Devices icon.
- Select Project.
- Select Add a display.
- Select Add a Device.
- Select the model number of your TV.
How to connect your TV to your computer via a router over a LAN cable: settings on your TV
Sometimes you want to watch a movie or play a game on a big TV screen, since the monitor is comparatively small and tires your eyes very quickly. Besides, you don’t want to wait until the film you want is shown on one of the leading channels.
In this case, resort to such a procedure as to connect your TV to your computer using a LAN cable. This even allows you to watch IPTV on your TV without paying for cable or satellite TV. For this, first of all, you need a TV that supports DLNA or Ethernet technology.
In this material will be considered, what cable to connect the router and TV and how to connect the TV to the computer through the router over the lan cable.
What you need to connect your TV to your computer
To connect TV to router via cable, you must have the following things:
- A TV that has an RJ-54 (LAN) type cable insertion slot in its circuit board;
- Personal computer or laptop, which has a network card;
- Network cable for the LAN.
Important! In the second item do not fit integrated network cards, but if the Internet connection is not necessary at all times, then they will do. The computer cable must also be long enough, because in the case of a short wire will have to move and carry one of the devices.
Implementing a LAN connection between the computer and the TV
As mentioned above, it is advisable to buy a full-fledged network card and insert it into a special PCI slot on the motherboard of your PC. In addition, it is inexpensive. Sometimes in the process of installation of new hardware parts of the PC we can face problems with the lack of drivers. They can be solved either by the system itself after turning on the computer, or by independently installing additional programs from the disc that came with the package, or downloaded from the manufacturer’s official site. In the store you can also buy a LAN cable of the right length, which will be crimped on both sides with special connectors.
If all the parts are assembled, you can proceed with the connection. To do this, you must plug one end of the cable into the RJ45 slot of the computer, and the other end into the same LAN port of the TV set. Most often it is located on the back of the TV, where the power, speakers and other paraphernalia are connected.
After connection we perform its adjustment. To do this, you can use specialized software to broadcast video and audio from your computer to your TV. Often they are specific and are only suitable for setting up TV from one manufacturer. One of the software, which works well on many devices, is the Home Media Server. It’s got lots of flexible settings, and a feature which allows you to make an IPTV broadcast directly to your TV.
To work with the software is very easy: to download a movie to it, just drag it from your desktop or any other folder into the program window. After that, everything is ready for broadcasting and all you have to do is to press the “Start” button. On the TV a window will appear with the choice of the source, in which you should select “AllShare HMS”. This brings the configuration to an end. The interface to choose the necessary clip will appear on your TV.
Important ! The software not only lets you watch videos and broadcast them to your TV screen. You can also view photos from your hard drive or flash drive, as well as listen to music.
Watching IPTV on your TV from your computer
Viewing IPTV is a little more complicated, but also quite realistic, even for a beginner. First you need to download and install the VLC Media Player program from the official site of the developer (taking into account that HMS is previously installed and configured).
It is necessary to notice that also other player will approach, but the best solution will be exactly VLC and it is really necessary, as Server will take a video stream from it. After installing the player, you need to bind it to the Home Media Server. For this:
- Starts HMS;
- You go to Settings. Media Resources. Internet Resources;
- In a special column you need to write the path to the folder, where the player was previously installed;
- In the folder where you installed IPTV from the provider there is a file with the extension.m3u;
- The file is transferred to the program window, namely to the folder “Internet TV” on the left side of the main interface;
- Navigate to Settings. Transcoder. Transcoding Profile;
- It selects the “Internet TV” incoming stream;
- HMS restarts, and in the folder “Internet TV” on the TV there is a list of available channels.
Important! If the folder with the installed IPTV was not.m3u file, you can find and download it from the Internet at the site of your own or strange Internet provider
Choosing the router
What are the differences between 3G and 4G networks: the features, advantages and disadvantages
Some people after that will have a question: how to connect the TV to the router via LAN cable, and which router to choose. Fortunately, the problems that can arise when choosing a router are very few. All modern routers cope with this on “hurrah”. Therefore, if there is already a router at home, it is easy to connect to it. The main rule: the router should contain more than one LAN-port for connecting external consuming devices, to connect the TV and a personal computer or laptop.
The scheme of connecting TV to the PC via LAN cable through the router is not complicated at all. Here everything is standard:
- Turn on the router by connecting it to a socket with a power cord;
- Connect the WAN-cable of the provider, which feeds the Internet with the router via a special WAN-socket;
- Take one LAN cable and use it to connect the computer and the router via RJ-45 connectors on the network card and on the back of the device respectively;
- Take the second LAN-cable and connect it to the TV and the router via the RJ-45 sockets on the back of the TV and a free port on the back of the router;
Connecting directly, with a network cable from your ISP
Here everything is practically the same as in the previous method. If your ISP uses “Dynamic IP” connection technology (you can check with support). Then just connect the cable to the TV and everything works.
But if the technology is PPPoE, then there is a little bit more complicated. For example, on my LG 32LN575U it is not possible to set up such a connection. There is only one option here, to install a router and raise the connection on it. Use a cable or Wi-Fi to connect the TV.
But as far as I know, for example, some Samsung TVs know how to pick up a PPPoE connection. See specifications, check with the manufacturer.
Set the static IP and DNS on the TV
Probably you will need to set static IP and DNS for LAN networking (ISP can also use this technology). You can do it. I show you how
Go to Smart TV and select the network icon (you can do it via settings).
Click on the Configure Connection button.
Select the Manual Setup button.
Choose the “Wired” button.
Next, set the IP and DNS settings manually. Press Ok.
The TV will build a network map and display the result of the connection to the Internet. Like this (you may have a different map, this is normal):
Click Finish. Wired network with static IP is set up.
The provider binds by MAC address. Where to look MAC in TV?
If your provider binds by MAC address and the Internet is already bound to the computer, you probably can’t connect it to the TV. We need the ISP to change the binding to the MAC address of the TV.
In this case, we need to know the MAC address of our TV. You can usually do this in the settings.
In the LG 32LN575U, on the Support tab, Inf. about the product/service.
That’s all. If you have any questions, ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев! Have a nice day!