ways to transfer information to a new iPhone.
You got a brand new iPhone? Congratulations on your purchase! Now you’re probably facing the challenge of “How to transfer all the information from your old device to your new?”. Today we will share 3 convenient ways, so that everyone can find the most suitable for themselves.
Using the “Quick Start” function
This feature will help you quickly set up your new iOS device and transfer data from your current device. Note that this method requires iOS 11 or later to be used on your current device.
It’s simple you just need to place both devices next to each other and follow the instructions:
- Turn on your new iPhone and place it next to the one you’re using.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- The current iPhone will display a “Quick Start” screen and prompt you to use your Apple ID to set up the new device. Make sure it’s your Apple ID and click Continue.
- Next, an animation will appear on the screen of the new iPhone. Hold the device you’re using over the new device so the animation is in the center of the viewfinder.
- Wait for the “Complete on the new [device]” message. When you’re prompted by the new device, enter the password for the old one on the new device.
- Next, follow the instructions for setting up Face ID and other features.
- Turn on your new device and wait for the welcome screen.
- Then follow the tips on the display until the Wi-Fi screen appears.
- Connect to Wi-Fi and follow the instructions until the “Programs and Data” screen appears, then select “Restore from iCloud copy“.
- Log in to iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- When prompted, select backup.
- If you made purchases from the iTunes Store or App Store from more than one Apple ID, you will need to sign in to each, and the device will prompt you to do so if necessary.
- If you forgot your password, you can skip this step by selecting “No Apple ID or forgot it?”.
- Make sure you do not lose the connection until the restore process is complete; once it is complete, complete the remaining setup steps.
- If possible, keep your new device connected to power and Wi-Fi after setup, which will allow you to automatically download apps, photos, music, and other content from iCloud to your device.
- Turn on your new device and wait for the Welcome screen.
- Follow the instructions on the display until the “Programs and Data” screen appears, then select “Restore from iTunes copy” and “Next”.
- Connect your new device to the computer that backed up your old device.
- On your computer, open iTunes and select the desired device.
- Click Restore from backup and select the desired backup.
- If the selected backup is encrypted, you will be prompted to enter the password.
- Make sure the connection is not lost until the restore process is complete, once it is complete, complete the remaining setup steps.
- If possible, keep your new device connected to a power source and Wi-Fi network after setup, so you can automatically download apps, photos, music, and other content from iCloud to it.
How to Transfer Information from Android?
If this is the first time you’ve decided to use your iPhone and you’ve used Android devices before, you don’t have to worry about transferring information, you won’t have to manually enter it. For this procedure, Apple suggests using the Move to iOS app, which is available on Google Play.
- First, install the app on the Android device you want to transfer data from.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the Android.
- Turn on your new iPhone and open the “apps and data” screen. Then select “Transfer data from Android”.
- On your Android device, open Move to iOS and follow the instructions until the “Find Code” button appears in the upper right corner of the screen tap it.
- On your iOS device, press “Continue” and wait for the 10- or 6-digit code to appear.
- You may get a message on your Android device that its Internet connection is poor, but you should ignore it.
- Enter the code on your Android device that appears on your iPhone screen. Wait until the “Transferring data” screen appears.
- On your Android device, select the necessary content that you plan to transfer to your iPhone and click “Next”. Note, if your Android device suddenly displays a completion notice, ignore it until your iOS device is completely finished.
- Transferring information may take some time depending on the amount of content, so it’s a good idea to allow both devices to be fully charged, or to have them powered up for the duration of the process.
And if you want to quickly transfer data from your old device to your new iPhone and not waste your precious time trying to figure it out, one of our certified specialists will be happy to come to your aid. You can perform this data migration service in any of our stores, while you mind your own business or have a cup of aromatic coffee while your iPhone moves to its new home under the supervision of experienced professionals. We’re always happy to help!
Transfer your SIM card or contact your operator
Users are most worried about their stored contacts and phone number, so the SIM card is the first thing they need to pay attention to.
- Check if the card is the same size as the tray of the new device. if so, remove the SIM card and install it in the smartphone you bought.
- If the card doesn’t fit the purchase, contact the mobile operator’s office for a replacement SIM.
- It’s also advisable to go to sales outlets if the SIM is larger than necessary. trimming takes a minute and costs pennies.
In some cases of iPhone purchases at specialty stores, the correct cards come bundled. this bonus works solely at the discretion of the store.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud or iTunes
You can directly transfer all the data from the current iPhone to the new iPhone without iCloud or iTunes, using the phone’s Quick Start feature.
Transferring data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud or iTunes
If you have enough storage space available in your iCloud account, you can manually back up your phone to iCloud at any time and use that backup to transfer all your data to your new iPhone.
If your iCloud account doesn’t have enough storage space, you can download a backup of your current iPhone to your computer and use the backup to transfer data to your new iPhone using iTunes.
The third option, known as Quick Start, allows you to directly transfer data from your old iPhone to your new one without having to use iCloud or iTunes backups.
To use Quick Start, your Old and New phone must be running on iOS 12.4 or later and connect to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Transferring data to a new iPhone using Quick Start
Quick Start uses the Wi-Fi network to verify Apple ID and the Bluetooth network to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone.
Consequently, make sure your current iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth networks, and follow these steps to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new one.
Remove the SIM card from your current or old iPhone and insert it into the new iPhone.
Then press and hold the power button on your new iPhone until you see it start with the white Apple logo. After a few seconds, you’ll see a Hello screen asking you to set up the new iPhone.
Follow the instructions on the screen until you get to the Quick Start screen.
In this step, place the new iPhone next to the unlocked old iPhone (the closer, the better). The Configure New iPhone pop-up window should appear on the old iPhone screen.
Make sure your Apple ID is correct, and tap Continue. To move to the next screen.
You should now see an animated image appear on the screen of the new iPhone, prompting you to place that image into the frame of the old iPhone.
Hold the old iPhone over the new iPhone and use the viewfinder to scan and center the image until the message Ready on New iPhone appears on the old iPhone screen.
How To Transfer Everything from Your Old iPhone to iPhone 13 and 13 Pro
Now unlock the new iPhone by entering your old iPhone screen lock password.
Then you can select the FaceID/Touch ID setup option or click Setup Later. On the next screen, select Transmit from iPhone.
Follow the further set of instructions on the screen until you see the message Preparing to transfer on the new iPhone screen.
Patiently wait for the transfer process to complete.
Once the process is complete, all of the types of data you selected during the on-screen prompts should become available on the new iPhone.
How to transfer using iTunes
To transfer data via iTunes, you’ll need to download it to your computer, then launch the resource and follow the steps below:
- Connect your old gadget to your PC and wait until it is detected by the program.
- Click on the icon of iPhone, and then go to the tab “My Computer.
- Select the “Create a copy now” line and confirm the action by pressing the key in the field that pops up.
- Reset the settings in the new device to the factory settings, and then click “Restore copy from iTunes” on the start screen.
- A window will appear in the program menu, where you should select the “Restore from backup” line and confirm the action by clicking “Continue”.
After that you just need to wait for the completion of data synchronization.
Thus, transferring data from one iPhone to another is nothing difficult. Just select the most convenient way of porting and perform a number of simple actions. make a number of successful settings!
After buying a new smartphone, active Apple tech users immediately transfer all of their favorite apps, data and other content to it. Previously, computers with the iTunes app installed were used to do this, later there was a more convenient way with a backup in the cloud.
Not everyone knows that the Cupertinians have come up with an even easier and more convenient way to copy data. Here’s how it works.
#x1f4cd; Thanks re:Store for useful information. #x1f44c;
How to transfer information from iPhone to iPhone
The main way to transfer information from iPhone to iPhone is the “Quick Start” feature. The feature works without iTunes and transfers all data to the new device without a USB connection. Both smartphones should be connected to the same Wi-Fi, be close by and turned on at all times.
Remove the SIM card from the old phone and insert it into the new one.
Put your devices side-by-side and switch on your new iPhone while keeping your old one powered on. Previously, it had to be reset to factory settings or not used at all.
Turn on Bluetooth on both devices. After that a window will appear on the old smartphone, in which you will be prompted to transfer all the data and log into the new smartphone through your AppleID. Press “Next.”. If there is no button, check for Bluetooth.
When the animation appears on the new one, pick up the old one and point it at the new one with your camera. If it doesn’t work, then select the “manual authentication” option and follow the instructions on the screen.
You will also need to enter the password for the current device and come up with a password for the new one. After that, Face ID or Touch ID will be set up.
One of the last steps is to enter the passwords of all the devices that are tied to your Apple ID, including the Apple Watch if you have one.
After that, you can begin the transfer process. It is done through the last backup. If you don’t have one, it’s best to update it through iTunes or iCloud, which is a higher priority option. After the transfer, you can use the new smartphone.
Unlink the connected devices
When transferring the data, or rather after completing this procedure, it becomes necessary to unlink the old smartphone from iCloud and AppleID. In addition, the user can easily decide to sell the old gadget to a stranger. Before doing this, it is worth carefully making sure that all the necessary data has already been transferred to the new address or is in the storage.
So, in order to unlink the old smartphone, you need to follow this chain of actions:
- Go to iCloud.
- Make a copy of required data.
- Sign out or delete your account, then sign out.
- Now you should go to the settings menu. There’s a Basic section, then Reset. The “Erase content and settings” button will be offered. All the data, files and programs installed on the device will be permanently deleted. It will also disable related services.
- In order for the new owner to be able to use the iPhone, you must contact the mobile operator for its reprogramming.
Transferring data from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes
iTunes. Is the traditional way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Apple released iTunes in 2001 as a media library. Users can purchase music, videos, and apps from iTunes. As Apple is constantly introducing new features, iTunes has become the mobile device manager. When transferring everything from iPhone to iPhone, you should be aware of the following tips:
iTunes. Is a desktop application available for Windows and Mac computers. You need to download and install it on your computer. But don’t worry; you can download it for free from Apple’s website.
What you can sync with iTunes includes albums, music, playlists, videos, movies, books, podcasts, audiobooks, contacts, photos, calendars. iTunes cannot back up content from iTunes and the App Store, files synced from iTunes, photos stored in the cloud, Touch ID settings, information, and Apply Pay preferences. If you want to back up your activity, uptime and keychain data, you should use an encrypted iTunes backup.
It uses a USB cable to transfer data between your iOS device and your computer.
Now you can understand that there are different ways to transfer purchased content and other data using iTunes.
Path 1: How to sync purchased content from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes
To transfer purchased music or videos from your iPhone to your iPhone, open a new version of iTunes, expand your Account menu, and click Sign In. Enter your Apple ID that you use to purchase content on your iOS device.
Go to “Account” “Authorization” and click “Authorize this computer”. Then use the Lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your computer, go to the “File” menu in the upper left corner, select “Devices,” and click “Transfer Purchases from [device]” to upload your iPhone purchases to your iTunes media library.
Then delete the previous iPhone and connect the new iPhone to the computer. In the iTunes main interface, click the iPhone icon on the top ribbon, click the “Summary” tab, and check “Manually manage music and video” under “Options. If you want to sync music from your iPhone to your iPhone, go to the “Music” tab in the “Summary” section, select the songs you want and drag and drop them into the “On My Device” area in the left column.
Note. This method is available for movies, TV shows, podcasts, audiobooks, and other purchased music and videos. over, if you choose the automatic sync feature on the Summary tab, all of your shopping content will be synced to your new iPhone, and your existing data will be deleted. This method can also transfer data from iPad to iPad.
Way 2: How to transfer information from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes
If you’ve enabled Wi-Fi sync in “iTunes” “Browse” “Options”, put your iPhone and computer on the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, connect the old iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
Click the “Device” icon after iTunes recognizes your iPhone, then click the “Info” tab and check the boxes for “Synchronize Contacts,” “Synchronize Calendars,” “Mail Account,” and other data as desired. After you click “Apply”, the information will be sent to your computer.
Step 3. Wait until the process is complete, disconnect your old iPhone, and then connect your new iPhone to your computer. Then sync the relevant information from the computer to the new iPhone. Congratulations, you’ve now completed the iPhone to iPhone information transfer.
Way 3: How to transfer material from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes backup
Use the Lightning cable to connect your old iPhone to your computer. Run the latest version of iTunes and click the “Device” icon in the upper left corner after your device is recognized.
Click on the “Summary” tab in the left column and go to the “Backups” area in the right window. Be sure to select the “This computer” option, and then click the “Back up now” button to back up everything on your old iPhone.
Step 3. Wait for the process to complete, delete the old iOS device and then connect the new iPhone to your computer.
Also go to the “Summary” tab on the left and click “Restore Backup” in the “Backups” area. Select the last backup file in the pop-up dialog box and click the “Restore” button to start transferring everything to the new iPhone.
Note. If you have data on your new iPhone, you’d better back it up first, as this will delete all existing data on your target iPhone. Backing up iTunes is also a good option for transferring an old iPad to a new iPad.
How to share photos between iPhones using iPhone Transfer
Apparently iTunes and iCloud have some unavoidable drawbacks when sharing photos between iPhones. Here’s why some people are looking for ways to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes or without iCloud. As of now, we recommend Apeaksoft iPhone Transfer, which has more advantages, such as:
- Easy to use. This iPhone transfer app allows you to transfer images from iPhone to iPhone in one click. Even novice users can figure it out in seconds.
- Two-way transfer. With iPhone Transfer, you can share photos from iPhone to iPhone / iPad, from iPhone to computer, and simply add photos from computer to iPhone.
- Preview for selective syncing. It has the ability to display all the photos saved on your iPhone. Users can view, manage and transfer certain photos from iPhone to iPhone.
- No damage to existing photos. The app will not corrupt or interrupt current photos on old and new iPhones during transfer. And all photos will be saved to the target iPhone in their original quality and formats.
- Faster and safer. It uses a physical connection to share photos between iPhones, which is faster and safer and does not require an internet connection.
- Higher Compatibility. iPhone transfer works for iPhone X / 8 / 8 Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 6 / 6s / 5 / 5c / 5s / 4, iPad Pro / Air / Mini or earlier generation and iPod Touch.
- There are two versions, one for Mac OS and one for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / XP.
In short, it’s the best way to transfer photos from an old iPhone to a new iPhone without iTunes / iCloud.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone with iPhone Transfer
Step 1. Connect your iPhones to iPhone Transfer
Download the right version of the best iPhone transfer app depending on your operating system and install it on your computer. Connect your old and new iPhone to your computer using the Apple Lightning cable. Once you start iPhone Transfer, it will automatically recognize both devices.
Tip: To avoid data loss and damage to your device, it’s best to use original USB cables or products approved by Apple.
Step 2. Preview the photos on your old iPhone before transferring them
Click the name of the old iPhone on the left sidebar and select the “Photos” tab to display all the photos on the old iPhone. You can preview them in the right detailed window. If you want to get rid of unwanted photos first, select them and click “Delete” on the top ribbon.
Step 3. Transferring photos from your old iPhone to your new iPhone
Hold down the Ctrl key on Windows or the Cmd key on a Mac and select all the photos you want to transfer to your new iPhone. Click “Export to” and choose “Export to [new iPhone name]. After a few minutes, the photos on your old iPhone will sync with your new iPhone. Then disconnect both iDevices from your computer. Now unlock your new iPhone and go to the Photos app to see if all the photos you want are downloaded.
iPhone Transfer does not limit the number of photos you can transfer. According to our tests, it only takes a few minutes to transfer hundreds of high-quality photos.