This mode allows you to save HCI Bluetooth packets in a separate file, which can be found in a special folder in the phone memory. It is needed mainly for developers and security specialists.
item enables bootloader unlocking. Does not unlock, but only allows you to do so. But if you don’t know anything about it, then it’s also better not to do it and pass by this item. over, if you unlock it, the security features will not work on the device.
Cleaning the cache
The cache is an area in the built-in memory, which is reserved for storing temporary data. It includes settings, logins, passwords, local copies of photos and pages. For example, if you often visit the same site, the smartphone saves the resource template. So it takes less time to refresh the page, because the phone only needs to check if the information on the page has changed. The cache saves traffic but can slow down the system when it accumulates too much.
Xiaomi smartphones do an automatic cache cleanup, but sometimes that’s not enough. Then you have to delete the data manually. There are three ways to do this:
Selectively. Open “All apps” section in settings and go to all programs one by one and click on “Clear Cache” button. This method does not require additional utilities, but it takes more time.
The “Memory Cleanup” app. A standard system optimization program that deletes the cache. You just need to click on the icon to start clearing.
Deleting unnecessary files. Open the “Storage” section in the settings. At the bottom there is an inscription “Clear”.
The second way is through the application “Security”. Click on it and the program will start analyzing all the files on your phone to sort out the unwanted.
Among them will be a folder with unused data. At the top it says the total amount of debris found. All files are categorized: you can see everything that will be deleted. Tap “Clear” to optimize the system.
Eventually you will see the message “Cleanup complete”.
By default this menu item is hidden. Depending on the Android version, the mode is activated differently. On Android 4.3-7.0 you can enable developer mode on Xiaomi as follows:
- Go to settings menu.
- Select About the phone or about the device.
- Press 8-10 times on the Kernel Version line. The message You became a developer will appear!
On Android 8 and 9, the order of operations is as follows:
- Go to the main settings system.
- Choose About phone and press 8-10 times on the line Version MIUI. You will see a message You are a developer!
To enter the advanced settings mode you need:
- Network and connections;
- input settings;
- visualization acceleration;
Some of the settings listed below may not be available in different versions of Android.
This group of settings in developer mode on Xiaomi contains the following items:
- Password for backups. Allows you to protect the archive that you create that contains personal information.
- Do not turn off screen. The display will not turn off while charging.
- Skip lock screen. Pressing the lock button will open the home screen without having to enter a password or picture key.
- Bluetooth HCI log. Contains information about Bluetooth transmitted packets.
- OEM / factory unlock. Denies and allows to unlock bootloader.
- Running apps. Displays active applications, services and their consumed resources.
- Color mode. Includes SRGB color scheme.
- WebView service. Choosing a browser to open links in the application you are using.
- Demo mode. Turns on demonstration mode, in which the battery charge and cell phone signal strength scales will show maximum values Displays current state of the bootloader. locked/unlocked.
This group contains settings related to USB connection.
- USB debugging. Allows the computer to modify system files, make backups, and install applications.
- Revoke access for USB debugging. Prevents trusted computers from modifying the internal memory contents.
- Error report. Makes the Create Error Report feature available in the previous settings group and in the menu by holding down the power button.
- Select application for dummy locations. Allows you to choose a program that will send fake device location data.
- Select application for debugging.
- Check the application during the installation. Checks programs installed via ADT/ADB for security.
- Keeps track of system updates. Lets you keep track of system processes.
Network and connections
This group of settings manages connections and mobile communication.
- Detailed Wi-Fi log. Contains information about the signal strength of detected Wi-Fi access points.
- Switch to mobile network. If the Wi-Fi signal level is poor (1-2 bars) the device will automatically switch to mobile Internet.
- Always allows you to search for Wi-Fi networks.
- Do not turn off mobile internet.
- Hardware acceleration in modem mode. Speeds up data transfer in modem mode.
- USB Configuration. Defines connection mode: charging, file transfer (MTP), camera (PTP).
- Disable absolute volume level. Is used when volume in Bluetooth headphones is low or too high.
- Enable in-band playback. The phone will notify you of an incoming call by playing the assigned melody at the same time as listening to music.
- Bluetooth AVRCP version. Allows you to select the protocol for controlling wireless headphones.
- Audio codec for Bluetooth transmission. Allows you to select the codec to encode audio for the headphones.
This subsection of the menu displays taps on the screen. Subitems 2: Display touch and pointer location. The first one shows touches on the screen as circles, and the second one records finger movement on the screen as a thin line and coordinates at the top of the screen.
Allows you to trace animations and interfaces. Sub-items 5:
- Highlight windows. A purple frame will appear around the updated item.
- Show object boundaries. Displays the markup of elements. Margins and indents, for example.
- Reflect interest. All items will be mirrored.
- Screens/transitions animations. Increases animation speed by 0.5-10 times.
- Duration of the animation. Increases the time to 0.5-10 times.
Hardware rendering acceleration
This group contains settings for using the GPU chip in the interface. Sub-items 7:
- Turn on GPU acceleration. Uses a graphics chip to render 2D images and elements. Can slow down the speed of the device.
- Show hardware updates. A red frame appears around the items rendered by the GPU.
- Show hardware layer updates. Lights up the latest ones in green.
- Debugging GPU overlay. Shows areas of overlapping of interface elements.
- Enable 4x MSAA for OpenGL ES0. Smoothes overlapping images.
- Disable Overlay. A graphics chip will be used to arrange elements on the display.
- Anomaly simulation. Change the interface colors as if looking at the screen of a visually impaired person: monochromatic, protanomalous, tritanomalous.
This partition includes Disable USB audio. It disables audio playback on any USB-connected devices.
- Strict mode. Display will blink during long service operations. When updating the data in the Weather app, for example.
- GPU rendering profiling. The top and bottom of the display will show the activity of the chip in the form of bars or cogged graph.
Developer mode: applications
This group of settings controls the operation of programs and contains 8 items:
- Do not store activity. Activities are visible elements of the interface that do not depend on each other. A list of emails or contacts in an email client, for example. Option disables and removes unused activity from RAM.
- Background Processes Limit. Limits the number of applications and services running in stealth mode.
- Show all ANR. If program hangs, displays message Application not responding.
- Inactive applications. Allows you to force a program to shut down.
- Allow saving to external drives. Allow apps to store cache, data and their own files on microSD or flash card, external hard drive.
- Enable MIUI optimization. Optimizes the shell to increase the speed of your smartphone.
- Allow resizing. Allow resizing windows in multi-window mode.
- Notify dangerous functions. Warns about using app features that affect the security of personal data.
To summarize, it can be said that for the average user in developer mode on Xiaomi will be useful not all of the listed functions, but 10-15. Limit background processes or render two-dimensional graphics using the GPU, for example.
How To Disable Developer Options In Xiaomi Redmi Phone | Turn Off Developer Options
How to enter video developer mode in Xiaomi.
Every Android device has a special hidden section for developers. This section allows you to change some settings on your Xiaomi smartphone, such as:
- Enable or disable USB debugging
- Allow applications to be installed via USB
- Check the status of the bootloader, whether it is locked or not.
By default you cannot enter developer mode in Xiaomi, as this section is hidden in the menu settings. To enable developer mode in your Xiaomi smartphone, you just need to do a few simple steps.
I will perform all operations on MIUI 10 firmware.0 and Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus smartphone. But on other Xiaomi firmware and smartphones, it’s similar.
Why you need it?
As we mentioned above, there are some clever tricks that you can do with the developer settings. The trick we recommend doing first is to speed up animations and transitions. It will make your smartphone feel faster as you open apps and navigate the web. Every Android user should know this simple trick.
- Follow the steps above to activate the developer settings
- Go to developer options
- Scroll down, find the parameter “Window animation” and set its value to 5x
- Also set the “Transition Animation” to 5x
- Select “animation duration” at 5x
Of course, you can disable the animation completely, but in our opinion, it’s still better to use it, but just speed it up. Once you’ve done everything, go back to the home screen and turn off the display with the power button. Now wake up your smartphone and enjoy a faster interface.
The first thing to do is to go to your smartphone settings and click on the lowest button About the phone.
In the list that opens look for Firmware Version and quickly click on it 7 times. This will cause the developer options open or something like that to appear on the display.
Next, go one screen back and go to the Advanced section. Among other items in this section is the one that we just activated For developers.
Depending on the version of operating system and firmware the list of available features of this mode may vary.
The main option from this section that many smartphone owners need is debugging via USB. It allows installing to your smartphone different firmware, root access, repairing broken smartphone or testing self-written software with the help of your PC.
All functions and features of the developer mode
How to disable developer mode in Android and remove it from the menu Disabling developer mode is extremely easy, just go to the “For developers” menu item in the settings and move the switch in the upper right corner to the “Disabled” position.
How to disable developer mode on Android?
- Turn off the mode.
- Go back and see exactly the same thing.
- To completely disable developer mode and remove it from the menu, do the following.
- In this section, find the “Settings” app and tap on it.
- Tap “Memory.”.
- Press “Reset” or “Clear Data”.
- Confirm action by pressing OK.
How to disable the wallpaper carousel on Xiaomi
Wallpaper Carousel. is a feature that allows you to set the automatic change of screensavers on the lock screen of your smartphone.
In fact, another option that greatly annoys many users, consumes a considerable amount of battery power and eats up internet traffic.
To disable wallpaper carousel on Xiaomi, you’ll need:
- Go to Settings.
- Next go to Lock Screen.
- Swipe down and go to the Wallpaper Carousel subsection.
- Turn off the toggle switch next to Turn on Wallpaper Carousel.
Turn off Wallpaper Carousel. It eats battery power and traffic.
If you’re suddenly a fan of this trick, at least scroll through all the options in the Wallpaper Carousel menu. Disable the Update via Internet function and customize the image categories.