If you forget your password, you’ll have to erase the Apple Watch. This can be done in the following ways: Break the Apple Watch pairing with the iPhone to erase the Apple Watch settings and code, then pair again. Reset the Apple Watch and re-pair it with your iPhone.
Setting up and pairing the Apple Watch and iPhone
- Put the Apple Watch on your wrist.
- To turn on the Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo is displayed.
- Hold your iPhone up to the Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap “Continue”.
If you’re sleeping on your Apple Watch, it’s best to turn off emergency auto-call
Emergency Call. SOS is an extremely useful iOS and watchOS feature that allows you to quickly and easily call an emergency service that could save your life. However, this feature brings inconvenience to those who sleep without taking off their Apple Watch.
You might ask why you even sleep with a Smartwatch on your arm?
Well, some Apple Watch owners use it to keep track of their physical readings, like their heart rate while sleeping. It’s very easy to monitor your condition with the watch.
Recently, a lot of posts have started popping up from users who accidentally activate an Emergency Call through their Apple Watch while sleeping.
One user wrote about how he accidentally started an emergency call in his sleep by pressing the Digital Crown button. At 1 a.m., the police burst into his room. Fortunately, all turned out well, as this is not the first time the police have encountered accidental calls because of the Smartwatch.
Public service announcement: If you sleep with an Apple Watch on, consider turning off the Emergency SOS feature, or you too may wake up to 3 cops in your bedroom at 1 AM.
Jason D. Rowley (@Jason_Rowley) March 16, 2018
He writes, “If you sleep on your Apple Watch, you better turn off the Auto Call feature in Emergency Call. SOS, or you could be woken up by three cops in your bedroom at 1 a.m.”.
By default, the Emergency SOS feature automatically starts an emergency call when you press the side button five times in a row.
If you turn off Auto Call, after you press the side button five times, you must swipe the screen again to initiate the call.
If you sleep in your watch, what better way to disable Auto Call in Settings → Emergency Call. SOS.
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and click on the “My Watch” tab. Select “Basic” “Reset”. Tap “Erase Apple Watch content and settings,” then tap this item again at the bottom of the screen to confirm.
Try connecting the Apple Watch to the iPhone again
- Position the Apple Watch and iPhone to pair close enough to each other.
- Make sure your iPhone has air mode turned off and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
- If the watch face shows an air mode icon. it means that it is on.
- Reboot the Apple Watch and iPhone.
How to disconnect the Apple Watch from the iPhone
If you’re having trouble selling or upgrading your wearable device, you’ll want to disconnect the Apple Watch from the iPhone and possibly back it up. Below we’ll look at how to do this if you have an iPhone nearby, as well as a few options if you only have a watch.
When you disconnect the Apple Watch from the iPhone, the wearable device returns to its factory settings. As the watch is erased in the process, your iPhone automatically backs it up. This is one of the reasons why it is important to keep the Apple Watch close to your iPhone while performing the steps below.
You have to make 10 quick taps on the screen to get to the touch watch settings without buttons. This number of clicks is provided in order not to enter the settings after an accidental touch. Once in the settings, the first thing provided is the ability to set the current hour.
How to unpair and reset your Apple Watch | Apple Support
How to connect a fitness bracelet to your phone
- You turn on the Bluetooth on the phone;
- You launch the app and click on “” to add a new device;
- You select your bracelet and wait for all the updates to download.
How to unlink your device to your Apple account and iCloud
Both devices are in the owner’s possession
The first thing to understand about data privacy is how cloud storage works. If you manually delete the account, all folders will be irretrievably erased. That’s why the topic of how to unlink Apple Watch from iCloud looks relevant. The following steps are required to keep your files intact:
- Be sure to back up your iOS.
- Navigate to the settings menu by selecting the appropriate item. To learn how to configure iWatch correctly, please read the following article.
- Then find the line with the name “Delete account”.
- Press “Exit”.
- After that, select “Delete from iPhone” and enter the password. (may require entering your ID).
- You can solve all other issues by calling operator.
One of the gadgets is sold
An alternative situation assumes that the owner of the iWatch has already handed over the device to the buyer. Then there is a different problem, which is: how to properly unlink the Apple Watch from the Apple ID, if one of the gadgets is not in hand:
- The easiest way is to ask the new owner to repeat the above algorithm.
- If using the cloud service and the “Find iPhone” service, go to the iCloud website.com/find and delete all files from there.
- Change your ID password, then another user will not use your account.
- If you completely disconnect from Apple products, unregister from iMessage.
How to set up Notify When Forgotten
You can enable it on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
- Open the Locator app.
- At the bottom, select the Devices tab to view your Apple devices. The Items tab displays AirTag beacons and third-party accessories.
- Select a device or accessory.
- Select Notify When Forgotten and turn on the feature.
You have enabled notifications only for this device. Now repeat the process for the others.
Now if you forget your device in an unknown location, you will be notified. If you forget your iPhone, a notification will appear on your Apple Watch. If you forget your iPad or AirTag-enabled device, you’ll see an alert on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Touching the notification will show you the location on the map where the device is. You can look at the directions directly in the Locator app.
Place the Apple Watch next to your iPhone. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. If the iPhone displays this prompt, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. If your iPhone prompts you to pair, un-pair with your Apple Watch so they can be set up.
- On your computer, go to the iCloud website.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Open the “Find iPhone” program.
- Tap “All Devices” and select your Apple Watch.
- Click “Erase Apple Watch.”.
- Tap the delete button next to your Apple Watch.
Disconnect and reset your Apple Watch Using your iPhone
The surest way to restore the Apple Watch to its factory settings is by using the “Watch” app on your iPhone. This is what you should do.
That’s it Once you’ve done that, you Apple Watch it will start backing up if your data is on your iPhone and then reset to factory settings. This whole process may take some time. After the process is complete, you can, if you want, reconfigure the watch on your iPhone, or you can either sell it or give it to someone.