How to save WhatsApp messages when you switch phones?
Chat history export feature can be used for both individual and group chats.
- Connect an old iPhone via USB to PC, start iTunes.
- Backup: File, Devices, and Backup.
- Waiting for the synchronization to finish
- In the window that appears, select the “Restore from iTunes backup” option.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and authorize through your phone number.
How to open WhatsApp on two phones?
To get started, you need to have two cell phones with you, and both must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After that, open the web.whatsapp.com on a second mobile device that doesn’t have the app. You can use Google Chrome or any browser.
- In the window that opens, find the WhatsApp application and enable the redundancy feature;
- After that, a second WhatsApp will appear on your desktop, where you can log in from a different number and use it as an alternative.
Is it possible to use telegram on two phones?
Ability to work on more than one OS. In turn, it allows you to log in to different devices with one account. This function of Telegram is very convenient, as it is possible to work simultaneously on several devices without registration.
Start the messenger on your smartphone and open the settings by clicking on the icon with three vertical dots (on iOS this is the icon with the image of a gear wheel). In the drop-down menu, select the line “WhatsApp Web”. Next, you need to scan the QR-code from the screen of your computer (laptop).
How to make two WhatsApp accounts on one phone?
Enter the Settings section of the Android system from version 8, called Advanced Features. In this section is the messaging apps item. A new feature of the mobile operating system from Google allows you to have two messaging programs of the same type with different accounts on the same phone.
To use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone, you will need an unofficial client of the service, which can be installed from the alternative app store TweakBox or any similar. After installing it, you will have to confirm its use through the “Settings” “Basic” “Profiles and Controls” menu.
How to sync WhatsApp on your phone and tablet?
Not in Russia. There are only official options for two numbers on the same SIM.
Transferring WhatsApp chats within the platform
When the WhatsApp user changes smartphone, but remains on the former operating system (Android Android or iOS iOS iOS), he will have the opportunity to transfer to the new device the history of correspondence and other data stored in the messenger without too much hassle.
The files containing the WhatsApp correspondence history are stored locally. in the memory of the device or on the microSD card. So to transfer all your messages, you’ll need to back up your chats and restore them to another smartphone.
Please note! WhatsApp does not recognize backups that were created through “someone else’s” account. Therefore, if you plan to change the number along with the phone, you should first go through the procedure for changing the number. And only then proceed with the backups.
How to transfer chats between two Android smartphones
without changing the number. If the transfer is carried out without changing the number, it is enough to export the messenger data to Google Drive and restore this data on the new device.
The user’s actions on the old phone:
At the bottom of this section, you should pay attention to the “Account” item: the email address should be displayed there. If not displayed, you should initialize authentication with Google Drive and give the app permission to access the data by selecting the “Allow” option.
Now everything is ready for export: the user just need to click on the green “Backup” button and wait for the process to complete.
The next step is to prepare the new device for the transfer. First, you need to log in to the same Google account as on the old phone (if you haven’t done so before). If you have already installed WtatsApp, uninstall and reinstall it.
Now you can sign in to WhatsApp using your old phone number. If you are prompted to search for a backup and access contacts and files on your device, click “Next” and “Allow”.
If everything is done correctly, the message “Backup detected” will appear. Still to press the green “Restore” button and wait for the process to complete.
with change of number. Unlike the previous option, you have to use the “Change Number” function before you can back up to the cloud. Sequence of actions:
- On the old phone, start WhatsApp and go to “Account” from the settings menu;
- Among the proposed options you should select “Change number”;
- A form will appear in which you need to fill in the old and new number;
- After confirming the entry, the phone with a new number will receive an SMS with a code. This code must be entered into the appropriate field on the old phone.
The number has been changed, and now you can start creating a backup copy to transfer it to the new device, following the instructions from the option
How to transfer chats from iPhone to another iPhone
In general, the porting principle has similar features to the one on Android. The difference is only in technical aspects.
Transfer without changing the number. The solution to the problem comes down to two main components. activation of the synchronization of the necessary data with iCloud and restoring information from the backup on the other device. And now the details.
The actions you need to perform on the old iPhone:
Once the export is complete, you can start setting up the new iPhone. The user must:
- Login to the iCloud account using the same Apple ID as on the old iPhone;
- Install messenger (or reinstall it, if the application was previously used on the device);
- Authorize in WhatsApp using their number and, when prompted, agree to search and restore data from the backup.
Transferring with a number change. To avoid loss of data, you should start transferring chats by going through the procedure of changing the number. To do this, you need to launch the WhatsApp app on the old iPhone and perform the following steps:
- Go to the messenger settings, then select the “Account” section and click “Change number”;
- Enter the old and new phone number in the appropriate fields;
- Enter the confirmation code from the SMS received to the new number.
Now you can proceed directly to the transfer of the message history, using the instructions from the previous option. With one difference: in the process of authorization in WhatsApp on the new iPhone, you should specify a new number.
Where deleted WhatsApp messages are saved?
If there are any backups of correspondence history in the program, you can use them to get back the deleted conversations. They are all stored in the WhatsApp/Databases folder. If user deleted any correspondence without such copying, lost messages can be recovered using automatic data saving system.
- in the main window of the messenger go to the “Chats” screen;
- scroll through the list and click “Archived”;
- Select the desired object;
- Tap “Unarchive” in the top menu.