This menu item is hidden by default. Depending on the Android version, the mode is activated differently. On Android 4.3-7.0 You can enable developer mode on Xiaomi as follows:
- Go to the settings menu.
- Select About phone or About device.
- Press 8-10 times on the line Kernel version. The message You’ve become a developer will appear!
On Android 8 and 9, the procedure is as follows:
- Go to the system main settings.
- Select About phone and tap 8-10 times on the MIUI version line. The message You have become a developer will appear!
To enter the advanced settings mode you need:
- network and connections;
- input settings;
- Visualization acceleration;
Some of the settings listed below may not be available in different versions of Android.
How to Enable Hidden Developer Options on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S
This group of settings in developer mode on Xiaomi contains the following items:
- Password for backups. Allows you to protect the archive you create that contains personal information.
- Do not turn off screen. Display will not dim during charging.
- Skip lock screen. Tapping the lock button will open the home screen without the need to enter a password or graphic key.
- Bluetooth HCI log. Contains information about Bluetooth transmitted packets.
- OEM / factory unlock. Disables and enables bootloader unlock.
- Running applications. Displays active applications, services, and the resources they consume.
- Color mode. Enables SRGB color scheme.
- WebView service. Selecting the browser that opens links in the application you are using.
- Demo mode. Enables Demo Mode, which scales battery life and mobile signal strength to show maximum values Displays current bootloader status. locked/unlocked.
This group contains settings related to the USB connection.
- USB debugging. Allows PC to modify system files, make backup copies, install apps.
- Revoke access for USB debugging. Prevents trusted computers from changing the contents of the internal memory.
- Error report. Makes available the Create error report function in the previous settings group and in the menu by holding down the power button.
- Select an app for dummy locations. Allows you to select the program that will transmit false data about the device location.
- Select application to debug.
- Check the application during installation. Checks programs installed via ADT/ADB for security.
- Keeps track of system updates. Lets you keep track of system processes.
Network and connections
This group of settings manages connections and mobile communications.
- Detailed Wi-Fi log. Contains information about the signal level of found Wi-Fi access points.
- Switch to mobile network. If Wi-Fi signal level is poor (1-2 bars) device will automatically switch to mobile internet.
- Always turn on Wi-Fi network search.
- Don’t turn off the mobile internet.
- Hardware acceleration in modem mode. Accelerates data transfer in modem mode.
- USB configuration. Detects computer connection mode: charging, file sharing (MTP), camera (PTP).
- Disable absolute volume level. Used if there is insufficient or excessive volume in the Bluetooth headphones.
- Enables in-band playback. Your phone will notify you of an incoming call by playing an assigned ringtone at the same time as you listen to music.
- Bluetooth AVRCP version. Allows you to select the protocol for controlling wireless headphones.
- Audio codec for Bluetooth transmission. Allows you to select the codec to encode audio for headphones.
This subsection of the menu displays taps on the screen. Sub-items 2: Display Touch and Pointer Location. The first one shows touches on the screen as circles, and the second one records finger movement on the screen as a thin line and coordinates at the top of the screen.
Allows you to track animations and interfaces. Subparagraphs 5:
- Highlight windows. A purple frame will appear around the updated item.
- Show object boundaries. Display element markup. Margins and indents, for example.
- Reflect Interlace. All items will be shown in a mirror image.
- Screens / transitions animations. Accelerates animations to 0.5-10 times.
- Animation duration. Increases time to 0.5-10 times.
Hardware visualization acceleration
this group contains settings for using the graphics chip in the interface. Subparagraphs 7:
- Turn on GPU acceleration. Uses a graphics chip to draw 2D images and elements. May slow down the speed of the device.
- Show hardware updates. A red border will appear around the GPU rendered items.
- Show Hardware Layer Updates. Lights up the last one in green.
- Debugging GPU overlay. Shows the overlapping areas of the interface elements.
- Enable 4x MSAA for OpenGL ES0. Smoothes overlapping images.
- Disable overlay. The graphical chip will be used to layout the elements on the display.
- Anomaly simulation. Changes the interface colors as if seen by a visually impaired person: monochromatic, protanomalous, tritanomalous.
This subsection contains the option Disable USB audio. It will disable audio playback on any USB-connected devices.
- Strict mode. The display will blink during lengthy service operations. When updating data in the Weather app, for example.
- GPU rendering profiling. The display will show chip activity on the top and bottom in the form of bars or a jagged graph.
Developer mode: applications
This group of settings controls the operation of programs and contains 8 items:
- Do not store activity. An activity is an independent visible element of the interface. The list of mails or contacts in the mail client, for example. The option disables and removes unused activity from RAM.
- Limit background processes. Limits the number of applications and services running in silent mode.
- Show all ANR. If the program hangs, displays the message Application not responding.
- Inactive apps. Allow forced shutdown.
- Allow saving to external drives. Allow apps to store cache, data and own files on microSD or flash card, external hard drive.
- Enable MIUI optimization. Optimize the shell to increase smartphone speed.
- Allow resizing. Allow you to resize windows in multi-window mode.
- Notify dangerous functions. Alerts you to app features that affect privacy.
To summarize, we can say that for the average user in the developer mode on Xiaomi will be useful not all of the listed functions, but 10-15. Limit background processes or render two-dimensional graphics using the GPU, for example.
The hidden menu on Xiaomi has several sections, one of which is “General Settings”.
This section contains items such as:
- “Disable screen”. the screen will not turn off while the device is charging;
- “Display lock”. disables the pin code for access to the home screen. However, this item will make contactless payment impossible;
- “Password protection”. allows you to create a password-protected archive of personal information;
- “Bluetooth HCI Log”. includes a log that contains information about files sent using Bluetooth;
- “Unlock bootloader”. enables or disables bootloader locking;
- “Running applications”. displays information about the resources consumed by the applications;
- “Color mode”. turns on sRGB (more believable picture on the smartphone screen);
- “WebView service”. selecting the “standard” browser in which links will open by default;
- “Demo mode”. when you turn on the Wi-Fi network will show the maximum signal, and the battery. 100 percent of charge;
- “Automatic update”. automatically download and install new versions of MIUI.
Using developer mode on Xiaomi smartphones
MIUI. the factory shell of Xiaomi smartphones, installed on top of Android. One of the advantages of this shell over conventional Android. high functionality. To further expand the capabilities of MIUI will help Xiaomi developer mode (Developer mode). Next we will talk about what this mode is, how to activate it and configure it on the phone.
How to enable and disable the developer mode on Xiaomi (Redmi)
On smartphones Xiaomi (Redmi) there are hidden settings relating to the work of system functions, including the ability to control the work of applications from your computer, if you connect the phone to it via a USB cable.
Developer mode is so named because it is needed by those who create programs for Xiaomi, so it was possible to test, debug and eventually release a finished stable product.
Users use the mode most often to activate the option “Debugging via USB”, which allows, with the help of ADB Fastboot Tools to remove preinstalled applications, which can not be otherwise erased from the memory.
In this post, I’ll show you how to activate it and how to disable it.
To enter it, it is necessary to enter the settings, select the item “About the phone”. Find the “MIUI version” item and tap on it quickly 8 times, then you’ll see a pop-up message saying that it’s activated. But how to get there? Find the “Advanced Settings” line. Scroll down the list, you’ll see that there’s a new “For Developers” item. To disable it, enter it and disable the corresponding switch.
This might be helpful:
Hi, my name is Timur. I’ve been passionate about computers and the IT industry since I was a kid, I love it, it’s my passion. For the last few years, I have been deeply fascinated by Xiaomi: the ideology, the technology and the unique approach to explosive business growth. I own many Xiaomi gadgets and share my experiences with them, but most importantly. To solve the problems and mishaps that arise under unexpected circumstances on the Mi-check.ru
First of all, go to the phone settings and press the About button at the very bottom.
In the list that opens look for the firmware version and quickly click on it 7 times. This will cause the display message Developer options open or something like that.
Next, you should go one screen back and go to the Advanced section. Among other items of the section and will be the one that we have just activated For developers.
Depending on the version of the operating system and firmware, the list of available options for this mode may vary.
The main option of this section, which many smartphone owners need is the debugging via USB. It allows installing different firmware on the smartphone, root-access, repairing broken smartphone or testing the self-written software with the help of a computer.
How to disable the developer mode in Android and remove it from the menu Disabling the developer mode is extremely easy, just go to the “For Developers” menu item in the settings and move the switch in the upper right corner to the “Off” position.
How To Enable Hidden Developer Options In Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
How to disable developer mode on Android?
- Turn off mode.
- Go back and see exactly the same thing.
- To completely disable developer mode and remove it from the menu, do the following.
- Find the “Settings” app in this section and click on it.
- Tap “Memory.”.
- Press “Reset” or “Clear data”.
- Confirm the action by pressing OK.
Android Developer Mode. what is it for
The Android software has many options that are not available to normal users and are implemented only in developer mode. For example, the owner may try to implement a third-party recovery system, display statistics regarding the functioning of programs and operations, manage the display and record data.
Most people are not aware of the advanced features of Android, which can be activated in various scenarios. In practice, it is necessary to describe how to enable and disable the advanced features, using examples of different smartphones.
Why the mode is needed and what it can be useful for
Separately for the tasks of specialists in the operating system there is a specific section hidden from free access, but deactivation is not counted to complex activities. The category is present in all Android smartphones starting from version 4.0. During the practical use, the interaction with system adjustments is opened. Such features have their own purpose:
- There is a possibility of debugging at the connection of mobile device to PC by means of USB adapter;
- Changing the present location. Programmers need a similar feature to check the quality of applications, depending on the influence of geolocation. So installed services start to orient based on the location data;
- You can increase the speed of moves. To perform the task you need to open the section “Animation Scale”, then in the field “Animator Duration Scale” set the speed to 0.5x.
Before you set the new parameters it is necessary to capture the standard settings to be able to return to the original state.
How to enable developer mode
To activate and go to the advanced options you need to open the settings of the phone, and then go to “About phone” at the end of the list. The names and locations of the sections may not differ significantly, since they depend on the software version and the specific smartphone. Intease will display data regarding memory, core, chipset and proprietary shell. Next, open the sub-item “Software Information”. It is necessary to find a single field, because seven consecutive clicks on the name “build number” are required to enter the mode.
Once the activities are completed, the system will show a notification that confirms access. Some versions of the system can show other messages when you tap repeatedly. To make sure that the manipulation is correct, it is advisable to return to the section with the main settings, in which an additional item with the name “For developers” appears.
How to disable developer mode on Android
Next you need to understand the deactivation process on Xiaomi smartphones running the operating system with the MIUI shell. Open a new section, after which you need to change the value of the function “Enabled”. You may only need to move the activity lever to the reverse position, and then will be followed by closing the settings with the disappearance of the section.
But some smartphones do not allow to leave the developer mode in this way, because the proposed option is not provided. Otherwise, you will need to select the “Erase data” command through the repository, or choose to purge. Further the system warns that all information will be deleted, and the same applies to the accounts, but the latter are not affected.
But performing the manipulation does not guarantee the disappearance of the new category from the list of settings, so you can use the factory reset. It is important to understand that the presence of an additional environment for developers does not affect the functioning of the device, so with the certainty that the section will not be adjusted by anyone, it is absolutely not necessary to eliminate it.
Possibilities, which are opened to the user
After acquiring developer access, it is possible to open the category and view the new options that can be classified:
- Debugging contains various information and analyses, activity and deactivation;
- Communication is represented by both mobile and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi protocol;
- Input allows you to change the position and display taps;
- Drawing implies, in particular, changing the parameters of the animation;
- Available graphics options are located in the hardware acceleration section;
- Manipulations with programs and restrictions are placed in the applications category;
- By means of monitoring, the load data of the chipset is displayed.
It is also necessary to note the nuances of using the developer mode, because the presented functionality, in most cases, is not applicable to everyday use by the average user, but in practice some interesting options stand out:
- Display activity can be maintained without the need for power access, but engaging the feature is often undesirable to prevent damage to the screen;
- There is a choice between the virtual systems used, represented by ART and Dalvik, and the latter is initially exposed, since it assumes programs in APK format. But another option is available for testing;
- Displays data in relation to the statistics of the chipset installed in the smartphone;
- Separately recommended section with the accumulation of reports of failures, followed by the correction;
- It is possible to activate an option that will visually repeat in the interface all clicks on the display, for example, to check the quality of the touch control. Fingerprints are required to maintain correctness with no abrupt or jerky movements;
- Adjusting the pointer location allows you to view the localization of pressure points;
- The Animations section allows you to adjust the smoothness of the interface yourself, whereby a higher parameter decreases the speed. The initial indicator always displays one;
- In the transition animation parameters you can change the smoothness only in relation to the moments of movements through the system;
- Highlights the ability to change direction when writing for appropriate languages;
- Protocol transfer list allows you to capture Bluetooth HCI files and move them to the internal storage of the device. Then with the help of specialized utilities you can analyze ;
- OpenGl tracing detects failures and reports them.
There are a lot of options that you can not try to activate, but the mode has features that the user may need, so xiaomium.Highlight similar operations. Regarding the frequency of use, USB debugging leads the way because it allows you to
- To use a mobile device for storage;
- Send user files;
- Retrieve deleted information;
- Display software logs on PC;
- Perform system analysis for error checking.
In addition, debugging via USB offers the possibility to record the desktop, but requires a minimum version of Android 4.4 or more new, with a confirmed resource, you should download the Android SDK application and run it on your smartphone. When connected to a PC, you must open the section that contains the unzipped material, then hold down the Shift key in the blank area to display a menu of available actions and click on the option “Open Commands Window”.
Next, you will see a special page where you should enter the combination adl devices, and then type the command adb shell screenrecord /sdcard/video.mp4. After the manipulations are completed, the interface shooting will follow, the result of which can be saved either on microSD, or on the own memory of the smartphone. To press pause, use Ctrl and C in the action line section.
Previously mentioned the animation parameters, because the functionality is desirable for use in models which do not have an impressive power and need a higher speed. Using ADB, it is possible to add copies of personal information on the computer, while using the option “Password for backup” and performing similar procedures will require entering the access code.
Opening the GPU acceleration section provides the ability to improve the performance of certain programs, especially mobile games, but also requires testing, as some services can improve performance, while others will not run. There are restrictions on running applications in the background mode, with 4 options available initially. With fewer tasks power consumption reduces and performance increases accordingly.
Difficult to understand items belong to the 4x MSAA, but may be needed when the smartphone has a high power, but demanding games do not fully function correctly. MSAA represents antialiasing, so the first digit represents the multiplicity of action. Such manipulations additionally consume the battery resources.
It is also worth noting unreliable location. You may need this feature for programs designed to be used in specific locations, or if you want to prank and demonstrate any location.
Wireless monitors. The option uses Miracast, but for the practical application of the technology, you will need another device that has a similar implementation. In fact, it implies the exchange of information directly between two gadgets without the need for an access point. The functionality allows you to interact with the TV using your phone to view content on a wide display.
At the stage of exploring the developer mode, you can find extremely rich functionality, but the user does not need most of the available features. Activating or deactivating a partition does not cause problems. But if additional options are not required in practice, you should not enable specialized settings without reason, as making system adjustments can affect the stable operation of the operating system.
Enabling on Android
It should be noted that in the case of Xiaomi Mi A1, A2, A3 smartphone models running on Android, the activation sequence will be slightly different:
- It is necessary to enter the section where all the manipulations on the settings of the flagship are made;
- At the end go to “About phone”;
- Find “Build number” line and click it several times in a row. The display will tell you how many times to press.
How to Enable Developer Mode on Xiaomi MIUI Devices
Next, the mobile will display a notification of access to the new features. After that the corresponding item will appear in the menu of smartphone settings.
For models running Android version 8 or higher, the instructions will be as follows:
- Launch the section for configuring smartphone;
- At the bottom of the list open “System”;
- Then go to “About phone”;
- Press the “build number” line until the corresponding message appears on the display.
Developer mode: debugging settings
- off there will be no record;
- Error serious errors;
- Warn warnings;
- Info messages of informational character;
- Debug messages from the debugger program when testing the code;
- Verbose detailed report of the program about all performed actions and their results, including errors of execution.