How to enter the BIOS in Windows 10
Windows 10 offers many innovations for the user, some of them are a big plus, others a minus. Often a user who has been sitting on older versions of Windows has questions, one of the popular questions is: “How to enter the BIOS?”. Let’s look into it.
How to enable BIOS on Windows 10
On any modern desktop or mobile computer there is a BIOS system. With the help of this basic input and output system, all elements of your computer and operating system communicate with each other. Access to the settings is necessary to improve the performance of devices, in rare cases. to reinstall the system. On Windows 10, the user can access the BIOS in several ways, depending on the initial settings of the system.
How to enter BIOS (UEFI) on a computer or notebook [Instruction]
Sooner or later everyone who works at a computer comes across the need to enter BIOS. To change any settings (the more modern UEFI version (its working principle and functions are the same). By the way, you may need this for a variety of reasons, for example:
- decided to reinstall Windows, but computer does not see the installation flash (disk). And you only need to change the boot priority in the BIOS;
- decided to overclock the CPU (you will have to change the frequency in the same place); the computer does not show up correctly. you need to change the settings;
- Unstable operation of the PC;
- the computer can’t see the hard disk, etc.д. The reasons to enter the BIOS are really quite numerous.
In this article I want to look at how to do this (and what to look for if you can’t get into the BIOS). This article is aimed at the novice PC user.
#x1f449; For notebook users!
I have accumulated several articles on the blog on how to enter the BIOS/UEFI on laptops from the following manufacturers: Acer, Asus, Dell, Lenovo, HP (specific recommendations. always better to share ).
How to enter UEFI (BIOS) from inside of Windows 11, 10, 8 (without using the special. F2, Del, etc.)
Not many users are aware of the fact that you can enter UEFI (BIOS) without using or hitting the special. keys (e.g. Delete or F2). This can be very helpful if you have tried all possible buttons and the computer does not respond to your pressing.
Note that you can use this method only under the condition that:
- you have a modern Windows 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (in others it is not possible);
- your motherboard. The board must support UEFI (if your PC/laptop is no older than 3-4 years. then it certainly is!) ;
- The OS must boot and “at least somehow” work (if the OS is not installed. I recommend to read the help article with the buttons to enter the BIOS for devices from different manufacturers).
How to enter the BIOS in Windows 10
You’ve probably encountered the problem when you googled a lot of answers to the question how to enter the BIOS on your Asus laptop with Windows 10, and you can not enter. I encountered this problem when I was trying to figure out how to enable booting from USB flash drive in BIOS. Most often, booting from a Windows 10 flash drive is required to install Windows or another system on a laptop. Had to find the answer by trial and error. Found.
In fact, a simple way to immediately press and hold F2 at power on, it seems to work. The key here is. It works not just once, but once every few dozen tries. It’s because of Windows 10 itself. In its settings there is an option Enable Fast Startup. It’s on by default. Fast startup prevents your laptop from fully shutting down. And the inclusion, thus, is different from the usual. But more about that later. We only need to disable this option, and logging into BIOS or UEFI (a more modern version of BIOS), will be free.
How to enter BIOS on a computer running “eight”?
After Windows 7, many manufacturers decided to disable the ability to enter the BIOS when the computer starts up. The system booting is now different:
- Place the mouse cursor on the right side of the monitor and click on “Settings”;
- At the bottom, select “Change computer settings”;
- In the next window, look for the “General” subsection;
- On the right side of the menu that opens look for “Special boot options”, click “Restart now”, agree with the pop-up message to confirm the action;
- After rebooting you will see a special interface where you can start the shell you are interested in.
How to boot BIOS on a 10? Detailed manual
Important! It is recommended to close in advance all programs and save files you use in them. This will prevent you from losing your data and speed up the reboot.
Just a side note! Just for your reference, UEFI is a special environment which helps to correctly and conveniently make the BIOS menu, and other elements of booting and detailed setup of your device.
[GUIDE] How to Enter Bios Windows 10 very Easily & Quickly
I can not enter BIOS (UEFI). The computer does not respond by pressing DEL, F2, ESC
Question from user
Help with one problem: can not enter BIOS, I tried all buttons (DEL, F2, ESC, F12, etc.).). The computer does not respond. Motherboard. GIGABYTE GA-H11 (as it’s written in the specification of PC). What can be done?
It is difficult to give a definite cause (by the way, the model of the motherboard you specified incorrectly). often than not, you can’t enter BIOS because of a “not working” keyboard or an incorrectly-selected key. Below is in order everything you need to pay attention to.
Note: if you need to enter the BIOS to install the new OS, you can do it in a different way (see “Installing the new OS”). п. 4, 5 next).