BIOS 1.37, but also on 1.32 also worked, the main thing is not to jump around windows, and only enter BIOS, press three times FnTab, press F10, press Enter, the computer will go into reboot, then immediately press F2 and you get access to advanced BIOS (added advanced window with all the hidden settings).
On Acer laptops, the most commonly used keys are F1 and F2, as well as the CtrlAltEsc combination. The Acer Aspire series may require CtrlF2. On TravelMate and Extensa models you usually need to press F2 or Del to enter BIOS. In older models of Acer laptops can be found a combination of CtrlAltDel and CtrlAltEsc.
By default, most Lenovo notebooks use the “F2” hotkey to enter the BIOS/UEFI user interface. It should be pressed as soon as the manufacturer logo is displayed on the screen.
There is a traditional and all known method to enter BIOS (also suitable for UEFI). press the Delete key (for most PCs) or F2 (for most laptops) immediately when you turn on your computer, before the system boots. Usually the boot screen will say at the bottom: Press the Name_keys to enter setup.
How to enter the BIOS on a Lenovo laptop?
An experienced user, who remembers how to enter BIOS on a desktop computer, certainly knows not only the peculiarities and potential risks of the process, but also has an idea of how to get out of the basic I/O system. Another question. laptops: their models today are countless, and almost for each manufacturer has its own combination of keys that allows to get into BIOS. How to do it on Lenovo laptops. let’s try to figure it out.
- Shut down the computer. Find the Novo button. info about the NOVO button: Where to find the OneKey Recovery (Novo) button on Idea laptops. Introduction to the NOVO button.
- Press the Novo button to enter the Novo boot menu. Select BIOS Setup to enter the BIOS.
To call the BIOS, for almost all Lenovo notebooks, press the F2 (or FnF2) key immediately after turning on the power. In rare cases you will need to use the other keys, such as F1 (or FnF1), or simply press the DELETE key.
To enter BIOS in most PC/laptop models you need to press F2 or Del (sometimes F1 or Esc) button right after turning on the device. Some laptops (e.g. Lenovo) have a special Recovery key (pressed instead of the power button).
Enter BIOS from the command line using the command shutdown /r /o /t 0. The /o switch will load the OS diagnostic menu. Shift key combination Restart. Press “Start” button, then “Shut Down”, hold Shift key on your keyboard and choose “Restart.
How to enter BIOS from Windows 10 operating system?
If you have a ten-installed on your computer the following instruction comes in handy:
- Open “Start” and go to “Settings”;
- Look for the tab “Update and security”;
- From the list on the left, select “Restore”, in the window that appears on the right, click “Restart Now”;
- After the process of turning your laptop off and on, you will be taken to the troubleshooting menu;
- As already discussed in the fourth point of our article, you need to click “Advanced configurations”, then “UEFI firmware settings” and load BIOS mode.
How to enter the BIOS on a Lenovo laptop
Lenovo is one of the most popular laptop manufacturers. By the way, I must tell you (from personal experience), laptops are quite good and reliable. And there is a peculiarity in some models of these laptops. an unusual entry to the BIOS (and enter it very often is necessary, for example, to reinstall Windows).
In this relatively short article I would like to discuss these features login.
Logging into BIOS on a Lenovo laptop (step-by-step instructions)
1) Generally, to enter the BIOS on Lenovo laptops (most models) it is enough to press the F2 (or FnF2 ) button when you turn it on.
However some models can ignore these keys (for example Lenovo Z50, Lenovo G50, and the whole range: g505, v580c, b50, b560, b590, g50, g500, g505s, g570, g570e, g580, g700, z500, z580 may not respond to these keys).
2) The above models have a special button on the side panel (usually near the power cord) (for example the Lenovo G50 model, see Fig. fig. 2).
To enter the BIOS: turn off the laptop and then press this button (there is usually an arrow on it, although I admit that on some models there may be no arrow).
By the way, an important point. Not all Lenovo notebook models have this service button on the side. For example, on the Lenovo G480 laptop. this button is next to the power button on the laptop (see. fig. 2.1).
3) If you have done everything correctly, the notebook should turn on and the service menu with four items should appear on the screen (see “Service Menu” on the left). Figure. 3):
To enter BIOS. choose BIOS Setup.
4) Next you should see the usual BIOS menu. The BIOS setup is similar to other notebooks models (it’s almost identical).
By the way, may be someone needs: in Fig. Here’s how to set the BOOT partition of your Lenovo G480 to install Windows 7 on it:
- Boot Mode: [Legacy Support]
- Boot Priority: [Legacy First]
- USB Boot: [Enabled]
- Boot Device Priority: PLDS DVD RW (this is the drive with the Windows 7 startup disk installed, note that it is listed first), Internal HDD.
After changing all the settings do not forget to save them. Select “Save and exit” in the EXIT section. After restarting your notebook. Windows 7 installation should start
5) There are certain models of laptops, such as Lenovo b590 and v580c, where to enter the BIOS may need to button F12. By holding this key right after turning on the laptop. you can get to Quick Boot (quick menu). where you can easily change the boot order of different devices (HDD, CD-Rom, USB).
6) And it is relatively rare to use the F1 key. You may need it if you are using a Lenovo b590 laptop. The key should be pressed and held after turning on the device. BIOS menu itself does not differ much from the standard one.
Lenovo IdeaPad 330 Bios And USB Boot
The manufacturer recommends to charge the battery enough before entering the BIOS. If during the setup and configuration of settings in the BIOS device will be turned off (due to lack of power). problems in the further work of the laptop may occur.
Honestly, I’m not ready to comment on the last recommendation: I’ve never had a problem shutting down the PC when I was in the BIOS setup.
The proprietary BIOS start button
Lenovo company installs in their computers proprietary Lenovo One Key Recovery. The utility allows you to run the system restore from backup or change the priority of boot drives. Also in this menu is the function we need. logging into BIOS.
In Lenovo IdeaPad 330, the makers did away with the prominent Novo Button on the case and left a small hole with a hidden button. A similar solution can be found on smartphones in the design of the SIM card tray. Proceed in exactly the same way: take a paper clip or other thin object, press into the hole until you hear a slight click.
After a few seconds you will see a menu of four items. Of these, you need to select the second position with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press. With the Novo Button Menu you can also change the boot priority without entering the “BIOS” settings.
Project Manager, Comment Moderating Expert.
How to boot your Lenovo laptop from a flash drive?
Hi! Today I decided to prepare a simple, but at the same time very useful instruction, which should be useful to all owners of Lenovo laptops. We will boot a Lenovo laptop from a flash drive. I have such a laptop, so I can show you on a real example.
As many models of modern laptops are no CD / DVD drive, many people have the question, but how to install Windows? How to boot your laptop to restore the system, check for viruses, diagnose, etc. д. All of this can be done from an ordinary flash drive. over, if your notebook has a drive, it is better to use a USB flash drive to install Windows or boot your notebook from some other bootable disk. Especially since everyone has a flash drive, and a blank disc must still be found.
To boot your Lenovo laptop from a USB drive is as easy as from a disk. It makes almost no difference.
First we need to make a bootable USB stick. Simply put, write.iso image of Windows, or other system/software to a USB stick. You can see an example of how to create a bootable drive with Windows 10. For the record.iso to flash drive, I advise to use the following programs: Media Creation Tool (to download and write Windows 10), WinSetupFromUSB, UltraISO, Rufus, Windows USB/DVD Download Tool. Of course, from such a drive can be downloaded by any computer. Not only Lenovo.