Rolling back the system through iPad settings
The easiest way to reset your iPad to factory settings is through the built-in software in the device’s settings. Here are different options to rollback the device. with the preservation of user data or complete deletion of all information. In addition, you can remove the settings of network connections if you have problems connecting to the Internet, or remove the settings of the “home” button, as well as clear the dictionary in the keyboard and get rid of geolocation data.
To restore the device to its factory state, the user needs the first two options. “reset settings” or “reset settings and content”. The second option is better to use if you later want to configure the iPad as a new one (that is, the tablet is sold to a new owner), and the first option is suitable for troubleshooting errors in the iPad. For example, it hangs or the application does not open. If you just delete the settings, the changes will not affect the user content.
To reset the iPad, you need to enter its settings, select “basic”, at the end of the list will be the sub-item “reset”. There are a few more items that are listed above. It remains to choose the most appropriate one and follow the system’s instructions.
How to reset your iPad with/without a password
If you want to undo all previous settings and content, the easiest way. Reset the iPad to factory settings. Back up important iPad data in advance, and then you can reboot the iPad to get a new Apple device. Also, you need to reset the iPad before resetting or transferring the iPad. For people who have forgotten their iPad password, the most effective solution. Reset the disabled iPad to unlock it. And resetting your iPad is also useful for fixing system errors, including freezes, black screen, hangs in recovery mode, etc. Д.
There are many reset options on your iPad, such as “Reset All Settings,” “Erase All Content and Settings,” “Reset Network Settings,” and others. Most useful choice. Is reset your iPad to factory settings. Almost all iPad problems can be resolved. Therefore, the purpose of this article. To show you step-by-step instructions for resetting your iPad to factory defaults.
Press and hold the top button and volume up or down button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Then connect your iPad to your computer while holding down the top button. Hold the top button until the restore mode screen appears.
Erasing all content and settings from your iPad
How to hard reset iPad | DT DailyTech
- Choose “Settings” “Basic” “Reset“. If you’re prompted for a passcode and can’t remember it, see Reset All Settings on page 48. Reset Password Code.
- Tap “Erase Content & Settings.”.
Press the Home button and the Power button at the same time. The device will show a shutdown slider, after which the screen will turn off. Don’t Release Buttons. Wait for the device to boot and release the Power button.
Apple iPad Pro hard reset rebooting the System at fail function DIY
On the iPhone 6s Plus and earlier models, and on the iPad, hold down the top (or side) button and the Home button simultaneously until the recovery screen appears on your gadget. 3. When iTunes prompts you to restore or update your device, click “Restore” and follow the further prompts.
Preparing if you want to save data
Before you can reset your iPad to factory settings, you need to prepare for this option. Specifically, I’m talking about saving user data.
After resetting to factory settings, all user files will be deleted. Most people aren’t likely to be comfortable with this, so there are ways to save your files.
Create copies of the data via iCloud
Apple’s iCloud app. This is a cloud service where you can upload files and personal data.
This way they remain on the servers of iCloud, which means that after resetting iPad to factory settings, you can restore everything from the Internet. iCloud is also used to transfer data to other Apple devices. For example, when you buy a new iPad or iPhone.
How To Reset & Restore your Apple iPad Pro 3rd Gen. Factory Reset
Important! This method requires a good Internet connection with a high bit rate.
Step-by-step steps to create a copy of your data via iCloud:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on your username (that’s your Apple ID).
- Choose iCloud.
- Select content and settings. In particular, toggle the sliders to the active position in front of the required items (Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, etc.).д.).
- Scroll down to “Backup to iCloud”. Tap on it, bringing the slider to the active state.
- Click the “Backup” button.
This will start the process of data formation. How much and how heavy they are depends on the copying time.
To get your data back after a reset, you need to go to iCloud, and select restore. You must be signed in to Apple ID from the same account.
Creating a copy via PC
Creating a copy through your computer is done with the proprietary iTunes software. This method is not much different from the previous one, only in this case you need to connect your tablet to iTunes on your computer.
- Connect the device to your PC with the charging cable.
- Download iTunes from Apple’s official website.
- Install it on your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Press “Allow” on your tablet.
- In iTunes click the “Browse” button.
- Select the “Make a copy now” tab.
- Select the data you want to save.
- Enter your username password to confirm the backup.
- The program will display prompts for. You need to follow them before zeroing your mobile device.
- Press and hold the volume up or down button and the top button until the “Turn off” slider appears.
- Move the slider and then wait 30 seconds for the device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until the Apple logo appears.
Return to the default settings on your iPad
- Choose “Settings” “Basic” “Reset”.
- Perform one of the options. WARNING. If you select the “Erase content and settings” option, all of your content will be deleted. See. Erase data from iPad. Reset all settings.
First, go to the iCloud website.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Then go to “Find iPhone”. In it, you need to select “All devices” and then. in the list that appears. find the smartphone that you want to unlock. Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- So to perform a Hard Reset, you need to hold down the volume down and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
How to reset a locked iPad via iCloud
Note. If you’ve enabled “Find My iPad” in the past, you can remotely reset a locked iPad using the iCloud site. In other words, you can reset a locked iPad if you forget your iPad password using iCloud.
Visit “Find my iPad” on iCloud.
Open iCloud.com in your browser. Visit “Find iPad” and log in to your iCloud account. You need to select your iPad from the “All Devices” drop-down list. After that, a pop-up window will appear with the settings related to your iPad.
Step 2. Reset a Locked iPad to Factory Settings
Click the “Erase iPad” button under the iPad icon. Check the box and confirm to reset the locked iPad. Select “Remove from Account” to completely wipe all data from the disabled iPad. You can then restore your iPad from a backup or set up your iPad like new.
This method also works when your iPad gets stuck in saving rebootPassword for iPad if it’s forgotten and t. д.
Full reset of settings and content on your iPhone or iPad
Hi! A full reset (aka Hard Reset) is a radical way to solve quite a few problems. After this procedure, your iPhone or iPad will appear to you in its original form, as if you had just purchased it new in the store. Scratches and scuffs won’t go anywhere, of course, but you can rest assured that iOS will be restored to its “just arrived from the factory” state for cleaning the internal software.
Remember: all data is deleted from the memory! So before you perform the actions described in the article, it is highly recommended to get hold of a backup. It will not be superfluous, as they say. Made? Prepared? Let’s go!:)
Why is it necessary to perform a Hard Reset on an iOS device at all? There may be several options here:
- Before you sell it.
- Your gadget lags, glitches or gets hot.
- You have decided to start your life again:)
- A lot of garbage has accumulated (although in this case it is better to do it this way).
In any case, catch two instructions, following which it is quite easy to completely clear the memory of your iPhone or iPad.