How to enable Lost Mode for a lost iPhone
If you find that your iPhone is lost, you need to turn on Lost Mode immediately to avoid disclosing data or losing money.
1 Go to https://www.iCloud.com/find, log in to your iCloud account, and go to the “Find My iPhone” page.
2 Click “All Devices”, select the lost device from the drop-down list.
3 Tap “Lost Mode” (iOS 6 or later) or “Lock” (iOS 5 or OS X v10.7.5 or later).
If you can’t visit Find My iPhone on the iCloud web page, it means you haven’t set up iCloud on your iPhone. Just set up iCloud.
If your iPhone has a password, you need to unlock the device. Otherwise, you’ll be prompted to create a password now. If you’ve selected a family member’s device in “Lost Mode,” but they don’t have one, you’ll need to enter that person’s Apple ID password.
If you are asked to enter a phone number or message, the phone number or messages will appear on the lost iPhone’s locked screen.
After you complete the three steps, you will see that the current location of your iPhone. If the iPhone input device still does not contact you after entering the caller or phone number, you can track their location yourself.
“Find iPhone”. A great feature that can help you find a lost or stolen iPhone using the built-in GPS or location services of your iPhone on a map. If you don’t think you can find your iPhone back, the “Find iPhone” feature also allows you to remotely lock or erase all of your personal information from your device, so a thief can’t access your privacy. Now let’s learn how to enable “Find iPhone” and use it to find a lost iPhone.
Step 1. Start with your home screen.
Tap Settings your iCloud name. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier version, go to “Settings” “iCloud”.
Step 3. Scroll down and tap “Find my iPhone”.
Step 4. Tap the switch to turn on “Find My iPhone” and “Send Last Location”.
If you are asked to sign in, enter your Apple ID to sign in to Find My iPhone, When you set up Find My iPhone, your paired Apple Watch and Airpods will also be set up automatically.
You can also set up Find My iPad or Find My Mac by following the same steps as above.
Also note that you can only enable “Find My iPhone” on your device, but there is no way to enable it remotely, from your computer or from another Apple device.
How to remotely delete data from your iPhone
If you’ve removed data from your iPhone and you’re sure the phone is lost forever, you can erase all data from it while “Find My iPhone” is enabled on your device.
Follow these steps if you want to erase data from your lost or stolen iPhone:
Go to your iCloud account and go to the “Find my iPhone” page.
Select “All Devices,” then select the device you want to erase.
You’ll see three options: “Play Sound,” “Lost Mode,” and “Erase iPhone.”.
Click “Erase iPhone,” then enter your Apple ID password to confirm your request.
Erase iPhone remotely
After you follow the steps above, your iPhone will be erased when it’s online. (However, it will still be locked to your account.) If the thief disconnects your iPhone offline, however, it does not erase itself.
If you find your iPhone after deleting it, you can still recover the data on it using the iCloud account associated with your phone.
Keep in mind that if you delete lost iPhone data, you will no longer be able to track it. Also, if you delete your iPhone from your iCloud account, it can be used by another person. So the best option for you. delete it, but keep it in connection with your iCloud account. That way, your lost device will become unusable to anyone else.
How to lock your iPhone if it’s stolen
Apple smartphones are expensive, and the intruders are often tempted to earn money by stealing the device, or they want to steal a popular gadget for themselves. And it is possible to lose an iPhone, too. To make the phone useless for a thief and to prevent personal information from getting into the wrong hands, Apple offers several ways to remotely lock your iPhone. You can also use third-party apps. This article takes a closer look at how to lock your iPhone if it’s lost or stolen.
How to find your iPhone: if it is stolen or lost
Not finding once your favorite gadget in the right place, willy-nilly we have two thoughts: lost or stolen.
What to do: how to find the iPhone and protect confidential information from unwanted intruders. A few effective ways:
Find your iPhone that has gone missing quickly with a Smart Watch Apple Watch, Tap on the picture of the calling phone and hear the ringtone if the wanted one is in range. The devices must previously be paired with each other via Bluetooth or wi-fi.
Through another iPhone
Many users are wondering how to find their iPhone if they lost it, but do not have access to a computer at hand. In this case, the “apple” smartphone of a friend or relative will do. The main thing is that the other iPhone must have Internet access. Download the application “Find my iPhone” from the AppStore. the function of determining the location of your smartphone received a separate program back in 2011. The nuance is that it is possible to authorize through this application not only through the owner’s account. With a mobile device in hand it’s much easier to find the loss. absent-minded users of smartphones from Apple have repeatedly experienced this.
The principle of operation is simple. after authorization through the account of the lost smartphone will open a list of connected devices, among which will be the lost iPhone. Click on the name of the device to open the map with a geo-positioning point. Walk through the last transmitted location, it is quite possible that the smartphone is lying in the tall grass or snowdrift. If it is dark outside, with the help of a friend’s phone you can illuminate the place of search. Don’t forget to log out of your account when you’re done looking. To be fair, if the iPhone was stolen and turned off, using the location of the iPhone is difficult to find, unless, of course, the thief turns the device on again.
Try to contact the owner of the iPhone
If the gadget was connected to the network before the owner activated the missing mode, you will see an appropriate notification on the iPhone lock screen.
Leaving a contact number or other means of communication will quickly locate the owner of the smartphone. You can make a call directly from the found device (of course, if there is a SIM card in place).
If the iPhone lock message doesn’t contain any contact information, you can try to remove the SIM card and insert it into another phone. If there is no set PIN-code, you can use SIM-code to search for saved contacts of the owner’s relatives or friends.
Buying a new iPad, iPhone. always a happy event, especially if you are a fan of Apple products. Every Apple phone or tablet gives users lots of pleasant surprises in the form of app and game updates. But not everyone likes to buy nice things, there are those who steal them. The joy of your purchase can also quickly turn to the sadness of missing. Read below for steps you should take to make it easier to find your iPhone if your phone is stolen.
Find iPhone” feature
Immediately after buying a phone, before you put it in your bag or. where it can easily be stolen, we recommend that you set the “Find iPhone” function in your iPhone or iPad.
First, make sure you have geolocation enabled in your privacy settings (Settings. Privacy. Geolocation).
Then activate iCloud and turn on “Find iPhone” in System Preferences, under the iCloud tab.
Certainly, this procedure will not protect you from theft, but it can considerably help in finding a stolen phone, namely, to determine the location of iPhone or iPad.
However, it happens that in addition to stealing skills, the thief is often good at phones and can easily disable this setting, depriving you of the ability to find the phone. To complicate the life of a thief we recommend you set the password to unlock the phone. Go to Settings. General. Password protection. Enable password.
To find out iPhone’s location
Option 1. To locate your iPhone, visit iCloud.com and open the “Find iPhone” web application.
Option 2. Run the “Find iPhone” app on any iOS device.
If iPhone has been previously registered in iCloud, and has Internet access, the application will show the iPhone location. In case the phone has no access to the Internet, you can activate the notification of the device’s appearance in the network by e-mail.
In addition to locating iPhone, iCloud service allows you to remotely wipe confidential information from your Apple device, lock the phone, send a message to the phone and make a loud sound, just in case you think that the stolen phone is somewhere near.
Of course, the above steps do not give a hundred percent guarantee that you will definitely be able to find a stolen phone. An attacker’s in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of reflashing iPhones and other Apple devices can block iCloud app access to your device. If this happens, you have two options: try to find the iPhone in the database of stolen phones Lostolen, or write a police report.
Apple unveiled the new iPhone 13 and other devices
The iPhone 13 smartphone isn’t much different from previous models. The new smartphone will run on the A15 Bionic processor and, according to developers, its speed is 50% faster than the iPhone 12. Another technological advantage. High level of protection against moisture. IP68, and that’s according to the classifier. Immersion to a depth of more than 1 meter for more than 30 minutes.
Roskomnadzor will block in Russia
In a month it will be blocked in Russia. According to Roskomnadzor, the social network has refused for years to remove the banned information.
Apple will remove key information from serial numbers
Very soon it will be impossible to determine where an iPhone is made by its serial number. Starting in 2021, Apple will switch to randomly generated numbers.
Mir cards will be able to be tied to Apple Pay
In April, cardholders will be able to link their cards to an Apple Pay mobile wallet, RBC reports. Even employees of budgetary organizations who receive their salaries on the payment card “Mir” will be able to attach the card.
But first, a few warnings. An owner who has had the misfortune to lose his iPhone or iPad, or who is certain that the device was stolen, will be able to find the device by his own efforts only if the following conditions coincide:
- on it is logged into the Apple ID;
- Geolocation (tracking your location using mobile networks) is enabled;
- activate the option Find iPhone. how to run it, will be described below.
In other cases, it will be necessary to rely on the help of others, in particular, the user can:
- Report the theft (even if he himself lost his phone) to the police. You will need to give as many unique characteristics of the device as possible: its serial number, IMEI, external features, etc.д. You cannot rely on the sagacity of the Ministry of the Interior, but you will definitely hear some encouraging words from an iPhone owner, and that is always nice.
- Fill in the electronic form on the website. sndeep.info/ru or a similar online resource, specifying the serial number or IMEI of the iPhone you want to find, your contact information and the amount of the reward. all this will take less time than trying to figure out what the difference is between an iPhone and a smartphone. Chances to find the device this way are also not very high, and in addition, the user may run into scammers, wanting to get the promised money. but it is certainly worth a try.
- Submit a missing persons report to all sorts of print and electronic media. not neglecting the promise of a reward, of course.
But instead of wasting time on the above manipulations, the owner of the iPhone, who lost it himself or thinks that the device was stolen, can find the device from the computer by authorizing in iCloud.
As mentioned above, this is only possible if the device has the appropriate functions activated. If so, you can skip the next short instructions and start searching right away; if not, but you still have your phone with you. without delay, turn them on:
- Go to the iPhone settings and tap on the avatar of your account at the top. If you’re not already logged in, pre-authorize; it’s no more complicated than putting your iPhone into DFU mode.
To find an iPhone with an activated search function from the computer, the owner must:
- Go to iCloud in any convenient browser.com and authorize in the same Apple ID account, to which the device is attached, by entering the username in the appropriate fields.
- In the menu that opens, you can not only find the model of your iPhone, but also find the device that the user has lost or stolen. To do this you need to click on the appropriate tab.
- If the flat map view doesn’t give you a good idea of where your iPhone is located and you can’t track it, you can open the dropdown list at the bottom right of the screen.
- The user will have access to additional search options. So, if you suspect that your iPhone has not been stolen, but is just lost somewhere at home or at work, it makes sense to start by calling it up by clicking the Play Sound icon.
- And in the next info box are other important details and notes, from home address and email to the promise of a reward. Now it remains to press the Done button.
- As a result, the iPhone finder will see a message on the lock screen and will be able to call the number brought in by the owner. otherwise, without knowing the access code, he won’t be able to do anything.
- If the data stored on your iPhone is of great value to the owner, and the confidence in the possibility of finding the device is getting lower by the hour, it remains to accept the loss, at least try to preserve the confidentiality. destroy the personal information and disconnect the phone from your account, by clicking the Erase iPhone button.
- After a while, after the search activities, a message will come to the account-bound iPhone owner’s e-mail with the current location of the device, with the possibility to view the geolocation in the browser.
Important: Even if you have signed in to your Google Account on your iPhone, you will not be able to track your device at the corporate website. the account holder will be redirected to iCloud.
Using an unauthorized online service on your computer, offering to find your iPhone by cell phone number, unique identifier or even based on geolocation, is highly discouraged: currently such resources are at best equal to zero efficiency, and at worst, scammers can extort valuable personal information or, under the pretext of an advance payment, a larger or smaller amount of money from the owner of the phone.