How to remove the SIM card from the iPhone using a key
The most common and at the same time the correct way to remove the tray is to use a special key. This small paper clip comes with the iPhone and is placed in a small envelope so that the device is not lost. If you are careful about components, you should definitely have the key.
Follow all the requirements, which are presented in this algorithm. This way you will not damage your smartphone and prevent the occurrence of a system malfunction. After you finish the process, you can turn your iPhone on and continue to use it.
Don’t forget that iPhone also works without a SIM card. For example, if you only need to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, a small chip is not needed at all. Insert it only when necessary.
Handle the SIM card carefully. Over time, it will still wear out, but this way you will prolong its service life. It is recommended to change your SIM card every 5 years. You can get a new SIM card free of charge at the operator’s sale center.
Please note: we are not responsible for the possible consequences of using alternative methods!
You can remove the card from an iPhone even without a special tool. An excellent alternative would be these options:
Be careful with! Avoid excessive pressure so as not to break the SIM holder in the iPhone, and not to damage the card.
It was impossible to remove the SIM card from the iPhone, it got stuck? The problem can be solved. let’s try to do it ourselves.
Rules for extraction
Until recently, almost all smartphones had a removable battery, under which there was a SIM slot. To insert the SIM card, you had to remove the back cover and remove the battery. The card itself was installed in a special slot which could not be detached from the casing.
This has changed with the introduction of the iPhone. The cases of the devices became monolithic, the battery can no longer be removed, and the SIM card is installed in the slide-out tray. Because the chip itself has a modest size, the slot is not large, and therefore is strongly exposed to external influences. Before removing the tray, you should familiarize yourself with the precautions to avoid damage:
- Remove the tray only after taking the iPhone out of its case. Other materials can block access to the SIM card.
- To avoid a system failure, do not remove the slot when the smartphone is powered on. Turn off the device, and only then proceed to perform the operation.
- Remove the tray as carefully as possible to avoid damaging it.
- Perform all steps of the algorithm without skipping. This will help to avoid losing parts.
- Try to remove the SIM card using the provided key. Check the box of your smartphone. It may be lying there.
Now you are fully prepared to remove the SIM card or the special tray on any model of iPhone. Next we will analyze the different ways of performing the operation. We have deliberately divided them into 2 types:
In both cases, you need to take precautions. But, if you have lost the complete key, be careful in choosing the right item to remove the tray. If the device is selected incorrectly, not only will you not get the SIM card, but you will also damage your smartphone. In this case, you will have to go to a service center, where they can ask for a rather large sum of money.
Rathke’s cysts appear rarely in people. The congenital disorder occurs in 1% of all benign neoplasms. Doctors have been able to identify a population category that is susceptible to developing this disease.
- Mature patients who have a tendency to form cysts after the age of 40.
- People treated for meningitis.
- Patients after strokes with cerebral hemorrhages.
- Persons who have had encephalitis.
- Workers in hazardous conditions.
- People after chemotherapy or radiation.
- Patients whose relatives have had this disease or other neoplasms of the brain.
How to take the SIM card out of an iPhone with a key
The most common and at the same time the correct way to remove the tray is to use a special key. This small paperclip comes with the iPhone and fits in a small envelope so it won’t get lost. If you are attentive to accessories, you must have the key.
- Unplug iPhone.
- Take the supplied key.
- Insert it with the sharp end into the small hole located on the right side edge of the device.
- Wait for the distinctive click.
- Pull the tray toward you until it is completely out.
- Gently place the SIM card, with the chip facing down.
- Slide the slot in until it clicks into place.
Follow all the requirements given in this algorithm. This way you won’t damage the smartphone and prevent a system malfunction. After the process is complete, you can turn on your iPhone and continue to use it.
Do not forget that the iPhone also works without a SIM card. For example, if you only need to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, the small chip is not needed at all. Insert it only when necessary.
Handle your SIM card carefully. It will wear out over time anyway, but this way you will extend its life. It is recommended that you change your SIM card every 5 years. The operator will provide you with a new SIM card free of charge in the dealer’s salon.
Why iPhones Come With A Metal Tool
How to remove the SIM-card with improvised means
To get the SIM card out of the iPhone, the manufacturer comes with a special small key. But because of its diminutive parameters, the object tends to get lost quite often. So there is a need to remove the card of the mobile operator by other improvised means.
To solve the problem, the following devices will help:
- Paperclip. To the question of how to remove the SIM card from the iPhone, the most popular answer is a paper clip. To do this, you need to perform a few simple actions:
- Press the edge of the paper clip on the button, which is responsible for pulling out the slot, respectively the card;
- After that, it should be a characteristic click, as a consequence of the fact that the cover slot moved away;
- you can use your fingers to pull out the slot.
- Needle. Use the same principle to find the slot, insert the end of the needle in the desired hole, where the key used to be inserted. And after the snap, with your own efforts pull the lid to the maximum to pull the card of the mobile operator without the key.
Alternative improvised means in such a case could be a wire, a dental probe, any other elongated thin object. If you are interested in a specific model, for example, how to remove the SIM card from the iPhone 5, the 4th, 5th, 6th modification of the smartphone has a slot located on the side of the panel, earlier models have it on the top of the body, but the principle of action itself will be the same.
The card is jammed: what to do??
Important! Be careful. do not apply too much force, so as not to break the capricious technique. If the SIM card tray gets stuck while being pulled out, we advise you to do the following:
- Try to gently pick up the backing with a sharp object and pull it towards you, moving it slightly in different directions;
- With a thin needle try to correct the position of the SIM card, which lies unevenly. Be careful not to try to stick the needle deep inside to avoid hitting the mechanisms;
- Gently tap the device on the edge of the table so that the card is in the right position, you can now pull it out.
If you have not been able to sort out the problem yourself, contact the service center. Specialists will cope with the task. in a couple of minutes you will get a smartphone with an open slot!
Now you can easily remove the SIM card and be able to replace it with another if necessary. We hope, our tips will help you!
To avoid wasting finances and your own time on trips to the service center, you must learn in advance how to insert and remove the SIM card, so that when you replace it, it will not damage the connector of your mobile device. In addition, you need information about in which slot to insert the SIM card. It is worth mentioning that starting with the iPhone 5, the device includes a tray for a special put. That’s why you should not insert the usual SIM cards into the tray.
Inserting the sim card into the iPhone 5, 6s
If you buy a new iPhone, notice that the SIM card is inserted in the special tray. In this case, in each new model the size of the SIM card varies. They can be standard sized, microsim, put.
So when buying a SIM-card consult with a sales clerk and select a card which corresponds to the phone slot.
You often wonder how to insert the SIM card into your iPhone 4, 5 or 6s by yourself. In the past, when all SIM cards were sold in standard size, and phones began to come out with slots for micro-SIM, people cut the SIM card themselves or asked to do it by specialists. But this was not always possible, so this method is not recommended. And why, when you can easily buy a SIM-card of the required size?
To insert a SIM card into the iPhone 6 s or other models, you must follow these steps:
Buy a SIM card of the desired size;
- Carefully open the slot where the SIM card is inserted, with the help of a paper clip which should be in the set with your phone. You do not need to use any other piercing, cutting objects, because there is a risk of damaging the slot, and you do not want that;
- With a strong movement, we press on the cover, it should protrude a couple of millimeters. Stop pressing, put there a mini SIM-card chip down and the front side (which is usually written the name of the company cellular operator) up.
- Return the SIM card with the tray into the intended slot on the iPad and sharply press it all the way down.
- To carry out such operation it is possible both at switched on and at switched off phone. It is not necessary to switch it off beforehand.
- After you have successfully inserted the SIM card, the screen will show that the SIM card is blocked. You need to unlock it.
- Next, you need to enter the PIN.code. If suddenly the network is not detected, then go to the “Settings” menu in your iPhone, select the “Operator” item. To make your life easier, you can enable automatic network selection.
After these steps, the phone should be able to make calls and send messages. If it does not. then perhaps the SIM card does not work or there are other problems. In this situation, you should contact the service center of the Apple company, they will help you for sure.
Several ways to remove the SIM card from Apple devices
The SIM card is installed in a special tray of the iPhone. Depending on the model of the device, it can be located in different places. For example, on iPhone 5S the corresponding slot is installed on the right side edge. It can be found with the help of a characteristic hole of small diameter. The tray itself does not stick out from the case and is painted the same color. The same is true for newer models, including the iPhone XS and iPhone 11.
Unlike most other brands of smartphones, you can only put one SIM card in your iPhone. The only exceptions are the versions for the Chinese market. The eSIM, already built into the device, can be an alternative to the second SIM card.
So, to find the SIM card slot, you need to pay attention to the right side edge of your iPhone. The slot is usually located below the volume knob, and its presence is revealed by a small hole. If you found the tray, you can remove the slot and put the SIM card there. But in this case, you should act very carefully so as not to damage components.