How to install a ringtone on iPhone via iTunes. How to install a ringtone on iPhone via iTunes Store
Apple’s popularity only continues to grow, and there are more and more such situations. It’s time to personalize! In this material, we will talk in detail about the creation and installation of our own melody for the incoming iPhone call using a computer.
Since Apple decided to abandon the iTunes with the release of MacOS Catalina in 2019, moving its functionality to standard Finder and music programs, we will describe in detail all the existing options for old and new Macs, as well as for Windows computers.
I will say right away: this method does not work with songs bought in iTunes. But if you purchased a track on Bandcamp or SoundCloud, then it is quite.
Open iTunes and throw off the song you have chosen there. After that, click on the track with the right mouse button and choose the item “Information about the song”. After that, in the “Parameters” section, select any piece of song with a lasting no more than 30 seconds:
Click on OK and convert this song in AAC. You can do this along the path “File” “Convertation”:
After that you will have a shortened version of your song. Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Show in Finder” (“Show in the conductor” if you use Windows).
Then return to iTunes and delete this “stub” of the song from it, but leave the file in place. Open that Finder folder where you have a spanned shortened version of your favorite song. She will be in format.M4A. Rename it so that the permission of the track is in.M4R:
After that, connect your iPhone to the computer and go to iTunes in the device synchronization menu. On the left you will find the item “Sounds”. Just drag your file in format there.M4R:
Where to find a song in mp3 format for rington?
Type in search of Google a type of type: download (artist and song name) mp3. In most cases, the search engine can help you find the necessary track in mp3 format.
Open the Safari browser and go to the site on which you can download the song for the future ringtone in mp3 format.
Press the button (link) for downloading mp3 files.
In the window that appears, click load. If downloading began, an icon (arrow in a circle) will appear in the upper right corner).
Open the iOS download manager (arrow in the circle) in the upper right corner and make sure that the file is downloaded. If you wish, click on it to listen.
Note: as a more convenient alternative to download tracks in MP3 format from a computer, you can use the ICLOUD DRIVE web version. To do this, go to the computer by link, enter the Apple ID data and download the necessary compositions into the Apple cloud service (See further actions according to the instructions)
Download the musical application manufactured by Apple itself. Garageband (present on many iPhone and iPad by default).
Launch Garageband. Using this application, we adjust the loaded melody in the ringtone and it will automatically be displayed in the “sounds, tactile signals” section on the iPhone.
If you have previously created projects in Garageband, click a plusik in the upper right corner to create a new. If you first open the application, miss this item.
Select the Audioral Corder template in the “Path” tab
Click on the icon with the image of the loop.
Click on the “View objects from the“ Files ”program” button in the “Files” tab.
The loaded melody will be in the “Recent” tab. But you can find and through a “review” opening the “loading” folder. Select a downloaded file.
Press and hold the file, and then move it to the very beginning to a temporary scale.
Click on a checkmark and click on the menu “My Songs”.
Press and hold your finger on the resulting file (usually has the name “My Song”) until the context menu appears. Click “Share”.
Change the name of the ringtone and click export.
In the process of export, the message “Use the sound how” will appear. Click on it.
Indicate how to use the created ringtone:
- Standard ringtone. Created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming calls.
- Standard message sound. Created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming messages (Imessage and SMS).
- Assigning contact. When choosing this option, created ringtone can be assigned as a melody of incoming calls for a certain contact.
- Ready. The created ringtone will be loaded into iOS settings along the way: sounds, tactile signals → Rington and will become available for choice.
Ios 15. Set ANY Song as Ringtone on iPhone !
How to create a ringtone for iPhone using iTunes
Launch iTunes on a computer and add the necessary song to the library. To do this, press the file file. Add to the media text. After that, select the file and it is imported into iTunes.2. Click with the right mouse button on the uploaded file in iTunes and select the “Information” item. We go to the “Parameters” tab.
Rington’s duration for iPhone is limited to 30 seconds. It is necessary to set the checkmarks at the “beginning” and “end” points and indicate the period of time that will be used in the ringtone. Click “OK”.4. Now you need to click once again with the right mouse button on the song in iTunes and select “Create a version in AAC format”. A duplicate of our song in the media will appear.
Now press the right mouse button on the new file and select the item “Show in Finder” (“Show in the conductor” for Windows). The folder with this file will open.
Initially, it was created in the M4A format and it must be changed to M4R (this is the format of the ringtones for iPhone). It is enough to enable the renaming the file (the “Enter” button for OS X or “F2” for Windows), and replace the extension. If in Windows it is not displayed, you should enable the “extension display for registered file types” in the service of the service. The folder paws (the tab tab).7. Now you need to return to iTunes and delete the file created by us. Click on it with the right mouse button and select the “Delete” item in the dialog box that appears “Leave the file”.
It remains only to return in the conductor to the renamed file and press it twice. After that, the ringtone is imported into iTunes on the call tab “. Instead of double pressing, you can repeat the import procedure from point “1” and indicate the new created ringtone.Nine. We connect the iPhone to the computer, go to the “Calls” section on the device and turn on synchronization. After choosing ringtones and pressing the “synchronize” button, all melodies will fall on the phone.Ten. We go into iOS settings and go to the sound point. Rington. Among the standard melodies your new loads will appear, they can be selected as a melody for a call.
If your iPhone is with jailbreak, then you can use an alternative way to add ringtones.
Using iOS programs
IOS programs: Pixabay will help install ringtone
There are applications in the open spaces of the App Store that offer a simplified way of editing ringtones. Such utilities contain a basic set of tunes that are suitable as a call. Among these applications, the following are distinguished:
They contain catalogs, as well as the possibility of editing the desired elements. For example, it is allowed to cut them or add the effect of attenuation.
Unfortunately, the iOS system does not allow them to install them directly from the applications. To do this, the developers of utility added instructions with pictures how to put a song on the iPhone call through PC. To do this, you need a desktop version of iTunes. Applications are free, but be prepared for annoying advertising.
Preparation before installing a ringtone on iPhone using iTunes
To get started, we need a computer with the Mac or Windows operational system. The ITUNES program should be installed on the PC, as well as the audio file of the permissible format (accurately suitable.Mp3) with your favorite track.
- Launch iTunes. “Menu” “File” “Add to the media”. The conductor window opens. Find and click twice for the desired track.
- After loading the audio files on iTunes, we include a cursor on it and click on the right mouse button. Click on “information” “Parameters”.
- Put the marks of the beginning and end of the musical fragment we need. According to the factory installations, the iphone ringtone cannot last longer than 30 seconds. Click “OK”.
- Once again we put the cursor to the track and click on the right mouse button. Click “Create a version in AAC format”. If you did everything right, a copy of your song will appear in the media text.
- With the right button, click on the just created audio file and go to the subsection “Show in Finder” (Mac) or “Show in the conductor” (Windows). A folder with a place of storage of audio recording in the PC file system will appear on the screen.
- By default, the file is stored in.M4A format. Rename the file by changing the extension to.M4R. The necessary expansion can be selected from the drop.Down menu in the lower part of the window or imprinted manually.
- We return to iTunes and delete the audio file created by us from the media. Click on it with the right mouse button and click “Delete”. In the dialog box that opens, select the option “Leave the file”.
- Return to the conductor and click twice to the renamed file. Rington will be automatically imported into the media, but already on the tab with calls. If this does not happen, try adding the ringtone to iTunes as indicated in the 1st paragraph.
- Connect the iPhone to PC and start synchronization with iTunes. Can be done completely, you can only for calls. All the ringtones stored in the iTunes media text will be loaded in the iPhone.
- We go to iPhone settings Rington sounds. If all previous actions were completed successfully, then the new composition will appear among available standard ringtones. Choosing our ringtone as a melody for a call.
Roman Vladimirov. Apple expert, Pedant Manager.Ru. Appleiwatch consultant.NAME, co.Author of articles. Has been working with Apple products for more than 10 years.
Ways to throw your ringtone
To change the melody of a call to the iPhone to your own, you will have to study technical details:
It is also necessary to take into account the version of the iOS operating system and the device model.
Download from the Internet
Starting with iOS 13, engineers provided for the possibility of downloading the rington in mp3 format through the Safari browser. Now, in order to put your favorite song or an alarm clock on the iPhone, you do not need a stationary computer, just find and download the file. This is free and is done literally in 5 minutes:
- Open the Safari browser, enter an arbitrary request into the search bar, go to the website;
- Choosing a melody, it is necessary to say an audio file;
- The window will be displayed. It should be consent to loading;
- The Safari browser loading manager will display a downloaded track (it is recommended to make sure the file integrity and listen to the composition);
- Having moved to the application store, the GarageBand utility should be installed (if not installed);
- After starting the program, the main menu will be displayed where by selecting the “” icon, you need to add a melody loaded earlier;
- After integration, open the “paths” tab. “Audioral Corder”;
- Switch to the appropriate path mode, and then cut the melody, choosing the “loop” icon in the upper right corner;
- After the process is completed, go to the “files” and click onto the downloaded file;
- By choosing audio with the help of “holding”, transfer the melody to the application area (temporary scale);
- To open the additional menu. “My songs”;
- In the window that opens, select the melody, and then export the file (“share”, the “ringtone” format, the “export” function;
- Upon completion of exports, select the “use sound as” parameter by installing on a call, alarm clock, incoming messages or another event.
Itunes store on a mobile phone
The ITUNES Store integrated utility allows you to quickly install a ringtone available in the IPHone media text without using a computer.
How to Import Ringtones from pc to IOS
- Go to the settings of the device, select the item “Sounds”, “Rington”;
- In the upper part of the open menu, go to the “Sounds store”;
- The displayed sample of sounds is available for listening;
- After acquiring the composition, the corresponding function opposite the melody will be available.
Via iTunes on a computer
One of the simplest installation methods is to use the functionality of the iTunes media center. Itunes provides quick editing of the melody with further installation as a call signal.
Rington installation methods using iTunes on iPhone:
- It is necessary to install the iTunes utility on a computer, and pass authorization;
- Choose a melody from the library, click PKM (right.Button mouse) to the file, opening the “Information” tab. The section “Information” will work with the duration of the track, setting the necessary values: the beginning and end;
- After the editing is completed, you must re.Click PCM to the file, and activate the function “Create a version in AAC format”. The program will create a copy of the melody in the system catalog in the right format;
- To search for the file, select the function “Show in Finder” or “Show in the conductor”;
- The detected melody should be converted into the “M4R” format, and then remove the file created earlier from the library;
- By re.Moving to the conductor, you need to add the file to the ITUNES program library;
- By connecting the device using a USB cable, click the function “synchronize sounds”-“synchronize”;
- Rington will be transferred to a mobile device. For installation in the system, you need to go to the iPhone settings, sounds.
The new melody will be installed to call.
Download collection from App Store
The App Store application store has several dozen various applications that allow you to install a free application with the Ringtones library on any iPhone.
Sample of popular applications with free musical compositions lasting 30 seconds:
Ringtone Designer 2.0, will win the library of free sounds, as well as high.Quality living wallpapers:
The above utilities are distributed on a free basis, but advertising is possible inside the program.
Third.Party applications for PC
Functional programs are available on the network, optimized for stationary operating systems Windows and MacOS.
After downloading the ITOOLS program from the developer’s official website, open the utility, and connect the device to PC.
In the “Media” tab, open the “Ringtone” item, and then activate the “Make Ringtone” function. Using the “Choose” parameter, specify the source file and cut up to 30 seconds. At the end, click “Save Import”. The finished file will be transferred to a mobile device.
Easeus Mobimover. A free program available on Windows and MacOS OS. Before starting work, you need to prepare a melody: cut and convert a ringtone into the M4R format using any online editor.
By connecting the iPhone to the computer, start the MobileMover utility, and then select the “Custom” parameter. In the displayed window, it is necessary to go to the parameters “Audio”, “Ringtones”. In the window opened, you need to transfer an arbitrary file and activate the “Transfer To this Device” function. After successful synchronization, the audio file will be transferred to the iPhone.
The program has a practical and simple integration. To transfer the rington, it is necessary to drag the file into the illuminated white circle (on the main page of the program), and then wait for the completion of synchronization. The utility is available for Windows and MacOS operating systems.
IFUNBOX specialized utility ensures the rapid transmission of audio files from a computer to the iPhone:
- Download here and start the program;
- Connect devices to PC (personal computer);
- Select the tab of the same name on the right side of the screen;
- Drafting an audio file to the “Rington” section of the iPhone device.
Now the composition will be displayed in the list of standard smartphone melodies.
How to save ringtone on a computer
Those who know how to open itunes (this is such a program on a computer, do not confuse with the ITUNES SRORE store), we recommend synchronizing the bought sound.
Now the ringtones you bought for the iPhone will remain on the hard drive of the computer and it will not be so sorry for the money spent.