Personalize the iPhone home screen with aesthetic apps and widgets
Changing the appearance of iPhone app icons is quite easy.
Apple’s iPhone has always lagged behind Android phones in terms of home screen customization, but the release of iOS 14 last year has changed a lot. iPhone users can now create home screen themes filled with their own unique app icons and widgets.
The iPhone 15 rumor just gave me a good reason to skip the iPhone 14
Combined with custom wallpaper, custom themes can create quite an aesthetic effect. And with the new Focus mode in iOS 15, you can create completely unique home screens for different locations and times of day.
Setting up these custom widgets and app icons requires two iPhone apps: a lesser-known native app and a free third-party app on the App Store. Read on to learn how to customize the home screen on iOS 14 or iOS 15.
To learn more, learn how to change iOS 15 settings like a power user, seven ways to Android upgrade your iPhone and 10 hidden iOS 15 features you may have missed.
How to split screen into 2 parts on your laptop?
So, now to divide the screen into two equal parts, you just need to open the required window and press “WIN-arrow left or right” key combination. The previously selected active window will move to the selected side and the other windows will be displayed as thumbnails.
In order to activate Split Screen mode in Android 9.0 Pie, you need to do four things: swipe up on the function screen button, select the first app at the top of the screen, press the Split Screen button, then select the second app to display at the bottom of the screen.
How to set up dual monitor mode
Contributor(s): Travis Boylls. Travis Boylls is an author and editor writing about technology for wikiHow. Experienced in technical writing, computer technical support, and graphic design. Specializing in Windows, macOS, Android, iOS and Linux. Studied graphic design at Pikes Peak Community College.
Number of views of this article: 263 075.
This article describes how to connect two monitors to a Windows or Mac OS X computer. If you use two monitors as one, your desktop will be twice as big.
- Identify your motherboard model.
- Type your motherboard model into a search engine (like Google).
- Select a search result that lists the functions of the motherboard.
- Look for “Multi-Display”, “Multi-Monitor” or “Dual Display.
- VGA is usually a blue rectangular port with 15 holes. It usually has screw holes on the side to secure the VGA cable. VGA ports are used on older computers and most modern monitors do not support this type of connection. However, you can still connect your new monitor to VGA with an HDMI-VGA adapter.
- DVI is usually white with 24 holes. Also has a slot with 4 extra holes to the right. Like VGA, DVI ports usually have screw holes on the side to secure the DVI cable. DVI is another type of video connection which is a thing of the past and is mostly used in older computers and monitors. It supports higher resolution than VGA, but does not support modern HD or 4K monitors. As with VGA, most modern monitors do not support this type of connection, but they can still be connected to DVI using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter.
- HDMI is a small and narrow rectangular port with the bottom corners rounded inward. Some small laptop models may have a mini-HDMI or micro-HDMI port. These ports are about the same shape as regular HDMI ports, but much smaller. An HDMI port is standard on most newer monitors. It is used in most computer monitors and HDMI televisions, and supports resolutions up to 4K and high dynamic range (HDR). Although HDMI is a standard, there are several types. HDMI 1.4 supports 4K at 30 frames per second or HD (1080p) at 120 frames per second. HDMI 2.0 supports 4K at 60 frames per second. HDMI 2.1 supports up to 10K, specifically 4K at 120 frames per second.  X Source
- DisplayPort is a narrow rectangular port with the bottom right corner cut off. Some laptops use a mini-DisplayPort of the same shape but smaller. DisplayPort is a newer connection type, used mostly in computer monitors rather than televisions. DisplayPort supports AMD FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync. DisplayPort 1.2 supports 4K at 60 frames per second. DisplayPort 1.3 supports 4K at 120 frames per second. DisplayPort 1.4 supports 8K at 60 frames per second and HDR. DisplayPort 2.0 supports up to 16K at 60 fps. This type of connection is capable of supporting multiple monitors connected to each other through a single DisplayPort.
- USB-C/Thunderbolt 3. USB-C. Small, pill-shaped port. Thunderbolt 3 ports are the same shape as USB-C and support USB-C connectivity, but they usually have a lightning icon next to them. USB 3.0 usually have a rectangular USB Type-A port. USB 3 port.0 can be connected to an HD monitor with a USB-to-HDMI adapter. The USB-C output can be connected to a monitor for up to 4K images at 60 frames per second. Thunderbolt 3 supports even higher resolutions. However, not all monitors have a USB-C port. If you don’t have one, you can connect your monitor to your computer using a USB-C-HDMI or USB-C-DisplayPort adapter.  X
- Some monitors may have a different type of port from the one used on your computer. Buy a cable that matches the ports on both sides. For example, if your computer has a mini-HDMI port and your monitor has a regular HDMI port, you will need a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable.
- On some computers equipped with a USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port, you can connect multiple monitors to the same port by using a USB-C/Thunderbolt dock. Just keep in mind that some laptops (MacBook with one USB-C/Thunderbolt port) may not support multiple monitors connected to one port.  X Source
Plug the second monitor’s power cord into an electrical outlet. Plug the monitor’s power cord into a power outlet or surge protector.
Turn on a second monitor. Press the power button on the second monitor so that it turns on and is ready to receive the computer’s video signal. Then set up monitors in Windows or Mac OS X.
Item Two. Application shortcuts
App shortcuts are the second thing you need to look at if you want to design your home screen nicely in iOS 14.
There are many design options available:
- Some users simply sort the applications by the colors of the standard icons and make a nice external picture from what they have;
- others use workarounds and change app icons to customize them to a certain theme/fandom;
- Some people even remove all apps from the home screen and use only the app library.
Which option to choose, see for yourself. I will just say that in the instruction that we will provide below, there are a few nuances and you better know them before you spend 2 hours on the design.
Why creating beautiful app shortcuts on iOS 14 can be inconvenient:
- Notifications don’t come. if you’re going to set up pretty shortcuts, you have to accept the fact that you won’t have notifications (message counts) displayed at the top. There is a way out of this: you can replace the applications that do not send notifications with beautiful icons. clock, calculator, locator, settings, wallet. To be honest, that’s a disadvantage. I, for example, even like it better when there is no red circle with numbers above a beautiful icon. Live more peace of mind until you get to the app.
- Opening Delay. There is a problem that when you click on the shortcut, it takes you to the “Quick Commands” and then to the app itself. It’s only a fraction of a second, but a lot of people are pissed off by this delay.
How to make an iOS 14 app shortcut look pretty
So if you’ve made up your mind, let’s talk about how to make your iOS 14 home screen look pretty.
- Go into the “Quick Commands” app. It’s standard, so you don’t need to download anything.
- Click on “Add New Command.
- Next, we open the three dots at the top.
- Obligatory. “Add to the home screen.
- Name the command whatever we want, we can even use Emoji.
- Then you tap on the icon and upload your photo.
- Save a quick command.
- Return to the working screen, move the icon where you want.
Don’t forget to send the original apps to your library so they don’t get confused with your design.
How to split the screen into two parts on a Mac?
Hold down the full screen button in the upper left corner of the window. When you press the button, the window is minimized and you can drag it to the left or right side of the screen. Release the button and then click the window on the other side of the screen to start using both windows at the same time.
To exit Split View, tap and hold. then click “Merge all windows” or “Close all tabs ([number]). You can also click on the. to close the tabs one by one.
Moving content in Split View applications
When you have two or more applications open, you can drag and drop content (text, pictures, and files) between them, such as text or pictures from an e-mail or web page to a Notes application, or from a web page to an e-mail or text message.
- Open two apps in Split View or Slide Over mode.
- Tap and hold the item you want to move to separate it from a document, email message, Web page, or note.
- Drag it to another application.
- You can also select multiple items by dragging the first one lightly and selecting the second one with your other finger, but this operation will require some skill.
How to merge windows in the browser?
Left-click the first tab in the window you want to merge, then hold down the Shift key and left-click the rightmost tab. All of the tabs you select for the current window can now be dragged and dropped as a group into another Chrome window.
Simply press and hold the Windows key, then press the LEFT ARROW key, then the UP ARROW key to pin the window to the upper left quadrant, for example. There you go, nice and easy! Fix the windows by splitting the screen into two or four equal parts. it’s certainly handy.
When using the right tools, such as Tenorshare iCareFone. We expect that after all this you have learned that the iPhone screen is broken, how to back up. For more technical help and solutions, keep reading our blogs.
Q1: How can I access my iPhone with a broken screen?
Using the right tools and techniques, you can access your iPhone even after its screen is broken.
Q2: How to trust a computer on an iPhone with a broken screen
Using an external keyboard, you can trust the computer on the iPhone. Or you can simply change the screen.
Q3: How do I back up an iPhone with an unresponsive screen
Often a broken iPhone doesn’t respond properly. So you can back up this type of device just by repairing it and replacing the screen.