A review would not be complete without a comparison with other platforms. Actually there are always two competitors (on the ARM platform): iOS and GNU/Linux. The viewer on the iPad is built into the system (Google what were you thinking, and?) And it allows you to look through documents from any program, which is undoubtedly correct and convenient. This is what the files from dropbox look like (thanks payalnik): The rendering is perfect. (How to size it into an album is not very clear)
Then I ran my OpenOffice and compressed it to the size of the tablet window: Also very, very good. Plus, of course, everything can be edited, and the oography checker swears at quasi-Latin. (Panels, of course, can be removed to taste, adaptation for tablets is necessary.)
How to open a DOCX document on your Android phone in OfficeSuite
The OfficeSuite app has a free version with which you can view a DOC or DOCX document on your smartphone or tablet. File editing functionality is available in the OfficeSuite Premium premium version.
The application has features, some of which are available only in the paid version:
- Support of MS Office formats: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, PPTM.
- Other formats support: PDF, RTF, TXT, LOG, CSV, EML, ZIP; (ODT, ODS and ODP formats are available as an addition).
- Export file to PDF.
- Protecting a document.
- Editing PDF.
- Fast signature.
- Text-to-speech conversion.
- Document merging.
- Integration with FileCommander.
- Open OfficeSuite.
- Press the button at the bottom right of the screen to select the document.
- In the Choose File window, select the directory on your phone where the DOCX or DOC file is located.
- Tap the Word file.
- The application window will open the contents of the document.
- To zoom in on text that’s easy to view on your mobile device, activate the “As on the Web” setting. To access the settings, click the three-dot buttons in the upper-right corner of the program window.
Why do you need Word documents on your smartphone?
Every Android owner can answer this question individually. Some work requires constant access to test files, while others read books and interesting notes in doc or docx format.
What’s more, Word not only lets you read Android documents, but also build intricate diagrams, make tables, work with images, links, design texts as an abstract, create templates, and print them out. You should agree that not every text editor offers such an extensive functionality.
What extensions do Microsoft Word document files have
The first version of rtf was only used until 1992, so it is almost impossible to find it now. Doc is more common, if you have Microsoft Word created before 2007, there will be just this format. And docx is the most up-to-date, new and easy to use resolution.
- Open the Documents, Tables, or Presentations app on your Android device.
- Tap the New icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Use a template or create a new file. A new document window opens in the application.
- Open the application OfficeSuite.
- To select a document, tap the button at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the Select File window, select the directory on your phone where the DOCX or DOC file is located.
- Tap the Word file.
- In the application window the content of the document will open.
I can’t open a docx document on my phone. Open docx on Android. a selection of the best apps
Modern tablets and smart phones are increasingly being used not only as smartphones and gaming gadgets, but also as essential aides in work and study. They allow you to record lecture material, view office documentation, keep records, and more. It is impossible to perform these tasks without having on your device a fully-featured editor, which can work with text files DOC and DOCX. That’s why every user of mobile devices must know how to open DOC and DOCX format on Android.
This package comes with HTC devices. HTC has not yet released tablets, so we should not expect miracles of adaptation for them. APK was ruthlessly ripped out of my Hero and installed on the emulator. I would like to note right away that the interface fits perfectly in the large resolution. Although this is a plus for the Android platform rather than software manufacturers.
First let’s try docx: The result, generally speaking, not very much. 1. The picture moved away 2. The formula is displayed like hell, but it is hard to understand anything. 3. The text is terribly small (it affects the non-adaptation to the big screen) 4. The 2007 Word styles are not displayed.
On the plus side: 1. The formatting is more or less left, the table is in place, basically readable.
Doc looks the same, so we will not cite it here.
Enrar software, familiar to mobile computer lovers from Palm and WM2000. Once had a desktop part that converted office files into its special format and displayed the already prepared files on the HPC. Now there is no converter, everything happens directly on the device. By the way the program allows you to view files for free, and to edit you need to buy a key for 15.
Looks nice in my opinion, better than QuickOffice, color headers in place. But again, the picture is off and the formula is crooked, but you can understand something.
Unlike the others doesn’t provide editing capabilities (the name hints at it) for any money. Works like the old Documents2Go, sends files to its server, does something there. displays the result. docx: Formatting is saved more or less, instead of a formula some fork. It is interesting what kind of software is used for distilling documents. The smoothing of the fonts is horrible, it is hard to read it. doc: Well, the result is good. It would be almost perfect, if it were not for the crooked fonts. The disadvantages are the inability to run the program without fast internet. Although, on the other hand, where did the file come from if there is no internet? So it’s not too critical. It should also be noted that the program does not adjust the size of the document to the size of the device, so it would be unreal to read documents on phones.
This program is installed on the Samsung Galaxy Tab, moreover, is available in the Market. Whether they are the same version is unknown to me, so we will be happy with the version on the market. The program has a terrible greed, namely, does not even want to show the files without buying the key. The key costs 10 for all types of documents (doc, xls, ppt, pdf) or 6 for each. Thanks to the fact that the marketplace can return the program within 24 hours and get back my hard-earned money I was able to test it. I think this is a huge advantage of Market, no need to buy a pig in a poke. AFAIK this is nowhere to be found. docx: Picture is off, no formula at all, formatting more or less intact. Table is fine. You can read the text. doc is the same. I do not know if Samsung will fix something in this software, but you can not. and more and demands money for almost nothing. So the program will have to return. eat yourselves.
Free program, positioned as an Android client for Google Docs. Actually I had high hopes for the program, because the service from google render my test files almost perfectly (except for the formulas).
See: EPIC FAIL. Unfortunately the program shows only text and with some stripes. So it is rejected once.
How to open DOCX file in Microsoft Office on Android
When you need a program that opens DOCX on Android, the first thing you need to try is an application from the creator of these office formats, Microsoft Corporation. One Microsoft Office application: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.” includes all the necessary applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lens.
Microsoft Office is designed to replace the separate programs that were previously available for working with text files, tables, and presentations. From this page of the Google Play store you can download the new Office app.
You need to sign in to your Microsoft account to access the features.
The Office application has a wide range of functionality:
- Create and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents in one place.
- Support for other text formats.
- Creating PDF files from documents or photos.
- Convert photos taken on your phone into a Word document or Excel spreadsheet.
- Inserting pictures into PowerPoint presentations.
- Scan QR codes.
The following steps will be required:
how to open DOCX file in your mobile phone | MS word file in mobile
- Click on the folder button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the “Browse” window, select the location on your phone where the Word file is stored.
- Click on the file to open it in the program window.
- Word document content is viewable and editable.
Applications for viewing docx files
If you only need the program for reading, you don’t need to download a bulky, sophisticated editor. An ordinary “reader” will cope with this task with flying colors. Therefore, turn your attention to:
ReadEra. 4.8 points
Easy-to-use application with a wide range of features and pretty flexible settings. Among the pluses users stand out:
- Compatible with most text formats.
- Scales text based on screen size and page orientation.
- Low weight (21 MB).
- Russian speaking tech. Support that solves user problems rather than limiting itself to boilerplate responses.
As for the cons, it is difficult to isolate them, as the developers are responsive to the wishes of users and implement most of their suggestions whenever possible. The remaining drawbacks are subjective, and therefore not worth mentioning
AlReader. 4.6 points
One of the best mobile “readers” to date. The app is compatible with a variety of text formats (docx, fb2, txt) and supports one / two page view mode. For most elements (fonts, colors, text styles, etc.n) the user can set their own preferences. Also among the declared functionality is the choice of encoding of the viewed file and the correct hyphenation for 20 different languages. The main pluses are free (you can support the developers with a donation) and Russian-speaking technical support, which does not give out generic replies, and gives each user a detailed response to the marked problem.
The first time you start the program, it automatically opens a textual instruction on how to use it. Swipe from left to right to access the menu.
Doc Viewer. 3.6 points
Although this application does appear in the list of suggested applications when you’re looking for a program to work with.docx files on Android, it is not very popular with users. The disadvantages are the lack of page retention (which is extremely inconvenient when reading large books), obtrusive ads that appear after every 5 pages read, as well as the lack of text optimization and a number of other shortcomings. Of the pluses. a high speed of processing and a small weight of the application itself (which for devices with a small amount of internal memory is extremely important).
Doc Reader. 3.6 points
Simplified mobile “reader”, designed to work with major “Wordov” formats. On the plus side, it is lightweight and intuitive. But the disadvantages are much more. Among them:
- The lack of a Russian-language description and, as a consequence, Russian-language tech. Supports.
- Obtrusive ads that appear at least 2-3 times every 5 minutes.
- Long, very long time to open a document.
- Minimal functionality.
How to open a DOCX document on your Android phone with OfficeSuite
The OfficeSuite app has a free version, with which you can view a DOC or DOCX document on your smartphone or tablet. The file editing function is available in the OfficeSuite Premium paid version.
The application has these features, some of which are only available in the paid version:
- Support for MS Office formats: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM.
- Support of other formats: PDF, RTF, TXT, LOG, CSV, EML, ZIP; (ODT, ODS and ODP formats are available as an addition).
- Export file to PDF.
- Document protection.
- Edit PDF.
- Quick Signature.
- Converting text into speech.
- Merge Documents.
- Integration with FileCommander.
- Open OfficeSuite.
- To select a document, click on the button at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the “Select File” window, select the directory on your phone where the DOCX or DOC file is located.
- Click on the Word file.
- This will open the document content in the application window.
- To zoom in on text that’s easy to view on a mobile device, activate the “As on the Web” settings item. To access the settings, press the three-dot buttons in the upper right corner of the program window.