How to find out your email address on your phone
When all processes are automated and the email address has not been entered for a long time, it can be forgotten or lost. There are different ways to find it out, because the smartphone and services on the network store this information.
It is recommended to come up with an address in such a way that you can easily remember it. Your email username and password are important information. The more often you use them, the more important it is to keep the information. After all, it is through mail that you can regain access to any resource, change your login settings, and manage your privacy.
Let’s assume that a situation has arisen when all the services were configured on the gadget, but over time the email address is forgotten. In this case, we suggest that you view it in one of the following ways.
Only the information that was created and linked to the service can be retrieved. If you do not have a mailbox, you will have to create one first.
Via Play Market
This option is appropriate for those who have a registered box email@example.com. These are the servers with which the official app store for Android gadgets has direct integration. This address is specified during registration and stores user information.
Viewing will be available if you follow the sequence of steps:
- launch the Play Market application;
- In the upper left corner, find the icon in the form of three horizontal bars, which will open the main menu;
- the pop-up sidebar in the title will contain the owner’s name and e-mail address to which the profile is linked.
In case you can’t remember and email password. Use the procedure to restore access. The most convenient way as a backup is to make a binding to a cellular number.
In the settings of the phone
Any modern phone will ask you to tie it to your mail in order to access all functions. Therefore, in the settings, you can find information about which address was specified as the primary address. The instructions are as follows:
- open the settings menu. You can quickly access the feature through the pop-up curtain and the gear icon;
- find the line “Accounts”;
- in this block look for the option “Synchronization”;
- A list of services and personal accounts linked to your device will be displayed;
- select the desired resource and access all entered email addresses. You just need to choose the option you want.
The names of the settings sections may vary depending on the version of the operating system. Be guided by the general principle and look for similar wording.
From the browser
The web browser also stores information about your current email address. If you have logged in at least once and did not specify that it was “someone else’s computer,” you can restore the data through the browser. It’s done this way:
- Go to the browser that was used for authorization;
- go to the search engine, which is home;
- in the upper right corner you will see the option to log in to the profile;
- click on the appropriate icon;
- you will see the name of the PC, and the address to which it is attached.
If you remember the end of your mail it will not be a problem to find the “home” search engine. For firstname.lastname@example.org. for Mail email@example.com. for Yandex.
You can change the password saving settings in your browser. This is done via the “Offer to save passwords for sites” option. You can uncheck it if you don’t want it.
If you refer to settings of this function, you will also get a list of attached accounts and registration data for them. The name of a personal account will coincide with the beginning of e-mail address. It remains only to add the symbol “@” and the name of the domain where it is registered.
On social networks
Signing up with your social media email address is another common option. Consequently, social networks can tell you the actual combination of characters, if you do not remember it. All. What you need to do is to go to the settings of the open profile. Such options are available for all services, including Odnoklassniki,. ,. Instagram, etc.
You’ll see only the linked box in the preferences menu. If the address you are looking for was not specified when you registered for the communication app, this method will be useless.
Configuring Mail in the Gmail app on Android
Adding and setting up a new account
Gmail, the mail client preinstalled on Android phones, can be used to collect emails from various mail services, except those that don’t support third-party apps, like the heavily protected ProtonMail and Tutanota. By default it only collects emails addressed to the Google account linked to your device.
To add another email account to your Gmail client, follow these steps:
- Start the app. In case anyone doesn’t know, its label is a white envelope with a red “M” on it.
- Tap the “hamburger” button and open the side menu. Tap the triangle framed in the screenshot to access the account management section.
- Select the mail service you want to connect. For example, if the domain name of the server where your mailbox is located, yandex.ru or ya.ru, choose Yandex; if gmail.com, choose Google, etc. д. If the service you want is not on the list, your choice is “Other. Let’s further examine the last option.
- Enter your email address. Click “Next” to set it to the default settings. If you want to specify your own parameters, tap the “Manual” button.
- If you choose manual settings, the program will ask you to specify one of three account types. For private mail these are POP3 or IMAP protocols (what to choose, you can find out from the user manual of your mail service). For mail on a corporate server. Exchange, unless otherwise used.
- In the next step, specify the incoming message server. If it is not detected by the program, you will need to refer to the manual of your email service.
- Then write down the address of the outgoing messages server and enable auto-login if you want. Then you will not have to enter your password every time you access your inbox.
- Almost done with basic setup. All you need to do is enable or disable synchronization with the mail server. If allowed. set the frequency of synchronizations (the default is 15 minutes), and enable or disable the notification of new emails and auto-loading of attachments when the phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Account added. At the final step you can change your name that will be displayed in the messages you send. By default the account login is specified instead of the name.
We can end here, but if you want to configure the new box more finely, open the side menu again in the app, scroll down and tap the “Settings” button.
Select the account you want to edit.
The following options are available to change:
- Account name (email address).
- Your name (account name is used by default).
- Signature in the letter.
- Linking to another Gmail address.
- Request to see images in emails (if you have a slow Internet connection or charge by traffic volume it’s better to turn it on).
- Synchronization with a mail server and its frequency (high frequency of synchronizations increases traffic volume and accelerates discharge of the phone battery).
- Automatic download of files attached to emails when connected to Wi-Fi.
- New email notifications.
- Sorting of incoming mail by categories (unsorted emails, social networks, forums, promotions, and notifications). Not supported by all email services.
- Automatically replies to incoming emails. Not supported by all email services.
- Auto-substitution of quick replies. Not supported by all email services.
- Choose a ringtone to notify you of an incoming message.
- Adding shortcuts.
- Vibrosingal to notify about receipt of mail.
- Incoming and outgoing mail servers (username, address, port and encryption type) and more.
You add other email accounts to Gmail the same way. There’s no limit on how many accounts you have. Using manual settings, as described above, is usually not necessary, except for connecting corporate accounts or some exotic mail. Otherwise, it chooses the best settings by default.
How to change and delete your Gmail account
Gmail displays only one account’s correspondence by default. the currently active one. To check another’s email, you need to make it active.
All connected accounts are displayed in the top field of the main application menu (hidden behind the “hamburger” button). To switch between them you just need to touch the label you want. And for simultaneous loading of messages from all your mail select “All mailboxes” in the list of options.
How to create a new Gmail inbox?
Go to settings and click “Apps and Notifications” → “App Details”. Select “Gmail” → “Storage”. Tap “Erase data” and restart your device. If you want to be notified when new mail arrives, you must turn on this feature in Gmail.
Android sync using wireless connection
It’s better to use FTP connection for the wireless data exchange method. To do this, it is enough to have a home Wi-Fi router:
- Before you start, you have to download “Moto File Manager” or the analogue that can automatically create FTP connection.
- Open the hidden panel in the application and select the item “Remote management”.
- In the new window select “Connect“, set login and password if necessary.
- The application will create an FTP connection and indicate the address to connect to, you should enter in the address bar of the file manager on your PC. After that it will open access to the memory of the device to exchange information.
How to learn the e-mail on phone by means of applications of post services
Software products from major e-mail services are professional tools to work with e-mail. Naturally, all addresses are stored in them. It is especially convenient because one-time login secures the credentials.
It should be noted that it is not necessary to install each of the options, because one application can work with different servers. However. With home operability is higher.
A summary of how mobile email apps can help with the issue is presented in the video below
The work of the service is to quickly check and display new emails from different senders. In order to find out the requested information, you need:
- Download and install this program on your smartphone;
- will launch it through the appropriate icon;
- when downloaded, the incoming message box will be shown;
- to find out the detailed parameters, let’s turn to the menu, which is encrypted by an icon in the form of three horizontal bars, located in the upper right corner;
- A pop-up sidebar will appear with the owner’s name and email address.
The field you are looking for is just below the avatar thumbnail.
This service is usually installed on Android smartphones by default. Launching the app from Google Mail takes you to the menu of the last box you used. The list of actual unread messages will be displayed. To see what addresses are being synced with, do the following:
- Find the icon in the form of an avatar or the first letter of your name in the upper right corner of the working window;
- click on this round-shaped item;
- will display a list of linked email accounts with addresses;
- you will also see the statistics about the number of unread mails.
There is no limit to the number of accounts that can be bound.
Principle of work of the service is similar to previously described analogues. You can find out the email address on your phone through the information in the pop-up panel on the side on the left. To call the appearance of this element, you need to go to the menu, which is denoted by an icon in the form of three stripes.
Other mail services
Any mail service will prompt the address with which it works. Since it’s the user who gives you access to updates by specifying your password, it’s very important to sign out of programs you don’t use in a timely manner. This is one of the basics of cyber security in the network.
Among the available similar programs, which can also be installed on the smartphone, should be highlighted:
- Outlook Mail is a Windows solution that works with multiple protocols. Lightweight design, clear interface and speed of operation distinguish this tool.
- ProtonMail. guarantees additional parameters of anonymity and safety, it uses advanced technology of data encryption. Settings will also please you with flexibility.
- iCloud Mail. cloud storage for those who appreciate the space on physical memory. Works with iPhones and Apple products.
- Yahoo! Mail provides an almost unlimited amount of memory to store your correspondence. Of disadvantages. no folders, labeling and templates for automatic insertion.
Problems with Outlook mail on your phone
During the operation of Outlook mail various problems can arise that can be easily solved.
For instance, one of the most frequent problems is a program failure. In this case you just need to reinstall the application.
If it is not possible to enter the application, you can check the correctness of the entered login and password and then try to enter again. It is also worth checking whether this type of account is supported.
Worked in the mobile phone shops of two major operators for several years. Well versed in tariffs and see all the pitfalls. I like gadgets, especially on Android.
To begin with, the user must go to the official email site and enter the profile settings. After that you need to find the “Change password” section and change it. Logging into this mail through Outlook will result in an error, so you will need to log in again.
Setting up the mailbox via the “Mail” application
To create mail on another server on devices with the Android operating system, there is a special standard application “Mail”.
In the market you can download other programs, which are set up in the same way as the standard one.
If the box already exists and you need to install it on your Android phone, then you must follow these instructions.
- To begin, you must enter your email address and click on the “Manual Setup” button
- In the second step, the system will prompt you to select the type of account. It selects depending on the domain on which the box is registered.In the case of work with the need to select “Personal (IMaP)” when there are no accounts in the system or Personal (RORZ) for those smartphones on which you have previously created accounts.
- After that you need to configure the mail server and enter or replace the following data for “Personal(IMaP)
- IMAP server. imap.;
- Security type. SSL/TLS;
- Port. 993
Important to know! If you can’t connect in the server settings, you need to replace with list.ru
Tip! If you use several accounts on one device, you should give them distinctive names.
You may be interested in this:
Thus it is possible to configure any e-mail address, changing only the name of the server and some other data.
How to set up email on Android
In this video you will see how to set up email on Android.
‘ data-post_id=”49407″ data-user_id=”0″ data-is_needed_logged=”0″ data-lang=”en” data-decom_comment_single_translate=” comment” data-decom_comment_twice_translate=” comment” data-decom_comment_plural_translate=” comment” data- multiple_vote=”1″ data-text_lang_comment_deleted=’Comment deleted’ data-text_lang_edited=”Edited in” data-text_lang_delete=”Delete” data-text_lang_not_zero=”The field is not NULL” data-text_lang_required=”This field is required.”Checked=”Check one of the items” data-text_lang_completed=”Operation complete” data-text_lang_items_deleted=”Items have been deleted” data-text_lang_close=”Close” data-text_lang_loading=”Loading. “