How to Share Wi-Fi Password from iPhone to iPhone!!
Guests with an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or later will simply have to point their device’s camera at the QR code, after which they will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Users of older Apple smartphones can use QR Reader for iPhone or Avira QR Code Barcode Scanner.
Android device users will need to install ZXing barcode scanner or any other application based on ZXing library that can scan barcodes.
- Open your iPhone Settings and select Modem Mode.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Password field. Here will be the name of the Wi-Fi network that the iPhone will create.
- Enter the desired password in the Password field. It must contain at least 8 characters. When you are finished, select Done.
Make sure the other user’s Apple ID is listed in your Contacts app. Move the other user’s device closer to your Mac. On the other user’s device, select the Wi-Fi network. Wait for your Mac to display the “Wi-Fi Password” notification, then click “Share.
How to share a Wi-Fi password on your iPhone quickly
The views and preferences on the manufacturer of the equipment do not always coincide, so you have to look for methods of password exchange between devices running on different operating systems. For this purpose, Android fans have a unique program, built into the system. However, the firmware must be at least Android Q (platform version 10).
- First of all it is necessary to create a QR code, when reading it the exchange will happen. To do this it is necessary to find the item “Network and Internet” in the section “Settings”.
- In the item with a list of all available Wi-Fi networks you need to select the current one, to which the device is connected.
- In the new window that opens, the name and other specifications appear. There are also two functional buttons “Forget” and “Share” at the top of the screen. The second provides the ability to create a unique barcode containing your network password information. It needs to be selected.
- You need a pin code or fingerprint to confirm an action.
- An icon will appear on the screen, which must be scanned using the “Camera” app. Recognition is built into your iPhone, so you don’t need to do anything else.
Pay attention! This method of sharing is the fastest, as it does not require the user to do anything with the iPhone. However, for a number of other devices, it is necessary to consider the presence of necessary programs for reading or generating QR codes.
How to share wifi password from iPhone to iPhone | iPad | iPod
How to share Wi-Fi password on iPhone: you might not know it
Hi! Today we have a topic for iPhone and iPad owners. specifically, about an interesting and much needed gimmick that became available for iOS 11 (and later).
Version 11 of the operating system was introduced in fall 2017. To date, several OS updates have been released, the latest of which 11.4.1. Among some changes, there’s an interesting option that allows you to share your Wi-Fi password between two iPhones or iPads. Agree, sometimes this can really come in handy.
- iPhone 5s, 6/6 Plus, 6s/6s Plus, 7/7 Plus, 8/8 Plus, SE, X smartphones;
- iPad Air/Air 2, 2017, 2018, mini 2/3/4, Pro internet tablets;
- iPod touch portable media players
Updated iOS to version 11 negatively affected iPhone 5s and 6!
How to quickly share a Wi-Fi password on your iPhone and iPad
Unlock iPhone or iPad device Who share password. Also this device must be connected to the Wi-Fi that you want to share with the password.
On the iPhone or iPad device Who wants to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Launch the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi Network. Set the switch next to Wi-Fi. If not.
Now tap on the name of the Wi-Fi you want to join.
Then you have to tap your device next to the device. Unlocked iOS. Which contains the password.
A warning will be displayed on the device containing the password. It will say in a pop-up window: “You want to share the Wi-Fi password forYour Wi-Fi name “with the person’s name.”? Click Share password.
it did! Your other iPhone is now connected to the Wi-Fi.
How to share Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Android using WPS
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). Another commonly used method for transferring a Wi-Fi password from an iPhone to an Android phone, which is available for most Wi-Fi devices. If you couldn’t remember the password, learn more about how to share the Wi-Fi password with WPS using the two buttons as shown below.
Step 1 To share Wi-Fi with your iPhone on Android, all you have to do is go to “Settings” “Network and Internet” “WI-FI” on your Android phone.
Step 2 Scroll down to find the “Wi-Fi Settings” option, then you can click “Advanced” to click the “WI-FI button”.
Step 3 Go to your Wi-Fi router and press the WPS button on the back. Once you hit both buttons, your Android phone will be able to connect to the network without a password.
In addition, you also need to make sure that both your home router and your Wi-Fi client devices support this feature.
- Open the settings on your smartphone.
- Select the Wi-Fi line.
- Change the swing position to activate the Wi-Fi module.
- Choose the network you want by tapping on its name.
- Tap the “Connect” button.
Make sure that the other user’s Apple ID is listed in your Contacts app. Move the other user’s device closer to your Mac. On the other user’s device, select the Wi-Fi network. Wait until the “Wi-Fi password” notification appears on your Mac, then click “Share.
On the device that you want to connect to, go to “Settings” “Cellular” “Modem mode” or “Settings” “Modem mode” and make sure that this mode is enabled. Then check the Wi-Fi password and the phone name.
If you are sure that your operator is not blocking the distribution of mobile internet, then you only need to reset the network settings. To do this, go to Settings. Basic. Reset and select Reset network settings. After resetting you will need to reconfigure the mobile internet and modem mode.May 7, 2017.
Possible problems and their solutions when using iPhone to share Wi-Fi password
It seems that all the connection has been organized according to the rules, but the box “Share password” does not pop up. The main points to consider:
- Both gadgets must have different accounts;
- The user must necessarily be in the contact list of the device that transmits the password.
- Both smartphones must be nearby, at least in the same room.
- If these rules are followed, you need to lock and unlock the first iPhone. That’s when the box should definitely appear.
Also the connection may not be possible due to problems with the connection to the wireless network. In addition to the standard situations, there are also quite common: low data transfer speed and connection. In this case, you can simply properly divide the load on the “wifi” or disconnect devices that are not needed at all. The main thing in any situation is not to panic. Before rushing to the repair service, it is worth trying to fix the situation yourself. The main reasons why the connection may not be available:
- One of the smartphone does not see the right Network to connect because the router is far away.
- It is not possible to establish a connection with the access point. This occurs when the Network is visible to the device, but takes a very long time to connect.
- The Wi-Fi icon is grayed out. This is an indicator that the Wi-Fi on your phone is most likely inactive due to the “Air Mode” feature being enabled. alt=”Wi-Fi icon is grayed out” width=”300″ height=”99″/
- Network is stuck after a short time of connection.
- Slow internet speed. If the data transfer is very slow, you need to solve the problem with the router.
- Increased humidity near one of the gadgets for a long time.
- Disturbance in the software operation of the phone.
There are a few simple things you can do to fix the problem:
- Restarting the phone. It can be normal and forced. This option helps solve not only gadget connectivity issues, but also other gadget malfunctions. If you cannot reboot in the usual way, then you have to press the two keys simultaneously: “Power off” and “Home”. In this case, the phone will reboot automatically. Then, after a while, you can repeat setting up the connection.
- Update the operating system to a new version. Accordingly, the incorrect operation of an outdated version of iOS slows down the work of the gadget. Since updated versions come out very often, by installing them you can solve a lot of problems.
- Set the connection of mobile Internet. If the data transfer is performed correctly by the mobile operator, then you need to look for the reasons in the connection with the router.
- Reset the settings of the gadget to the standard, or factory settings. To do this, you need to go to the menu and in the settings section select “Basic”. And then press the “Reset” button. It is very likely that this way will eliminate all the problems, including the connection to Wi-Fi.
- When there is a problem and nothing fixes it, you should contact a service center.