How to reset the Xiaomi phone to factory settings
Resetting the phone to factory settings is a special procedure that is most often performed before the sale of the device or to eliminate the error that has occurred. During such an operation, all the data is deleted from the smartphone, including saved photos, videos, text documents and applications. Experienced users recommend that before starting the procedure to transfer all the important information to the SD-card or other forced. This will allow you to return the necessary data to the device if necessary.
In this article, we will tell in detail how to drop the Xiaomi phone to factory settings in various ways. We advise you to carefully familiarize yourself with each of the methods, and after moving to action.
Preparation for discharge and saving data
The first thing to do is check the mobile device for the availability of important data (contacts, messages, photos, etc.D.) and copy them to another medium. This can be done in several ways:
- Copy everything manually: rewrite contacts to another phone, transfer files to the external medium, etc.D.;
- Use the official backup of Mi Cloud;
- Use third.Party programs to create recovery points.
During the reset of settings, all data, including photographs, call history, SMS and applications, will be deleted.
Reset through the recovery mode
This method is relevant only for models based on Qualcomm processors with an unlocked bootloader. So, in order to implement on Xiaomi Redmi 3 Hard Reset (the same method is suitable for other smartphones of the company), you need to take a few simple steps.
- You need to turn off your device.
- For personal data security, it is better to extract SIM and SD cards.
- The next step is to clamp the power key until the smartphone begins to vibrate. After clamping the volume button “” for 10 seconds.
- The appearance of the Mi logo will inform you that it is time to release the power button by holding the volume button.
- The choice of language has appeared before us. Choose English. Confirm the choice button “Power”.
- Then Mainmenu will appear before us, in which you need to select the “Wipe and Reset” item using power and volume keys.
- Now we select the item “Wipe User Data”, which will mark the complete removal of user data.
- We agree with the conditions, select the item “Yes”.
- We wait for Xiaomi Redmi 3s Hard Reset to end.
- That’s all. Now we have one step left. Reboot.
Hard Reset this type is relevant for almost all Mi and Redmi models, including Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro and Xiaomi Mi4, only on the condition that they all work on Qualcomm processors.
Hard Reset Xiaomi through the regime of the recovery
This option is already more complicated and requires some qualifications. The DATA folder is deleted, which contains user data. SD card, as in the previous case, is not affected.
Be careful, warnings and requests for confirmation of complete discharge may not be provided, it depends on the firmware version. Therefore, it is not recommended to enter the recovery out of curiosity.
Xiaomi reset options to factory settings
The smartphone can be both working and in non.Working state at the time when the discharge was needed. You can choose a method depending on the conditions. There are 5 options in total:
- Using a built.In data discharge function.
- Through the original bootloader bootloader.
- Through a third.Party recovery menu.
- Using Mi PC Suit from the manufacturer.
- Using the function “Find a smartphone” Google and Mi Cloud services.
Through the menu integration
You can reset the Xiaomi Redmi smartphone or another to standard settings through the integration of the device itself. To do this, go to settings and select “Restoration and Reset” item. In this section, you need to select the “Settings Reset” function, after which the phone will request confirmation of this operation. Further, the system will do everything automatically, depending on the model, the smartphone can be reloaded several times during the restoration process.
Through the stock recovery
Hard Reset Xiaomi through recovery mode is suitable in a situation where the smartphone does not turn on or it is not possible to unlock it after starting. For reset, you need to turn off the device, for additional data protection, you can remove all SIM cards and SD drives if they are installed. Next, you need to perform the following actions:
Factory Reset XIAOMI Redmi 5 Plus. Restore MIUI / Wipe Data
- We clamp the power key, and as soon as the smartphone vibrates, hold the volume button of 10 seconds.
- When the Mi logo appears, the Power button can be released, continuing to hold the volume swing.
- A language selection screen will appear. The menu control in this mode is carried out by pressing the volume keys up and down. Confirmation of the choice. Button “Power”.
- After that, Main Menu will appear, where you need to select the “Wipe and Reset” item (on some devices “Wipe and Recovery”).
- Now you need to activate the Wipe User Data function and confirm the choice by clicking on “Yes”.
- After that, it remains only to wait until the phone finises the reset and reboots.
This reset method is applicable to all devices from Xiaomi, operating on Qualcomm processors, since the bootloader unlocked in these smartphones by default. In the rest, you will have to carry out manual unlocking (it does not work on all devices) or choose another method of reset to factory settings.
Using the TWRP recovery
The method of reset using Team Win Recovery Project is not suitable for every smartphone, although it is one of the popular caste firmware fans for their devices. This is largely due to the fact that each user sets his own option for recovery. At the same time, most of these programs work in a similar algorithm. When reset from TWRP, the procedure is as follows:
- First you need to turn off the mobile device and start it in recovery mode using power and volume keys.
- By default in most recovery programs, English is exhibited. But the language selection menu may appear where you need to choose it.
- In the menu that opened after this, the “Wipe All User Data” item is selected, then you need to confirm the operation.
- When the cleaning is performed, it will also be necessary to perform operations under the points “Wipe Cash” and “Wipe Dalvic”. One of these functions is absent in some models of smartphones, then it is not necessary to use it.
- When everything is completed, it remains only to restart the mobile device by choosing the “Reboot System Now” item.
Via Mi PC Suite
Ways to perform hardware reset described in previous points are suitable only for Xiaomi smartphones with an unlocked bootloader. Without this unlocking, it is impossible to get into the reset menu, instead of starting it, the phone goes into firmware mode. In this case, the reset can be performed using the Mi PC Suite program, which is installed on the computer. At the same time, it is recommended to use the Chinese version of the software, since the English recognizes not all models of smartphones. The algorithm of actions for the discharge is as follows:
- Run Mi PC Suite and connect a smartphone launched in it in firmware mode (to turn on the mode, you need to clamp the power buttons and volume increases).
- A dialog box will open on top of the program on a computer, where you will need to choose a second point, and then. Press the button on the left (in the English version this is “yes”).
- After the system will be reset to the Xiaomi factory settings and all the information saved on the built.In storage of the device.
- When the cleaning is over, you need to select the last list of the list to restart the smartphone. The first load after the hardware discharge takes up to 5 minutes.
How to Factory Reset XIAOMI Redmi 9C – Erase All Data & Customized Settings
Remote discharge via Google or Mi Cloud
Remote reset can be made using Google or Mi Cloud services if the phone is tied to accounts in these systems. In Google, this is performed using the “Find the device” function:
- Go to the Android Devicemanager website and log in from the Google account, on which the Xiaomi smartphone is executed.
- The system will search for attached devices, after which you need to select the tab corresponding to your device.
- On this tab you need to select the “Wipe the Data” function and confirm the choice twice, clicking first on this button, and then on the “Clean” button.
- Cleaning will begin and the notification of “Your Device Has Been Erased” will appear. If the device is disconnected, the wipe will be produced as soon as the smartphone connects to the network.
Hard Reset using the Mi Cloud service is possible only if the user created an account in the cloud and tied a smartphone to it. The procedure in this case is as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Mi Cloud service and log in.
- Go to the “Devices” section and select the phone.
- Click the “Format device” button.
- Reload the device when the cleaning is finished.
What to do before dropping Xiaomi to factory settings
It is important to understand that in case of reset, all personal data are deleted. To avoid loss of information, prepare for the process. Return to factory settings should be preceded by the preservation of a backup through built.In functionality or Mi PC Suite program. It is recommended to postpone photos, videos, system settings and documents for PC. As an option, you can synchronize with one of the accounts (Mi or Google) then proceed to the next step.
After creating a backup, you can drop Xiaomi to the factory settings, and then return the remote data to the phone. To do this, just enter the device and connect to one of your accounts (to the one with which synchronization was carried out). When creating a backup using Mi PC Suite, use this software to restore remote data.
The standard method for resetting Xiaomi settings
Go to the “Settings” and in the “System and device” section, select “Expanded Settings”.
Open the “Restoration and Reset” item.
At the very bottom, select “Reset of settings”.
Click on the “Reset Settings” button.
If a graphic key or password is set, you need to enter it.
Then the system will warn twice that the data will be deleted. If you agree, click “Next” and “OK”.
As you can see, there are a lot of settings of resetting, despite the fact that Xiaomi has a separate version of the Android operating system, which in terms of functionality is very different from other models and manufacturers.
Be sure to create backups, connect the “Find the phone” option, tie the cloud services and remember the passwords that you install, otherwise you will experience numerous problems with such operations.
In a modified reception, reset on factory settings on Redmi 4A and 4X is as follows:
- Perform steps and 2 from the previous method.
- In the main menu, click on “wipe” or “cleaning”.
- At the bottom of the new screen, drag the Swipe to Factory Reset runner with your finger.
- Wait for the completion of the procedure.
- Reload Xiaomi buttons “Reboot” and “System”. They are on the main screen of TWRP.
Hard Reset allows you to restore the optimal smartphone settings in a few simple actions in 5-6 minutes and return the speed laid by the manufacturer.