Remove password on your Samsung with ADB
After a while the previous fixes stopped working. Either due to updates or other circumstances. Thus, I decided to turn to more complicated, but also more effective methods. The one I found was related to the use of Android Debug Bridge or ADB for short, to bypass my Samsung password from its command window. This way I could deactivate the whole system from the inside.
- Download ADB on your computer from their website. Start it up as soon as you’re done.
- Download the files needed for your Samsung model.
- Connect your device to your computer and wait for ADB to recognize it. If USB Debug is not activated, nothing will happen.
- Then go to the search bar on your computer and type ” CMD.
- Then type ” ADB shell rm /data/system/gesture.Key “and hit” Enter.
Similar to previous phones, when unlocking the Pattern Lock on LG by factory reset, the phone must be turned off and charged. Resetting the phone will erase all data from the phone.
- LGNexus 4. Press and hold both volume and power buttons at the same time for 3-4 seconds. You will see an image of an android lying on its back. Use the volume buttons to find the Recovery Mode item and press the on/off button to confirm the selection. The device will reboot and display android with a red triangle. Press and hold the power and volume button for a few seconds until the menu appears. Go to Settings. Factory Data Reset, select “Yes” with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button.
- LGL3. press “Home” “Sound Down” “Power” at the same time.
- LGOptimusHub. press the volume down, home, and power buttons simultaneously.
Hopefully with these instructions you were able to unlock the pattern key on your android phone. I also hope that you needed this instruction because you forgot your password and not for any other reason. If this instruction did not work for your model, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев and I will try to answer as soon as possible.
Forgot lock code or pattern key
Perhaps the most common situation. You use yourself a device, unlock it with your fingerprint sensor and then the conditional Galaxy S9 picked up and rebooted itself. And, wow, it’s asking for a pin code!
And you entered it when you don’t know when and you don’t remember it anymore! What to do? There are two options:
- Use your Samsung account. We really hope that you have not forgotten it. Go to a special page on the official Samsung website (here’s the link), enter your email address and password. Now you can safely unlock your Galaxy. remove the password or pin code in one click!
- Do not remember anything? Then there remains the most radical remedy. a complete deletion of settings and content. Here are the instructions for the most popular models. Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S9 (the way through the Recovery menu will suit you). Attention! All data will be deleted from your device.
Even unlocking via a full reset can cause problems. And the name of this problem is Google Account.
The thing is, if you had a Google account on your Galaxy, you might see a message like this after you reset it:
An unauthorized attempt to reset the device to factory settings was attempted. To confirm your identity, connect to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
So, you can’t use your device. you’ll need to enter your Google account username and password to unlock it.
How to unlock with your Google Account
If you’ve suddenly forgotten your Samsung phone’s password, you can use your Google Account to recover it, and then set your new details. This method is official and is available for phones up to version 5.0. This option does not work on newer smartphones due to stricter security.
- Enter the picture key five times. If the work is done incorrectly, the Additional PIN code button appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the link that appears and specify the character set that you specified when you created the key.
- If you don’t remember your code, select Google Account Recovery.
To unlock your Samsung phone if you forget the graphical password, enter your mailbox and login password. After that you can delete all the saved data to reset the password and already remember it.
Galaxy Note 8/9: How to Factory Reset & Bypass Password to Restart/Power Off
Reset via Find My Mobile
To perform a remote reset Samsung phone to factory settings, you must:
- Choose the desired gadget from the list.
- In the menu on the right, click on “Delete my device”.
- Click on “Delete” again after the system warns you that it will delete all the information.
- Specify the password of the last account that was connected to the smartphone. This security measure provides extra protection if your phone is stolen. If you can’t remember the password, the service center specialists will help you solve the problem after you present the documents for your device and purchase receipts.
- Wait till the process is completed and the phone reboots.
Disabling the lock in safe mode
Unprotecting by starting the device in Safe Mode is performed if a malware infection is suspected. The essence of the method is to perform the following actions:
- You need to turn off the smartphone, and when you turn it on again, hold down the volume down button.
- If everything is done correctly, “Safe Mode” will appear in the lower left corner.
- One should try to log on using the regular password or the graphic key. In this mode only system applications are active, so the malware is blocked and will not be able to prevent unlocking.
It will be useful to. If the login is successful, you should look through the recently installed applications and remove those that are suspicious or have been installed from an untrusted source.
The most drastic method of how to remove your Samsung phone password if you forget it is a data reset. We are talking about a complete reset of the device to its original settings. This will reset the old data entered as a locking solution. It is important to consider that with this action, all personal information is removed from the smartphone. contacts, music, videos, photos, etc. д. That’s why you should make a backup before you start.
If the copy is ready, you can reset your Samsung to the factory settings if you forget the password. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Turn off the smartphone in the usual way by pressing the power button for a long time.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons. If you don’t have the last button, just press Volume Up and Power.
Now you know how to remove the password from the phone Samsung, if the owner has forgotten it. The minus of the method is that it is very time-consuming and requires a backup before clearing. That’s why it’s the last place you should use it.
Effective program “Dr.Samsung password reset tool
The functionality of professional tool “Dr.You can quickly and conveniently unlock the password on your Samsung cell phone.
Do the following if you accidentally forget your access code:
Click on the Unlock Android Screen option
- Specify your phone model in the program;
- Then turn off your Samsung phone;
- Press Home, Volume Down and Power button simultaneously. Then press the “Volume Up” button to enter boot mode;
- Download the recovery package to your gadget;
- Once the package is downloaded to your Samsung, you will be able to watch the unlocking process successfully complete. No data on your device will be deleted.
Reflashing from PC
This is the most extreme way that can help the user get the password back to an inactive state. If you can not perform a device reset by different methods that are described above, it is necessary to perform more serious methods.
To reflash the device, the user will need a computer, and it is worth downloading a special application called “Smart Switch”.
Once the user has been able to download the program, he should:
- Connect the device itself to the computer;
- Open the application and find in it the item with the connection to the device;
- Next, you need to select the menu item with reflashing;
- Confirm his action with consent.
Reflashing also means deleting all the data. A user who has not copied the phone information in advance risks losing them forever.
This method is suitable for those who manage applications through a Google account. This handy feature that helps not only if the user has forgotten the password or the graphic key, but also when the technique is stolen or lost. Allows you to remotely call the phone, erase data and leave a message that will be displayed when you turn on your smartphone by a stranger.
To control the screens from a distance, you must enter your Google profile from your computer, select the column “My Devices” and perform the necessary actions with it.
Block VPN on your smartphone to deactivate the password
VPN(or Virtual Private Network) is a private virtual network created for secure access to the Internet. When the VPN is active, all information transmitted over the network is encrypted for security. Seemingly useful thing. But this function requires special protection, so before activating the VPN it is required to set a password to remove the protection, and the usual way this key is not disabled.
How you need to remove the VPN on Samsung:
- In the menu of the gadget you need to select “Connections”;
- Press “Other settings” and select “VPN”;
- Click on the gear image, then click on “Delete.
After that, restart the device and remove the password in the usual way.
Take your phone to the service center
Workshop addresses are listed in the list attached to the device. Find there your city or the nearest large center and you will know where to go. Specialists will unlock your smartphone very quickly after presenting the papers.
How to remove Pattern Lock on HTC
Also, as in the previous case, you should charge the battery and then press the buttons below, and in the menu that appears, select factory reset. In this case, the picture key will be deleted, as well as all data from the phone, i.e.е. it will come to the state of new (in terms of software). Phone has to be switched off.
- HTCWildfireS. press sound down and power button simultaneously until menu appears, select factory reset, this will remove the pattern key and generally reset the phone.
- HTCOneV, HTCOneX, HTCOneS. press sound down and power button simultaneously. After the logo appears, release the buttons and using the volume buttons select the reset phone to factory settings. Factory Reset, confirmation. using the power button. After the reset you will get an unlocked phone.
How to remove the lock if Samsung does not recognize your face or fingerprint
The work of the fingerprint scanner and face recognition in the Samsung S8 and the mass of other models of the Korean manufacturer raises questions. So, the lock will not come off if the owner’s fingers are wet or the front camera is clogged. In such a situation, the owner of the Galaxy will see a message like “Failed to recognize the owner” and will not be able to get to the home screen. However, the manufacturer has foreseen such a problem and has come up with a solution for it.
When you register your fingerprint or face to lock the screen, your Samsung A5 or A31 prompts you to additionally register protection with a letter password or through a PIN. You can not do without a password, even with a fingerprint scanner, so you are forced to register an alternative version of protection. So, you can unlock your Samsung smartphone or tablet by entering a password or special codes, if you can’t unlock Android with your finger.
Also we need to clarify how to unlock the Samsung Galaxy A12, J1, J2, J7 and other models without fingerprint scanner. Here the locking is performed with the help of the graphic key. The person who forgot the pattern key is also offered to enter an alternative password or PIN code. That is, if you know the password, you can always get to the home screen.
The easiest way to remove the graphics key: 4 options
For modern gadget users the loss of the graphical password is often a reason to panic. Although everything is not so tragic, because there are many ways to unlock your phone, without resorting to the help of specialists. But before we look at these ways, we want to remind you of the simple actions that you need to do first!
- We hope for the best! Remember to remove the pattern key, it is always possible to experiment with the pattern key by entering different combinations and using at least five attempts as long as the phone is locked for a short time. You might be able to enter one of the correct variants.
- referring to the pin code. After all the attempts have been made, you will see the message “Forgot your password/template/graph. the key” and prompts you to enter the PIN-code, on some models, sometimes the inscription “Home” is still displayed. Entering the pin code will solve your access problem!
- go to the PUK-code. If you enter this password incorrectly three times, then your SIM card will be blocked. With the PUK code you can unlock and then set a new graphical key for your device. If you do not have a PUK code, you must contact your service provider. After entering the PUK, you should select the “Home” menu function. And then follow the requirements of your phone settings, where you can change or completely remove the graphic key.
- Another way how to remove the graphic key under. is the way to use the subliminal memory. You should ask your friend or significant other while you are asleep or right after you fall asleep to hold the phone and ask for something, for example the time. There is a good chance that you will automatically enter the password correctly. After all, your brain will send a signal to your hands and fingers. And you might be able to get through your difficult task quickly enough.
If you were able to automatically remove the pattern key, now go to settings and remove the key. After all, it probably won’t work a second time.
Instructions for those who have locked their phone screen with a third-party app. We’ll boot Android in “Safe Mode” to disable all user software, and then find the application program that requires the graphics key, and reset all of its settings, including the security features.
Open the “Shutdown Menu”, hold down the “Power” touch key, and confirm booting into BR.
Tap “Clear data” and confirm the action.
Ways to unlock your Samsung smartphone if you forget the pattern key
Most methods to unlock your Samsung smartphone provide a complete clearance of the memory and settings of the device, except for the proprietary service, this will require the account credentials.
What to do if I forgot the graphics key on my phone
Picture key. one of the most common ways to protect the contents of your smartphone from prying eyes. To go to the desktops of the smartphone, you need to connect the dots on the screen with a certain gesture. Let’s find out how to unlock a forgotten Android Pattern Key.