Reset to factory settings (hard reset) for Vivo X Fold phone
There are many reasons why you may need to perform a complete factory reset (Hard Reset) of your Vivo X Fold smartphone. Usually this procedure is performed to restore the functionality of the system, which was disrupted by viruses, deleting system files, “sloppy” firmware update and many other things. Hard Reset is very easy to perform on any smartphone, but you should be aware of the consequences of this action and be able to back up your system and files. About all this we will explain in detail below.
Warning! Reset will erase all the data on your Vivo X Fold phone. If you haven’t backed up your contacts, pictures, videos, documents and everything else, you must do so, otherwise you will lose all the personal information that was on your device.
In order not to lose your data, follow these recommendations.
- Drop your photos, documents and videos to your computer via a USB cable. You can also use Google Photos to back up pictures, and for documents and folders the cloud service Google Drive will do, but you can “pour” the number of files on it. You’ll have to pay to expand the storage.
- To avoid losing contacts and apps, activate cloud sync in settings. Go to “System”. “Advanced”. “Backup”. Enable backup saving to your Google account.
Once you’re done with that, you can perform a Hard Reset Vivo X Fold.
How to reset LG phone to factory settings
Modern LG smartphones with touch screen and PC functions, running on an open Android operating system, which allows owners to download and install applications from third-party developers on them. These applications allow you to significantly expand the functionality of your smartphone; thanks to them, each user has the opportunity to customize their LG smartphone according to their needs and interests.
But sometimes there are cases when the owner of an LG smartphone needs to reset his phone to factory settings. This need may arise in several cases:
- The owner wants to give his smartphone to another person (for example, sell or give as a present). In this case, rollback LG phone to the factory settings is necessary, because in the memory of the smartphone may be stored important personal data: passwords from social networks and mailboxes, bank card data, personal photos, etc. д. If you give your smartphone to a third party, there is a chance that the data will fall into the hands of fraudsters.
- The smartphone has malfunctioned. For example, the smartphone was damaged with the help of malicious software, or in the work of the operating system appeared a system error, as a result of which the phone works with problems: hangs up, doesn’t boot, applications and programs stop working, etc.д.
How to reset a smartphone LG To the factory settings: step-by-step instructions
For the convenience of owners of LG smartphones creators have provided several ways in which you can easily reset the phone settings to factory defaults yourself, without seeking help from specialists or service center.
Keep in mind that in case of resetting your smartphone to factory settings absolutely all information will be erased from it without possibility of recovery. Therefore, it is recommended to make a backup copy of your LG smartphone data in a cloud service (e.g. Google drive) or an external media (computer) beforehand. In this case you can, if necessary, synchronize your smartphone with the saved copy or transfer it to another smartphone.
The manufacturers recommend to backup your LG smartphone data regularly, for example once a month.
- Enter the settings menu.
- Find “General” (some models may be called “System”) and select “Backup & Reset” (“Restore & Reset”).
- Under “Reset to factory defaults”, look for “Reset settings”.
- Press “Reset phone settings” to confirm your choice.
This method will help you easily reset your smartphone to factory settings in case you can’t log in. It is performed using the external (physical) keys of your smartphone.
Important: Manufacturers do not recommend opening the LG phone case yourself. This can cause damage, as well as deprive the owner of warranty service and repair rights.
- Press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously (on the right and left sides of the screen) and hold for a few seconds until the LG logo appears on your smartphone. After the logo appears, you must release the buttons for a few seconds and then press again.
Important: On some LG smartphone models there is also a “Home” button (at the bottom of the front of the smartphone). In this case, you need to clamp it too.
- The menu in English appears on the black screen of the smartphone. This means that the Recovery mode has been activated. Press Volume button to find Wipe Data / Factory Reset menu. Select it and using the on / off key confirm the action.
- Wait a while until the process is completed. After LG phone reset to default the Recovery menu will appear again.
- Select Reboot System Now.
Another way to quickly roll back the LG smartphone to the factory settings. the so-called “quick reset”.
Simultaneously press the power and volume keys (on the right and left of the screen).
Hard Reset using engineering codes and a special reset button
There are special codes for resetting the phone. Before entering them, I advise you to think about important files and move them to another drive. Preferably remove the flash drive, as it is unknown how a particular code works on different devices.
I want to mention that some firmware, for example from Samsung, does not allow to use some engineering codes. If it did not work, just use other ways.
The last point is a little button inside the phone that resets your phone to the factory state. Unfortunately they don’t build it in modern smartphones anymore.
Hard Reset through the settings menu
To activate a full reset of your Honor phone and restore factory settings, you need to:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Click on the “System” line.
- Go to “Reset“.
- Press “Reset phone”.
- Activate “Reset phone settings”.
After the reset, the system will require you to sign in to your account. If you’ve lost the password for it, you need to log out of your account before you can do a Hard Reset on Honor.
Hard reset through the Recovery menu
To reset to factory settings through the recovery, the gadget does not need to boot until the desktop appears on the screen. This way of solving the problem will work even if the phone does not turn on.
The main condition is a charged phone and serviceable physical buttons on it. Exactly with the help of power and volume buttons you can enter Recovery and perform formatting.
The combination of buttons to be pressed, can vary depending on the manufacturer of the device. On some phones (e.g. HTC) it is necessary to hold down simultaneously the volume up/down and power buttons.
On Samsung brand phones it is enough to press the volume up and power button.
In order to perform a Hard Reset on Samsung smartphones via Recovery, it is necessary:
- on the turned off phone press a combination of volume up and power button. Wait for the phone to vibrate and then drop the power button, while being sure to hold down the volume up button;
- when the list appears on the gadget screen, go down to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the power button;
- confirm the action by clicking on the corresponding item (to go down to the section you need to use the volume down button, and to make a selection use the power button);
Preparing for Xiaomi factory reset
Before you can reset your Xiaomi smartphone, you need to back up your data, as the smartphone will not only roll back the firmware to the factory, but also reset all the information.
There are several ways to save your data and files. The easiest. built-in data backup through the system settings.
Data backup path using Redmi Note 5 as an example. Screenshots of the author
For MIUI 11, you need to go to “Settings” “About Phone” “Backup and Reset” “Xiaomi Cloud Backup” / “Google Backup”. Here you can set up auto backup or make a copy of your files for later transfer.
In MIUI 12, the path is: “Settings” “Device” “Backup”.
It may be different for some models, including Android One smartphones, but in general the path is similar in all OS versions.
You can also use Mi PC Suite. This is a proprietary utility from Xiaomi, a file manager for sorting different types of documents into thematic folders. This program is installed on your PC, and it’s also very easy to back up your data through it:
- Log in to your Mi Account
- Connect your Xiaomi/Redmi smartphone via USB wire
- Turn on “USB debugging” (for this action to be available, first click on the MIUI version in the phone data 5 times)
- Choose what you want to save in the program
- Make a backup
Mi PC Suite app used to be called Mi Phone Assistant. Screenshot by the author
How to do a complete data reset on your Vivo X Fold phone from the settings menu?
Warning! Because of FRP (Factory Reset Protection, that is, reset protection) Android will ask you to enter the login and password of the account that was fixed before the Hard Reset procedure. Therefore, if you plan to sell your smartphone, you must log out of your Google account (“Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Delete Account”) before resetting, so that the person who gets your phone can activate his profile on it.
Given the wide range of Android phones and the difficulty to describe the resetting process for a specific model, we will show the guide using three fundamentally different devices and firmware examples :
- Mi A1 on pure Android, which is also used in Nokia, Motorola, OnePlus (has a slightly redesigned system) and in all the devices released pro program Android One;
- Galaxy S7, which functions under Samsung Experience. Recall that the Korean corporation is the largest manufacturer of smartphones in the world, so it makes sense to show this shell;
- Redmi Note 5 on MIUI. The products of this company are in great demand in the CIS, so we could not avoid it.
The easiest way to perform a Hard Reset is through a special menu in the system settings. Once again, note that the location and name of the items may vary slightly depending on the phone used. The main thing is to find the main category to restore and reset.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (pure Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the apps menu or launch them using the icon in the notification bar.
- Scroll down and go to the “System” section.
- Press “Reset”.
- Choose “Erase all data” (“Factory reset”).
- Confirm your intention by pressing the key below.
- Enter your device PIN and click “Continue”.
- Select “Erase All”.
The device will reboot and you’ll need to go through the initial setup again, as if it were a new phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 (Samsung Experience shell)
- Go to settings in a way that is convenient for you.
- At the bottom, click on the “General Settings” tab.
- Select “Reset” (“Archive and Reset”).
- Tap on “Reset Data.
- Press the blue reset button.
- Enter the PIN code of your device and press “Next”.
- Click on “Delete All” (“Reset Device”).
Your phone will restart. It remains to configure it as after purchase.
Redmi Note 5 (MIUI firmware)
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” window.
- Click on “Backup & Reset.
- Select “Reset Settings”.
- To delete absolutely all apps and files, check the “Clear internal memory” option.
- Just click on “Reset Settings” and enter your password if needed.
Warning! As you can see, the main thing is to find the “Reset” section. To make sure you don’t have to “wander” through all the options to find the menu you are looking for, it is easier to type “Reset” in the search box on the main page. Select the menu you are looking for from the list and you will get right into it. And then everything is as in the instructions.
How to perform Hard Reset Vivo X Fold via Recovery without password
This is a valid method if your phone has a problem that prevents it from booting and you need to perform a passwordless reset. Exactly for such cases we need to use the recovery mode to perform a Hard Reset.
- If your phone is on, turn it off.
- Hold down the power and volume down buttons (if nothing happens, read our separate article on how to enter Recovery).
- Instead of a normal boot, you will see a menu where you navigate using the volume keys (move the cursor) and the power key (select).
- Go down to “Wipe data/factory reset” category and press the power button.
- Highlight “Yes” to confirm the reset.
After resetting process the device will reboot and show the standard greeting and setup window. Again, the menu names may vary slightly depending on the model.