How to save phone numbers on the SIM card in the iPhone
There was a time when people stored phone numbers of their acquaintances on the SIM card. This is terribly inconvenient, including the fact that all the numbers were lost when changing sim cards. With the advent of smartphones came the ability to store numbers in a virtual address book, which is synchronized in the cloud. So it is not terrible to lose the SIM-card, to change the phone number or the operator. the numbers will not disappear, and even after deletion they can be recovered.
Some people still store numbers on the SIM card out of habit or because they think that transferring them to the notebook of a smartphone is very long and painful. It’s actually easy. Electronics stores even offer a number portability service and can charge five hundred or even more for a couple of minutes of work. Save that money.
You can store iPhone contacts in iCloud or Gmail. To send them from your SIM card to the cloud, open “Settings,” go to “Contacts,” and click “Import SIM contacts. If iPhone asks you which service to synchronize your data with (iCloud or Gmail), choose the one you prefer to use (if you have no preference, specify iCloud, so you won’t make a mistake).
As you can see, it’s pretty simple, and now you’ve secured yourself against losing your contacts.
iPhone doesn’t store phone numbers on your SIM card, but you can import them into your device. You can use iCloud to transfer numbers between different iPhones. To transfer iPhone contacts to the SIM card and copy them to another smartphone, use the following methods.
Transferring WhatsApp chats within the platform
When a WhatsApp user changes smartphones, but remains on the former operating system (Android Android or iOS iOS iOS), he will have the opportunity to transfer the correspondence history and other data stored in the messenger to the new device without too much hassle.
Files containing WhatsApp correspondence history are stored locally. in the memory of the device or on the microSD card. Therefore, to transfer all messages you will need to make a backup copy of chats and restore it on another smartphone.
Please note! WhatsApp does not recognize backups that were created through “someone else’s” account. Therefore, if you plan to change your number along with your phone, you should first go through the procedure of changing the number. And only then proceed with the backups.
How to transfer chats between two Android smartphones
without changing the number. If you’re transferring without changing your number, just export your messenger data to Google Drive and restore that data to your new device.
User actions on the old phone:
At the bottom of this section, pay attention to “Account”: You should see your email address. If it does not appear, you should initialize authentication with Google Drive and give the app permission to access the data by selecting the “Allow” option.
Now everything is ready to export: the user just needs to tap on the green “Backup” button and wait for the process to complete.
The next step is to prepare the new device for the transfer. First, you need to log in to the same Google account as on the old phone (if you haven’t done so before). Also, if WtatsApp was already installed. delete and reinstall the application again.
Now you can sign in to WhatsApp using your old phone number. When prompted to search for a backup, and to access contacts and files on your device, click “Next” and “Allow”.
If everything is done correctly, the message “Backup found” will appear. Now you need to press the green “Restore” button and wait for the end of the process.
With change of number. In contrast to the previous option, before you backup to the cloud, you must use “Change number” option. Sequence of actions:
- On the old phone, start WhatsApp and go to “Account” from the settings menu;
- Among offered variants it is necessary to choose item “Change number”;
- A form will appear in which you need to fill in the old and new number;
- After confirming the entry, SMS with the code will be sent to the phone with the new number. This code must be entered in the appropriate field on the old phone.
The number has been changed, so now you can proceed to create a backup copy to transfer it to a new device, following the instructions of the option
How to transfer chats from iPhone to another iPhone
In general, the principle of transfer has similarities with the similar process on Android. The only difference is in the technical aspects.
Transferring without changing phone number. The solution to the problem comes down to two main components. activation of synchronization of the necessary data with iCloud and recovery of information from the backup on another device. And now for the details.
Actions to be performed on the old iPhone:
After completing the export, you can proceed to setting up the new iPhone. The user needs:
- Login to the iCloud account using the same Apple ID as on the old iPhone;
- Install messenger (or reinstall if the application was previously used on the device);
- Log in to WhatsApp using your number, and when prompted, agree to search and restore data from the backup.
Transferring with a number change. To avoid data loss, you should start transferring chats by going through the procedure of changing your number. To do this, you need to run the WhatsApp application on the old iPhone and do the following steps:
- Go to the messenger settings, then select the “Account” section and click “Change Number”;
- Enter your old and new phone number in the appropriate fields;
- Enter the confirmation code from the SMS you receive to your new number.
Now you can proceed directly to the transfer of message history, using the instructions from the previous option. With one difference: when you sign in to WhatsApp on your new iPhone, you must enter your new number.
This method will work for you if you have used a Google account in your Android (Gmail, Google Play service or elsewhere). If you synchronized with your Google account, your contacts can be transferred as soon as you sign in with your Google account on your iPhone.
To pull off this method you need:
- Go to settings on your Android
- Find the tab “Synchronization of data” or “Accounts
- Turn on the synchronization with Google
- Get your iPhone
- Sign in to your device settings
- Select Mail (or Calendar, Contacts)
- Select “Accounts” then “Gmail”
- Select Account
- Fill in the account information, note the synchronization fields
You also need a network connection for this operation, so get a good Wi-Fi connection.
How to get a Google Account on Android
If you don’t have a Google Account, you can do it on your Android in minutes.
- Open the Settings app on your Android
- Find the “Accounts” tab
- Press “Add account”
- Select “Google Account
- Enter data that the program asks for (think of email and password)
- Verify your phone
- Start synchronization
How to transfer contacts from Gmail (Google) to iPhone (iCloud)
In the menu to the right, select Export.
In the window that appears, select contacts to export or All Contacts and specify the vCard format (“vCard (for the Contacts app on iOS devices)”).
Press the Export button, then it will start saving contacts from Gmail to your computer in vCard format (contacts type file.vcf).
Go to iCloud from your computer.com and enter your Apple ID account details.
Click on the gear icon in the lower left corner and select the “Import vCard” option.
In the window that appears, specify the file downloaded in step. 3 with contacts and press Select.
All! Contacts will automatically be added to iCloud and appear in your iPhone in a few seconds. Check!
How to get data out of a crashed phone. all ways
Before you start recovering, you should study the suggested options. Need to charge your device. Need to install the necessary programs on your computer, connect the gadget. Then go to the selected restore procedure.
To extract data, you need to charge the phone, connect the keyboard to it, and transfer the image to the other display. Then you need to use the following methods. As outlined in the article.
Connect a USB keyboard and mouse
To perform data recovery you will need a mouse or a keyboard. If the display is damaged, it is usually not possible to give commands using it. In order to make a connection, you will need OTG adapter. It connects on the smartphone to microUSB and has several USB outputs. You can connect a mouse and keyboard.
In order for this connection to be successful, it is necessary that the smartphone supports the OTG adapter. After that it will be possible to work more comfortably with the phone.
Connect a Bluetooth mouse and external display
Connecting an external display is a built-in feature of the operating system. On versions below 5.0 it is not available.
Broadcast the screen to a PC or Smart TV
The ability to transmit an image to the computer screen has appeared in smartphones that use version 5 of the operating system or later. Image can be transferred not only to your computer or laptop display, but also to your TV screen via Smart TV.
In order to take advantage of this feature, you must first connect a mouse or keyboard. Then you need to go into settings. To activate the image transfer to the big screen is made with the help of “MTP connection and screenshot”.
If Bluetooth connection works, it is possible to activate the work with the keyboard using the built-in option. Sometimes it is more convenient to use the connection via OTG adapter.
How to retrieve information from a broken phone through your Google account
To work fully, the Android smartphone must be connected to a Google account. It allows you to synchronize data between the account and your phone. To do this, you will need to connect the mouse to the smartphone and display the image on the computer screen.
You can use a second phone to extract the information. Use it to connect to the same Google account. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Sign into your own account (this happens automatically).
- Open the menu and select the “Add account” line.
- Enter login and password.
- Restore the information on the smartphone from the data saved on Google.
After that, the information will be available on the new phone.
You can export your information to your computer. You can do this with the Google account you specified. You can do this as follows (using your contact phone numbers as an example):
- Open a browser on your computer, and sign into your Google account.
- After this you should go to “Contacts.
- Select one of the lines and click the icon with the minus sign.
- You have a choice: you can extract all numbers or only some of them.
- Choose format for export and confirm the action.
After that a file will appear on the computer, which will contain the necessary information. If the export was made in VCF format, then the data can be copied to the smartphone and imported from the file.
How to extract data from a dead phone via Viber
Many people use the Viber app on their smartphone. It can help in recovering data from a broken phone. In order to carry out the procedure, you need to install this program on your computer. To do this, you need to do the following steps:
To restore contacts, you need to do the following:
- Charge your Android and turn it on.
- Bring it to the computer screen, where Viber is open at the time.
- The smartphone should be able to see the display through the built-in camera. After that will be logged into the account.
After that, you can open the “Contacts” tab on your computer. They will be the same as used on the damaged smartphone.
How to get files from a crashed phone using a synchronization program
To do this, you can use My Phone Explorer. If the smartphone is connected via cable to the computer, the application will have full access to it and will allow you to extract the necessary data to the computer. The program is available at the following website
How to remove the data using the built-in Recovery
There is an option to use the Recovery procedure. In this case, the data from the faulty phone will be copied to the SD card, where they can be easily restored. If the smartphone does not support the use of such cards, then the described method will not work for it. This will save the data:
To perform Recovery, you need to perform the following steps:
- Before you start, you need to charge the gadget. It is required that the SD card has enough capacity to hold all the stored data.
- The smartphone should be turned off and disconnected from the charger.
- Long press two buttons at the same time: “Volume. ” “Power”. Keep it on until your phone enters recovery mode.
- Then a menu will open in which you need to select the desired action. Using the “Volume” key you can navigate through it. Once the desired line is selected, press the “Power” key. Select the “Backup user data” command.
- Then it is recommended to charge the device. The copy will be created for a long time, it is necessary that during this time the gadget has no problems with charging.
When the procedure is finished the message “Complete” will appear. On the card will be written files with the backup extension. You can copy it to the desktop or to the cloud storage.
Saving contacts using only the phone
The first way is the easiest. you need only the phone with the contacts (and of course, you need the computer, since we are transferring this information to it).
Launch the Contacts app, click the menu button, and select Import/Export.
After this you can do the following actions:
- Import from storage. used to import to the contacts book from a file in the internal memory or on the SD card.
- Export to storage device. all your contacts are saved in the vcf file on the device and you can transfer it to your computer by any convenient way, for example by connecting the phone to your computer via USB.
- Transmit visible contacts. this option is useful if you have previously installed a filter in the settings (so that not all contacts are displayed) and you want to save to your computer only those that are displayed. If you select this option, you will not be prompted to save the vcf file to your device, only to share it. You can select Gmail and send this file to your own mail (including the same one you send from) and then open it on your computer.
As a result, you get a vCard file with saved contacts that can be opened by almost any app that works with that data, such as,
However there can be problems with the specified two programs. Russian names of the saved contacts are displayed as hieroglyphs. If you work with Mac OS X, you won’t have this problem there, you can easily import this file into Apple’s native contacts app.
Fixing the problem with the encoding of Android contacts in the vcf file when importing to Outlook and Windows contacts
The vCard file is a text file which contains contacts data in a special format. Android saves this file in UTF-8 encoding, but the standard Windows tools try to open it in Windows 1251 encoding, which is why you see the hieroglyphs instead of Cyrillic.
There are the following ways to fix the problem:
- To use a program which understands UTF-8 encoding for importing contacts
- Add special tags to the vcf file to tell Outlook or a similar program about the encoding used
- Save vcf file with Windows encoding
I recommend to use the third way, as the easiest and fastest. And I suggest you to implement it like this (in general, there are many ways):
- Download the text editor Sublime Text (the portable version, which does not require installation) from the official website sublimetext.com.
- Open vcf file with contacts in this program.
- Select File. Save With Encoding. Cyrillic (Windows 1251).
Done, after this action the encoding of the contacts will be the one that is adequately perceived by most Windows applications, including Microsoft Outlook.
Saving contacts using only your phone
The first way is the easiest. you only need the phone where your contacts are stored (and of course you need the computer, since we are transferring the information to it).
Launch the Contacts app, click the menu button and select “Import/Export.
After that, you can perform the following actions:
- Import from storage-used to import contacts from a file in the internal memory or on an SD card into your Contacts Book.
- Export to storage. all contacts are saved in a vcf file on the device and then you can transfer it to your computer in any convenient way, for example, by connecting the phone to your computer via USB.
- Send visible contacts. this option is useful if you have previously installed a filter in the settings (so that not all contacts are displayed) and you only need to save to your computer those that are displayed. If you select this option, you will not be prompted to save the vcf file to the device, but only to share it. You may want to choose Gmail, and send the file to your own email account (including the one you use to send contacts), and then open it on your computer.
As a result, you get a vCard file with saved contacts that can be opened by almost any application that works with that data, such as,
However, there may be a problem with these two programs. Russian names of saved contacts are displayed as hieroglyphs. If you work with Mac OS X there will be no this problem, you can easily import this file to the native Apple contacts application.
Fixing the problem with the encoding of the Android contacts in the vcf file when importing to Outlook and Windows contacts
The vCard file is a text file that stores contact data in a special format and Android saves this file in UTF-8 encoding, while the standard Windows tools try to open it in Windows 1251 encoding, which is why you see the characters instead of Cyrillic.
There are the following ways to fix the problem:
- Use a program that understands UTF-8 encoding to import contacts
- Add special tags to the vcf file to tell Outlook or another program to use the encoding
- Save a vcf file encoded in Windows
I recommend using the third way, as the easiest and fastest. And I suggest this implementation (in general, there are many ways):
- Download the text editor Sublime Text (you can portable version, which does not require installation) from the official website sublimetext.com.
- In this program, open a vcf file with contacts.
- From the menu, choose File. Save With Encoding. Cyrillic (Windows 1251).
Done, after this action, the encoding of contacts will be such, which is adequately perceived by most applications Windows, including Microsoft Outlook.
Save a phone number without using speakerphone mode
There are cases when you can’t put your phone in speakerphone mode, this makes it difficult to use the first method of saving a phone number in the notes application. In this situation, you can follow these steps to record a phone number during a call on your iPhone.
Take the phone away from your ear during the call. This will activate your device’s display when your iPhone’s ambient light sensor detects your activity.
Tap on Contacts. This brings up the Add Contact screen, while the current call is running in the background.
Tap the ” icon in the upper-right corner of the screen (see “Add phone option”). image below)
Then click on the Add Phone option and enter the number you want to store on your iPhone (the phone number as dictated by the caller).
You can also enter additional information, such as the name and company of the new contact.
Tap on Made (in the upper right corner).
Next, tap the green bar blinking at the top of your iPhone screen to return to the active call