The easiest way: go to the Settings of your phone, select Memory, click on Default Memory and click on where to save in your case Memory Card.
Automatic saving files to a memory card
- Go to “Settings” and select the “Memory” section;
- At the top of the window, pay attention to “Save default data”;
- Check the box next to “SD card”.
- The download location will be changed.
- Go to Settings. Storage and USB drives and tap on “SD-card” (On some devices the storage settings item may be in the “Advanced” section, for example, on ZTE).
- In the menu (the button on the top right) select “Configure.
First you need to insert the memory card, then go to “Settings” (depending on the Android version this item may be in the “Advanced” section), where select “Storage and USB drives”. Click on “Card”, then go to the upper right corner of the screen and select “Customize”. “Internal Memory“.
- If the phone does not see the SD card, try changing the path to the successor in the application settings.
- Check if the Android system recognizes the memory card.
- Turn off your mobile device, reconnect the SD card.
- Turn your phone on and check to see if the files are saved to the flash drive.
The first time you go into Explorer, it asks you (Allow the app to use SD card access). You confirm yes, but if it does not display anything, then allow it yourself. Go to “Settings” and look for “Permissions” then “Explorer” and check the box “Allow”.
Turn off your smartphone, insert the memory card (microSD). The phone should be charged to at least 15-20% (do not let the discharge during setup and pairing procedure!). Turn on your phone. If the memory card is blank, a message will appear indicating that the SD card is detected and you will be prompted to configure it.
How to format SD card as internal memory (Example for Android 9.0)
- On your smartphone, go to Settings. Storage.
- Click on the menu button on the top right, select “Storage Settings” and on the next screen select “Internal Memory“.
- Open “Settings” and go to “Storage”.
- Tap on “SD card”.
- Tap the button in the upper right corner and select “Customize”.
- Go to “Internal Memory” and agree to the warning by tapping “Clear and Format”.
Connect the memory card to the internal memory
Samsung A01 SD Card Internal Storage // Use SD Card as Internal Storage Samsung
- Go to the “Settings” menu;
- Then turn on the “General” tab (some shells may not have tab separation);
- Tap on “Data Storage and USB”;
- Tap on the SD card;
- Click on the icon with three dots, select “Settings” from the drop-down menu;
- Open the list of applications
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap “Device Maintenance”
- Tap “Storage”
- Tap ⁝
- Tap Storage Settings
- Tap on the SD card
- Tap “Mount”
Go to Settings. Storage and tap on “SD card” (On some devices, the storage settings item may be under “Advanced”). Select “Settings” in the menu (top right button). If the menu includes “Internal Memory”, click on it right away and skip step 3.
Select the radio button next to “Internal Memory” and click “Next”. Or, on the tablet, go to Settings. Storage and USB drives, then tap “SD card. Then bring up the options menu (usually by pressing the three dots or dashes in the upper right corner of the “SD card” screen), select “Setup.
- While in the settings, open the “Memory” section.
- Tap on “Preferred installation location” and select “SD card”.
- You can also assign storage for other files by designating the SD card as “Default Memory”.
- Go to Settings. Storage and USB drives and tap on “SD-card” (On some devices the storage settings item can be in the “Advanced” section, for example, on ZTE).
- In the menu (the button on the top right) select “Setup”.
- Go to Settings in the Camera section (gear view).
- Find the Storage Location line (by default, photos and videos are stored on your phone).
- Click on this line.
- Choose SD-card.
- Make sure the selection is correct.
Standard file manager
Every Android device has a tool to manage the files stored in its memory.
Find the “My Files”, “File Manager”, “Explorer” or something similar on your smartphone and run it.
Read also: Fixing the problem with SD card detection on Android