Ways to speed up or slow down video for Instagram
What are the ways to create a slow motion or accelerated video? I can cite the following:
- Services. Now you can even quickly make a slow motion video in Instagram online. Sites have enough power to edit a simple video, speed it up or slow it down.
- Apps. over, there are enough opportunities to prepare the content, in the applications on Android or iPhone. They are even more convenient for Insta. it is much easier to create posts via phone, and it is not convenient to constantly transfer files from the stationary device to a mobile one.
- Programs. Bloggers and videographers know perfectly well how to edit a video for Instagram. It’s hard to imagine any of them making content through a phone. And for good reason. the big screen and great processing power allow you to edit high-quality materials much faster than on the phone.
By the way, all these applications help not only to play with the speed of the video, but also allow you to perform elementary editing in the form of gluing videos, removing unnecessary frames, etc.д.
On some smartphones the option of capturing accelerated video is available by default. However, for owners of phones that do not have this feature, you need to install the appropriate applications. In most such programs, you can also add music, effects, change the voice and slice moments from all the material.
Often all programs are simple and easy to use. No need to transfer video files to computer first and then to phone. All operations can be performed on a smartphone. After editing, you can send the content to Instagram immediately.
On your iPhone
Instagram has the official video editing application for the iPhone. Hyperlapse. The utility allows you not only to shoot accelerated video, but also to preserve the quality of the image without loss of resolution. The app allows you to record a video of up to 45 minutes, which can then be sped up 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 times.
Video quality is preserved regardless of how fast the subject moves during the shooting. To start recording, just open the app and press the start button. Once the operation is complete, the file can be saved in the phone memory and immediately shared on social networks.
- Open the AppStore and install Hyperlapse.
- Launch the app and press the button to shoot.
- Start recording video.
- Use the editing options if necessary.
Two types of values will be displayed on the main screen when recording material:
Once the process is complete, the app will prompt you to use the editing options.
To get accelerated video on Android you need to install third-party apps from the official Play Market store. You can also use the programs for computer, which functionality is much wider than mobile utilities.
When editing content, it is important to consider the time limits of Instagram. The maximum duration of Stories. 15 seconds, video for the post. 1 minute.
Why you need accelerated video on Instagram?
Nowadays almost every blogger with a million of subscribers can see the effects in their videos, but there are ordinary users who don’t use modern video editing.
21st century: people want to stand out from the crowd, be original, attract more followers to an unusual and bright account. Some people simply like the effect of acceleration, the record gets a completely different look, the information is perceived in a new way. Others see acceleration as a great opportunity to show their audience a beautiful full-length video in its entirety in a few seconds.
This effect is indispensable if the blogger specializes in making vines which last for 2-20 seconds. By editing the video shot for Instagram in this way, the user can achieve the desired result and even give it a more comic effect. Your recording will make people’s voices sound funny and their gestures look ridiculous.
You can edit your recording not only for the tape, but also for the post-it. This will make a simple recording interesting and attract more attention from viewers.
Video acceleration apps for Android
For “alien” owners, there are also similar editors. Specifically:
To decide which one suits you best, let’s devote a section to each of them.
Follow the algorithm below to work in InShot:
- Go to Google Market and enter “InShot” in the search box.
- Download the appropriate program and wait for the virus scanner to finish.
- Launch InShot and click on the “Video” button.
- Give access to your gadget’s library.
- Select the video file you like.
- Trim it and apply additional effects if desired.
- Add a song or stickers to the track.
- Swipe to the right in the menu and click on “Speed.
- Move the slider to the right to increase the speed, and to the left to decrease it.
- Click on “Save.
- Share your new footage with your social networking followers.
It is useful to know. InShot inserts its watermark on the material.
Unlike all the other services described above, Framelapse is used exclusively to record accelerated movies. If you want to process it, you will have to use a separate editor.
- Click the tab with the “HQ. Video Resolution” icon to adjust the output timelapse quality. The higher the resolution, the more weight the final file will have.
- Go to the “clock” tab and change the frame interval. The higher the value, the faster the playback.
- Through the tab with “stripes. Video Duration”, set the automatic shutdown of filming. You can also set it to “Infinite”.
- In the tab with the “camera”, adjust the white balance, exposure, etc.п.
Done. Now you can shoot. All the resulting material will be saved in your gallery.
Another video editing application. Magisto. To use it, you need to:
- Log in to Magisto by. Google mail or through a registered account.
- Choose a video type to create.
- Allow access to multimedia.
- Attach the source material to the editor from the device library.
- Decide on the style and filter and, after selecting the appropriate ones, click on the “Apply” button.
- Set the clip duration.
- Set playback speed.
- Click on “Save” and wait until the footage is downloaded.
- Share the post on your Insta page.
For your information. Magisto has a limited video length limit. You can use it to process 1-minute clips only.
If none of the above software suits you, try installing a program like Flimorago. Operating it is quite easy:
- Install FilmoraGo from Play Market.
- Accept the user agreement.
- Open the app and tap on the “plus” located in the middle of the screen.
- Decide on a video file from the gallery.
- Trim it.
- Apply a theme or music.
- Change the format (16:9 or 1:1).
- Click on the “Edit” tab and select the “Speed” tool.
- Click on the appropriate mode: 1/4x, 1/2x, 2x, etc.д.
- Save your movie by clicking on the appropriate button.
TikTok during the launch of his company changed some of the audience of Instagram users just by the wide Spectra of tools for mobile video editing. No one forbids shooting the necessary material there and then uploading it to the desired social network.
So let’s take a look at speeding up with TickTock:
HOW TO EDIT VIDEOS USING ONLY YOUR iPHONE | Step by Step InShot Tutorial for Instagram Reels
- To do this, open the app and tap on the big plus on the bottom bar.
- Here, note the dial icon with a small arrow around it. Click on it and choose the speed that suits you.
- If desired, edit the clip and add effects, then click “Next”.
- In the last step, tap on the instagram icon and post the captured footage.
The standard iMovie app gives you the option to speed up and slow down. The owner of the device can speed up both the entire video sequence and its individual parts.
To edit the video through iMovie:
- Open the app. create a new project and add video.
- Click on the Speed button a yellow bar will appear with the ability to select the snippet.
- Use the inspector to select the type of acceleration or deceleration: for example, ½ the normal speed. 2x is available on newer operating systems and iPhones from 5S.
- Save the project in the storage of your device.
Also, there is a way with third-party apps. SpeedPro is considered to be the leader among speeding tools. In the settings, you can specify speeds from 1x to 4x. It reduces the size and length of the video footage.
To speed up an Instagram video with sound on your iPhone using Speed Pro:
- Download and install the app from the AppStore.
- Choose a video file to edit using Gallery.
- Choose Speed in the tools and specify the necessary gas pedal.
- Save video to internal storage.
After that, the created project can be posted to the social network: Lenta or Stories.
How to speed up video on iPhone
We will tell and show you how you can speed up your video on iPhone from the simplest to the most unusual way. There are a few proven ways on how you can speed up videos on your iPhone.
Built-in function for recording video in accelerated mode. Timelapse
Footage is instantly converted to an accelerated version, sparing users the need to accelerate it manually.
When you select a mode, you can adjust the shooting speed. The disadvantage is the long shooting time, which can not be done without special equipment: tripod or tripod. The timelapse itself during and after shooting cannot be broken into separately accelerated parts. Need to use a third-party app.
The “Interval” feature was released on iOS 8, and with the release of iOS 11, the name was changed to “Timelapse
Instructions for capturing video with Timelapse:
Open the Camera app on iPhone 2. Select Timelapse Mode 3. Press the red video recording button 4. Repeatedly pressing the red button to stop the video to save it.
Software ways to accelerate video on iPhone
The AppStore offers dozens, if not hundreds, of apps for video editing, editing and processing.
iMovie For convenience, Apple offers an in-house IMovie app running on the iOS operating system. It makes it easy to edit, add effects, apply filters, backgrounds, titles, and more. The app functionality also includes video acceleration.
advanced iPhone users, including amateurs and professionals, use a number of other programs for quality video acceleration.
Out of the variety of 5 popular and functional in our opinion:
Adobe Premier Rush A versatile application not only for creating, but also for editing existing videos with a huge set of tools. Allows you to set the start and end point of acceleration, with the possibility of layering additional effects.
How To Speed Up A Video On iPhone
VideoLeap Great for more creative users. It includes such interesting features as layer-by-layer editing and video speed calibration with the addition of static images.
Movavi Clips The app, previously only available on PC and now on iPhone, can surprise you with frame-by-frame editing and the ability to create transitions between video acceleration effects.
Splice A convenient and powerful editor, the characteristic feature of which is the ability to accelerate videos to super speeds, as well as adjusting the duration of the effect and the speed of transition between them.
VivaVideo One of the best applications in its segment with numerous useful tutorial videos. Timeline combined with acceleration effects allow you to create the most extraordinary videos.
So, we have reviewed with you effective ways and tools to speed up video on your phones, so you can easily give your video an interesting look and highlight highlights.
Slow Motion Fx Video Editor
In spite of its name, the application is able both to slow down and to speed up the video on iPhone. Main Features:
- application of the effect of slowing down, speeding up and stopping the frame;
- Videos recorded at 240 frames per second as well as videos accelerated by a factor of 4 are suitable for editing;
- frame-by-frame speed control;
- direct video recording with the application of effects;
- music overlay;
- Distribution of the edited video on social networks;
- fast task processing;
- simple and straightforward interface.
In the paid version of the application, you can change the slowdown position, there are no limitations on the added music, and there are no ads.
We’ve chosen the four best programs that can make your videos go fast. Three of them have additional features, and are suitable as a mobile video editor.
The first on the list we wanted to place an editor that has a variety of features, and handles acceleration very well. You can also apply effects, crop and trim your video, and even slow down the clip. The application has won first prizes several times in various web-resources and contests. The utility is simple and user friendly. The whole interface is intuitive. It’s enough after selecting a video, click on the bottom menu “Speed” and adjust the pace. Download the editor from your App Store.
GoPro’s Quik Editor
You can speed up a video on your iPhone with the program from the popular camera manufacturer. There are not many options here, but if necessary, you can perform basic operations: add music, apply effects and transitions.
You can make an accelerated video and add music in a simple program. A significant disadvantage. in the free version, the video will be watermarked. If it doesn’t bother you, install the utility without hesitation.
How to Speed UP / Slow Down a Video on iPhone (easy)
Hyperlapse from Instagram
From the name it is already clear that the developers of the program is the company Instagram. The decision to separate the video tool into a separate app and make it available for the iPhone is a good one. Most likely this is done to keep the official application from being overgrown with a lot of additional functions, and highlight them. If anyone wants it, you can download it. Our video acceleration tool works great for a single purpose. When you shoot a video, you get a finished, accelerated clip
Download and test these four programs, use whichever one you find most convenient. Upload clips to Instagram and delight your fans.