Although the app is very handy, it has its own nuances that are worth knowing about. First, it only supports Smart TV from 2012 and newer. If you are not sure what TV you have, you can find out its model on the back.
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, look at what letter is in the middle of the model name (on the back of the TV).
UE55_E_S8000 = 2012 UE78_H_U8500L = 2014
If you have an LG Smart TV, it’s harder to recognize the model. The developers of the app recommend installing a free trial version of the app and checking if your TV is compatible with it.
How to connect Smart View to a Samsung TV
For the program to work correctly and fully, you need to connect your TV, smartphone or PC to the same Internet network. When this mandatory requirement is met, you can try to install the application itself. The instructions may differ (depending on what device the installation is performed on).
Installation on your smartphone
- Open the store of your OS (Play Market or App Store);
- enter the name: “Samsung Smart View” in the search box;
- Download, install the program, and open it;
- Agree to access the necessary permissions;
- Click on the TV search section and select your Smart TV in the list that pops up;
- a message may appear on the TV about an attempt to connect a third-party gadget, select “Allow”. Newer TV models will have a four-digit password, which must be entered into the phone.
The connection will be established and you can start using the gadget to its fullest extent.
For the computer
For normal operation of the program on the computer, it is recommended to install it from the official Samsung website:
- Confirm all the required actions, give consent;
- similar to the instructions for the phone, find your TV through a search and enable synchronization.
How to use
When everything is done correctly, it will be easy to understand the program. The Russian version is loaded by default, so all the sections are clear and you can try to work with them immediately (the widgets installed on your TV will appear in the program on your phone or PC).
You should only remember a few special nuances:
- in certain cases (for example, when broadcasting TV programs on the phone or playing video) there can be discrepancies and some lags. On average, no more than 10 seconds;
- Some functions may not be supported by your TV model and therefore may not work. often in older versions, or depending on the region (for the Russian versions, there may be some restrictions).
Broadcast files from a smartphone
If the purpose of this connection is to view the data on the TV screen on your cell phone or to broadcast online video, the following requirements should be met:
- Enter the gallery (or YouTube, for example);
- define the stream to be transmitted;
- select the transmit button (in the form of a rectangle and a wireless network signal or “Broadcast” item);
- the device will be automatically searched and the TV will pop up, which you need to click on;
- Broadcasts your media files to your Smart TV.
Offline video and DLNA
How to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV? You can output images and clips to the TV in “offline” mode. In this case, the actions will not differ much from the previously suggested instruction.
- Turn on the TV.
- Start Twonky Beam on your cell phone.
- Go to the settings and, as in the previous case, display an additional menu on the side.
- Click on the sidebar on the right side of the screen.
- Specify the TV model to work with.
- Click on the picture of the house in the upper right corner of the program.
- Find the desired document and click on it.
You can enjoy the video without much effort. Video will play from iPhone on any TV that supports DNLA.
You can create a connection between iPhones and older Samsung TVs in different ways. Naturally, a high-quality pairing remains an HDMI connection, but what to do if the TV does not support it? In this case, you will need to buy a Digital AV Adapter, VGA cable or Composite AV Cable. The algorithm for pairing the equipment is as follows:
- Connect the plugs in the AV inputs on the TV with identical colors (yellow, red, white);
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Digital AV Adapter;
- Through the charging port on your phone, connect this design;
- Plug the charger into the Lightning connector, which will keep the gadget’s battery charged when paired;
If you use a VGA input, you will also need a separate channel for audio output. For example, via a 3.5 mm mini-jack input.
You can use the latter method, but it causes a lot of inconvenience. It’s easier to buy a new TV, connect via computer, or watch data from your smartphone.
And if you want to use your TV as an audio playback system, just use a 3.5 mm cable with a male-to-female connector. For modern iPhones with one input for Lightning, you must connect the adapter MiniJack-Lightning.
You don’t need to buy additional Apple accessories to connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV. Adapters, wires, apps from other companies can be used.
For the transfer of images are suitable devices that can support DLNA-streaming:
- Google Chromecast. This is a network media device developed by Google, the purpose of which is to transmit pictures, audio recordings, videos over Wi-Fi networks or the Internet to TV devices. It is connected to the USB port of the receiver by cable or through an external adapter. From a PC or mobile device, data is transmitted over the network to the TV.
- Amazon Fire TV. Device that turns your TV into a Smart-TV via HDMI port. Alexa voice control is enabled. Remote control commands. The Amazon Fire TV set-top box is functionally similar to Google’s Chromecast invention, capable of displaying photos, videos from your phone on a Samsung TB.
- Xbox One. The console was made by Microsoft. Shared as a gaming gamepad along with Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch. Has been upgraded from past models. now has the ability to connect a headset, added pulse triggers, increased response speed. Connects to TV via HDMI port. Capable of duplicating apps from other devices to the receiver screen, voice control is available.
- Roku TV. Common among a small audience of compact devices, in recent years is gaining popularity. a portable media player, its purpose. duplication of high quality video, images. Your device has the Roku Channel Store. Connected via HDMI port, control by remote control.
Devices designed to transmit audio and video files that can display the iPhone screen on a Samsung TV have about the same look and feel. But the leaders among the presented devices are considered Chromecast and Roku TV.
Third-party apps that don’t require adapters, cables, also help connect iPhones and TVs. The most common add-on is AllCast. The app connects to network media devices and televisions from Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Philips, and LG.
- Go to “Control Point” (for iPhone X and above we lower the curtain, for iPhone 8 and below we raise the curtain).
- Click on “Screen Repeat” and choose your device.
- When you connect for the first time, a code will appear on the TV screen, which you must enter in your smartphone.
On your TV, open the “Sources” menu and go to the Screen Mirroring tile to enable the mobile data feature. If you have a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, slide your finger down from the top edge of the screen and turn on Smart View or Screen Mirroring in the menu.
How to connect iPhone to TV via Wi-Fi, USB, HDMI: display the image on the big screen
Synchronization of devices opens certain opportunities for the user:
- an extension of the familiar functionality;
- Play content online;
- adjusting the quality of the played clips;
- Games on the big screen with good graphics;
- Skype calls, Vyber, Zoom, etc.д.
- listening to audio compositions;
- View photos and any Explorer components.
How to broadcast from iPhone to Samsung TV
You have an opportunity to send an image from iPhone to the big screen of your TV or computer. So you can show your friends and family, as well as colleagues and coworkers something important. It can be photos, videos, presentations, etc. Here’s how to do it.
❶ Using Apple TV
The easiest way to send an image from your iPhone to your TV or monitor screen is through Apple TV. Apple’s signature gadget brings the experience of the company’s branded apps and ecosystem services to the large display of any device that can be connected via HDMI.
How to Stream via AirPlay to your Samsung TV
Apple TV, among other things, is suitable for using AirPlay technology. When the device is on, the “Screen Repeat” switch in the iPhone‘s “Control Panel” will allow you to select the wireless display you want to send your picture to. Try it, it’s very convenient.
To a TV or set-top box
Along with the release of AirPlay 2, Apple has opened up third-party manufacturers to its proprietary technology for wireless image transfer. They have the opportunity to become receivers for the signal from the iPhone without the need to connect Apple TV and other gadgets.
Among the manufacturers that have supported AirPlay technology are LG, Samsung, Sony and other companies. over, if your TV doesn’t work with this feature, you can also look at additional gadgets with it on board. in addition to Apple TV, there are other options.
❸ By means of an adapter
Not many people know that the iPhone can be connected to transmit images to the big screen, not only wirelessly, but also by cable. You can use Apple’s proprietary Lightning Digital AV Adapter, which has an HDMI port with 1080p picture support.
What is interesting, with the help of an adapter iPhone can be simultaneously charged using the included or third-party cable Lightning. This will not limit yourself in time when broadcasting content from a mobile device to a TV or monitor. You can even watch movies that way.
❹ Through the app
After all, you can also stream content from your iPhone to your computer’s big screen monitor, whether you have a Mac or a PC. To do this, a special third-party application called Reflector must be installed on it. It adds AirPlay support.
Of course, you won’t need a cable to send the image from iPhone to the big screen monitor in this case. So it will also free you up as much as possible when demonstrating something during a working presentation, friendly get-togethers and so on. Another convenient option for advanced users.
Download Reflector (there is a trial period)
The listed in the article are current at the time of publication and may change over time.
Ways to connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV wirelessly
Smartphone owners are more likely to connect their gadgets to an external monitor. Which allows you to comfortably browse any content.
How to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV? There are a couple of ways to synchronize devices.
Next, let’s look at the instructions and recommendations on how to connect your smartphone to your TV device using wireless technology, different physical interfaces. Making it easier for users to watch their favorite videos and photos.