Access the internet via Bluetooth
On the same Android settings page, you can enable the “Share Internet via Bluetooth” option. Once this has been done, you can connect to the web via Bluetooth, such as from a laptop.
To do this, make sure that the appropriate adapter is enabled on it, and the phone itself is visible for detection. Go to Control Panel. “Devices and Printers”. “Add a new device” and wait until your Android device is detected. Once your computer and phone are paired, right-click on the device list and select “Connect using”. “Access Point”. For technical reasons, I have not been able to implement it in my home, so I do not attach a screenshot.
How to distribute the Internet from Android smartphone via Wi-Fi, USB and Bluetooth
Today we will tell you how to distribute the Internet from Android smartphone via Wi-Fi, USB and Bluetooth, as well as how to connect to it on other devices.
And if everything is simple enough with the distribution. it is implemented using the standard functions of Android, then to connect you need to make some settings. Read more about it below in the article.
How to distribute the Internet from a Samsung phone via Wi-FI, USB and Bluetooth
Almost all Android phones have the ability to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB, and Samsung smartphones are no exception. This manual details how to distribute the Internet from your Samsung Galaxy to your computer, laptop or other phone using all available methods. In the examples we use the Galaxy Note with Android 10, but it will be the same on other actual models.
If you are interested in the same for Android devices without One UI features, read about it in a separate guide How to share Internet via Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/USB on Android.
USB Internet Sharing on your phone
Most often this method is used to share the Internet with a PC. Since desktop computers usually do not have a Wi-Fi receiver, and it is impossible to connect them to the phone‘s access point.
You can only share an Android phone to Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or XP computers via USB. On a Mac, you can’t share with Android by cable. On the other hand, the iPhone can be used to share the Internet via USB with both Windows and Mac OS computers.
Android as a USB modem
- Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Go to settings, “Modem and access point” or “”. “Modem mode. Activate the “USB modem” item.
- Your computer should be able to access the internet. A separate adapter (Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing) appears in the Network Connections window.
iPhone as a USB modem
- Connecting iPhone via USB cable to the computer.
- In the settings, in the “Modem mode” section, we activate the “Allow others” item.
- After that, an active internet connection will appear on your computer.
- If it doesn’t work, install iTunes on your computer, restart it, and try connecting again.
information about setting up this feature on the iPhone is in this article.
How to connect TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi from a phone?
The instructions can be divided into two parts. In the first one, we turn on the access point on the phone, and in the second one, we connect the TV to the Wi-Fi network. Since I have already written many separate instructions on these topics, I will link to them. And below is just an example of how it all works.
- Go to settings, under “Cellular”.
- Set the password and enable sharing (Allow Others).
- All. Our phone is already distributing Wi-Fi network.
Depending on the phone model, manufacturer, and Android version, the instructions may vary slightly.
- Open the settings and go to “Access point” or “Modem and access point.
- Then you can go to the access point settings, where you can set the network name, password (WPA2-PSK protection). Also in most cases there is a choice of band 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. I recommend setting 2.4 GHz, since not all televisions support 5 GHz.
- After that you need to turn on the Wi-Fi access point.
- After starting the access point, the phone will start distributing Wi-Fi network.
Using special software
Independent developers have created several apps to simplify this procedure. All you need to do is just download them and enter the simple settings. We will not take apart each of them in detail, as you do not need special skills to configure. The app itself “Leads the user by the hand”. Here is a list of the most popular ones:
- FoxFi. A simple application, which requires root rights. Ensure you have them on your smartphone. Download it from the market, enter the necessary data, connect from another device and use.
Some applications will require root rights, make sure they are present or choose another way or another application.
It doesn’t matter what version of Android you have and what kind of smartphone (Samsung, Xiaomi, etc.д.), the hotspot is enabled in the same way on all phones! In order to give out the internet you need to turn on the hotspot:
- Open settings and go to “Connections”.
- Go to “Mobile hotspot or modem”. Maybe called a little differently, but “hotspot” should be:
Done! You have successfully activated the access point and your smartphone acts as a Wi-Fi router. To find out/change your network name, password and range, just click on the mobile hotspot and you will see a page like this:
To change the network name or password, just click on the appropriate field and enter a new name/password.
Also, at the bottom of this page there is a section called “Connected Devices” where you can see and control all connections:
In the lower left corner there is another very handy button / function “QR Code”, when you click on it, it will open a QR Code on the whole screen, pointing at which other users will be able to connect to you without entering a password:
Just in case: on the device you want to connect, you just need to turn on your camera and point it at this QR Code.
If you want to distribute Internet from your phone another way, then in settings, section “Mobile hotspot” you can switch on “Bluetooth modem” or “USB modem”:
So you can use the phone as a modem for a computer and other devices that can not connect via WI-FI.
Video instruction with a clear example of how to create an access point and how to use a USB modem:
How to distribute Android Internet on a computer or laptop (via USB, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth)
Good day to day!
What do you think is more widespread and accessible: 3G/4G networks or cable Internet. (Types of connection to the network)
Answer: If the cable Internet is available only in large cities (and not in all areas), but here 3G/4G networks have set up not only in cities, but even in regional centers and villages.
The other day I took a look at the map of 3G coverage in different areas. it turns out that now it is possible to get online with smartphone even in villages, which are hundreds of kilometers away from big cities! Grandiose! About 10 years ago it was hard to imagine.
Actually, if you have internet on your smartphone, it can also work on your PC. On how to unshare it (t.е. share it). and it will be this article.
Tether iPad to Android Phone (2021)
- when you go to the countryside (or will be on vacation);
- at work, if your main Internet channel is limited (and you have no access to entertainment sites) ;
- And just as a backup connection (especially if your primary ISP often lets you down).
Handout on iOS
If you have an iPhone, enter the settings to give out Wi-Fi. In the menu list, select the “Modem Mode” section.
If you do not have this section, you need to make additional settings. You only need to do this once.
- Open the iPhone settings and click on “Cellular Data”.
- Click on “Data Options.”.
- Next “Cellular data network”.
- See if the fields under “Cellular Data” are filled in or not. If filled in, these data must be memorized. If not, go to the next step.
- Scroll down the menu list to the “Modem Mode” subsection.
- Next, you need to fill in all empty fields. In the lines “APN”, “Username” and “Password” transfer the data specified in subsection “Cellular connection.
If you have the fields blank, you need to fill in both subsections. You can get this information from your cellular provider’s official site. Or you can specify the standard data, which is appropriate for all operators:
Settings are ready. Reboot your phone. Under “Cellular Network” in the settings, you’ll see Modem Mode. Tap it and toggle the upper slider to “Enabled. In the pop-up window, select “Enable Wi-Fi”. The “Wi-Fi Settings” item will have an automatically generated password, which you can change to your.