You can also assign the utility launch to the Print Screen key: to do that go to Settings. Special Features. Keyboard. Enable “Use the Print Screen button to start the screenshot function”.
How to Take Screenshot on ASUS Laptop | 4 Methods You Can Use!
The screenshot is saved in the same way in the clipboard, until it is overwritten with other information. To save a screenshot on your computer, paste it into a graphical editor or another program. For example, use Paint, a built-in Windows application. In the search, type the word Paint, then start the application.
What buttons should be used
It is possible to take a screenshot without any third-party software on any Windows operating system. The first thing to do is to freeze the image. You can perform this operation using the following keyboard shortcuts:
- “win” “PrtSc” (on some laptops the “win” key is designed in the form of a button with a drawn flag, which is located in the bottom row of the keyboard (on the same level as the space bar);
- “Print Screen/Sys Rq” (it can be found next to the F12 key, but there is no automatic saving here, it is necessary to save the screenshot in some editor);
Help at! If you need a screenshot of just a single element, you should press the Alt key together with the Print Screen/Sys Rq key. Then you will not get a screenshot of the whole Asus screen, but only the window you are working with at the moment.
Then we need to proceed to the next step. to look for a suitable location for saving, because so far the screenshot has not actually remained anywhere among the documents.
How to do it on Windows 7 and 10
In most versions of Windows, further manipulation of the screenshot invariably leads to the built-in Paint program. This simple graphics editor can be found as follows:
- Click on “Start.
- Select the “All Programs” line.
- In the general list look for “Standard” and go there.
- Click on the “Paint” icon.
In the panel that opens, paste the screenshot using the “Ctrl” “V” combination. You can edit the displayed image however you like. In Windows 10 for Asus, the “Scissors” function is especially popular. You will be able to edit a screenshot by leaving only a fragment of the whole screen:
- In the menu that appears, click on the “Create” column.
- Wait until the cursor changes to a cross.
- Now circle the rectangle around the area you want to take a picture of.
- Then choose the address where you want to save the screenshot.
- Go to “File” and select “Save As”, specifying the name of the screenshot and the required format.
In recent versions of Photoshop the principle of inserting and saving a picture is similar, the only difference is that there is no scissor function. Instead you can use the usual selection and cropping.
How to take a screenshot on an Asus notebook
You do not need to install any special programs for this kind of saving. all you need to do is to open the screen in the tab you would like to save and press the Print Screen/Sys Rq key (you will find it next to the F12 key). Then you open Paint (all new versions of Windows 7, 8, 10 and earlier versions have it) and paste the necessary screenshot (ctrlv or the function Paste in the context menu). Then you save the image in the format you need (we advise you to save it in jpeg format, if you want to be able to download the image to the Internet later). This way you can take a screenshot of the whole screen of your notebook. If you only need an image of a single item (for example, a folder or a video player), then press Alt together with the Print Screen/Sys Rq key. The rest is the same. So, you can get rid of the sometimes labor-intensive work of editing the image and save it in the form you need.
What to do if the Print Screen/Sys Rq key does not work? It is worth trying it in combination with the Fn-key (bottom row of keys), and then follow the above instructions and paste the screenshot into the editor.
By the way, keyboard repair laptops Asus professionally carries out our service center.
This method also allows you to capture the entire screen, but if necessary, you can immediately edit the result.
Press PrtSc. Windows will make a screenshot, but will not show it: the system will not save the image to the hard drive, but only copy it to the clipboard.
To see the screenshot, start Paint and paste the image in the program window with the buttons Ctrl V. Modify the picture using the editor, if necessary.
Press “File” → “Save As” and save the screenshot in a suitable format. The image will appear in the folder you have specified. Instead of Paint, you can use any other graphics editor that is installed on your PC.
Nimbus Capture is a browser plugin that makes it very easy to capture screenshots of web pages. In addition to the usual snapshots of the entire screen, window or selected chunk, it also allows you to capture the full length of the page, even if it does not fit in the screen.
And Nimbus Capture also allows you to edit images and save them directly to Google Drive. Plus, the plugin can record video screen.
To take a screenshot, just click on the Nimbus Capture button on the browser panel and select the screen area. You can also set the hot buttons and the format of the pictures: PNG or JPG.
All of the above functions are available at no charge. But if you want to pin your own logo to your screenshots, save them to Dropbox, and get prompt tech support, you’ll have to subscribe for 15 a year.
Let’s start with the most basic. To make a screenshot of the whole screen, use the key combination Win (with a flag) PrtSc (Print Screen).
The system will take a screenshot and immediately save it to your hard drive in PNG format. You’ll find the file at: “This computer” → “Pictures” → “Screenshots”.
What buttons to use
Make a screenshot without third-party software realistic on any operating system Windows. The first thing worth fixing is the photo itself. You can perform this operation using the following keyboard shortcuts:
- “win” “PrtSc” (on some laptops the key “win” is designed in the form of a button with a drawn flag, which is located in the bottom row of the keyboard (on the same level with the space bar);
- “Print Screen/Sys Rq” (you can find it next to the F12 key, but there is no automatic saving here, you have to save the screenshot in some editor);
Help! If you need a picture of just a single item, then you should press the Alt key along with the Print Screen/Sys Rq key. Then you will not get a screenshot of the whole Asus screen, but only the window you are currently working with.
Then you need to move on to the next step. to look for a suitable place to save it, because so far the screenshot has not actually remained anywhere among the documents.
Ways to create
To date, the computer and Internet industry offers several options for taking a screenshot: from the most primitive way to special advanced applications that offer all sorts of options for editing various pictures.
There are two options, the use of which allows you to take screenshots:
- Taking pictures of the image, using the capabilities of the operating system on your computer device.
- does not require additional installation of special programs.
- mandatory use of the computer application Paint.
- Getting screenshots using special applications, which are designed to perform this function.
- no need to resort to using a graphics editor;
- Software can be malicious;
- requires extra megabytes of memory to install.
If you are wondering whether the quality depends on the use of a particular method of obtaining screenshots, then there is no particular difference, if you look at the end result. Both the first and the second methods quickly and accurately perform the function of a screenshot.
Combination of keys
If you do not have a special program that allows you to make a copy of an image, then we suggest you use the capabilities of the operating system itself.
The easiest and most accessible way to create a screenshot is the “Print screen” key
(Print screen). Its literal translation from English means “Print screen”. There is no such button on the keyboard because this key has a completely different look and depends on the creativity of designers. All modern laptops can have two types of keyboards. This is a standard keyboard and a keyboard extended (by using the side numbers).
Therefore, the key can be displayed on the keyboard as Print screen
To get a screenshot from the monitor device offer you a number of steps:
- Open the desired object on the screen (photo, video, picture, etc.) from which you want to make a screenshot;
- Press PrtScn (it is usually located at the top right or next to the Backspace key (above, to the right or to the left, depending on the laptop model). Nothing happens when you perform actions;
- if you want to make a screenshot not of the whole monitor, but only of the active window, use the AltPrint screen button combination;
- Open any of: Miсrosoft Word, Exel, Paint, Power Point or the Adobe Photosop graphics editor, t.е. The one in which you plan to work further (it can be);
- paste the resulting object;
The most adapted and more functional solution for the editing of screenshots is Paint (a graphic editor), which is represented by Miсrosoft Office and is already installed in your notebook. Thanks to Paint you can cut, save, draw, paste, modify data. In general, to realize all your creative ideas.
The “Scissors” application
If your laptop is Windows 7 or later, you can take a photo using the “Scissors” application.
We suggest you perform a series of actions according to the following algorithm:
- click Start;
- Click on the line “All programs”;
- scroll down the window, and click “Standard”;
- open the “Scissors” line;
- open the application. A window will appear before your eyes;
- press “Parameters”. You can use them to change the settings. Click “OK” after making your changes;
- Click on “New”. This function allows you to select the desired area and edit it as desired;
- Press “File” and “Save As” after you have made all the changes.
Editor “Scissors” is a basic editing tool that allows you to save your captured image in several graphical formats. Thanks to the application, you can insert the image into absolutely any software and send it via e-mail.
How to do this on Windows 7 and 10
In most versions of Windows, further manipulation with the screenshot invariably leads to the built-in Paint program. This simple graphic editor can be found as follows:
- Click on “Start.
- Select “All Programs”.
- In the general list, look for “Standard” and go there.
- Click on the “Paint” icon.
In the opened panel insert a screenshot using the “Ctrl” “V” combination. You can edit the displayed image in any way you like. In Windows 10 for Asus, the “Scissors” function is particularly popular. By selecting this tool, you can fix the existing screenshot, leaving only a fragment from the whole screen:
- In the menu that appears click “Create”.
- Wait until the cursor changes to a cross.
- Now draw a rectangle around the area you want to be scraped.
- Next, select the address to save the screenshot.
- Go to the “File” section and select the “Save as” item, specifying the name of the screenshot and the required format.
In recent versions of Photoshop the principle of insertion and saving an image is similar, the only difference is that there is no scissor function. Instead you can use the usual selection and cropping.
Press the “Print Screen” button
Any version of Windows supports saving a screenshot with a specially reserved Print Screen button (or Prt Sc for short). It is usually located on the keyboard in the same row as the F1-F12 function buttons to their right.
Pressing Print Screen takes a screenshot of your entire laptop screen and puts it on the clipboard. Now the picture should be pasted into some graphical editor, which perfectly suits the role of Paint, included in the standard Windows 7/10 build. Start the application via Start and click “Paste” (or CtrlV).
The image will be inserted in the working area of the editor.
Before you save the image you can apply some light processing to it if necessary, e.g. crop or rotate it. Paint has the necessary set of tools for such basic correction.
If you have pressed Print Screen and tried to insert a screenshot into the editor, but nothing succeeds, you need to use Prt Sc in combination with the special Fn key to take a screenshot. Its location may vary depending on the model of laptops. One more nuance. to make a screenshot of not the whole screen, but of the active window, press AltPrt Sc key combination. This is very convenient, because later you will not need to crop the image.