Other useful tips and features
How to crop a screenshot on iPhone 8 or iPhone X?
Using Instant Markup, you can easily crop the resulting screenshot. You don’t need any special modes or icons hidden in the menu (like with the Photos app).
If you just took a screenshot of your iPhone screen, it will appear in the left corner. 2. Click there. 3. Next, you’ll see a picture in a frame with thick pointers on the edges. And to crop the screenshot, click on the lasso and, holding it, try to move it.
Your picture will be cropped by the selection.
How to take a screenshot on your iPhone without using buttons?
Many people find it easier to show their screenshot than to explain what is on it. That’s why the ability to take a screenshot is an important feature. over, we constantly come across screenshots in various articles and tutorials. Learning is much easier when you see the real picture with screenshots of your device.
The standard action for taking a screenshot on an iPhone is to press and hold the Power Home button combination on an iPhone with the hardware home button, or the Power Volume Up button on new iPhones. But what to do if the hardware buttons suddenly don’t work for you, or you just can’t remember the right combination, confusing generations of devices? Is a useful feature unavailable? Fortunately, it is possible to quickly and easily take a screenshot of the iPhone screen, without using any hardware buttons.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone, the instructions are relevant for all models
On this page you will find instructions on how to take a screenshot on iPhone which buttons to press. This is another useful feature of the phone allowing you to save a screenshot of the iPhone screen.
A screenshot on the iPhone allows you to take a picture of the phone screen with all the information displayed on it. Below we will show how to take a screenshot on all iPhones and at the end of the article there is a link to instructions on how to record video.
1) How to take a screenshot on iPhone 10, X, 11, XR, XS and later models: Press the following two side buttons on your phone at the same time. Use the lock button and volume up button, as shown in the screenshot below. If you did it correctly, you’ll hear a click like when you take a photo, then the screenshot will be saved. For those who don’t get it right the first time, try several times.
After making a screenshot of the iPhone screen, a screenshot will temporarily appear in the lower left corner of the display. Click on this thumbnail to see it, and swipe to the left to delete it.
2) How to take a screenshot on your iPhone 8, 7, 6: Press the following two buttons on your phone simultaneously. the lock button and home button as shown in the attached screenshot below. If everything is done correctly, you will hear a click like when taking a photo, and then the iPhone screen shot will be saved.
After you take a screenshot on your iPhone, a thumbnail will temporarily appear in the lower left corner of the display. Click on this thumbnail to see the screenshot, and swipe to the left to delete it.
3) How to take a screenshot on iPhone SE, 5 and earlier models: Press the following two buttons on your phone at the same time. The lock button on the top of the case and the home button below the screen as shown in the picture attached below. When the screenshot is successfully saved you will hear a click like when taking a photo. If it did not work the first time, you can try a few more times.
After you save your iPhone screen photo, a thumbnail will temporarily appear in the lower left corner of the display. Click on this thumbnail to view the screenshot, and swipe to the left to delete it.
Where to take screenshots on your iPhone. Open the Photos app on your phone, go to Albums and Screenshots.
Hope the tutorial above helped you save the screenshot on your iPhone. Don’t forget to leave a feedback and specify the model of the device and how you took the screenshot on your phone so other people will get useful information from you. Thank you for your responsiveness!
Article posted 04.10.2015г. Edited 28.04.2020г.
Screenshot on older iPhones
As with other mobile OS, you do not need to install any additional software to make a copy of the screen. This option is already built into iOS. It is enough to know the combination of keys and the order in which they are pressed.
If you are still using a device such as an iPhone 4, 4S, 5, or 5S, it is easy to take a picture of the display by pressing the Home button, lock screen. You can take a screenshot on your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, as well as 6S, 6S Plus, 7 and 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus by tapping the Power button, touching Home. Some devices have a physical button, others have a touch screen.
How to take a screenshot on the iPhone SE 2020
Hold down the Side and Home buttons on your smartphone at the same time. As soon as you release the buttons, a screenshot will be taken.
If you do not press the buttons at the same time, you will lock the device or activate Siri. You need to press them at the same time.
You will hear a characteristic sound, and a screenshot preview will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap it to edit or crop it.
To mute the screenshot, you need to mute the iPhone completely.
Pinch a preview of your screenshot so you can share it in any app.
You can also simply flick a preview from the screen, and the screenshot will be saved to Photos automatically.
- To create a screenshot of the entire page, press the power key and Home button or the volume up button, depending on your iPhone model;
- Once a screenshot thumbnail appears in the lower left corner, tap on it before it disappears;
iOS 14 is the 14th version of iOS, Apple’s mobile operating system for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and HomePod line of devices. Is the successor to iOS 13. OS was announced at WWDC on June 22, 2020, iOS 14 was officially released on September 16, 2020.
Creating a screenshot on iPhone 8, 7 and 6s
Remember: to take a screenshot on iPhone models with the Home button installed it is enough to press the on and off buttons simultaneously (on the right side of the device and at the top on the iPhone SE), or the Home button will work further, on the lock screen or in the applications.
Also, as in the case described earlier, if you can’t press the buttons at the same time, try pressing and holding the on and off buttons, and after a split second press Home.
What to do if the buttons don’t work or there are problems
Let’s take a look at how to take a screenshot on iPhone 11 if you can’t create a screenshot with the buttons. This is where the hidden features of your smartphone that are not obvious to inexperienced users come in handy.
Taking a screenshot with AssistiveTouch
On newer versions of the iPhone there is a built-in screen-shotter application called AssistiveTouch. This tool allows you to take screenshots with a special button, but by default it is in the sleeping state. To take a screenshot using this option, you must first turn it on.
To turn on the option you want step-by-step
- Open your phone’s settings.
- Find the “General” section, then “Universal Access.
- Find the “Motor-Motor Apparatus” option and find “Touch” in the list of functions.
- Turn the toggle switch opposite the “AssistiveTouch” function to “On.
How To Take A Screenshot On iPhone SE 2 (2020)
When you enable this tool, a floating icon will appear on the right side of the assembly. By tapping the button, you can move it anywhere on the screen.
How AssistiveTouch works
- Open the desired application or website.
- To bring up the options menu, tap the icon and click “Apparatus”.
- In the new window, expand the “more” button.
- Among the tools, look for the “Screenshot” option.
Clicking on this button will take a picture of the currently open area and you can edit the screenshot or share it online.
Another very convenient, but for some reason by default hidden from users way to take a screenshot on iPhone 11. a double tap on the body of the iPhone. As with the previous option, this feature must first be activated.
Turn on the screenshot function by touch
- Go to your smartphone settings and expand the “Universal Access” section.
- Select the “Touch” tool. Scroll down the page and find the “Tap from behind” option.
- This will open the tool settings window. You can choose to take a screenshot with a double or triple tap on the back of your device.
- On a new page, find and about.
Now you just need to double-tap on the back of your smartphone to create an image, for example, the apple logo. Your device will then automatically take a picture of the screen and save the picture. This option will not only work in version 11 of the iPhone, but also in version 12 and earlier models.
How to take a screenshot on an iPhone with Face ID
These phones include all iPhone X models and newer (except the iPhone SE 2020 only). The entire front panel of these smartphones is occupied by the display, and there is no round Home button. To take a screenshot on that same iPhone 11, you need to simultaneously press the side button (which is on the right) and the volume up button (top left).
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X and newer
Frankly speaking, sometimes I myself get confused which volume button to press. Sometimes I was unable to take a screenshot because I pressed the volume down and off buttons, and the screen locked up instead of taking a screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 7, 8, X, XR, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE 2020 and other models
We constantly have to save and share information: to send some details, snippets of correspondence, maps to places you need, etc.д. In all of these cases you may need to take a screenshot, so it is important to know what key combination to use to take a screenshot.
This tutorial will cover how to take a screenshot on old and new iPhone models with a physical Home button (iPhone SE, 6, 6S, 7, 8, SE 2020 and others) and recent iPhones (iPhone X, XR, XS and XS Max, as well as iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max).
Before proceeding to read the article, note that there are other useful instructions published on the site for iOS device owners:
How to take a screenshot on iPhone 7, 8, X, XR, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, SE 2021 and other models
If you need to take a screenshot on your iPhone to share with someone or for other purposes, it is not difficult to do and, in fact, there is more than one way to take a screenshot.
This guide details how to take a screenshot on all Apple iPhone models, including the iPhone 12, 11, XS, XR and X. The same methods will also work for creating a screenshot on iPad tablets. See. Also:3 Ways to Capture iPhone and iPad Screenshots.
- Screenshot on iPhone XS, XR and iPhone X
- iPhone 8, 7, 6s and previous
- Taking a screenshot on your iPhone with a double tap on the back
How to take a screenshot via Assistive Touch
If for some reason (for example, the lock button does not work) you are not suitable for taking screenshots with the built-in iPhone option. Assistive Touch. The function offers the ability to control through gestures. To use it, follow these steps:
- Go to the device settings and select “Universal access” in the main options section.
- Go to “Touch” in the list of available options.
- Activate “Assistive Touch” with the switch.
- Press “Top Menu”, select “”, then “Screenshot”.
- The menu will now add the ability to create a screenshot and when necessary, you can take a screenshot by selecting the icon from the Assistive Touch menu.
How to edit a screenshot
You can edit the screenshot both in the built-in utility on the iPhone, and in additional programs that the user downloads on their own. The former uses a built-in feature in the Photos app. To use it, you need:
- Open the program and select the snapshot that you would like to process;
- After that, click on the “Edit” button, which is located in the upper right corner of the system;
- Now the user has only a few functions: The user can crop the picture, add a signature with 6 markers, highlight part of the picture with the magnifier, draw certain numbers or geometric shapes;
- Once the user has done everything, he should click on “Done”, and then the screenshot will be automatically saved on the device.
Of course, you can download additional programs, but as a rule, this utility is enough for the user.