Using the S Pen stylus
S Pen stylus is an exclusive accessory of Notes devices, representing a kind of electronic pen for editing, drawing handwritten notes on the screen, as well as controlling the phone as a whole. On the latest models, the pen is equipped with a Bluetooth sensor.
Using the S Pen, you can not only take a picture, but also video record the screen (for Note 10 and 10 models).
To take a screenshot, you need to:
- Press the control button on the stylus;
- Touch its end to the touchscreen;
- After a couple of snaps you will see a blinking display screenshot taken.
The second method does not require touching the touchscreen (for Note 3 models and later):
- Bring the S Pen to the display without touching it;
- Press the stylus button;
- In the widget that opens on your smartphone, select Screenshot. /
Where screenshots are stored on Samsung and how to view them
On a device with Android 4.4 or later, the best way to view screenshots is through the Gallery app.
- Open Gallery,
- Select the “Albums” directory, inside it is another folder. “Screenshots”.
- To save a screenshot to Dropbox / Google Drive cloud or transfer to another service, use the “Send” or “Share” option.
In some older versions of Android / Samsung devices you need to view the screenshots taken at a different address:
- Look for an application called “Photo” on the main screen, open it.
- Next, tap on the menu icon and select the option “On the device”.
- Next step. Go to “Screenshots” section. You can take a screenshot here.
How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy J3
Taking a screenshot is extremely easy. To do this, you need to:
- Display the picture you would like to take a screenshot.
- Then simultaneously press the Power button (this button is on the side of the phone and is responsible for switching the phone off/on) and the mechanical Home button (it is located under the screen).
- Press the two buttons until you hear the characteristic camera shutter sound and the snapshot animation. If your phone is in silent mode, use only the animation, which simulates a momentary flash and frames the screen with a white frame.
- The screenshot is made you beautiful!
How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Jump
How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Jump? How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Jump? How to save a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Jump?
Samsung Galaxy S DUOS. How to take a Screenshot
The easiest way to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Jump. Once you’ve saved your screenshots, you’ll be able to edit/share/delete your saved screenshots in Android 11 gallery. Click here for more information about screenshots.
How to take a screenshot on your Samsung: different ways
Samsung smartphones are some of the most popular in the world of touch devices, and even their owners often do not know how to make a screenshot on your smartphone, or as it is also called, printscreen. In fact, the process of making a screenshot itself is extremely simple. However, it can vary depending on the model of the device.
How to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy phone: using the buttons, applications and computer
A general tutorial on taking screenshots on Android devices published on the site last year, superficially discussed how to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. And while working on this guide I was able to go deep into the topic and describe the process of taking screenshots on the example of Samsung phones of different generations.
Users of smartphones running Android 4 were first able to create screenshots with the means of the operating system.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Earlier versions of Android did not support the Screen Capture feature at a system level, which forced the mobile device manufacturers to create their own solutions.
Independent developers were not left aside and have released dozens of applications and computer utilities. As a rule, in order to use the first ones, you had to obtain root rights. The latter required a PC or laptop (the image from the phone was captured via USB by a special program installed on the computer).
With the release of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich the situation has improved. this version of Android now supports taking screenshots with the means of the operating system. To use the function, a single key combination was invented, which to this day works on the vast majority of smartphones and tablets running different versions of Android (including Android 10 and 11). Only some manufacturers of mobile devices, which includes Samsung, have replaced the key combination recommended by Google engineers with their own.
Over time, during which technology has continually evolved, the new models produced by Samsung have lost the usual hardware and touch buttons (“Back”, “Home”, “Menu”), as a result of which the key combination, which takes screenshots, has been changed several times. In addition, with the release of the Samsung Experience graphical shell, which was replaced by One UI, and later by One UI 2.0, Samsung firmware has acquired a number of functions for the creation of screenshots (including long), as well as their subsequent processing.
Besides the capabilities of the operating system, there are at least two other ways to create screenshots: thanks to dozens or even hundreds of universal applications from third-party developers (not to be confused with programs requiring Super User rights, which were discussed a few paragraphs above) and by using the ADB utility by connecting your Android device to your computer via USB. Both methods will also be considered within this instruction.
If you want to make a screenshot of just the active window (or program), press “Alt” and “Print Screen” on your PC simultaneously; “Alt”, “Print Screen” and “Fn” on your notebook. The screenshot will be saved to the clipboard. Now you can insert it into an e-mail, photo editor or Word (press “Ctrl” and “V” buttons simultaneously).
This method will work for Samsung smartphones and tablets with a mechanical home button (in the bottom center). To take a screenshot, press and hold Home and Power buttons simultaneously for one or two seconds.
Screenshot using apps from Google Play
There are many applications that can take a screenshot on Samsung. What sets them apart from the regular apps is their advanced functionality. In this article, let’s take a look at some of the best applications that stand out from the competition.
AZ Screen Recorder
Wonderful multi-functional program with which you can not only make screenshots, but also record video of the screen.
AZ Screen Recorder application has proved to be stable and easy to use. In our opinion, the only drawback is the lack of opportunity to change the format of the screenshot (PNG by default).
The program allows you to make screenshots on any Android device.
After you have downloaded the application from Google Play, launch it and go to the settings section. Here you can change the functions of the program to your liking.
TouchShot lets you choose how you take a screenshot (you can even “shake” the device to take a screenshot), change the type of notification of the screenshot, edit the area where the screenshot was taken, set the quality and format of the picture.
Multi-action Home Button
The program duplicating and displaying the home button on the main screen. Should take note of the owners of devices with a physical home button (it is known to be inoperable over time).
With this application you can take screenshots by holding or double clicking on the displayed button. In order to do that, launch Multi-action Home Button, select Action on double click in the Actions section, then Screenshot.
This method is one of the fastest ways to take a screenshot.
Advanced utility from Ashampoo with an intuitive interface and powerful screenshot editor. Taking a screenshot on your Samsung a3 with the Snap program installed is quite easy. The main toolbar contains an advanced settings menu where the user is free:
- enable or disable the individual functions of the program;
- Set the acceptable quality of the screenshot;
- set the visual appearance of the interface to your liking;
- set the final directory for storing images.
Full version of the program works on Android 4.0 and higher. The platform supports Russian localization, which does not require root rights for a user to install on the Galaxy a7.
In addition to simply capturing the display, the utility will make a scrolling screenshot of any web page. After the initial saving of the image, a graphic editor with a wide range of features opens:
- Drawing geometric shapes, arrows.
- Stamping, watermarking.
- Adding text information.
- Cropping and resizing.
- Additional effects. shadows, outlines, color tones.
- Adapting to social media to quickly share screenshots. Google.
This application is positioned as a free markup of images of any format. Additionally allows you to take a screenshot on the Samsung a5 and convert the snapshot into a full image with explanatory captions, graphic effects.
Screen Master is able to take a screenshot of Galaxy a3 with further application of the following triggers:
- Full access to the utility is free of charge.
- Installer size. 5 MB.
- No restrictions on the use of screenshots taken.
- Saving images in excellent quality.
- Adding annotations.
- Capture a page in your browser.
A plus of using Bixby. you can do without gestures, keystrokes and the like. Nado:
- switch the assistant to the active state (for this there is a special button to start the application);
- Select the desired picture;
- Voice command “Take a screenshot”.
Bixby activates the programs you need, and saves your screenshot in Gallery or My Files.
How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Tab (a few ways)
In order to create a screenshot on the device in question, you can use several options. Here are some of them.
- Press the power button and the volume down key at the same time;
- While holding the keys in the indicated position, listen for. There should be a click, as if the camera took the photo;
- If the screen “blinked”, it means that its image has been saved in the “Gallery”.
Alternatively, on Android, a quick path to the image can be opened via the top notification bar.
- Press and hold the power button until a window with items appears;
- Among the list there is an item “Screenshot”;
- Clicking on the specified section, you have to wait for the camera to click and the screen to “blink”;
- In this case the screenshot will also be saved in “Gallery”, or it can be accessed through the top panel.
- First, you have to install the theme app from Google Play;
- Using the instructions, launch the application and take a photo;
- The application can create a folder specifically for screenshots or have to use the “Gallery”.
- Snapshot as a response to a special hand movement;
- Activate in the “Motion” menu;
- Perform the selected gesture;
- The screenshot on the tablet should be searched for in the “Gallery”.
As you can see, all of the options are extremely accessible.