[Corrected! How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone if the old iPhone is broken?
Hi, how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone if the old phone broke? I broke my old iPhone and I want to transfer all the data to the new. Is there a way to do it? Please tell me effective methods that work 100%, thanks!”
If you accidentally broke the iPhone and want to transfer your data to the new iPhone, this blog is for you. Here you will learn various ways of transmitting data from the old iPhone to a new. Let’s see how these methods work and what results can you get.
First make a backup
So, the first thing to do is to throw data from the old apparatus. This can be done in three ways:
Each method has its pros and cons of. We will analyze each of them in detail.
ICLOUD cloud storage allows the user to transfer such information as: photographs, videos, documents, programs, program setting up and visual display of the desktop, purchases on the AppStore, Media Feals, as well as SMS and MMS messages. You can also independently indicate those points and parameters that will be stored on Apple servers. For example, only these galleries, ringtones, audiobooks, but not the config of an electronic wallet or notes.
Free user is provided with access to a virtual space of 5 GB. A larger amount of memory can be obtained if you buy an additional place in iCloud, or to clean the media text already “merged into the cloud”. This factor must be taken into account before creating a backup.
- Log in the smartphone settings and click on the user image.
- Find the item “ICloud”. Tap it and follow the “backup” tab.
- Turn on the backup “Reserve Copy in ICLOUD”. Tap a little lower on the line “Create a backup”.
Ios will show a line of condition, as well as the approximate time for which a backup will be created.
The main program that allows you to make a lot of Apple settings, including the creation of a full archive, without loss of data. At the same time, all the same data is preserved in it as in iCloud. Through iTunes, you can remember all the logins and passwords to your social networks, the entire list of contacts, data from Apple Watch, including notes in the health program, WhatsApp, music, pictures, SMS, SMS.
- Connect a smartphone to a computer or laptop using a factory cable.
- Open the iTunes program and find the icon icon in the upper left corner. Click on it.
- In the window that opens, you can see a field called “backup copies”. Here you need to set two flags. One opposite “icloud” or “this computer”; You can choose anyone at your discretion. It is recommended to set the second flag opposite the point “Highlight a local copy”. It is this setting that allows you to save logins, passwords (including from Microsoft Exchange and Gmail), open sessions on social networks and other web resources.
- Click on the “Create a copy now” button. The device will begin the process of synchronization.
Important point: be sure to remember or save the password from Apple ID. Otherwise, the new smartphone will be blocked after the completion of “migration”.
Transfer photos and videos manually
You can make a backup photo and video manually using PC (without using iTunes). As part of this instructions, consider the file transfer algorithm directly to the computer running Windows 10. The system should be installed by the Apple Mobile Device Support drivers or the ITUNES version not lower than version 12.5.One.
- Connect the smartphone to the computer using Lightning cable. In some cases, a password may be required to unlock.
- The telephone security system can display a warning: “Trust this computer”. Click “Trust” or “allow”.
- Click on the “Start” button and select “Photos” item. The Windows app is opened.
- Select the item “Import” and “with USB devices”, then follow the instructions and tips of the system.
This method will work if the smartphone does not store images in the ICLOUD cloud.
Transfer all the data from the old iPhone to iPhone via iTunes
If for some reason to use the method of transferring data from iPhone to iPhone from iCloud you cannot, you will have to use iTunes. However, to use it, you need to connect devices to a computer.
Connect your old iPhone to a computer and run itunes. Make a backup with iTunes.
Turn on your iPhone 7, and choose these things:
Your language and country is dependent on turning on the Location ServiceSt Wi-Fi
When you are offered to configure the device, select “Restore from the backup of iTunes”.
Connect the iPhone to iTunes, and make a backup of the new iPhone using the same computer that you used to back up your old iPhone.
Itunes will ask you to restore from a backup or configure you as a new. And select a backup copy of your old iPhone and select “Continue”.
Transfer all data from the old iPhone to iPhone via Tenorshare icarefone
It is easy for you to transfer files from iPhone, iPad and iPod to PC via Tenorshare icarefone. Connect your device to PC and you can start managing your data, including videos, photos, music, contacts, notes, calendars, applications, bookmarks, etc.D.
This is a very simple way to transfer your data from iPhone to iPhone.
Select the type of file that you need to import.
Press the Import button and find the files that were previously saved on the computer. Wait for the completion of the process and you will find these files on your iPhone currently.
When using Tenorshare icarefone, you can transfer all the contents like videos, notes, contacts, photos, music. Messages, calendar, etc.D. On your new iPhone, regardless of what your old iPhone is 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 7.8, X.
Pass all photos via Airdrop
In this way, you can transfer all the photos from the old iPhone to the new iPhone, without the help of Wi-Fi, and with Airdrop. You need to enable Airdrop on both iPhone, then select photos that you want to transfer to the old iPhone, and click “transfer to another new iPhone via Airdrop”. Then you can get it from another iPhone.
Prescription all data through a backup copy of iTunes
Transfer of contents from one iPhone to another using a backup in iTunes, it is necessary to create backup first.
Connect the previous device to the computer. Launch iTunes and make a backup copy.
You must wait for the process of creating a backup. After the end of the process, turn on the new device. If the new device is already configured, it is necessary to erase the data on it.
Select “Restore a copy” on a new device. Then select a backup copy. And move to the stage of transferring a backup to your second iPhone.
Transfer files from one iPhone to another
The method of transferring information from the iPhone to the iPhone, first of all, will depend on whether you are copying on your own or someone else’s phone, as well as on the type of file (music, documents, photos, etc.D.).
The easiest way can be postponed photos, since here the developers provide a large number of different copy options from one device to another. Previously, each of the possible ways was already covered in detail on our website.
Please note that all the options for transferring the photo described in the article on the link below are also suitable when working with videos.
Methods of transferring data from iPhone to iPhone
Depending on how convenient you can use one of the following instructions for transferring data from one device to another.
Information transfer using icloud
Using iCloud to synchronize data is one of the simplest ways to prepare a purchased phone for everyday use. It is only important to take into account the fact that a SIM card should be installed in the new smartphone.
Before porting data, it is necessary to create a backup copy of these in the phone’s memory. To do this, connect your old iPhone to the network using Wi-Fi. You also need an Apple ID account. Now you can start directly to create a copy.
- Open the device settings menu.
- Find the item “Icloud” there.
- “Backup copy”.
- Switch the “Reserve Copy in iCloud” to an active position.
- Click “Create a backup”.
- Expect the end of the process without turning off the device from the Internet.
When the creation of a copy comes to an end, you can start transferring data to a new device.
- Run the new smartphone. A window with greetings in different languages should appear (in the event that the device is not yet configured). If the screen does not appear (that is, the device is already configured), then it is necessary to reset the settings to factory. The instructions for resetting the settings are below.
- Select your Wi-Fi network, connect to it.
- Next, set up the smartphone to taste until the “Program and Data” item appears, select the line “Restore the iCloud” line in it.
- Log down in ICLOUD using Apple ID accounting data.
- Select the data you need. For choice, you can navigate by the date of its creation.
- Wait for the end of the data loading process without disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
If you need to restore settings to factory, then do the following sequence of actions.
Data transfer via iTunes
This method will also need to use a computer.
- Connect the old phone to the computer.
- Launch iTunes. If an outdated version of the program is installed on the computer, then it is necessary to update it.
- Create a backup, pressing the “Create now” button in the “Review” point of the device settings in iTunes.
- Wait for the end of the process of creating a copy.
Next, you need to transfer a copy to a new device.
Itunes to iPhone Transfer | How to use iTunes | Tutorial
- Launch a new device. The settings must be reset to the factory. (A greeting screen should appear. If you don’t appear, then refer to the last instructions of the previous paragraph).
- Take the setting of a new phone to your liking until the “Appendix and Data” screen appears.
- Select “Restore an iTunes“.
- Connect a new smartphone to PC, in the memory of which a backup copy of the old device is saved.
- Select a new device in iTunes.
- “Restore a copy”.
- Select you need a copy (focus on the date).
- At the end of the recovery, you can complete the setting of a new device.
Using the Fast beginning function
If the old and new devices are installed versions of the iOS 11 and above, then you can use the Fast beginning function.
- Put the old and new devices nearby.
- Launch a new device (the settings should be reset to the factory).
- Choose a language on a new phone.
- If a notification of the “fast start” on the new device appears, the window of synchronization with the new smartphone should be displayed on the old.
- Confirm. The Fast beginning function will offer to use the Apple ID identifier to configure. If the setup continuation button will not be pressed, turn on the Bluetooth on the phone.
- An animation should appear on the new iPhone. Press the smartphones with the rear covers to each other and wait for the process of the end of the process.
It is important to keep the devices as close as possible to each other so that the data transfer process goes without errors.
It is advisable to maintain Wi-Fi with an active connection throughout the process and will previously take care so that the smartphones are charged by more than half. These two actions allow the iPhone at a time to load photos, applications, music and another in memory.
In order to transfer data from the iPhone to iPhone via iCloud, you will have to take care of creating a spare copy. To do this, turn on the Wi-Fi network on the current smartphone; Open the settings menu and find a item with the name of the owner; Go to the ICloud item, in the window that opens, find the link “Reserve Copy in ICLOUD”; translate the slider into an active position; Click on the point “Create a backup”. Wait for the completion of copying and do not break the Internet connection. The copy is downloaded to the cloud server, only the volume of loaded information affects the duration of the process. If the owner believes that the smartphone contains many useless files, the iPhone is recommended to clean.
Iphone is disabled connect to iTunes. How to open without data save itunes
Transfer of all data from iPhone to iPhone
So, you have two Apple smartphones: one on which there is information and the second on which it should be loaded. In such a situation, it is rational to use the backup function, with which you can completely and completely transfer all the data from one phone to another. But first you will need to create a backup copy. This can be done both through a computer using the iTunes program, and using the ICLOD cloud storage.
Further, the method of installing a backup will depend on whether you will install it through iTunes or through the cloud service ICLOUD. However, it is worth noting that there is an alternative solution, which we will consider primarily.
Using specialized software, you can create backups of all information stored on the iPhone, multimedia files and applications data, save them to the computer, and then restore/transfer them to the same or other phone. One of the available representatives of this segment PRO is Icarefone from developers from Tenorshare, which we will use to solve the problem from the heading of the article.
Creating a backup
Note: If a pop.Up window appears with the question “Trust this computer”, unlock the phone screen and answer in the affirmative, touching the inscription “Trust”.
Note! Tenorshare icarefone provides an opportunity to create an unlimited number of backups, and any of them will be available for restoration.
Recovery from a backup
By analogy with the first two steps of the previous instruction, start the program, connect the iPhone to the PC and go to the “backup and restoration” tab.
Note! If the backup is protected by means of password, to go to the next step, you will need to enter it.
Note! Tenorshare icarefone allows you to restore on the iPhone only photos, videos, music, messages and contacts, bookmarks and notes (the appropriate notification will appear in the program).
Thanks to the emergence of the iCloud service, most users have practically no need to connect a smartphone to a computer, since even a backup can not be stored in iTunes, but in the cloud.
To install a backup from iCloud, it is necessary to completely clean the smartphone of content and settings. Therefore, if the second smartphone already contains any data, perform their deletion.
Through iTunes, installing a backup on devices is easier, since it is not necessary to perform data removal here first.
This utility on functions is an analogue of iTunes, it works in a similar way. When using it, you will need:
In addition to using the special capabilities of Apple corporation, you can move information to PC if you connect a smartphone via a USB cable. When installing the iPhone connection, the computer will be perceived as a drive. You can download files from a smartphone gallery.
If you are interested in other ways, then you can also use third.Party programs. For example, download Gadget Google or Yandex.Disk, download all files on it and download them to a computer. But we note that you can copy only photos, videos, text, but not system documents. You can copy information not only to the desktop device, but also transfer data from the iPhone to iPhone.