To turn off the flashlight on your iPhone, you need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the menu which is shown in the screenshot. This menu is called Control Center. Then click on the flashlight icon (indicated in the screenshot by a red arrow at the bottom left). Click the icon again to turn off the flashlight.
Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open Control Panel. To close the “Control Panel”, swipe up from the bottom of the screen or tap the screen.
First, you’ll need to enable the option under Settings. Camera. Capture Out-of-Frame Photos (for stills) and Capture Video Out-of-Frame (for clips). So when you take a picture, the iPhone will take an extra shot with the ultra-wide-angle lens and save it along with the main frame.
To take a series of photos on iPhone 11, gently pull the shutter icon to the left in the vertical orientation or up in the horizontal orientation. If you’ve done everything correctly, a frame count will appear in place of the icon: To stop shooting, simply lift your finger from the screen.
- Find and select “Settings” → “System” → “Gestures” → “Power key behavior” → “Launch camera”.
- When the display is in sleep mode or on the lock screen, press the power button twice.
How To Turn Flashlight On And Off On iPhone
Using the Control Point on your iPhone with the home button or iPod touch
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open the Control Panel on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Tap the “Flashlight” button.
- To turn the flash off, press the flash button again.
How to turn the flashlight on/off on iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro or iPhone 11
Admit it! This is not an easy task. Find the remote at midnight when all the lights are off. But I’m sure most of you have your iPhone by your side when you’re checking those last-minute messages or shots before bedtime. Here’s where the flashlight on your iPhone 11 Pro Max comes in handy!
If you’re new to iPhone and aren’t used to turning on the flash, here’s a quick guide to turning the flash on/off on the iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, and iPhone 11.
Open Settings, scroll to Universal Access, click there. Next, select the “Audio Visual Element” submenu, and move the toggle switch next to the “Flash Alert” caption to passive mode.
How to turn the flash on or off when calling on your Xiaomi?
- Look for “System apps.”.
- Select the Phone app.
- Next. “Incoming Calls”.
- Turn on the “Flash on Call” item.
- Or turn it off as needed.
- After turning it on, check the flash is working: ask someone to call you.
Open the Settings app and tap Face ID and password (or Touch ID and password on older devices). Enter your password. Scroll down and select Allow access when locked. Here you can turn off any features you want to remove from your iPhone’s lock screen.
Using the Control Point on your iPhone with the home button or on your iPod touch
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open the Control Point on your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Press the “Flashlight” button.
- To turn off the flashlight, press the flashlight button again.
The flashlight and camera buttons on the lock screen are 3D Touch (for iPhone XS) or Haptic Touch (for iPhone XR). To turn on the flashlight or open the camera, tap the corresponding icon if you’re using the iPhone XS. If you have an iPhone XR, you need to press and hold the button for a couple of seconds.
- Swipe to the right on the Home screen or Lock screen, or open Notification Center to view your widgets.
- Scroll down to the end of the widget list.
- Tap “Change”.
- Press the red button.
- Press “Delete”.
If you have an iPhone X or later, swipe from the bottom of the screen, and stop in the middle to reveal the app switcher. Find the one you want and swipe up to close the app. On older models, press the Home button twice and swipe the app up. After closing the app, the widget should disappear.
In iOS 14, 13, and 12, you can use Screen Time to take the camera off the lock screen.
- Go to Settings → Screen Time.
- If this is your first time using screen time, tap “Turn on screen time.
- Scroll down, select Content & Privacy Restrictions, and turn it on.
What else you can do with the flashlight on your iPhone?
There are no flashlight controls on the lock screen other than on and off. However, if you use Control Center, you can tap and hold the icon to get more precise control.
Specifically, if you press and hold, you get to adjust the brightness of the light. There are five settings, from zero to the highest, and you can set the one you want by swiping up and down.
Note: whatever you set for the flashlight with this control, you’ll get it every time until you decide to change it again. This includes turning on the flashlight from Control Center or from the lock screen.