The next time you buy a TV try to get it with a built-in Bluetooth module so that in the future I don’t have to suffer. And let’s not forget about the Wi-Fi transmitter, which allows you to connect your TV to your home network, access the Internet and watch TV series directly from websites. But that’s another story altogether.
Bluetooth. the standard of modern communication devices, which have gained high popularity in most audio devices. Thanks to this type of connection, it is convenient to connect, for example, remote TV speakers. The absence of wires creates more comfort. However, it is necessary to set up Bluetooth TV if you decide to use this method on your TV. Consider the options. how to add Bluetooth to the TV, as well as the nuances and alternatives.
Bluetooth module at a short distance allows you to transfer information between connected devices fairly quickly. You can connect your smartphone to the TV and transfer sound, media files and other format files to play them on the screen.
Before setting up is recommended to check the characteristics of the connected TV and find out whether it has a Bluetooth module. If not, you need to connect an external adapter.
External Bluetooth-adapter can be of two types: with USB connection and via a mini-jack. After finding or installing it in the TV, go to the setting.
Today’s smartphones. it is a full-fledged multimedia center that can replace any other gadget to its owner, because it qualitatively takes photos, video, plays music and movies. The same can be said about Smart TVs, which are quite able to cope with almost all such tasks.
And if you connect two such useful gadgets, then the comfort of using them will increase several times. The advantages of this manipulation include:
- You can play any content from your phone on the big screen (videos, photos, etc.).);
- chatting in a messenger or opening a video call on the TV screen;
- duplicating open Internet pages in your browser;
- High-quality listening to music through the speakers of Smart TV;
- Read books or show presentations, show documents.
The data transfer, regardless of the chosen method is fast, the picture will be clear.
And you can even control the Smart TV itself using your smartphone. For example, using it as a remote control. All you need to do is install an app called LG TV Remote. The program is freely available in stores of any OS ( and ).
Steps to adding Bluetooth to your TV
As mentioned before, adding Bluetooth functionality to your TV is pretty easy. These instructions are designed to output audio from your TV via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth-compatible speaker, headphones, etc.д.
LG TV, how to connect Bluetooth headphones (2020 LG CX OLED Apple AirPods Pro)
Connect your Bluetooth transmitter to the audio out port
A Bluetooth transmitter is a small device that provides Bluetooth capability for almost any TV as long as it has an audio output port. The type of port determines what kind of transmitter you need, but it’s not hard to connect a Bluetooth transmitter anyway. All you need to do is connect the transmitter to the appropriate port.
Make sure the Bluetooth transmitter has power
If the Bluetooth transmitter is not battery powered, you will need to connect it to a power source. Most Bluetooth transmitters use a small indicator light that tells you whether or not it’s on once it’s connected. If the transmitter is battery powered, the light should also alert you when the battery is low.
Put the Bluetooth transmitter in pairing mode
Each type of Bluetooth transmitter has different steps for pairing mode, so read the included instructions carefully. Regardless of the type of transmitter, they are all easy to activate because the vast majority just need to press the power button for a few seconds until the light flashes blue and red.
When it’s in pairing mode, you don’t have to worry about placement because it’s already connected to the TV. Pairing Bluetooth devices is usually the easiest part of the process, but if you need more examples of pairing devices, we have a guide to pairing Bluetooth speakers with the Amazon Fire Stick.
Put the receiving device in pairing mode
To put your TV in pairing mode so you can add Bluetooth, the first thing to do is go to the source menu. From there, you’ll select “Connection Guide,” which will walk you through the setup steps. Click on the speaker option in the menu, and you should see a tab for Bluetooth. When the TV enters pairing mode, select the “Available Outputs” checkbox. Read the user manual if the menu items on your TV are unclear.
The Bluetooth transmitter and receiver device should be paired
If you have followed the simple setup steps, you should have added Bluetooth to your TV. You can now use your smartphone as a remote control, plug in your headphones, and stream content from your mobile devices. Although the setup is pretty simple, sometimes there can be problems that need to be fixed.
The next time you buy a TV try to get it with Bluetooth built in so that you don’t have to worry about it like I did. And don’t forget about the Wi-Fi transmitter, which allows you to connect your TV to your home network, access the Internet and watch TV series directly from websites. But that’s another story.
- First you need to enter the settings menu.
- Then select “Sound” and press “OK”.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the paired device.
- After that, you must open “Speaker settings” or “Headset connection.
- Make sure your tablet or cell phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Select device.
- Tap Broadcast screen Broadcast screen.
- Press “Home” button on your remote control.
- Launch the Screen Share app.
- Turn on “Miracast” or “AllShare Cast” mode on your phone.
- Select your TV in the device list.
- Make sure your tablet or cell phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- Launch the Google Home app.
- Select your device.
- Press Broadcast Your Screen.
Turn on “Wi-Fi Direct” on your phone under “Wireless Connections”. In the TV settings, go to the “Network” tab and activate “Wi-Fi Direct. Your phone’s name should now appear in the list of available devices to connect to. Select your phone and connect to it, confirming the selection.
If your TV does not have Bluetooth, or it flat out refuses to see headphones, you can use a special Bluetooth transmitter that connects to 3.5 mm output of the TV (it is also possible to connect via RCA (Tulip), or optical audio output), and the headphones are connected to it.
- Enter the settings menu (the gear button on the remote).
- Select Audio Out and press OK.
- Using the Left and Right Navigation Buttons navigate to Bluetooth.
- With the Down button toggle to the Device Selector and press Ok.
- Enter the “Settings” / Settings menu (the “Gear” icon) using the remote control.
- Select “Sound” / Sound (Speaker icon)
- Select Bluetooth / LG Sound Sync.
- Activate the function (select “On”).