Remove applications installed from Samsung Apps
All Samsung Smart TV users can install apps in the company’s service. The store is quite convenient, it is easy to install the widget you like on your smart TV. All you need to do is to register and then you can access all the features of Samsung Apps.
To clear the memory of your Samsung Smart TV from the installed apps from the store, you need to follow the elementary instructions:
- enter the Samsung Apps service on the TV;
- Find the “Downloaded apps” section on the home page;
- hover the cursor over the unnecessary application;
- open its menu;
- Click on “Delete”.
There are cases when the service hangs up, installed widgets can not be erased. Perhaps this is affected by the full memory of the device, which can also make it difficult to work.
If you can not cope with any of the above methods, it is recommended to do a complete reset to factory settings:
- launch the general menu;
- Press “Tools” button on the PU;
- highlight the “Reset” line;
- Then you have to enter the password, it is standard for all: 00 00;
- confirm your intentions.
It is important to remember that the reset procedure will return your TV to the state of a new one, and all the settings will have to be adjusted again.
Sometimes you need to tidy up your home page and leave the content you want on your device at the same time. How to uninstall an app on your Samsung TV from the home page, but not from the watch list? There is a way that works for models released in recent years. It consists of performing these steps:
- Locate the program that needs to be removed from the main screen.
- Click on the down arrow key on the remote control and activate “Remove”. It is possible to change the position of the widget on the panel, selecting the “Move”.
- Click “Uninstall” again in the pop-up confirmation form.
If this technique is not suitable for the TV, we recommend that you refer to the user manual for help.
Removing unnecessary software
Let’s say you’re bored with an app or it doesn’t suit you and you want to erase it, but you don’t know how. Now we will tell you how to uninstall an application in a Samsung Smart TV.
- The first method works only if your model of household equipment connected to the computer mouse. It is as simple as possible: right-click on the icon of the unwanted program, then select “Delete” in the window that will open. Everything is ready, the program is completely removed from the device.
- The second way for those who do not have a mouse. To do this, go back to Samsung Apps and find there the same file. Blago, all the programs you have downloaded are in the “Downloaded apps” section. Select the one you want to remove and press “Enter”. After that you will see its menu like during the first installation, but instead of the “Download” button you will have the “Uninstall” button. Click on it. After this the selected file will be automatically erased.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated in this process, but still you will have to understand the management of your technique.
To uninstall apps in Samsung TVs released between 2017-2019 (K, M, LS, MU, NU, RU, Q series), the actions will be as follows:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote;
- select the “Apps” section on the bottom line;
- Click on the “Settings” section (the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen), which will display a list of all installed programs;
- Highlight the desired option and press the central selection button on the remote control;
- select the “Delete” option from the drop-down menu, and then confirm the action.
On the applications screen, select “Application Settings” (the gear at the top right). Select a useless widget from the “Downloaded applications” line. Click the selection key on the remote control (the panel in the middle of the remote device) until the pop-up menu opens. Press “Delete”.
- Press 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 buttons one by one on the remote control
- Press “On” in front of “Developer mode:” and then press “Okay
- In the upper right corner click on the “Settings” button.
- Select the application you want to uninstall, for example “Okko”:
Remove Software from LG Smart-TV Receivers
Another competing giant firm that offers quality TVs and equips them with its own OS is the Korean LG. Its operating system is called WebOS, and by 2019 there are already three versions. That is, the most current platform, which is installed in modern models, is WebOS 3.0. It’s not much different from Samsung’s OS in terms of usability, but it has features in the interface. Like the previous company, it has its own standard applications, but nothing prevents you from installing third-party programs.
Algorithm of removal
To remove applications from LG Smart TV with a regular remote control, you need to do the following:
- In the general menu of applications (opened by pressing the remote “house” button) you need to find the section “my applications”;
- Next, you should select the necessary software for removal;
- after selecting the required program in the upper right corner there will be available actions from the list of which you should choose “change” (the “pencil” icon);
- Then a list of possible manipulations will also open, in the list of which you will need to select “delete” and then confirm your action.
LG TVs are often equipped with the Magic Remote, which is equipped with a gyroscope and can successfully replace the mouse. They make it even easier to uninstall an application. It is enough to point the arrow at the required software and select it by pushing the control wheel. After that, in the corner above the application icon appears a cross icon, clicking on which removes the program. You can even do this in the general menu of applications. you do not need to go to the list of installed applications.
There is another way. using the Magic Remote or a computer mouse you can delete unwanted applications by dragging an icon behind the working area. To do it, you should select the necessary icon by clicking on the button and then drag it aside without releasing the key. A trash can icon will appear. the icon should be sent to it. That’s all, the application is deleted.
Cleaning the cache
LG TVs, like Samsung, tend to clog the cache, which leads to a slowdown of the entire system. In this case when watching movies on the Internet the OS takes a long time to load the data or does not do it at all. Such a process can be accompanied by the message “there is not enough free memory on your device”. In addition, if the cache memory is full, it will be impossible to put a new application. Depending on how the problem occurs, it can be fixed.
How to Uninstall Apps Samsung Smart TV
- If the incorrect operation of the system is noticed while watching movies in the browser, the solution will be to clear its cache. To do this, go into the browser settings and select “clear cache”.
- If the TV has become worse overall, you will need to clear all of its cache. In this case, you need to press the “cogwheel” on the remote control to enter the device settings. Then select “general”. “clear cache”. “done.
After performing the above steps and restarting the TV everything will start to work correctly.
How to remove an application on a Samsung TV
You’ve probably experienced the problem when your Samsung TV says there’s not enough memory and you need to uninstall apps or games to free up memory. You have uninstalled almost all your programs and you still don’t have enough memory. Then you decided to uninstall the apps that were installed by default when you bought the TV. And you were as surprised as I was. We can not uninstall them, the uninstall button is not active. But I figured it out, and today I will tell you how to remove unwanted applications on your Samsung TV.
Pressing the “home” button on the remote control. I was taken to the main app screen with many installed apps that are installed by default on the TV. You, like me, many of them are not used, but they take up memory. Now we have uninstalled these applications. Uninstall Netflix apps. Using the up and down arrows, navigate to the Netflix app and click on the down arrow. We see two options “move” and delete. Use the down arrow on the remote to select “uninstall” and press the “ok” button on the remote. A notification appears that we are uninstalling the Netflix apps from the home screen. Click on the uninstall button with the down arrow and press ok on the remote control to confirm the uninstallation. The message “successfully deleted” appears. We’ve uninstalled the app from the Home screen, but we haven’t uninstalled it completely.
Go to the “APPS” section and press the “ok” button on the remote control. Use the down arrow to scroll down to the installed apps and select Netflix from the list. When we are on Netflix, press and hold down the ok button on the remote control until the menu next to the app opens, then release the ok button. We have menu items open and the delete button is inactive. If you press it, the notification “The main set of applications on your device can not be uninstalled” appears. Let the Samsung TV thinks so. Press “ok” on the remote control to close the notification. Now being in the “APPS” section, press the “123” button on the remote control. We have a menu with numbers. With the left arrow go to number one. Now you have to press numbers from 1 to 5, one by one. When you are at number one, press the “ok” button on the remote control, then quickly press the right arrow, go to number 2 and press the “ok” button on the remote control and so on up to number 5 inclusive. If this does not work, go back to number one and try again. If you have done everything correctly, you should open the window to enter development mode, as I did. Using the up arrow, go to the item ready and press the “ok” button on the remote control. Navigate to Developer Mode with an arrow upwards, it will be in off mode. Go to the item “on” and press the “ok” button on the remote control. After we turn on Developer Mode, the status of Developer Mode will change to “on” and at the top where “APPS”, it will say Developer Mode. Now we are in Development Mode.We don’t have to change the IP address. Using the down arrow, we drop to the “cancel” button and press the “ok” button on the remote control. Now go up with the up arrow on the remote control and move to the gear in the upper right corner to the “settings” section and press the “ok” button on the remote control. We have opened all installed apps on the Samsung TV. Use the right arrow to navigate to the Netflix app. After switching to the applications, the menu will open, we see that the button delete, again is not active, an arrow down to the item Deep Link Test, do not press anything. Now using the up arrow point up to delete. The delete option is now active. Press the “ok” button on the remote control. Notification about uninstalling the application appears, go to the “uninstall” button and press the “ok” button on the remote control. Notification “uninstall done” appears, applications are uninstalled. Let’s follow the same steps to remove the Music app. Go to the application, the delete button is not active. Go down to Deep Link Test, now use the up arrow to go up to Delete. Now “delete” is active. Press the “ok” button on the remote control. The uninstall notification will show up, go to “uninstall” and press the “ok” button on the remote. The notification “deletion done” appears, the application is deleted. You can delete all the applications you do not need. At the top you will see how much memory is used and how much is available. I have 765 MB of used memory and 51 MB available. Exit the “settings” item with the “back” button on the remote control. After deleting applications, we need to exit Development mode. Press the “123” button on the remote control in the “APPS” section. Switch to number one and press buttons “1”, “2”, “3”, “4”, “5” FAST, as we did before. Press “ok” button on the remote control. Using up arrow pointing to “Done” and pressing “ok” button on the remote control. Then go up with an arrow up to the point “off” (turn off) near the item “Developer Mode” and press the button “ok” on the remote control. The development mode is off. Switch to the “ok” button and press the “ok” button on the remote control.
How to remove an application from the Smart device
Users who want to get all the features of Smart TV, but have a regular TV, can make their wishes come true with a Smart set-top box. Regardless of the form-factor of the device, how it is connected to the TV-receiver and how much it costs, the full-fledged models run Android OS.
The important thing is ! It’s worth noting that there are DVB-T2 TV tuners with Smart options (DEXP, Oriel and others), but without the operating system. They are often confused with Android TV Box. But in the case of tuners installation and removal of software is impossible. they have a strictly limited functionality that can not be expanded.
The procedure of deleting unwanted software for Android Box has a certain sequence.
- Go to the menu on the main splash screen of the device. Press “Settings” or “Settings” button on the remote control.
- In the list that opens you need to find the “apps” item.
- Then you need to click on the program to be uninstalled, open its menu and select the “uninstall” item. There is also a section to clear the cache, which solves the problem with overflowing memory.
Some Android Box models have a slightly different procedure for uninstalling software. to enter the applications, you will need to find the appropriate item directly in the main menu of the device. Further steps are identical to the described above.
How to uninstall apps on Smart TV?
Modern LG TV panels have a sophisticated operating system, which is presented not only as an ordinary receiver of TV channels, but also correlates the devices to a smartphone. This means that the equipment must be regularly updated and cleared of previously installed platforms. To do this, subscribers need to figure out how to remove the application from the LG Smart TV.
Method of deletion
First the user should decide if the internal drive really needs to be cleaned, and then take action. Ways to uninstall the LG Smart TV app:
- Using the remote control, go to the settings menu and mark the one you want to remove. Move it to the upper right corner and wait until the deletion message appears on the screen. Without dropping the shortcut, drag it to where the prompt tells you to go.
- Go to the tab with the widgets, then using the remote control press the “Change” button on the top right. Select the shortcut of the file intended to be extracted and activate the “Delete” option in the action list.
- The easiest way to remove an application from LG TV is to move the unwanted software directly to the “Remove” task. Its location is in the bottom corner on the right.
Although installing any program requires a number of steps, it’s quick and easy to uninstall an application on your LG Smart TV. To install widgets, it is necessary to visit the virtual store, sort them and choose the necessary variant. Then the subscriber gets acquainted with the description, goes through the agreement procedure, downloads and installs the software in manual mode. And to get rid of the material you need to do only a few actions with the standard remote control.
If you have a Remote Magic LG, then open the list of applications, find the one you don’t need and point the cursor at it. An arrow appears at the top, then click on it until a cross appears. Then the user will be asked if it is really necessary to remove the content. Confirm the action by pressing the Delete key.
How to uninstall an application on a Samsung Smart TV? The main advantage of these models is the ability to watch content via streaming. For this you need to click on pre-loaded portals or add new items. In addition to adding sometimes need to remove unnecessary information.
Appearance of the screen list of actions (Samsung SmartHub) and specific actions necessary to uninstall Samsung Smart TV application depends on the model series, year of issue and firmware update. Factory pre-installed software is not subject to withdrawal.
- Activate “Home” button on the remote control to access the menu.
- Use the “Directional Ring” and the Pad to select software. Its icon is reflected in the form of a square with 4 small rectangles, and may or may not have the term “Applications” at the bottom or at the top of the icon.
- On the applications screen select “Application Settings” (in the form of a gear at the top right).
- Select the useless widget from the “Downloaded apps” line.
- Click the selection key on the remote control (the panel in the middle of the remote device) until a pop-up menu opens.
- Click “Remove.”.
- You may need to activate “Delete” again to confirm.
Step-by-step execution (suitable for the 2016 series):
- Activate the “Home” key on the remote control and stop at “Applications” where you can select your programs.
- In the bottom corner on the right, select “Options” and select “Delete” after opening it.
- In the next TV screen select the unnecessary software. The preinstalled content will be highlighted in gray, which means that it cannot be removed.
- Run the “Delete” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm your actions.
- After the status bar fills up to 100%, click “Ok” and the material will be removed.