Ways to unlock iPad through iTunes
Locking devices with secret combinations of letters and numbers is very important these days for those who want to protect information from prying eyes. What if you’ve lost the code?? How to react quickly? We will try to tell you in detail how to unlock the iPad via iTunes (and not only).
Apple’s security system is carefully designed: if you enter the wrong code six times, your device is blocked. “iPad disconnected, connect to iTunes“. what to do if you get this message?
First of all, download a new version of iTunes, if you haven’t done so already. Next, follow the algorithm below:
- Connect the tablet to your PC and run the program if it was not done automatically. That is the main action to solve the problem of how to unlock the iPad, just connect to iTunes.
- If the code is requested. try to set the device in recovery mode: press “Home” and “Power on” for about 10 seconds. After that, you’ll be prompted to resume.
- If there is no request for a password, it will start automatic synchronization. Then click on “Repair device”.
- In the window that pops up, you’ll be able to see the date the copy was made. select it.
After this chain of actions, the tablet will be reanimated without a password, which must be saved more carefully in the future. Actually, this is the solution to the “iPad is locked, connect to iTunes” problem.
The importance of backups
It is great if you are in the habit of making backups. This means that through iTunes, you can recreate the data from the place of the last copy. If you do not have such a rule, you may lose your information irretrievably.
Method : Unlock the lock via iTunes
After 10 tries, your phone says it’s locked and asks to connect to iTunes. Well, we’ll have to listen to it and start restoring.
But it is important to keep in mind that if you use this method to remove your password, you will completely lose your phone data. To do this, clever manufacturers have invented to make regular backups, returning all archives. So, how to unlock your iPhone via iTunes? Here is a step-by-step instruction.
- 1. Open the program. If it’s not there, find it on the official website.
- 2. Connect to your computer with the cable.
- 3. Enter restore mode
Remove password on iPhone X or later models, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
Without connecting your iPhone to your computer (laptop), press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons until the “Turn off” slider appears. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone. Hold down the side button and connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold down the side button until the recovery screen appears.
Remove password on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Without connecting the device to your computer (laptop), press and hold the side button until the “Turn off” slider appears. Move the slider to turn off your iPhone. Hold down the volume down button and connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold down the volume down button until the recovery mode screen appears.
Also, without connecting the iPhone to the computer, press and hold the side button until the “Turn off” slider appears. Move the slider to turn off your device. Hold down the Home button and connect your iPhone to your computer. Do not release the home button until the recovery mode screen appears.
Activate the iTunes app, your device will appear in the upper left corner. A dialog box will pop up where you need to select RESTORE.
If your phone gives an error when connecting to PC and doesn’t let you connect to the software, there are several reasons:
cable or port malfunction;old version of iTunes that needs to be updated;software conflict; it is better to use another PC.
This method is well-proven and working, but has a significant disadvantage: if the iPhone is disabled, it is impossible to connect to iTunes and recover the password without losing data.
How to unlock iPad using a computer?
Restore device data from iCloud backup
- Turn your device on
- Follow the setup instructions until the Programs and Data screen appears, then click Restore from iCloud copy.
- Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID.
- Select a backup.
Other ways to flash
The above method is not the only one for how to flash iPad 2, 3, Air, mini or other models. I recommend to use other ways of flashing only if the standard version fails.
Flashing iPad via DFU
DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode is for direct reinstallation. It is effective in situations when there are software failures on the tablet, and the standard method of reflashing does not work.
- Connect tablet to computer.
- Run iTunes.
- Turn the device off.
- Hold down the power key and the volume down button when turning on.
- Release the power key after 10 seconds while continuing to hold down the volume down key.
- After a few seconds you will see a notification in iTunes about connection.
- Download the ipsw file to your computer.
- Hold down the Shift key on a Windows computer, or the Alt key on MacOS.
- Click on “Repair iPad”.
- Select an ipsw file.
- Press “Open” button.
Important! DFU and Recovery are different recovery modes of your device. For Apple tech DFU is much more effective.
How to reflash iPad if I forgot the password
DFU mode is just for such cases when user forgets the password. You can turn your tablet off and on without a password, and when the new operating system is installed, the code won’t be on the device.
In addition to DFU you can put the device into recovery mode by changing the OS. This mode is available only for previous generation iPads. There is a physical “Home” button on the front side at the bottom of the device.
Switching to the recovery mode is done by switching off the gadget and holding the “Home” button when switching on. The next steps for reflashing are the same as in the case of Device Firmware Update (header above).
How to avoid the problem in the future
This may sound like a cliché, but prevention is better than cure. Here are two tips to make sure your iPad doesn’t get locked out of the wrong password again:
- Remember your password or disable it. If you don’t have sensitive information on your iPad, it’s best to simply disable the use of a password. It is done in the menu “Settings” “Screen and brightness” “Autolock”. Or write down the code and store it somewhere.
- If you are going to give your iPad to children, disable the password or change the default autolock time from 30 seconds to 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 minutes. Where to do this is described in the paragraph above.
Now you understand what the message “iPad disconnected connect to iTunes” means. If you have any questions, ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, the team macnoob.How to get help from us.
And finally, I will review the paid program iTunesCare, which, according to the developers, eliminates problems that arise when you connect to iTunes. For example, in a situation when the program does not see our device or does not see the previously created backup.
Attention! Before buying a subscription, first try the free version of the program. it may not suit you!
After installing the app, click “Fix iTunes sync problems.”. Connect your iPad to your computer and unlock the device.
It launches the installed version of iTunes on your PC. And your device should be recognized.
If there is a serious problem with your version of iTunes, click on the second option “Fix all iTunes issues” and follow the prompts.
It will download the latest version of iTunes from the office. Apple website and install it on your PC.
Conclusion: the program knows how to run an installed version of iTunes or reinstall the latest version of iTunes on your PC. All of this is automatic. You can do all of these steps on your own. Buy the program or not, it’s up to you.