iPad locked! 4 proven methods to unlock your iPad without a password
To protect your iPad’s privacy, you can set a strong password with letters and symbols. But what do you do with unlocking your iPad without a password? If your iPad does not unlock with the correct password or you immediately forgot it, you should learn more about the best methods from the article and choose the appropriate one accordingly.
Forgot your iPhone password: how to reset. 2 ways
It’s hard to believe how big and important a part of our lives is hidden in the smartphone. This includes correspondence, call history, photos and videos, documents. It’s understandable to want to protect a valuable and no small amount of personal information. Apple suggests using a passcode to do this, but it’s not the only security tool.
However, if you regularly use Face ID (Touch ID) as an iPhone unlock, it’s quite easy to forget the lock screen password code, as you enter it quite rarely. These situations happen often, and in this article we’ll tell you how to reset your Apple smartphone password if you forget it.
No need to worry. you can restore the functionality of your device. But to do that, unfortunately, you will have to erase all the data stored on the device. Then the smartphone can be set up again.
If you incorrectly entered the passcode to unlock your iPhone more than once, you will see a notification on the screen:
iPhone is disabled, try again when (and here will be a number of minutes)
Let’s assume that you still can’t remember the right combination when you try again. All you need to do is put your iPhone into recovery mode. Further action will lead to the deletion of all information on the smartphone, including the passcode. But after that you will be able to configure and continue to use your iPhone.
After the data is deleted and the initial system setup is done, you can restore the information from the backup. If you have not created it yet, you can set up your iPhone as a new device and then upload there any data from iCloud.
How to reset the forgotten passcode on iPad?
Anyone with a mobile device wants to keep their data safe. I must say, operating systems provide quite a few tools for this. For example, in iPadOS you can set a passcode for your iPad. But what to do if the owner himself has forgotten the right combination? Apple offers to solve the problem yourself, but you will have to put the device into recovery mode, followed by data deletion and reconfiguration.
The user can type and enter the passcode into their iPad in an attempt to remember the correct combination. This will end with a notification appearing on the screen:
Your iPad is unavailable. Try again when it passes
In this article, we’ll cover two ways to reset a forgotten passcode on iPad. Note that both methods involve deleting all data stored on the iPad. But this complete cleanup will allow you to access the tablet and reconfigure it.
After deleting all the data and settings on the iPad, you can restore the information by backing up. If you haven’t created one before, you’ll have to set up your tablet as a new device. After that you can load the information stored in iCloud into it. So
How to unlock iPad without password (all iPad versions and iOS)
If you forget your iPad or iPad Pro password, you are locked out of that iOS device. You won’t be able to use iPad until you enter the correct screen unlock password. Or you can unlock the iPad and iPad Pro to remove a forgotten iPad password. There are many ways to fix a locked iPad. You can use iTunes, Find iPhone, and recovery mode to unlock your iPad without a password.
Your iPhone is locked after entering the wrong password too many times. it’s
What if these iPad unlocking methods. Is if you don’t need to use the iPad unlock tool to unlock a disconnected iPad without iTunes during this time. Anyway, just read on and see how to unlock and reset your iPad without a password or computer.
Restore your iPad via Find My iPhone
This feature allows you to track the current location of your smartphone or tablet. it was Apple that pioneered this service. But there’s much more to this feature, including unlocking the iPad without a password.
But there’s a nuance here. you’ll need to log in to iCloud, and if you use the same password, you can’t authenticate. This is why developers from Apple strongly recommend not to use the same passwords. So, what we need to do:
- Go to the official website of the online service:
- Enter your Apple ID and password;
- make sure it’s the account your iPad is tethered to;
- when the welcome screen appears, press the “Find iPhone” button;
- a new window will open, in which you need to click on the button “All devices” and select your iPad in the list that appears;
- To unlock the iPad, which will reset the password, press the Erase iPhone button;
- Confirm and wait for the tablet to fully reset;
- turn it on and gain access to the device with the screen lock disabled.
Your personal data in this case will be lost, you will have to restore it manually, if possible.
How to reset your iPad without a password? The 3 most effective ways
Forgot your iPad password and can’t remember? There are several foolproof ways to reset your iPad without a password and continue using your tablet. This guide covers all of the most effective methods of resetting your iPad password.
How to do a complete reset of iPad if you forget the password? Below we have considered the three most effective ways: using a quality third-party program, Apple’s iTunes utility and using the web version of iCloud. That way, no matter what situation you find yourself in, you can find the best way for you.
Most often, the password is a four-digit numeric code, without entering which you can’t unlock your tablet. But in addition to the numeric code, you can lock your device via fingerprint or FaceID.
The locking method used depends on the user, but no matter how exactly the password was set, there is no way to reset it to your email or phone.
If you’ve forgotten your iPad’s password, the only way to regain access to your device is to reset it to factory defaults. So the answer to the question: What to do if I forgot my iPad code?. Reset the system to its original state.
Important! Reset causes all user data to be deleted, and your iPad will be the same hardware that it was when you bought it from the store.
If you backed up your data before your mobile device was locked, you can get all the deleted data back after the reset.
If a backup has not been created, it cannot be opened on a locked device, and therefore user data cannot be restored. This applies to any Apple mobile device, be it an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Before proceeding with the reset, you need to get hold of iTunes. You can download it from Apple’s official site. You need the latest version of this software to correctly detect a device connected to a computer via USB.
Resetting on tablets with FaceID (new)
New tablets from Apple, released since 2018, lost the physical home button and got unlocked through the owner’s face (FaceID).
- Press and hold the power button and either of the two buttons on the volume slider (volume up or volume down).
- The screen will show the shutdown slider. Swipe it to turn off the tablet computer.
- Now you need to connect the device to your computer through the USB cable, at the same time holding your finger on the power button. Your computer must have iTunes running.
- After a few seconds of connection to the computer and holding the key, the recovery mode will start. If you have created a backup, through this mode you can not only reset your gadget, but also restore it.
- Click on “Restore” to reset your tablet to the factory state.
Reset on tablets with a home button (older)
Prior to 2018, Apple made tablets with a tactile home button, which was located on the bottom in the middle of the.
Step-by-step steps for these mobile devices:
- Press and hold the power key until the screen shows the shutdown slider.
- Swipe the slider from left to right, disconnecting the gadget.
- Hold down the “Home” button and connect the device to the computer via a USB cable. Your computer should be running iTunes.
- The recovery mode will open, through which you need to reset the system by selecting the “Restore” option.
Repair process will start after the notification about the switch to this mode is displayed. A window will appear on your computer, in iTunes.
(2020) Forgot Your iPad Passcode? Here’s How You Can Regain Access!
After clicking on “Restore” the program will download the current version of the operating system for your tablet PC, and will perform a reset.
Important! If the recovery process takes longer than 15 minutes the process will automatically stop. To continue it, you need to re-enter recovery mode.
So what to do if you forgot your iPad password? There are several effective ways, which are described in detail below.
Entering an incorrect lock code on iPad several times will cause a notification that the device is disconnected. When you remember your password, just wait a minute and unlock your device.
If the code still doesn’t come to mind, Apple offers only one solution. do a factory reset.
This action answers the question “How to reset password”, but not only the code will be removed. Along with it, all user data and files stored on the iPad will also be deleted.
Avoid losing user information in order to reset the password, you can in the case of a recovery point, which is called a backup. I’ll cover that in the next heading, but here’s how to remove the unlock code.
Step-by-step instructions for devices with Face ID:
- iPad must not be connected to a computer. Press and hold the lock screen key and volume down key.
- When the swipe is displayed, swipe it to turn off the tablet computer.
- Connect the device to your computer via USB cable, and at the same time hold your finger on the power key.
- You will see the recovery menu. From here you can perform a reset to the initial settings.
Step-by-step steps for older tablets with the home button:
- iPad must not be connected to your computer. Press and hold the off key.
- A swipe appears on which you must swipe and deactivate the device.
- Connect your iPad to your computer while holding the power key.
- A recovery mode opens in which you choose to reset the device to its original settings.
When the device is turned on after the above steps, you won’t be prompted for the passcode. You can change it in the settings of the device, but this time put a password you won’t forget.
Tip: To avoid encountering the fact that the code must be changed again, I recommend to record a video with its entry on another device or computer. Well, if you often come across the fact that it is necessary to change the forgotten password, then don’t set it at all. You can set face recognition on modern devices.
Restore the tablet
If you created a restore point through iTunes on your computer before the gadget locked up, you can reset it to that state after resetting it to its initial settings.
- Turn off your mobile device. If you don’t know how to do that, check out the first point in either of the two instructions above. The method of shutting down depends on the model of iPad (with Face ID or with the home button).
- Connect your iPad to your computer.
- Run the latest version of the iTunes program on your computer. If the software is not installed, go to the official website and install it.
- Click on “iPad” in the left column.
- The software will diagnose the device and if it was reset to factory settings, it will offer to restore or update it. Select “Restore”.
- iTunes will begin the restore process. It should take no more than 15 minutes. If it will take longer, the software will tell you and you will have to reset your device to its original settings.
- When the process completes, the tablet can be disconnected from the PC and turned on the standard way.
The method via the cloud service iCloud is similar to the standard one, because it also entails deleting user data due to a reset. Only the return to the initial state is performed not through a mobile device, but remotely.
- Go to the official site of cloud service at: iCloud.com.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Tap on “Find iPhone” (it works with tablets too).
- Click “All Devices” from the top and select your iPad.
- Press “Erase” and confirm the action. The device will be reset to factory settings and all data as well as the code will be deleted.
After this method you can restore the gadget. How to do this is explained in the previous header.
Via Dr.It is possible to perform a reset without entering the unlock code. The software is user-friendly and simple, so I recommend it to those for whom the standard methods from Apple seem confusing or complicated.
- From your computer, go to the official website of the program and download it from there. It’s free of charge.
- Install the software.
- Connect the device to your PC.
- Open the software on a PC.
- Click on the “Unlock” button in the main menu.
- A new window will open and you will have to click on “Start”.
- You will see an instruction with pictures. They show what you need to do to put your gadget into recovery mode. Follow the instructions in the program.
- Click on the “Download” button. After that, the software will find the official and current version of the operating system for your device and download it.
- Once the download is complete, the “Unlock Now” option will become active. Click on it.
- A small window will appear in which you need to enter the verification code “000000” (six zeros) and click on “Unlock”.
- Wait for the process to complete and then disconnect your device and turn it on.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with Dr.Fone (for example, because everything is in English), there is another similar program called Pass Fab iPhone Unlocker.
It works exactly the same way Dr.Fone, and the steps in it are the same. The only difference is that Pass Fab iPhone Unlocker is available in Russian. So here there will be no problems at all with how to unlock iPad if you forgot your password.
About the author of this site
Hi. My name is Peter. I am the author of this site. In it I talk about something that I am very interested in. Specifically about tablets. In the blog, I try to talk in simple terms about the firmware, settings, and novelties of all modern tablets. Also, most of the articles are about the Android OS, which I really like
A site about tablets and everything related to them. Tips for setting up and flashing tablets. Reviews of the most popular brands of graphics tablets. Samsung, Lenovo, Apple and other tablets. Customer reviews and news from the tablet world.
No iTunes? No problem! Quickly unlock a disconnected iPad using these methods
No one is perfect. You forget your iPad password and your device disconnects after too many incorrect attempts, you’re left with a string of “iPad disconnected, connect to iTunes” instructions. However, you either don’t want or can’t use iTunes, how to unlock a disconnected iPad now?
Don’t worry, we’re here to help. There are various methods and techniques on the Internet. After reviewing these methods, we have filtered out the unacceptable and overly complicated methods that may not be suitable for your case, and selected the best ways to help you. Unlock a disconnected iPad is easy.