Android phone as a modem for a computer via USB cable
It’s no secret that you can give the Internet from the phone to other mobile devices and computers. And in this article I will show how to use the phone on OS android as a modem for a computer, or laptop. When connecting using a USB cable. This scheme is suitable primarily for stationary computers who do not have a Wi-Fi module. And connect them to the Wi-Fi access point, which can also be launched on the phone, we will not succeed.
Almost all smartphones on Android can distribute mobile Internet (in modem mode) via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB cable. How to configure the Wi-Fi access point, I already showed in these articles:
But if you have a PC, or Wi-Fi does not work on a laptop, then you simply cannot connect your computer to a Wi-Fi network. In this case, you can use USB cable. Connect the phone with the computer, and enable the “USB modem” mode on the phone. And on the computer there will be access to the Internet via the phone (via mobile operator).
Когда телефон работает как модем именно по кабелю, то он сразу заражается от компьютера. And if you use it as a Wi-Fi access point, the battery sits very quickly, and it has to be connected all the time to charging.
I checked on the Samsung Galaxy J5. Everything is very simple. No need to install some drivers on the computer, create connections, etc. D. Just turn on mobile data on the phone (Internet via Edge, 3G, 4G). We connect by USB to the computer and activate the “USB modem” mode in the settings.
I think that this function works exactly the same on all phones that work on Android. I can’t check it now on phones from Huawei, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Sony, LG, etc. D., But if there are any differences in the settings and names, then they are not critical.
Advantages and disadvantages
Connecting a computer or laptop to the Internet through a mobile network has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
This method of connecting to the Internet may not be suitable for everyone, due to the presence of significant minuses:
- Dear mobile network. When connecting a laptop to a mobile network, too many traffic will leave. In this regard, it is better to use mobile Internet in rare cases, or use an unlimited tariff.
- Slow connection. Internet speed on mobile devices is usually low. This is enough for the phone, but the computer will need much more. Because of this, a long loading of sites or games is possible.
- Bad connection. Of course, it all depends on the operator, but, as a rule, the mobile Internet is quite inferior to the usual.
If the listed disadvantages do not play roles, you should go directly to the method of connecting.
Smartphone as a Bluetooth modem
As you have already guessed, this function works by analogy with the Wi-Fi access point. To use the Bluetooth modem mode on Android, follow the following actions:
- Turn on the Bluetooth module on the laptop and the phone. Turn on the detection of the device. This is done in the module settings. On the computer, find the Bluetooth icon in the system tray (lower right corner of the desktop). Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Open the Parameters”.
In the “Parameters” tab, put the checkmark in the line “Allow devices to detect this computer”.
On the smartphone, enter the Bluetooth settings and put a checkplace in the “Allow Detection” or “Apparently all devices”.
- At this stage, we need to carry out the conjugation of the devices. To do this, click on the computer again with the right mouse button on the Bluetooth icon. In the menu that appears, select “Add the device”.
Как подключить ПК к интернету через USB модем телефона Android IOS
After that, a window will open in which the system will display a list of equipment available for connecting. Select your smartphone and click “Next”.
Now the system generated a PIN code. He must coincide on both devices. You can only confirm the conjugation. To do this, click OK on a smartphone and computer. Now the system will install the necessary software and drivers.
- Turn on your mobile Internet or Wi-Fi on the phone (mobile data transfer).
- Now we go into the smartphone settings and select the “Other Networks” item, after which we select “Modem and Access Point”.
On older versions, follow the following path: “Settings”-“Wireless Networks”-“modem and access point”. Here you just need to put a box in the line “Bluetooth modem”.
In the window that opens, you will see all the devices conjugated with the data (tablets, phones, smartphones, printers and so on).
After that, on your PC you will get access to a mobile Internet via Bluetooth. As you can see, there is nothing complicated. It is only important to observe the sequence of actions. In this case, the conjugation must be performed only once.
With further connections, you just need to turn on the wireless module on the PC and the phone and perform actions starting from the third point.
Remember that this mode significantly reduces the autonomous time of the mobile phone. Consider this on trips and in cases where there is no socket at hand for connecting charging.
How to use Android phone as a modem via USB is a method
So that your smartphone can be used as a USB modem, use the EasyTher Lite program (or a full-functional version of EasyTether Pro).
- Install this application and on the phone. And on a personal computer
- Connect the smartphone to PC via a USB cable
- Install the required PC drivers if such a need arises
- Activate on the Android device USB debugging mode (“Settings-Applications-Development-Point“ USB debugging ”)
- On the computer, clat the right mouse key on the EasyTether icon and select Connect Via Android. The computer will receive Internet access
Connection and settings of the Roter Zyxel Keenetic Lite II model
This is one of the simplest and most common ways to connect a tablet computer or any other device to the Internet. All modern gadgets have a built-in module that allows you to conduct an Internet connection. All that is required for this is to find an access point, enter the password (if provided) and after that you can freely use all the benefits of the Internet.
Search for public points
Note! Today, almost every public place has its own access point to a wireless network.
For search, you just need to go into the settings of the gadget and select a Wi-Fi connection. A list of available networks will open. You need to select the necessary and enter the password if required. After that, the device will connect in the future, when this point is detected, it will automatically connect.
There are various problems, in connection with which the connection does not always succeed. Often they are associated with incorrect password entering or problems in a tablet or router.
- Incorrect data input can be corrected by trying to enter the password again.
- Also often the device may not see the connection point, although it exists. You can try to connect from another gadget. If this does not work, it is recommended to restart the router.
- If there is a connection, but the data is not transmitted, then there is nothing to change on your own, since this is already a problem on the side of the access point.
Via Wi-Fi (relevant for laptops and others. Smartphones)
It is convenient to connect via USB, but imagine if you don’t have a PC, but a laptop and all the ports are already busy? In addition, if you are on the road (say), then every extra wire can provide a huge inconvenience.
And the created Wi-Fi network allows you to shake the network at once on several devices: say, on a laptop and another smartphone (for example).
How to do this: the first actions are similar. Check that your phone has a 3G/4G network and open the network settings on Android, the “” tab (see. Screenshot below).
Next in the tab “Modem mode” turn on the “Point of access Wi-Fi”. Then set the access point settings: network name and password for access.
Then, you can connect to this Wi-Fi network, as well as to any other. If you take a laptop, then just click on the network icon in the tria, from the list of available networks, select the one we created: to access it, you need to enter a password.
In general, if everything is true, the network icon will become active, you can use the Internet.
Just in case!
If you suddenly have a Wi-Fi network without access to the Internet-T.E. A yellow exclamation icon began to burn on it, then read the materials of this article
Phone as a Wi-Fi access point
Each user can turn Android device into a full-fledged access point. To do this, you need to connect to the mobile Internet, go to “Settings”. “Network and Internet” and go to the section “Modema Modema / Access Point”.
It is enough to activate the option here, and after a few seconds a new Wi-Fi network will be created.
The owner of a distributing Internet phone can set his own network name (SSID) and password for access point.
Connecting to such an access point occurs in the same way as to any other wireless Internet. You need to choose the created Wi-Fi network on a computer/laptop, enter a password and wait for connection.
How to use Android Phone as USB Modem in Windows 7, 8,10
It is important to note that the access point on the access point does not allow you to use a Wi-Fi Internet at the same time. Only 2G, 3G or 4G mobile communications are available.
Detailed instructions for distributing the Internet from the phone on PC via Wi-Fi are on our website.
We connect a computer to a Wi-Fi network via Android device as an adapter
First I advise you to turn off the mobile Internet on your phone. Just turn off the data transmission through the cellular network. It’s just in case. To know exactly that Wi-Fi connection is used.
Of course, your phone should be connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Using a USB cable, connect the phone to the computer. He will work not only as an adapter, but will also become infected.
We go to the settings on the phone, to the “connection” section, then go to the “access point and the modem” and turn on the “USB modem” (general access to the Internet connection on this phone).
Access to the Internet will immediately appear on the computer via the phone.
Just another network adapter will appear. I have Ethernet 4 (Remote NDIS BASED Internet SHARING DEVICE). You may have another. It does not matter.
To stop using your smartphone as a Wi-Fi receiver, just turn off the “USB-model” function in the settings, or turn off the phone from the computer.
In the same way, you can use the tablet on Android.
I hope this article is useful to you. Be sure to leave your reviews in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
First, check if the Internet works on the phone itself (it is possible that the reason was some temporary failure of the operator, or you are not in the network of network action. ).
Secondly, specify whether your operator blocks the distribution of access to the Internet via USB / Wi-Fi (today such restrictions are less and less, but there are still present at some tariffs).
Note: t.E. It may be that your tariff allows you to unlimitedly use the Internet from the phone, but does not allow it to be shaken on the other. Devices.
Look at the phone settings: does it see the connected PC (see. An example below).
Also in the settings, check if there are traffic restrictions (Android has a built.In lock function, which is automatically activated when the established limit is reached). Usually, this function in the section with traffic statistics.
Try to reset the network in Windows 10 OS. To do this, it is enough to open the parameters of the system (combination of Wini). Go to the section “Network and Internet” and scroll down the page down. There will be a cherished link.
If all of the above did not help, I will also recommend changing DNS. It is done simple.
1) First you need to open all network connections on a PC/laptop. To do this, click Winr, enter the NCPA command in the “Perform” window.CPL, and click OK.
NCPA.CPL. Viewing all network connections
2) Next, open the properties (by pressing PCM on it) of the active connection (it is usually colored and without red crosses). To accurately find out its name. You can open. Phone and connect it again.
3) After you need to open the properties of “IP version 4” and manually indicate the DNS server: 8.Eight.Eight.8, 8.Eight.4.4 (these are fast and reliable DNS from Google, but you can choose others).
In some cases, access to the Internet can be blocked by antiviruses and firewalls. If you have third.Party products installed. Disconnect them for the time of diagnosis and search for the causes of the problem.
To launch a diagnostic wizard. In Windows 10, just click on the right button on the icon of the network icon in the tria. After he will automatically check and refer most of the typical problems that arise at the stage of configuration.
By the way, diagnostics can be launched, etc. Walk: First Open the OS (Wini) parameters, go to the “Update and Security / Elimination of Non.Stop / Connecting / Connection” section.